Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Item Requests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
SparkleTude on Oct 1, 2016 wrote:
Food bowls for the pets? They could go up to them and eat or something.

I feel sorry for the pets. They all flock around the wizard but get no pat or anything.
LoL That is so funny even though they are make believe they still react to us. It seems real some times. I thought I was the only one who thought that. (Smiles)

Survivor
Nov 22, 2014
It would be nice to have a way to put painting above fireplaces. The wall looks so empty above them.
Also the packed bookshelves like the ones you find in the wizard city dungeons.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I really like the Savannah Tree from Pirate101, it's a housing item. Also the Artwork tomes from Pirate are really cool. I also like the potion bottle type things in the Arcanum found in Baba Yaga and Qismah's rooms. They are really cool.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Lady Knight on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
LoL That is so funny even though they are make believe they still react to us. It seems real some times. I thought I was the only one who thought that. (Smiles)
Nope not alone in that :)

I feel bad I can't react back to them.

Kat: yes bookcases with books IN them would be nice :)

And in addition to hanging something on a wall above a fireplace how about on all hallways or corners or on the wall in a stairway.

Not a huge deal but would be nice.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I like the look of the tall autumn trees in Caer Lyon. (Tall with curved-looking trunks with red/yellow leaves).

Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
I think we need more items for sure, something I have always wanted was an item that can let you choose any item you see in the worlds and make it a furniture item. Sometimes I just fall in love with items at certain places and just need to have it but it is not a furniture item. Such as the cute little bridges in Mooshu, the cute green trees with a fence around them (idk what they are) at jade palace or the pink trees in Khrysalis (those are my favorite by far. An item that would look awesome in a house is the rainbow fountain in Avalon. I would also like to see some items we can place in the water maybe like some flowers or a rubber duck or maybe even a boat. I also really admire flowers and only some flowers we can actually place in our house. All the small details really hook people in if you know what I mean. We should also have a bit more better furniture items for kitchens or bathrooms. like packaged items (not actual businesses but like a bag of flour or a cookie jar with cookies in it)

Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
Items maybe could also have more of a magical twist to them like Harry Potter how everything just interacts with you . It would also be cool to have furniture more intractable like we can actually sit in our couches or benches or actually eat the food in our house (it doesnt get rid of the food it just does an animation of the players eating the food for looks and fun) or maybe a setting to pet your pets placed at your house.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
More choices of Wall Blocks to section off large castle rooms, The medieval and Avalon Blocks are great though the last one lacks a functioning door. I was thinking School themed or room themed (wood, Plaster, etc) something that could go naturally in each castle (w/functioning doors, either swing motion or magical), something that would work in the Red Barn would naturally work in the Sultan's Palace etc.

Also I would like Room Dividers like in Pirate 101, especially the Bunk Beds, Fish Tank, and kitchen galley (cooking fireplace w/pot), bookshelves, etc.

Large filled Bookcases, like the ones found in Wizard City and Wysteria homes.

I know it doesn't really go with the question but I would really love to be able to change the color of furniture items.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
1. MORE TREES, There is a very small amount of nice trees available in comparison to the ones you see around in game. If you guys where to make nature/flora packs i think it´d be a success. I´d love to see some general tree packs with a variety of trees/bushes/flowers. I´D LIKE MORE TREES THE SIZE OF THE LARGE WILLOW TREE. i find most (even the "large" ones) trees in Wizard101 too small. Even the large ones are only about 3-4 wizards in terms of height. It´d be nice to have more trees that size. SPECIALLY WINTER TREES.

2. I´d like to have a way to freeze the growing process of a plant so we can use their nice looks for decoration. I got so exited when gardening came out as i thought this would be a feature but i cant have plants without them rotting away and wasting my money. I strongly believe this could make all Wizard101 Gardens feel more alive.

3. BIG bookcases already filled with books.

4. i LOVE the idea of that globe that adds snow to the surrounding area as well as the Urn that generates a low fog. personally i think this was a great idea and great resource to add moods. i would love to see more items like this. IDEAS: a way bigger area of fog that doesn't seem have a source (much like the snow globe), Rain and magic (this one would be tricky as you have to create a physical idea of "magic" but it´d be cool to have something similar to the fog, maybe in smaller amounts and lets say...blue... so it can add a mysterious or magical feel to rooms.

5. This is not a suggestion but rather a suggestion NOT to add. i saw many people suggesting the idea of pet training stations and hatching stations. I PLEA for you guys not to do this as it will kill the pavilion.

6. More dynamic NPCs. Love the addtion of oracles in the immortal pack, i love how they move and how alive they make the house feel. More farmable/craftable/purchasable(by gold) PLEASE

Thanks, love housing, love this thread.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
A Portalable Ice Rink just like the Mooshu portable dueling ring. I want to live in the Ice School house but have an Ice rink as well!

Survivor
Aug 12, 2012
I've had this idea kind of scrambled in my head ever since Mirage came out. I LOVE the idea of how the NPC's seem to make the house more lively, but can we make it so that they can wander around for it could be even more lively? It could work similar to Bread crumbs. All you would have to do is place the 'Bread crumb' at the destination you want the NPC to go to, assign the NPC to the 'Bread crumb' and then presto! I know we can do this with Castle magic, but it just seems dull to see it just kinda scoot over with absolutely no walking animation.
Thank you for reading this!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2014
How about from the pigswick academy those shelves in the library dungeon. We could have a library room in houses.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2015
Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
I like some of the life furniture from Wisteria.

Allow fishing in the pond at Red Barn Farm. Maybe a small pier to fish from?

How about something like a county fair, where Wizards can bring their pets to show off? First prize earns a few crowns, ribbons, medals.

What about a "Flea Market", but where players can sell their stuff to other players instead of just the Bazaar? Someone might have a furniture item, gear or even fish for crafting recipes another player wants, and they can either barter for coins or other items?

Survivor
Dec 24, 2012
I believe that it would be really near to have an armor display such as a mannequin to put in your house.
that way, players can save their coolest looking armor sets and and show them off in their house!
Maybe you can edit the armor stand through the item placing menu, like how you can edit what music plays on the stereo.
I really think that this would be a super cool housing item.

Explorer
Sep 15, 2012
It's a little late for Christmas ideas, but I do have some good ones. Like allowing certain items to be Christmas light wrapped. Or have certain items that already have Christmas lights on them such as fake deer, fences, snowman outlines and maybe even some of the school symbols as stand outlines with dye-able lights. That could be fun having a Christmas theme housing decorating contest with cool prizes. Maybe even creating a new house for Christmas like a santa workshop or even a Baba Yaga Cabin with a Christmas theme that allows Christmas lights to be decorated on the outside of the house itself. Just some new thoughts for next year maybe.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
BIG plants would be nice, many of our houses have such tall roofs that all inside plants in pots seem to be so tiny..same for carpets.

What about new type of pets? They are nice, but in a way have little personality..I literally felt in love with Ozzy from Mirage. I would love having him around and yapping some silly things and annoy me..that would make my day :)

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
I have started decorating my characters' houses recently and thought of a couple things that could improve the decorating and add more to the game. First of all, I thought of more options for houses. I was decorating my house, which was a Winter Wind Tower. I wanted to make it school-themed, but the default rugs, drapes, and other already added items made it very difficult- and there is no way I would be able to alter it. I was thinking that maybe you could keep the default rugs, but there can be rug/runner items that would go over them like a floor? Also there should be drape options, and even window options. I liked the Avalon glass window items, so maybe you could use those to craft a big version that will cover the entire window? Another thing is the fires, I think that you should be able to craft potions that can change the color of the fire permanently until you change it. Thanks for reading!

P.S.

I am talking about adding this for every house, not just the Winter Wind Tower. I just used it as an example.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
During the telegraph quest when I went into Flamea's room with the ice things I liked the furniture there!

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
Dragonrider12403 on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
I have started decorating my characters' houses recently and thought of a couple things that could improve the decorating and add more to the game. First of all, I thought of more options for houses. I was decorating my house, which was a Winter Wind Tower. I wanted to make it school-themed, but the default rugs, drapes, and other already added items made it very difficult- and there is no way I would be able to alter it. I was thinking that maybe you could keep the default rugs, but there can be rug/runner items that would go over them like a floor? Also there should be drape options, and even window options. I liked the Avalon glass window items, so maybe you could use those to craft a big version that will cover the entire window? Another thing is the fires, I think that you should be able to craft potions that can change the color of the fire permanently until you change it. Thanks for reading!

P.S.

I am talking about adding this for every house, not just the Winter Wind Tower. I just used it as an example.
That is a great idea!

Defender
May 02, 2015
Copied from another thread of mine:

Housing magic TC needs:

1) Anything that uses numbers in increments of 250, 100, and 50 - we need smaller/smallest. We need "move 5 units east" and "move 1 unit east." We need the same for up and down.This would allow us to fine tune our homes in a way that isn't possible right now. The only thing that can be done as of now in terms of finer tuning is the "move object slightly towards me" command - an option that is both cumbersome and inefficient.

2)The same goes for angles. We need "turn 5 degrees" and "turn 1 degree" rotation capability.The houses you guys have really get under my skin. There are SO many places in a home that are just set up on some weird angle and because of that I can't place something that makes sense. Even with a change as fine tuned as 15 degrees I am STILL finding areas that aren't compatible with what I want to put there.

Ex: Try to put a door in the entrance to the bath house/bath area in the outside section of the Myth House. Can't be done. Period. What kind of angle was this built on???

3) I have posted about this a couple of times and nothing has been done about it. I have stitched wands where I needed the wand to be a different school displayed but for the wand to have the same look. But they will display 90 degrees to the left/clockwise. This bug has gone ignored despite my pleas. A new TC would fix the problem completely: This new TC would be a rotation specifically for wands that would rotate only the wand itself and not the school symbol behind it. this also lets people get creative in how they'd like to display their wands, A lot of these wands look better in profile than they do straight on.

4) A Pivot command: A TC that allows an objects angle to be changed on its latitude/y axis. Right now, we can only do that on its longitude/x axis.

5) All spell animations. We have such a small pool right now. Why not just give us the entire pool?

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Treasure Card Tome:

A tome of some sort/open book with an animation that makes it stick out

Allows the owner to trade for TC with players who are visiting the home

The owner would put in what they have to trade similarly to how gear is stored in the gear vault or music is put into the music players and also select what they would like to receive in return for their offer

Visitors could then interact with the housing item and see all of the trades that the owner has to offer and place in their offer then accept the trade, then the owner would be notified to accept the trade and then it would be finish.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Celestian Customizable Sign: Looks like some kind of Celestia-themed computer screen. Displays messages in some computer-ish font.

Explorer
Aug 09, 2014
More House Guests!
I don't know if this has already been said but I think it needs to be a thing. The new house guest housing items are really cool they really enhance the feel of your home. I've filled my Sultan's Palace with the house guests available from the faction vendors in Mirage and it really just completes the home. It would be awesome to be able to get these house guests from each world to add to the coinciding world themed house. Adding the faction vendors for each world would awesome but I'd an addition is welcome in any way. Gold or crowns.

Explorer
Feb 03, 2010
Chronoshard stand.

You can get it from bosses in Mirage, then if you get the piece of furniture that goes with it, the Chronoshard, you can insert it into the stand, and have maybe a short little boss fight? Like you could fight the past versions of the House Qhats.

I get that the drop would have to be really rare, maybe even only from the final boss, but I think this would be nice for people who've finished Mirage and want something to do for when their membership runs out. (Hey that kinda sounds like my situation! Funny how things work out.)