Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 2-11-11

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Something I have yet to see are buffs like:

+500/1000/##% to health. Will not simply increase cap, but also health available. You could make it temporary, or permanent, for the duration of the duel. Could be somewhat like an X pip spell, or 2/4/6, etc. Considering this buff more as a form of support, I say this would do nicely for balance or life, or perhaps the new magic school.

For Myth, as minion users. A buff spell for minions that would double it's health. A 4-pip Cyclops minion would end up with 1,500 health with the buff. Another buff I have in mind is a buff that allows minions to cast higher rank spells by 1/2 levels. The impression I received from Myth was that it was a class that specialized in utilizing minions. Well, Dragonspyre and up, minions become inefficient, and downright impractical to use. (Except for the living puppet.)

A very good idea is the buff where you are allowed to cast your secondary magic (any magic you may have) using the power pips you would normally gain. Or perhaps limit it to any magic up to rank 4.

As for debuffs, there could be a Cost up debuff that requires the caster to spend 2 extra pips in order to cast a certain spell. Conversely, a buff for players could be a Cost Down buff.

Then there could be another type of buff that would increase accuracy rate to maximum if a player spent 2 extra pips on it. Or, add +##% damage at the cost of 2 extra pips.

These are merely ideas, and the exact mechanics I leave to you guys, since you have to determine, in the end, what you consider balanced or not.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2010
As I see it there are probably a few spells that would be great to be added and I will give supporting reasoning behind it.

Health Buff - temporary gives you life (not healing unless you are below max health) for the duration of the battle or until depleted (whichever comes first). Reasoning for this is that Celestia is the first of five new worlds. I imagine the cap for crits and blocks will be about 20% for each world. If a crit does double damage and it isn't blocked then you could be easily one shot one kill. Variations of this spell could exist for different wizard types.

Improved minion spells - a better version of the minion spells. Nothing wrong with them healing and buffing more and less attacking. Support role would be better appreciated. Too many low minions not only become cannon fodder quickly at higher levels but they tend to be fairly worthless when attacking.

Star, Sun, Moon on others - easy to just allow us to cast any of those spells on the rest of our team. We are usually able to shield and buff our team members with any spell other then the new ones from Celestia. Seems like it would come in handy.

3 shield spells - normal shield spells vs. an element are great until they pull a DoT on you from that element. The DoT eats the first shield and then you have 2 -3 more attacks at full strength on you. A shield spell (costing more then 0 pips) would be great if it put three shields on you. Just makes sense to have something to counter any spells out in the game. This could even last like the star spells do and have a sphere it places over you with a counter.

Improved group heal spell - Life has Unicorn and Rebirth spells already but I think a more powerful healing only spell for a group heal would be great. It doesn't need to add a Spirit Armor. Just plain healing. When a life wizard is trying to heal the whole party it is difficult to do a lot of healing (say in Celestia) without crit healing or healing one party member at a time. Something that has a base of more then 650 group heal would be nice.

Group Prism - Each school currently has a prism spell to reverse the school (except balance). But the spell has to be cast on one target. If one spell could do four that would be great. With every school now having area damage spells it only makes sense to see a area prism spell.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
I have been playing for app. six months now my main being balance. I have to agree with who ever made suggestion in beginning...Iv seen it a couple times...A storm shield because of their low health. They really do get the short end of the stick! I am a warlord pvp player with a score of 1080. I rarely lose to storm! only way I start second and my cards are flat not being nice. so it dont happen often! Im getting off subject what I wanted was to add about shield is it should be made storm only! Storm needs it most why if all get it shield it no longer is helping a school who has just flat gotten a raw deal. thanks

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
After reading alot of posts from other people i had a few ideas. I would love to see death get a stun or an attack that leaves a life sapping spell over time kind of like spritley but in reverse were it steals life for us overtime or an attack that lets us heal us and our teamates at the same time beside beguile and our mixed traps like feint and curse were kinda usless in group pvp thanx.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
"Utility" spell,

I am a student of Balance and a spell that would equal out all opponents during a boss fight would sure come in handy. But should be disabled during a PvP match because something of that magnitude would be highly unfair.

The name of the spell, if I were naming it, should be "Balance Factor" and you could only use this card after you've gained eight pips during a single battle. And it can only be used with a special staff.

In order to acquire this staff it must be given to you from a teacher that would send you on a very long adventure into each realm into places that may or may not have been seen. Where at the end of your journey you get the Balance Factor card.

What Balance Factor does is take the amount of each opponent and equal it to the opponent with the lowest amount of health at the beginning of the fight.
(EXAMPLE) The boss has 8000 and the others have 1050 . The card would act as a shield around the opponents that lowers the boss's health level to 1050, but, and heres the tricky part, you must defeat the boss because you only have a limited amount of time before the boss's health goes back up and you must try again.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
how about a MANA buff
lasting 3 to 5 rounds costing 3 to 5 pips

and as it nears the end of the buff u get less mana per round.

it would save on realm jumping cause of not finding mana orbs to regain mana cause of to many people playing n looking for it.also would help lower levels an higher levels when u run out of potion bottles in a dungeon or fight.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2011
really here are the things i wish for:

1.a shield that allows you to take 1050 to you and another friend and it would be called defensive shield. :D

2. a shield that gives you 70% off to next hit called help shield

3. a shield that would take 2 pips off of attack but you can only cast the spell in your class called pip away

4.a card that transfers 1 of your pips for 3 of you enemy pips called trade pips

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Noah Duskblood lvl 60 legendary balance :-) :)

Why can't there be 75% resist shields for all schools except ice cause ice already has a tower shield and really good resist. Btw i got more ideas here are they: A 90% feint for storm, balance, life and myth. A stun shield breaker. And a all life back spell.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
I would like to see buffs attached to pets. This would be a spell - in this post I will call it a "link pet" spell. Each pet would be given a buff(s) to certain spells. For life, lets look at the simple example of the Imp. If you have an imp for a pet, and then cast the "Link Pet" spell, your next Imp spell will deal greater damage. If you have a Unicorn, your next group heal will provide a greater heal. I would have this be a 0 pip spell which would bring it in line with other, comparable buff spells.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Myth really needs a double-trap spell. For two pips, have a spell that places two +20% damage traps on one enemy. The spell could be called "Medusa's Wrath."

For Life, please let us have the damage bubble that comes with the Brown Spider pet. Three pips to cast and it boosts all life damage spells by 25%. If Water-matons in Celestia can get it ... why can't we?

For Balance, give us a spell to place a defensive shield on every player on our team. It would cost one pip, just like the +20% charm that can boost everyone's damage on their next spell. These shields would reduce incoming damage to one spell by -20%. Call the spell "Entrench."

Storm could really use a low-level healing spell such as Fire's "Link" spell. It would be great for minor healing. I envision it being called "Electric Charge." It would cost 2 pips and it would provide 450 healing at the expense of 20% less accuracy for the next three rounds.

Given that Death survives by stealing health from enemies, why not also give them the ability to steal pips? For 1 pip, they can cast a card that will steal up to three pips from an enemy. It could be called "Dampen Spirits."

Those are my ideas.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
For Death: A Target Player: that grows with them exponentionally, so that they can target another player to heal with Ghoul, Vampire, Wraith and Scarecrow
For Life: A buff that targets all group players with a shield opposite of highest number of mobs...ie: 3fire mobs, 1 balance, the shield would be a fire shield of 25%
For Myth: Duplicate Myth Blade
For Fire: Firestorm(Like Windstorm)

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
how about some variety on the convert spells(like convert ice damage to fire damage). Maybe convert Ice to Myth and other variations.

I think converts would also sometimes be good in the form of a blade instead of a trap, for dots.

Possibly a convert any damage types to a specific damage(like convert any damage to life damage) type as a shield if you cast on yourself or a trap on an enemy. These could be used defensively or offensively and ad a bit of strategy to pvp(please no convert any damage to balance though).

Maybe make a sun card that adds a pip cost to shields or blades, but make them hit your whole team. Or a sun card that increases blade damage/shield protection by 10%. Or a line of sun spells for healing.

Sun spells that increase minions levels.

AOE versions of cleanse charm, cleanse trap and pierce.

How about some crit shields, similar stun shield.

these are my ideas, thx for reading

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
This is a simply one, I would really like to have a spell that casts a prism on each enemy, like storm has the spell that casts a trap on each enemy.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I am a legendary pyromancer. I would like to see a spell for all schools that enables the wizard to change a polymorphed player back to normal it would be called switch back and would cost like four pips.

I would also like to see a spell for fire that enables the wizard to remove and traps or debuffs from themselves it would be called fire escape and would cost three tips.

thanks for hearing my ideas

Nicholas DayGrove

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
I would like to see a death spell that adds an extra 10% attack per pip.

Survivor
May 20, 2010
Boxer3467 wrote:
here are some ideas for all seven schools:

Balance (my school): 1 pip cost; Towerstorm (gives all four players tower shields that resist 60% damage)

Death: 3 pip cost; Grudge (If player is attacked in 1 round, attacked player gets a death charm for 70% damage)

Life: 4 pip cost; Life's Wish (gives all four players absorb shields that absorb 500 damage)

Ice: 1 pip cost; Frosty Relief (gives a tower shield to selected player that resists 90% damage)

Myth: X pip cost; Giant Trap (puts trap on selected opponet for 10% damage per pip)

Fire: 2 pip cost; Fire Wave (puts fire type aura on all four opponets for 300 damage over three rounds)

Storm: 5 pip cost; Stormblast (puts storm charm for all four players for 50% damage and puts storm trap on all four opponets for 50% damage)

Shouls Ice give towers too your team Balance isnt really thst type since i got my own balance ( me warlord 8) )

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I think life need some kind of better Blade or buff. seriously cause we got new spells from celestia and in 1v1 pvp for example. we are still using centaur. i find that highly unfair because other schools get stronger spells. and here is the worst part, they complain that we have so much life. its really hard to complain that we have so much life if they can hit us in one turn. for Life to hit beat them in one turn, we have to trap and blade a lot. please really consider this. life isnt doing so hot. :? :? :?

Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi there again students! Another week has come and gone, and that means it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week we would like to talk spells. If you could add a new "utility" type spell to your class, what would it be? Please stick to simple buff and debuff type spells (Tower Shield, Feint, etc) - we're not talking flashy cinematics and big damage here. Looking forward to see what you have to say!

Have a spectacular weekend! It's supposed to warm up here a bit, which makes this Professor very happy - I'm ready for summer!

I have several ideas:

1. I think that there should be a double (or perhaps even triple) charm and ward cleanser for those pesky balance triple threat spells.

2. I think it would be absolutely awesome to have a new astral spell which I'll just call "power tap". This would be a charm spell that would work kind of like precision, but it allows you to cast the next spell using power pips regardless of the school associated with the spell. I think it should cost 1 pip.

3. A defensive prism to convert incoming attacks from your opposite school to your own school.

4. A prism charm to convert damage type at the source instead of destination.

5. An additional school prism to convert to a different triangle, (or in the case of myth and storm, the same triangle)

i would like to see a convert in myth to all enemies i have five wizards so far and i think myth needs a little help

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
I think you should make a shield for all classes that takes out10% of health and gives you a 90% tower shield. It would be like a death spell except for all schools.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
I think each school needs something.
Ice: How about a spell after Marleybone? Anything is good, but they got short ended there.
Storm: Could use a DoT attack.
Fire: Maybe a DoT that lasts longer than 3 rounds, but does weaker damage.
Myth: Uses a lot of double attacks, a triple attack would be amazing.
Life: Could use an AoE earlier on, or perhaps something like steal charm or steal ward.
Death: Could use like a DoT that steals health.
Balance: Needs a convert, or a balance shield. Balance dispel was added, so lets have Sabrina GreenStar teach us balance shield or a convert for balance, when it fights balance bosses. The school also needs a DoT attack.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I am a Fire Wizard and I would like to see a Valcano Spell, Me and my friend want that spell That can put Fire Blades on you and Fire Traps on enemys :D I would like that. I am level 60 and My Wizards name is Emily MoonFountain, I am a rank 4 gardener, AND I was also wanting a new world like it being a World with the gods :O Like Zeus, Hades, Posidon. That would be SO Fun! Please make my Idea's me and my friends have been wanting that! :) 8) :D

Survivor
Apr 21, 2010
My spell is called Resistance. It storm spell and would up your resistance to all elements. Cause storm got horrid health and defenses.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
i want a buff to balance which improves damage to balance, fire, ice and storm for 40% scince balance blade only buffs 25% and other classes get 40% buffs

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
For death I think an area of affect spell would be good, such as +25% to all death spells. Death is very weak since the level 58 spells got put into place, as skeletal dragon is by far the weakest of those additions. Perhaps a "cleanse weakness" to take off one negative blade would be nice as well, weakness spells disproportionately affect death wizards since we use a lot of buffs. Either of these ideas would be very useful to me as a death wizard. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Cassandra, Legendary Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
With my main being a life i would like to see an absorb that takes on more than 400 damage. Once you get to Celestia people are doing multiple thousands of damage and i wouldnt think a 3 pip 400 damage obsorb would be as effective in later worlds as it was in the earlier worlds.

P.S. just as a side note i keep hearing storm and fire complaining about accuracy....well...you guys arnt ment to be accurate :x you guys deal way! to much damage to have a super high accuracy rate it would unbalance the game.

Wolf Lifebreaker