Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

this is hilarious (and lucky)

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 28, 2011
idk if this is lucky but I got two yellow ghosts in one battle from the first Pagoda boss

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
wizardrokz on May 8, 2013 wrote:
idk if this is lucky but I got two yellow ghosts in one battle from the first Pagoda boss
Pagoda creatures, not just bosses, creatures, drop pets all the time

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 81

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I have an embarrassment of death cyclopes from various lookalike bosses in Dragonspyre.

That said, I'd sure love to trade some of them for a good ianthine specter any day.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
AluraMist2 on Jun 1, 2010 wrote:
I wasn't even trying for a pet, but I got a Satyr pet that gives one Satyr card. I didn't even know there was such a pet. I think I was doing the last obsidian chest in Dean's cell in the Labyrinth, but I'm not quite sure that's where it came from. But I like it anyway !!!
What? I don't mean to be rude, but that's impossible! There are only two ways to get a satyr: one, hatch a satyr you already have, and two, get it from your level 48 Life quest. It's life only! Oh and I did Midnight Sun Pagoda yesterday and got a pet drop like every time. Two ninja pigs, a ghost (Yellow I think) and a goat monk .

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I once started farming the Jade Oni for a St. Patrick's Day staff, and I got a Jade Oni. I hate them. o:

No staff :(

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
I was using my crowns up on hydra hoards packs, I got 2 pets in 1 pack! Crabling and Spark Beast! O:

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
My post isn't about drops, it''s about hatching. So I decided to get a Reaver pet (a hybrid of satyr and a hydra) I found someone with a satyr, and I had the hydra and we hatched. I expected to have to hatch about 10 times for a hybrid. But when I looked at my egg it was symmetrical like a hydra egg but it was colored odd, peachy-yellowish colors. At first I thought "Yay its a reaver" but when I looked on central, it said that hydra and satyr can make 3 different hybrids! So now my hybird may not be the right one. So now i thought i would have to hatch about 50 times for a reaver. My egg hatched.....and it was a reaver!!!!!! How lucky is that!!!?????

From Angie D and Spencer the reaver

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Ah, I have been lucky a couple times too.

It took one battle to get the Longblade of the Homonculus. I got the Ianthine Spectre on my first try.

Emma Stormshade, Transcendent Sorceress

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
I was farming the junk out of youkai for about a week, for the fire hat. I go in with my friend, and get the hat on my first fight. I didn't even notice it! I guess friends can improve your luck?
Gabby90

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
Popman98 on May 31, 2010 wrote:
a few days ago i decided to try to get some of the rare pets with my gm because i had nothing better to do. i decided to go get blue ghost first. so i went to general akilies and got ready for what i was excpecting to be like 50 battles. i walked in there, beat him in 3 turn, and guess what he dropped immediatley? blue ghost! what on earth are the chances of that? it took my mind a minute to except that i had really got a pet on my first try. it was crazy! any one gotten lucky like this before?
Yeah today May 31 I battled one of the Bosses in the test realm big ben or one of the wings beside it and got one a brown rat magician and a white rat magician!

Tarlac Owldreamer Fire Wizard.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
So, I did the waterworks once. And what do I get but all of my schools gear? And later, I did the trial of the spheres and I got a sea dragon first try!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
You guys have some good luck. I always seem to get the worst drops possible!
Death rules

Survivor
Nov 18, 2011
I was with my friend one time and we were beating a boss I forget who but first try I got a storm cat
And another time me and the same friend went into dr.von catenstien and he a got a storm serpent from the clanker spider

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
Popman98 on Jun 1, 2010 wrote:
nice, that was lucky. and i didnt know jade oni dropped life beetle.

i have alao heard that crazed forest spirit drops a crabling or something

?.?

i fought him all day yesterday, but he didnt drop it. guess my luck from the other day has run out.
Plague Oni not Jade Oni.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
hunteray09 wrote:
But what quest do you get for it? I looked and looked but i couldn't find the quest. I REALLY WANT A CRABLING SO PLZ SOMEONE POST BACK AND TELL HOW!!!!!!
A quest for killing Krokatopa? Just look it up. If you looking for a quest for the crabling, there is no such thing. You can get the crabling by:

A: Get a pack or two
B: Killing Krokatopa for a while
C: Look it up

------Nathan SpellStaff
Level 63 Life
Happy Casting!

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
i was training my younger wizard and i was fighting the skeletal boss in his tower on unicorn way and on the first battle he dropped a myth sprite! so after that i went on my other wizards and kept defeating him until i got the pet

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
Igloo Girl on Jul 8, 2010 wrote:
THIS IS MORE LUCKY THEN ALL COMMENTS!

I got FrostZilla, which is like blue ice stormzilla, off a 3,500 health boss with 1,210 minion ON FIRST GO! FIRST GO!
do u remember where u got that at???

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
dr6g0n on May 19, 2013 wrote:
What? I don't mean to be rude, but that's impossible! There are only two ways to get a satyr: one, hatch a satyr you already have, and two, get it from your level 48 Life quest. It's life only! Oh and I did Midnight Sun Pagoda yesterday and got a pet drop like every time. Two ninja pigs, a ghost (Yellow I think) and a goat monk .
No, I have a satyr card from my pet Life cyclops I got from a membership card.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Card pack odds have been really good to me.
I was hoping for a skyvern mount.
I bought a lot of packs.
I got a skyvern.
I went for a Phoenix mount.
I bought about 10 packs .
Guess what I got???
A Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my first pharaoh's hoard pack, I got a tapestry to the oasis!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
David8675309 on Jun 28, 2010 wrote:
I got Storm Serpent on my first try, and i wasn't even farming!
dude I under stand I got a storm serpent I didn't even know it (I wasn't paying attention) until it hatched oh and like last week during the pet snack week I got a perrues pet provisions and not Only did I get a ladybug that gave unicorn but I got a tailstrom pantera I hatched the lady bug with my mander which also came from perrues pet provisions oh and my first lady bug (I got another one when I hatched) know life bat and casts it every turn. I'm hoping to get my new lady bug to know it

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
not a pet drop but something just as good! bought a purreau's pet prov pack, gotmmeow wing and an oyoroi robe from that one pack! both are ultra-rares! XD

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
Meow Wing on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
not a pet drop but something just as good! bought a purreau's pet prov pack, gotmmeow wing and an oyoroi robe from that one pack! both are ultra-rares! XD
ikr perues pet provisions pack ROCKS

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Molly the Balance ... on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
Card pack odds have been really good to me.
I was hoping for a skyvern mount.
I bought a lot of packs.
I got a skyvern.
I went for a Phoenix mount.
I bought about 10 packs .
Guess what I got???
A Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my first pharaoh's hoard pack, I got a tapestry to the oasis!
Today.. Even better!!!!

Buying pharaoh's hoard packs and thought "this will be my last time no mount for me". I bought one and I got the mount I was going for!!! Oh, and also (this I can not believe and I witnessed it) on my first keepers lore pack I got the keeper of the flame!! My FIRST PACK!!! And I really wanted this spell!!!!
Molly 59
Savannah 8
Destiny 8

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
i was lucky cause when the Shanam's lore pack was new i got the Leaf Foot pet on the first try

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
This is extremely lucky...

Ok, so first time playing in 4 years, set up a new account, make a wizard, go to Unicorn Way. First quest, defeat lost souls. So first duel in 4 years. Against a lost soul, the easiest enemy out there. After the battle... "Ok let's see what he dropped... Hat, not wearing that... Huh? Woah! A broomstick? First duel easy as ever and I get a Broomstick? Woooooooaaah!" And I know you get a broomstick when you finish some quest a little later but then I had 2! I got a broomstick mount from a lost soul for my first duel! Awesome!

Another lucky thing was I defeated Nightshade first try and came out with like 500 health.

Happy Spellcasting!
- Isaac Goldenriver, level 22