Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How would you do it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
I have a spell idea!

Fire:Fire Leopord
9 pips
900-1,000=DAT

The spell starts by seeing a curled up kitty in a forest. It turns it head and gets up. It's really a leopard with fire coming out of it's eyes.(Blades\traps) it swips it's claw on enemy, doing 900. Then it steps back and sorta does what the HeackHound does, and spits fire at the enemey. Then it looks around, and runs away.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
I do find some of the spells that are essentially copies with just the most minor of variations to be rather lame and uninspired. The same goes for having the same method/style of attack.

For example, the evil snowman ... very amusing twist on old Frosty. Kudos for that idea! However, the evil magma man, or electric snowman (storman), or sand man .... lame. All they are is a lazy rehash of the snowman. I know it takes more time to design something different, but it would look a heck of a lot better if their look differed more than just in coloration and if their attack styles differed.

For the magma man, make him less well formed -- like a wax mannequin that has been hit with some serious heat and so has melted somewhat (perhaps just a lump with eyes for a head on top of the shoulders ... no neck). Keep the current magma man colors but ditch the pipe, hat, and knife. For its attack, have it scoop up some lava, form it into a ball and throw it at its target.

For the storm man, make him out of ball lightning (like what you have inside the ribcage of the bone dragon mount). Again ditch the pipe, hat, and knife. For attack, have it summon a small storm cloud that zaps the target.

For the sandman, again, ditch the pipe, hat, and knife. Make it human in form but without well defined features ... rather like some of the really old statues one sees in some ancient sites or in old cemetaries in which all the sharp details have been worn away.

Storm snake verse fire snake, another rehash. Keep the storm snake as is. Retool the fire snake. Don't give it the storm snake's tail zapping attack. Have it breath fire/flames upon its target. Change its look to be different from the storm snake. Maybe go for a rattler look. This would make its appearance significantly different from both the storm snake and the frost snake.

Storm bats vs fire bats, yet another rehash. Keep the storm bats as is ... very cool attacks for them. Whereas the storm bats form a triangle and unleash their "shock ray", have the firebats spin in a circle at that position and release a concentrated stream of small fireballs. (**By the way, I do find it odd that there are no death school spells with bats. There is such a long tradition of associating the little guys with "things that go bump in the night".)

Ice wyvern vs fire wyvern ... *sigh* yet again. Ice wyvern, quite cool. Keep it as is. Make some real changes to the fire wyvern's look. Give it some of the blackened/burnt look the fire colossus has. Instead of the two horns of the ice wyvern, perhaps a set of short spikes running down the head and perhaps a backward curving one on each side of the chin. Remove or reduce the legs, ditch the mane. For attack, instead of the ice wyverns arctic wind scream, a locomotive boiler's bellowing of steam and ashes.

Storm shark verse fire shark vs ice shark ... *sigh*. Talk about cookie cutter critters. I can see where designing different attacks for each would be difficult here but at least change the shark bodies! Storm shark keep as is. Quite sweet that one. Fire shark, go with a hammerhead and change the dorsal fin! Makes no sense for the fire or ice sharks to have the jagged lightning edge to their fin. For the fire shark, perhaps make the fin sweep back and come to a point more like a flame. Ice shark, make it more transparent/glassy like an ice sculpture and make its body more angular ... more like it is faceted. Again change the dorsal fin.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Ice Angel change
I want to see the horse stepping on the opponent or trotting rather then the rider pointing a lamp at it.

Or:

Light dammage:
Current amimation

Heavy damage:
The horse charges and rams the opponent followed by a kick with a hoof.
Kick for stunn.
Ram for damage.

-VDC (Ice Wizard)
-JSR (Storm Wizard)
-J (Fire wizard)

Explorer
May 27, 2012
I mean, how about a more epic Centaur animation? I mean how about: A huge green tornado appears, and the centaur jumps out from it. He then aims it, and the arrow goes circling around the opponent, forms a green tornado like the beginning, and hits the opponent?

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I would change the fire collosus spell so that instead of rising in an ice cube and melting it, it would rise up in a block of stone and melt it into a pile of lava.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
cat4hurricane4 wrote:
I like your Apocalypse spell, but not really sure if their are going to take it, we already have a snow princess, but instead of healing the friends, it stuns the foes for one round. The other 2 im not so sure about
Well, I don't mean for it to be taken seriously, plus, the "Pegasus Unicorn" was a joke too, as if I was serious I'd use the word "Alicorn". And thanks for your feedback :).

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
maybe the frost giant can get the sheep to baa at the wizards lol

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
1) I think one of the things I'd change about animation is the attack all spells (mentioned before, I know). I LIKE the graphics, what I don't like is the length of time to cast. Let's take Storm Lord, he swings his HUGE hammer a few times, them smashes the opponent, then does the 2nd, 3rd and 4th... after all of that, he goes back and blows on them one at a time. Have him swing the hammer, hit once, give everybody damage at the same time (or at least animate it once then individually pop up the damage over their heads), blow on the team in a single motion, and have the stun come up on all of them (similar to the way Rebirth does - it heals all, then stays on the last person and then Spirit Armors everybody, but he doesn't go back to each one and do it individually). This would help speed up the game as well as keep the very nice graphics/animation you've created. Another spell like this is Rain of Fire, just blow the volcano top off the screen, and hit ALL enemies at the same time with the magma, then just add the over time damage icon to each.

2) Scald has NO graphics to it other than the over time icon. It should get a graphic. Even if something simple, perhaps have all the enemies engulfed in flames (again, at the same time, like a wall of fire to all), and then get the swirling "over time icon".

3) For variations of the same spell (fire bats, lightning bats, etc), don't just change the color scheme, make them different

That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll have more

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Death School Wraith:
Its an excellent animation, one of my favorites. But when the wraith turns around to give you health the tombstones should not flip around too.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
for earth walker make the earth walker grow up from roots in the groung then let him grow a club and throw it
:P

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
For the fire dragon spell I think that it could swipe at people with its claws to do the first 500 or so damage and then it lets out a jet of fire on every enemy at once to burn them. And for storm lord maybe it could throw it lighting bolt it holding at your opponent. And for Catalan, I love the cool beginning, but maybe it could also instead of just shooting lighting it could start flying then hover for a second then fly into your enemy.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
dayerider on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
1) I think one of the things I'd change about animation is the attack all spells (mentioned before, I know). I LIKE the graphics, what I don't like is the length of time to cast. Let's take Storm Lord, he swings his HUGE hammer a few times, them smashes the opponent, then does the 2nd, 3rd and 4th... after all of that, he goes back and blows on them one at a time. Have him swing the hammer, hit once, give everybody damage at the same time (or at least animate it once then individually pop up the damage over their heads), blow on the team in a single motion, and have the stun come up on all of them (similar to the way Rebirth does - it heals all, then stays on the last person and then Spirit Armors everybody, but he doesn't go back to each one and do it individually). This would help speed up the game as well as keep the very nice graphics/animation you've created. Another spell like this is Rain of Fire, just blow the volcano top off the screen, and hit ALL enemies at the same time with the magma, then just add the over time damage icon to each.

2) Scald has NO graphics to it other than the over time icon. It should get a graphic. Even if something simple, perhaps have all the enemies engulfed in flames (again, at the same time, like a wall of fire to all), and then get the swirling "over time icon".

3) For variations of the same spell (fire bats, lightning bats, etc), don't just change the color scheme, make them different

That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll have more
Yeah the AoE's definatley take to long. Same with some other spells also. Wish they could shorten this somehow. Its just terrible sitting there waiting for the spell to end.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
It would have been realy cool if the damage was calculated (but not displayed) early and then the size, magnitude, and duration of the animation was based on the damage that is about to be incured. Watching the animation would then impose a sense of dread as it played out.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
maybe (if you found it ) my devil idea , if you didn't find it the red creature starts by sitting on throne made of bones on a hill of skulls he walks down to selected target a red trident appears in his hand he points it at the target red wisps come out of the middle part and it does 3000 damage a 80+% better to any spell appears on target and tturns around and does 1000 healing to caster

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
one i would do for minitour is after he swings his ax he steps on the enemy

Survivor
Nov 05, 2012
The locust swarm animation is a bit strange, with the krok mouth spitting them out. I think it would be better if there was a hive with a symbol, maybe the balance symbol, on it. Then it drops and cracks sending the locusts toward you! Ahhh!

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Ice serpent should be able to shoot a snowball at you from far away.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Squirrel on Jun 9, 2008 wrote:

This is probably too time intensive, but worth mentioning.

I would love to see variations to the way the spell recipient reacts based on different amounts of damage.

For instance:
Light damage to a creature or player may make him shrug and flick an imaginary fly off his shoulder.

Small damage: A slight "windmilling arms" as if he was a little off balance.

Medium damage: Doubles over as if receiving a gut-punch.

Heavy: staggers backwards a few steps.

Very heavy: Knocked on his rear end, climbs back to his feet.

That is an awesome idea! this way i could judge how effective my attacks are on average lol

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
eakilian on Jun 7, 2008 wrote:
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!
The high level spell that features Frankenstien needs to be shortened. Battles at high levels take long enough with all the boosts that need to be done. Having high level spells that are more than a second or two in animated length makes those battles stretch far too long. Granted, the spells look cool... the first time you see them. Maybe even the first few times, but after that, all you want to do is not see them ever again.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
I'd love all the animations to be a little shorter :P sorry it's true. but seriously, i thing cyclops is overdone, even helephant is long. things like spectral blast are about right. i mean i already spend thirty seconds waiting for thaat troll to hard-pass so why should stormzilla make me wait more? (please do not take this to mean that i want less decision making time) so spells i think could go faster:

cyclops
ra (ladies, i know he's buff but he's slow ok?)
efreet a little?
orthrus, ugh i hate watching my life slowly get taken out by a two headed dog with an attitude (but man, he's cute!)
stormzilla
all other zillas (duh) :D
and many others too

-gab ashcaller

Survivor
Nov 11, 2011
How about the troll can throw troll faces and taunt the enemy?

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
eakilian on Jun 7, 2008 wrote:
Spell animation. How would you change any of the spell animations in the game? Or is there one you would like to add? Describe in detail. Let your imagination take over!
I think that there should be another life spell like the seraph, when cast on a player at first it seems like they are getting healed (they are lifting from the ground) then they start struggling. I absolutely love this animation and I think you should make more life spells like this

Survivor
Apr 14, 2013
Aquascaper on Jun 10, 2008 wrote:
Leprechaun
Show the varying damage through the amount of coins he throws. E.g. Weak damage he throws a few, Heavy damage he throws heaps and perhaps even the pot?!

Fairy

I like the scene the fire elf has, so i would apply a scene to the fairy - When cast the fairy appears sitting on the edge of a giant spotted mushroom. It then looks toward the caster, giggles and flies up to heal them.

Imp

Imps are tricksters and performers.

Weak damage: normal imp animation + appearance of two other imps which remain stationary near the caster, making booing sounds.

Average: normal imp animation.

Strong: normal imp animation + appearance of two imps that remain stationary, applauding and cheering.
the fairy idea is really great! instead of just flying in circles and healing it should do as the other player said, sitting on a mushroom then looks at the person to heal, giggles and flies up to heal them, but i would like to add that at the side there should be a couple more mushroms with out fairies and small tropical plants!

wolf silverheart