Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rarest Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
schooling1 wrote:
The rarest pet is the Sheep since it was staff only. But the rarest hybrid of all is Grove unicorn(Gold Unicorn) which is from a FOG unicorn and any other pet. Though FOG unicorn is quite rare since i dont think the code is available anymore. But yes all three are pretty rare

what does staff mean?

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
TheTrueRonan31173 wrote:
After the advanced pet update pixie had no card (smogger drop.)
Hardest pet: Tell me: who here has seen the elusive danger hound, or storm beetle? oh, almost forgot: how about the fire bats?
thought so. these are all gifts for major bugs, much like the unstable ones we've been having i hope :D
-Ronan
Oh, almost forgot to mention: i never see one pet. you know what pet that is? myth ghoul. it's not a drop i don't think, but good luck finding someone with one.

i got a storm beetle it was 101 crowns. its a retiered pet now, a rain beetle is a hybrid of a storm beetle and a dragon or something

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
Sheep, Death Scarab, Pioneer/Friendly Dragons, Stormm Beetle, and Danger hound are no doubt the rarest pets in game

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
I was reading through this thread and noticed that a few of the so called rare pets are running around my castle as feral pets

I am Myth so I have both Myth school pets
Drop pets worthy of mention I have a Life and death Banshees, Death bat, life and death beetles
Card pack pets, a red frost dragon level 63 ped. (still a baby)
Nightmare level 60 (epich) my fav.

I bread my Orthus with my friends Wraith, I got a Grimm tooth and she got
a Nightwalker, it no longer gives a death Monitor card

as someone else stated rare can be a matter of opinion

Explorer
May 17, 2009

mskrbec wrote:
The rarest pet is the death bat it is dropped by Kagemoosha Tree of Life Mooshu ( he is the first form of the death oni ) it takes 17 hours to hatch gives death bat card i currently just got it

Hi, I get tons of pets, rare common ultra rare and all. I hatched a death bat yesterday and it is pretty cool. I am avalibe to hatch whenever

Jack thunderrunner lvl 70
Kane soulhorn Lvl 50
Valdus earthblade lvl 27
Jacob sword lvl 20

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
woot000 wrote:
superron1299 wrote:
The Stray Piggle
How? You get it as your first pet(unless you get it from shared bank) and you can buy it at the pet shop in the shopping district!

They are kidding!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
I'd think a snow bird(ice bird) or a storm bird is rare but storm bird i was farming for gear on raven hoard packs and i got 2 snowbirds(rare) and 1 storm bird (ultra rare)(no it is no lie!) and storm bird gives the storm bird spell at anceint(sorry for spelling ) so id say storm bird ! 8)

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:
what about the rumor that you can get a scarcrow pet from the silver chests? If it is true, it should be fairly rare.

Scarecrow pet does not exist.

Scarecrow does too exist! It is a Death school only pet, though.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
i say the ice bat would be the rarest pet since you never see anyone with one but i have no idea how i ended up with one

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
the rarest pet is fog unicorn /earth walker/Minotaur/and the sheep that the KI employes get.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
noe99664 wrote:
the rarest pet is fog unicorn /earth walker/Minotaur/and the sheep that the KI employes get.

I would think that its: Danger Hounds and Ghost Hounds. You need a Danger Hounds to get a Ghost Hound and since Danger Hounds are discontinued its very hard to get Ghost Hounds (i know because i collect Hounds and am looking for a Ghost Hound) and IMPOSSIBLE (literally) to get a Danger Hound. Earth Walker isn't rare you can by it in the crown shop. Minotaur sort of. Your right about Fog Unicorn have seen one of those in ages.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
noe99664 wrote:

I agree with the FOG Unicorn. The Earth Walker you can buy at any pet shop. And I have at least 10 Minotaurs from farming Youkai. I totally agree with the Sheep pet because only the staff gets it and I have only seen one before.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
samer44 wrote:
schooling1 wrote:
The rarest pet is the Sheep since it was staff only. But the rarest hybrid of all is Grove unicorn(Gold Unicorn) which is from a FOG unicorn and any other pet. Though FOG unicorn is quite rare since i dont think the code is available anymore. But yes all three are pretty rare

what does staff mean?

Staff means the leaders (ex. Professor Greyrose, Headmaster Ambrose, Professor Falmea) of this site. And any other forums in general that has forum leaders such as Admins, Moderators, etc.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
fire2225010 wrote:
noe99664 wrote:

I would think that its: Danger Hounds and Ghost Hounds. You need a Danger Hounds to get a Ghost Hound and since Danger Hounds are discontinued its very hard to get Ghost Hounds (i know because i collect Hounds and am looking for a Ghost Hound) and IMPOSSIBLE (literally) to get a Danger Hound. Earth Walker isn't rare you can by it in the crown shop. Minotaur sort of. Your right about Fog Unicorn have seen one of those in ages.

Just an FYI, the ghost hound was released as a 1st generation pet in the nightmare hoard pack, that's how i got mine.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
ggggggggggg11 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:
what about the rumor that you can get a scarcrow pet from the silver chests? If it is true, it should be fairly rare.

Actually, the scarecrow pet does exist. I've seen it.

Scarecrow does exist, I have it. It is a death school pet that is given too you, though i dont know if you can get it from a silver chest also or not

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
the rarest pet isnt the seraph because i got one from the sea lord in plaza of conquests. the rarest pet is frost hound i've been farming for it for three months so i went to the hatchery and spent 89,456 gold on it

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I'm looking at all the answers and im quite surprised, half of them I have not even heard of! But I recognize a few that i don't think are "rare"

Storm beetle: I see them every day lol, i also tried hatching a storm beetle (not my pet, a friends pet) with my firezilla and i costed 34,000 gold I dont have that kind of money lol

Firezilla: I got it from a game card at best buy lol.

the rest I dont know what they are lol

but, I was wondering if an azure dragon is rare? I have 2 and I hardly see any in game :?

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
superron1299 wrote:
The Stray Piggle
The Stray Piggle is not rare. Every player gets one when talking to Milo Barker for the first time.

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
ggggggggggg11 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:

Actually, the scarecrow pet does exist. I've seen it.
Yes it does

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
I'd hardly call fog unicorn rare, either. Nor all that good of a pet in itself, for other schools. I have a baby one; think I won it playing Sorcery Stones a few months ago, but not sure about that.

Does anyone know of a hybrid involving any of the green cyclopses? There's six first generation pets in that group, and I have yet to hear of a single hybrid from them or which looks like them.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
superron1299 wrote:
The Stray Piggle

Sure, it's not like EVERY memership wizard gets one of those. Nope, no one get one of them. 8)

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Actually, I think that the question here is, what defines a rare pet? For me it is a pure-bred (or in other people's terms first generation pets) that is only available as a pet drop from a difficult boss, or from an extinct code. Once you hatch a "rare" pet, I don't think it would qualify as rare anymore because the status of the of the original pet isn't there any more. For example, I have a pure-bred minotaur (that has at least three offspring) I also have a Summer dragon, and a death bat. I believe that they should be qualified as rare. An ithian spector I would not consider rare because you can buy it, however expensive it is.

Now pet hybrids are a different story that I'm not going to stick my nose in. But they can get pretty messy! I have a frost-caller (a combo of satyr and colossus) and it has a fire ability!

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
Lapisblaze wrote:
Sumoac8m4 wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:

yes, scarecrow pet actually does exist. I see it fairly often so idk why you think it doesn't exist

In case you didnt notice, angelocean's post was in FEBRUARY!!!!
Scarecrow pet DIDN'T exist THEN. it does NOW!

On topic i think the ki free game 15 tier is the rarest CODE pet
Seraph hands down rarest pet dropped
Stray piggle is the rarest equipped lol
Sheep = rarest promo pet

well febuary does change a lot of things lol.But i think one of rares is ice bird i only seen one person who has it (plus me) but it not rarest.But there really a SHEEP!

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
i think the helephant hybrids are indeed the rarest pet in the game first of all most wizards have not seen them and some people were known to hate the hybrids but i dont worry though its their opinion i also got a death oni yesterday from my first hatch with a wraith :-)

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:

Actually it is real it's the lvl 58 death pet. You get it from completing WT (wintertusk). . and if you can get the scarecrow pet from the silver chests that would be Awesome!