Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rarest Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
I know someone with a sheep pet.....but besides that i'd say boar knight or pianeer (please excuse my horrible spelling) dragon. I got both i got the boar knight from a promoitional email around thanksgiving of last year and the dragon for beta testing.
Scarlet DeathPetal
Archmage Theurgist
One in a Million

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
I think it's the Ice Hound. I hardly ever see them, and I've been playing for a while.

Pet hatching tip: you can get an Ice Hound by hatching the ice orthrus and a snake in a basket.

At least, that's how I got mine :D

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
hellboy315 wrote:
Rarest pet = Pixie Queen (57 pedigree + fairy card). Drops from Smogger. Chance of getting it is like 0.1%.
I believe what someone else said about only 3 people having frost hound. Let me know if someone else has it...

my friend has it :?

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
I would have to say the clockwork spider, I think it drops in Kenignston Park in mb

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:
what about the rumor that you can get a scarcrow pet from the silver chests? If it is true, it should be fairly rare.

Scarecrow pet does not exist.

Scarecrow pet does exist. It is the death lvl 58 or48 pet quest.

Cole Dunerunner Archmage Sorcerer

Survivor
Aug 11, 2010
7starfairy wrote:
saraph

i got 4 sephrahs from the hoard of the dragon pack... not really rare if you ask me

Explorer
May 27, 2012
The Stray Piggle is just common. When you do the quest for the Pet Pavilion, everyone gets it when they open the box.

Second Rarest: GREEN MANDER PET! One person has it, only one, and I have seen it in the pet derby many times. His name was Mark Duskhorn, with the green mander named Muffin. I raced him using my dragon and lost to him.

The rarest pets: HANDS DOWN! Is the.........Pale Maiden. It sold in the crown shop for only one day, and vanished along with the Red Gobbler the next day. They were replaced by Wolfhound and the IANTHINE SPECTRE!

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
I have a life bat and few others do is that rare.
Also, I have a ancient orthrus if any would like to hatch I will be on at around 10 am eastern time in the wu realm.
Sloan Windthistle

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Angelocean wrote:
Rarest pet drop is hands down the Seraph.

If your curious at the rarest hybrid, it's the Frost Hound (the 2 headed version of Orthrus + Collosus hybrid).

Rarest pet overall is the Sheep, only a handful of people selected by KI got one.

true but most of the pets that ki gave out when it was beta as i would say its the nightmare hands down it my thought though so

wolfduskblade magus pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
louer1 wrote:
hands down no doubt any hybrid skeletal dragon just laying it down I: never seen one ever

um if ya got spare time there a ton in the hatchery and just sayin but there are some people like death just dont want to bring them out when they want to hatch they get picky about wt pets they hatch with my idc wt pet i hatch with

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Angelocean wrote:
zebulous wrote:
what about the rumor that you can get a scarcrow pet from the silver chests? If it is true, it should be fairly rare.

Scarecrow pet does not exist.

dude srsly they do i have seen them look at higher lvl death schools sry bout that

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
hellboy315 wrote:
Rarest pet = Pixie Queen (57 pedigree + fairy card). Drops from Smogger. Chance of getting it is like 0.1%.
I believe what someone else said about only 3 people having frost hound. Let me know if someone else has it...

me got it from crowns pack dont rememberwitch one though

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Definatley the Wizard guy in Dragonspyre that you get for beating the kraken in Plaza of conquests.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
A pet isnt really rare if you have it like the sea dragon etc. Personally I think that the sheep is the most rare. I once saw one when I was in ravenwood coming out of the dorm. Thats the only time I have seen it and I have seen about 85% of the pets in the game.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
FrostyXD32 wrote:
I've been trying to get a Ice Hound the one header that gives ice-hound at epic i have hatched with and orthrus with my collossus about 12 times and have only gotten a collossus back but my friend has gotten 5 Frost hounds and i have not even gotten those so i am windering if Ice hound is even possible to get from a Orthrus Collossus Hybrid... Let me know.
Try looking for someone that already hatched it. But I reccomend trying to get Magma Collosus Lokks just like the warlord pet

Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
louer1 on Feb 5, 2011 wrote:
hands down no doubt any hybrid skeletal dragon just laying it down I: never seen one ever

i saw like 24 they so pop almost all of my friends that are over lvl 70 got one

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
ibeamazing101 wrote:
oh wait i found another that might be rare its called a zombie it is dropped by a secret boss in hall of valor i was farming for it yesterday
it looks like grubb and i have never seen anyone with it my freind told me about it while we where doing sunken city again and one thing led to another and now we are 24/7 farming that thing
lol I got that pet on my first try (what I REALLY want from that dungeon is the yardbird housing item...) But the rarest pet (aside from the pioneer dragon -beta testers only (i got the p101 beta eyepatch :D) and the sheep - only for super special people like KI employees or the central staff) is probably the first gen (not hatched) fire beetle or the storm beetle. Fire beetle is from KI free games (first gen- it is also a hybrid from a firecat and a storm beetle- leading to my the storm beetle), storm beetle was from the 1,000,000 player event for 101 crowns (which everyone was given free at the time lol) - I was there wish I got it :( - and a facebook event thingy I heard, but I dont have a facebook so oh well. Dropped pet? Not sure it depends on your luck. Like I said I got zombie first try but there are countless elusive pets out there. Good luck to everyone with farming for your dream pet! (for me it is fire beetle. I am fire and it is sooooo good...)

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
The Queen Spider (rare drop from the rogue DS spider keeper Yeva Spiderkeeper). I also got a Krokotillian, a rare pet drop from Meowiarty. The problem with the later is it looks like the Krok pet from the secret shop location in KT, so unless people look close (has a 52 versus 34 pedigree) they won't realize the difference.

Both have moderate talents for Ice and Balance wizards respectively. The Krokotillian got the Hexster talent, so he might see action. The Queen Spider, however, is very colorful and might get you looks in the Commons and/or Bazaar. But as I have no Ice Wizards, she's part of my Little Crystal Grove neighborhood at my DS Grand Palace home for my Storm Wizard.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
well the rarest pet ever has to be a seraph causei aint never seen 1 and i am a grandmaster

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kikinmax123 on Nov 4, 2012 wrote:
well the rarest pet ever has to be a seraph causei aint never seen 1 and i am a grandmaster
Hardly. The Seraph is a pet reward from one of the packs now. They are all over the spiral.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2011
yea its seraph. and i know where you can get it. you can get it from packs, a celestia boss,or from a seraph quest when yuor a lvl 80 life

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
must be triton for storm wizards. Or maybe efreet for fire wizards, I think triton is rarest for storm wizards and efreet to fire wizards. Cause i'm both

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
Rarest pet now would be the eyecarumba or eyecaromba. I don't relly know how it's spelled.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Let me just say (and i counted) i have 23 seraphs, so it is definitely not rare anymore
secondly, i think the rarest pet is a Basilisk
So little people are myth wizards now its sad
I saw no other myth wizard in Avalon but me and i was in almost every single crowded realm
Second rarest would be a hybrid Basilisk or Humongofrog