Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-11-11

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
I would like a utility spell that converts an enemy "dome spell" to your own schools. ( i don't know what they are called )

ie. Convert ice balefrost +35% to all ice spells to wyldfire +35% to all fire spells

Or a spell that gives me control of the minion so I can cast those spells as well as my own. It would allow greater control of what/how the fights take place.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
i am not life but i have an idea for all life wizards out there a healing ward like guiding light but a ward not a charm :D

-joshuadragonflame legendary necromancer

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
i think ice should get a spell were you use the spell and it protects you from anything for one whole turn and you can only use it once or twice in a battle

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
I would like to see each school have a new blade that would act kinda like the dragonblade only 20 or 25 % damage, or a spell that has stun block for all friendly players

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I think there are enough blades and traps in the game right now, but I like the idea of spells that won't tip the balance of the game, but will add strategy.

One idea is a type of shield that can only be cast on your teammates and will shatter or disperse the next incoming attack damage equally to all members of your team. It would encourage more team play, and it might be as much of a disadvantage as an advantage. For instance, if someone used it in PvP, an enemy could pump up a big efreet or tempest to 15,000 and kill your whole team at once. If you needed to balance it a little better, maybe you could also make the spell have trap effect and increase the TOTAL damage done.

Another idea is another shield-type spell that doesn't change any of the damage that hits you. Instead, you still receive all of the damage, but a small percent of it also hits the enemy that cast it. So when a 1,000 point tempest hits me, as long as I don't die, the caster receives say 10% of the damage done at 100. Or the spell could be cast on your opponent so that they receive damage before their spell's damage goes through (like immolate). I would have to think twice about pumping up my efreet for a one-hit KO. It would add a little fun to boss battles and PvP.

Another fun one would be a spell that delayed the next spell cast by 1 turn. You could make it specify a spell type, but I think it should be allowed to be cast on either enemys or friends. That would make it really versitile in terms of your strategy. Do you want to mess with your enemy's moves, or is there something special you're planning with yours? I don't think the spell (when actually cast) should take the place of that turn though. That would just make it a stun spell.

One last one is a spell cast on an enemy that gives the next charm spell they cast to you. This would be different than the steal charm spell because there would be a element of timing added. This would be more of a PvP-usable spell.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
I think it would be really interesting if the balance school got a little bit of everything For example, only the Ice school has a block for drain healths. I think it would be really interesting the Balance school had that. I also think it would be interesting if the was a spell that made people airborne it would make it so that spells exept your own could not target you :D its animation would be the target would rise in the air

TristanSunBringer
lvl 30 Magus Sorcerer
Neophyte Gardener &
Appentice Crafter

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
what i think threr should have is how storm has wind storm and it gives traps to every one they should have one for every one or that with prisms

Explorer
Oct 08, 2009
eioofh wrote:
I would like ice to have a all buff or debuff(bladestorm, plague, smoke screen, etc.) One thing I have in mind is a tower shield to all friends. Like
-25% incoming to all friends.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice

you took the words right out of my mouth cause i want ice to have a tower shield to all friends that gives like -20% incoming. that would be beastly

Alex StarBreeze
Lvl 58
Ice

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
Hey this is Andrew Greenblood here. i'm a master in balance and i really think there should be a balance shield, and a balance trap. I hope that you are listening and hopeful put these spells in the game. Now see balance trap would add 10% damage for every pip you have to all balance spells, but it cant go higher then 50%. Where as balance shield would subtract 50% damage to all balance spells, and would take zero pips just like elemental shield or siritual shield. Thank you for listining and again i hope you put these spells in the game.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
I think fire should get a feaint sort of spell. Where you get three fire wards but 20% to your defense making your offense better but your defence in a disadvantage for about 1 pip. It should be given out to other wizards around level 35 or 40.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have two ideas:
1) I think the idea of a "Reflect" spell is interesting. The shield would look like a mirror and would reflect 10-30% of the enemies damage back on to the caster.
2) How about a split attack similar to the Minotaur, but for all schools? (Effectively it would add a third attack to Minotaur and Orthrus) The spell could be called "Two Handed Attack" and it would split the attack damage into 2 parts: the first part would benefit from charms and apply to traps and shields, while the second part would apply raw damage to the enemy. This attack would probably cost a pip or 2.

Thanks for listening! I love this game!!

Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi there again students! Another week has come and gone, and that means it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week we would like to talk spells. If you could add a new "utility" type spell to your class, what would it be? Please stick to simple buff and debuff type spells (Tower Shield, Feint, etc) - we're not talking flashy cinematics and big damage here. Looking forward to see what you have to say!

Have a spectacular weekend! It's supposed to warm up here a bit, which makes this Professor very happy - I'm ready for summer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zeke interrupting here! Please read Falmea's requirements. If you post a damage spell or something completely unrelated to her topic, it will not be approved.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe we could get those Lunar Shields and Solar Shields that Ptolemos and Mithraya has. Those ARE pretty awesome, and if they have them, we should have an opportunity to get them, too.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
1. i thing that there should be a -45 spell that lowers your spell. 2. I think that there should be a power pip move that does 300 health to the enemy and gives you 50 pips! Thanks, BlazeDaygarden.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
FurryIceCream wrote:
Spell Name: Body Guard

School: Ice

Description: Caster places a ward upon an ally to receive the next physical (not lifesteal) damage that the target receives. Resistance of the caster will be applied when calculating the received damage.

**Or, for a balanced alternative, the ward will transfer 75% of the next incoming damage to the Caster (reduced by Caster's resistances), while the target receives the remaining 25% (reduced by target's resistances).**

Cost: 2 or 3 Pips.

--KBB

This but maybe not as high of a % or make it an X pip that takes 10% per pip used in the casting

fire-
burning shield (ward) (15% of next incoming attack is also done to the attacker)

storm-
pass the buck (takes negative charm off caster and pushes it onto target)

balance-
Time shift (reverses turn order)
forced shuffle (causes target to reshuffle their hand and draw a new hand)

life-
Soothing balm (removes DOT spell)**(credit: bravevline page 3)

death-
True vampire (charm) inverted guiding light boost to vampiric ability
** (mentioned several places)

myth-
Boots of Hermes: (ward)Causes target to dodge next Area Attack (ie 100% shield for AOE only)
Return to sender (take negative ward off caster and push onto target)

I tried not to be overpowering with these ideas nor to steal any unique qualities away from other schools while staying with the general concept of the schools the spells are listed for.

on a side note an idea for wild bolt tweak : instead of making it do random damage or have low accuracy that is easy to overcome, why not make it a true WILD bolt. Give it its original power and have it randomly pick its own target from anyone in the battle including the caster.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2009
I think all schools should have a card that keeps your pips if another player kills your target , and at least one X spell.

Safe Guard pips 0

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Fire - 1 Pip, FireStorm +25% to next attack on all enemies
Ice - 1 Pip, SnowStorm +30% to next attack on all enemies
Storm - 2 Pip, Tornado= Cleanse all charms on 1 enemy
Death - 2 Pip, Feintly= 3x50% next 3 attacks and 40% to self
Balance - 1 Pip, Protego= 3x25% tower shields
Life - 2 Pip, LifeForce= +35% to all life attacks
Myth - 1 Pip, DoubleShot= Combine with Prism or Trap = Places 2 prisms, or traps

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
I think that there should be a -50 balance shield and a -60 fire? P.S they both should be in the fire school. Thanks Blaze Day Garden :D

Survivor
May 15, 2009
Strike:Type Myth
Sacrifice 1 shield to steal 2 buffs
1 pip
I hope this will get on the game

FlintIronBlade Myth Student Level 46
Some call me a myth. Some call me a lie. Which do you beleive?

Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I would say that myth should get a double myth trap to apply damage to spells like minotaur and orthrus that hit twice.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Well, my main school is Ice. So I was thinking of the following:

1.) Ice: Decay- Does 672 over 3 rounds and gives you 3 tower shields

2.) Fire: Dragon Breath- Stuns enemy for 2 rounds and does 500 damage

3.)Myth: Siren- Stuns for 3 rounds while draining life (597)

4.)Life: Morning Dew- Heals all allies 580 + 690 over 3 rounds

5.) Balance: Sphinx- Does 582 damage and provides as barrier (-25% for 3 rounds)

6.)Death: Gloom- Stuns enemy and drains life of enemy and give you back health (564)

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
cover-all, mutate spell for all schools, costs zero pips to use. one per player, per fight. non-fizzling.
a mutate shield, trap or blade spell, for any school. the use of this spell would change any school shield, trap or blade into a common shield, trap or blade for all.
when cast on a school's trap and cast, it gives the oppenents a trap equivilent to the school trap,
when cast on a school's blade and cast, it gives everyone a blade equivilent to the school blade,
when cast on a school's shield and cast, it gives everyone a shield equivilent to the school shield.
the spell can be used one time per fight by one player on one trap, shield or blade. then the possibility of chaining the spell would not exist.
the spell would be obtained through a school quest, a single. would not charge any pips to use just as any mutate spell. and the traps, shields and blades would be generic use for all schools to use.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
I would like every school in the game have a -75% to next balance spell. I am a storm wizard and every time i must face a balance monster i always die because the only 2 balance spells I can shield myself against are spectral blast, and hydra.

Nicholas Hex
Level 60 Storm wizard

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
This kinda applies to all schools, but I think we need a double (or even triple) trap for those spells that do two sets of damage. For example, in Myth there's Minotaur, which does 50 damage and then 445 damage. But to trap BOTH damagess, I have to put up TWO of the same trap. It would be easier if we had a spell that put up two traps when you cast it, so we don''t have to search for more traps.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2010