Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
leena8888 wrote:
has any one read the goddes girls series books it teen in greek myhth
I read those books

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Other ones I noticed are the NPCs Roger the Shrubber and The Knight of the Sacred Words. For they are references to a movie called Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Another is the Jabberwock, its from a story called Through the Looking Glass, which is somewhat similar to Alice in Wonderland.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
I suspect Olivia Dawnwillow might be a Buffy reference... or at least my brain reads her name as one (both Dawn and Willow had at least something magical about them, and Olivia was the name of Giles' once-upon-a-time girlfriend).

Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
Canny B Moone wrote:
Oooh! Gilgamesh!!!!! I would love to quest in ancient Sumeria. I want in on that storyline, if it ever comes to be. Sea monsters, eerie caverns, a great flood, epic adventures as we quest to save an ancient civilization...

Maybe we could get there from Sphinx Island, and the storyline could complete the mystery of Balance magic.

For that matter, we have yet to meet Apollo, Athena, and the rest of the Greek pantheon. So much material, so little time :)

qbb
if you want to meet apollo athena etc go to the aquila dungeon you fight them

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
1. Gordon Sumner, the MB snack vendor - That is Sting's real name. I believe he's mentioned again in Avalon as well.

2. The rainbow bridge in GH is from Norse mythology.

3. The doors of the dojos in MS look like cow faces.

4. The rough fireplace from GH looks like a bear face if you stand back a little bit.

Those last two may not be easter eggs, but they're interesting.

Morgon Moonstone

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
Malt22 on Jun 24, 2011 wrote:
All of Zeke's quests are rock n roll bands:

1. The Smiths- Popular British Indie rock band from the 80's
2. The Yardbirds- 1960's British Blues/R&B band with psychedelic leanings, featured three of rock's greatest guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Paige.
3. The Stray Cats- American 80's band from New York that led the rockabilly rivival of the time.
4. The Lounge Lizards- Another (fairly unknown) 80's band from New York that created "fake jazz with pop and avant-garde rock tendencies."
5. The Stone Roses- short lived British 80's/90's band that merged classic 60's psychedelic rock with an 80's dance beat. (These guys are great!)
6. Blue Oyster Cult- The very first band I personally fell in love with. Though still around today, this New York based thinking man's heavy metal band flourished during the 70's and 80's, having hits like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Godzilla"
7. The Troggs- 1960's Bristish Proto-punk band that was best known for it's song, "Wild Thing"
Don't forget the Beetles.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
crazblaster3 on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
Don't forget the Beetles.
And the Black Crows in Avalon and UFO in Azteca, both also bands.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
More Harry Potter References:

Bellatrix Lestrange: Morganthe

Professor Sprout: Moolinda Wu

Penny Dreadful: Neville

The Kid In Cyclops Lane: Malfoy

Survivor
May 10, 2011
One of the quests in azteca "Speaker for the dead" may be a reference to the enders game books

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I just ran into one in Khrysalis -- a blind mouse, with a band over his eyes, named Geordi, as in Star Trek.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Here are a few song ones from Khrysalis sorry in advance for forgetting the quest and area names.

When you fight the smoke elementals that are just past the celestial lake in the connected area

They say an altered version disco inferno. "burn baby burn bee hive inferno" or something like that

Then when you go to help a flying squirrel captured by bees the say "Despite all your rage you are still just a rat in a cage" which are lyrics from smashing pumpkins bullet with butterfly wings song

Also the mention of 100 years war reminded a lot of people of avatar last air bender or the real life hundred years war from high school history classes(i barely passed history so dont ask me about details on the second bit)

There are three blind mice that are servant to the bugs...unless i miscounted

also the name of the world is a phase that bugs go through when they grow. pretty sure its misspelled but whatever.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Sean Firesword on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
More Harry Potter References:

Bellatrix Lestrange: Morganthe

Professor Sprout: Moolinda Wu

Penny Dreadful: Neville

The Kid In Cyclops Lane: Malfoy
Not quite. Penny Dreadful is from the penny dreadful novels that were published British fiction novels in the 19 century.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Malt22 on Jun 24, 2011 wrote:
All of Zeke's quests are rock n roll bands:

1. The Smiths- Popular British Indie rock band from the 80's
2. The Yardbirds- 1960's British Blues/R&B band with psychedelic leanings, featured three of rock's greatest guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Paige.
3. The Stray Cats- American 80's band from New York that led the rockabilly rivival of the time.
4. The Lounge Lizards- Another (fairly unknown) 80's band from New York that created "fake jazz with pop and avant-garde rock tendencies."
5. The Stone Roses- short lived British 80's/90's band that merged classic 60's psychedelic rock with an 80's dance beat. (These guys are great!)
6. Blue Oyster Cult- The very first band I personally fell in love with. Though still around today, this New York based thinking man's heavy metal band flourished during the 70's and 80's, having hits like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Godzilla"
7. The Troggs- 1960's Bristish Proto-punk band that was best known for it's song, "Wild Thing"
i look up where to find the stray cats and i found nothing but rock n roll bands

Historian
May 06, 2009
I found a few Khrysalis Easter Eggs.

In Tyrian Gorge of Khrysalis, Actias Nightorb references an old band called the Scorpions. He repeats lines from their song "Rock You Like A Hurricane." Surprisingly, the first mobs of his tower are Scorpions. Isn't that fitting? I never really knew of the Scorpions, but his speech really gave it away.

Prospector Zeke's newest find-it quest "Oh Boy, Khrickets!" references a British band named the Crickets. The Khrickets even share a design similar to the Crickets' costumes. Also the quest uses the name of one of the bands songs "Oh, Boy!"

Also the Smoke Elements in the Honeymill of Moon Cliffs reference another song: Disco Inferno, by the Trammps. They said "Burn, baby, Burn! Honeymill Inferno! Burn, baby, burn! Burn it down!" Then in their defeat they said "I couldn't get enough. So I had to self-distruct!" I thought that was humorous.

Something about Stinger Bell seems familiar in the way he talks but I can't place my finger on it...

Anyway, I had no idea who these guys were before these references, but I think they're all fantastic! I think there are some Star Wars references, too. When we revive Dyvim Whitehart from his stat of stasis, he was trapped in an amber container similar to the ones the Jedi incased themselves in to sneak pass the Clones. I really enjoyed that one. I can't wait for the references in Part 2!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Oh! Spectres= Dementors. Not Lost Souls.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
saphirathedragon on May 7, 2011 wrote:
I think another one is the "Saving Private O'Ryan" quest. It obviously refers to "Saving Private Ryan", one of my favorite movies :-D

Anthony Ghosthunter, Legendary Theurgist
Gabriel Mythwraith, Adept Diviner

(I am quitting my subscrition until a new world comes out...)
This is by far my favorite easter egg because I am in love with the movie also just like you and I love any kind of movie that has warfare in it and that is based off of true stories like band of brothers.

Sarah SparkleCloud 95pet warlord
Tanner DeathBlade 48

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
AdrianeS on Jun 23, 2011 wrote:
There is a quest in Mooshu that is called "Et tu, Lili?" which is a reference to Shakespeare's Julius Caesar "Et tu, Brute?".

Almost every area in Marlebone exists (including Marlebone-Marylebone)
Zeke's quests are named after british bands :-D

Also, many areas in ds were real in ancient Rome.

There are sooo manyeaster eggs I can't even remember them all!
I am extremely surprised that I never noticed this quest name knowing that I have been a good latin student for 2 years

Sarah SparkleCloud 95 pet warlord
Tanner DeathBlade 48

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
I have never personaly noticed any easter eggs.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
I am probably not the only one that has noticed this but there are obviously so many different types of spoofs in the game ranging from spells to name of thing you need to collect/find in the game. lets see if people know some of them...

Sarah SparkleCloud 95 pet warlord
Tanner DeathBlade 48

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Eh I'm not too good at this but here it goes

Wizard of Oz quest in unicorn way, and the reward is ruby slippers That made me laugh

Felix navidad or whatever his name is = Feliz Navidad (Spanish for Merry Christmas)

The beetles in Krok, as in the actual Beetles band

Azteca as in the Aztec tribe that lived Long ago in North America.

That's all I got ...... I read some other things that I was gonna say lol

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Athena Battle Sight pronounces Apollos name with a y instead of an l. This is how you say the spanish word for chicken, and apollo is a chicken in the game.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
CamelTamer on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
Athena Battle Sight pronounces Apollos name with a y instead of an l. This is how you say the spanish word for chicken, and apollo is a chicken in the game.
that's a good one!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
When questing in Krysalis, you defeat a bee and he says prisoners are in Cell Block 1138. This is obviously a reference to Star Wars a New Hope where Princess Leia is being held.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2013
Nicitas on May 8, 2011 wrote:
The design for Marleybone is based off of where Sherlock Holmes lives.
Yep, London to be exact

Survivor
Nov 27, 2013
When you go to the dye shop in the Shopping District in the top right corner I think (pretty positive) it says "Coat of Many Colors" which is the name of an old Dolly Parton song.

Heather NightGem
Amanda DeathThorn