Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Announcing Wintertusk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
Survivor
Feb 23, 2011
Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
AWESOME!!!!!!! Since Celestia came out I've been waiting for a new world. Thank you Kingsisle for making another one.

Mason Sandtamer level 34 Sorcerer/Diviner in the Anchent Burial Grounds

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Since this is following GH story, i hope wizard101 don't make it a disappointment like GH is -.-

Your allowed to start GH at level 20, and have to fight monsters that are way too hard for you at that time, and the Experience is a joke.

Am sorry but GH experience from quests are a joke.

Am excited about the new pets and spells....but something tells me there will be a catch (for the spells that is).

I hope Wintertusk is worth spending time to visit and at least have some relations with our main quests.

Am excited about this new world, but am getting the feeling that i might get my hopes to high.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
I really hope the level 58 pets are the level 58 spells! Imagine an Efreet pet!! Or a skeletal dragon pet! That would be so awesome, and imagine the mixes they could make!

I was thinking though, I'm sure hatching level 58 pets with other level 58 pets will have amazing results, but do you think level 58 pets mixed with level 48 pets will do anything?

Well, I'm excited to find out!
Angela ShadowGarden x6

Legendary Pyromancer
Legendary Sorcerer
Legendary Diviner
Legendary Necromancer
Legendary Theurgist
Adept Conjurer

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
EliteKen wrote:
Since this is following GH story, i hope wizard101 don't make it a disappointment like GH is -.-

Your allowed to start GH at level 20, and have to fight monsters that are way too hard for you at that time, and the Experience is a joke.

Am sorry but GH experience from quests are a joke.

Am excited about the new pets and spells....but something tells me there will be a catch (for the spells that is).

I hope Wintertusk is worth spending time to visit and at least have some relations with our main quests.

Am excited about this new world, but am getting the feeling that i might get my hopes to high.

1 - GH did not come with a Level Cap Increase. It is a Side Quest world, not mandatory for the completion of the game. As a side quest world without a LCI, of course the XP is going to stink so that the people already at the cap will not be whining and complaining about missing out on vast amounts of XP. GH is also broken up into Areas by Level.

2 - WT is also a Side World w/o LCI. WT is a continuation of GH, so expect it to be for Level 45+, as Ravenscar Access is granted at Level 40+. I would expect better XP than GH, but not by much. Expecting SIDE WORLDS to be equal to Main Worlds in XP is just ludicrous.

3 - Grandmother Raven is supposed to tie up some 'Outstanding' issues with certain parts of the Storyline, but remember, every answer can breed more questions than it solves.

4 - If your hopes are too high, that is nobody's fault but your own for having expectations beyond the obvious. I hope WT is at or above CL Difficulty.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2010
Can there be like a lvl 58 storm pet like this?Plz read these cool things that might be AWESOME

1. Make it like the storm hound with a lighting bolt on the side and on the face.

2. Make it run SUPER fast so it can win drebby races QUCKILY.

3. Make it dance funny.

4. Make it cute and tough looking. ( so it can scar away monsters =) )

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan ashgrove 32 divner

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
Does this world also relate to the gobblers world that they lived in before the witch came.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
I GET IT NOW! You know when we were noobs and we had to go talk to the professors about the history of magic for that Boris kid? Remember what barteleby said? He said " Me and my sister, The Great Raven, were one of the first things created after the creator made the sea and the sky and land. I sang a song that brought the Giants, Titons, And dragons into being. But they wouldn't stop fighting each other. Out of desperation, my sister with her magic and my roots, we formed the spiral too keep the peices of the First World together. These pieces became the new worlds. Later Ambrose found me here and build Wizard City. I could tell you more but my mind is getting a bit foggy. I must rest..." That must be bartleby's sister. And i always wondered after we beat Malistair why bartleby didn't get his eye of history back. It all makes sense now.
Either that or I'm way off. :?

Survivor
May 08, 2010
jccdavis wrote:
im level 27 does that count for wintertusk just wondering from your bigest fan p.s. can u tell my wisard friends that are level 40 to 1 pls thanks
may i say something else I so want to go :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
fluffysheep12345 wrote:
samaster wrote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We finally get to learn our new lvl 68 spells. :) :D :D :D I wonder what the pets will be like. Especially before cl we only had 61 pedigree pets. Maybe now there will be 87 pedigree pets (I'm adding 13 cause thats what it was in Dragonspire).
Remember Morganthe's prophecy: The mirror shall break, and the HORN (Grandmother Raven is holding one) shall call! From the shadows i strike and the skies shall fall!!!!!
I hope Storm gets a spell like a black hole :D :D :D :D :D
That would be so awesome.

Taylor DragonTamer lvl 58 myth

uh they didnt say that, or did they, but i bet they are making it like the astral schools because they didnt say anything about new lvl cap, but how will we get or pets? do we have to do the quest again? (i sure hope not)
hey i just want to swim under water where crab alley is again joshua lengendgem lvl 38

Survivor
Nov 02, 2010
i cant wait i think we all feel the same put i might be more exited then anyone since like 5:00 o clock i have been watching the timer for the somrthing special does anyone think i am over exited my mom dad sis and friends say i am yet i dont think i am?????!!!!! plus i have a timer in my pocket for when the time for something special is done i hope it does go off in school that would be bad lol :D

Survivor
Jan 09, 2009
what happened to malistare?!? after cl was made, everyone forgot about him when morganthe made the prophecy!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
adamrocks224 wrote:
Baldur GoldPaws wrote:
Let me follow up with a little more information.

1. Yes, you will be required to complete Grizzleheim before you can enter Wintertusk.

2. No, there will not be a raise in the level cap.

3. Yes, players who are over level 58 will be able to obtain their pet.

4. No, the Selena Gomez quest/rewards will not be returning.

5. Yes, players who have reached Legendary will be able to obtain their new school spell.

6. Wintertusk storyline has nothing to do with the Morganthe story line. The horn in Grandmother Raven’s hand has no bearing on the prophecy.

just one question if you are allowed to tell us, about how long will it take for wintertusk to come out?
there is a countdown on the page is said something special is coming to the sprial.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
if they make a lvl 68 life spell it should be a satyr that heals you 990 and then a dead satyr come up and drains your enemys health 990 or 1000

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
they should make a satyr lvl 68 and it come up heals you 990 and then a death satyr coms up and drains you enemys health 990 only for life

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go :D :-) :) 8)

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Just wondering if the something special just happens to arrive on April first or all this new stuff that they are talking about could be a big April Fools day prank?

Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
I can't wait until wintertusk comes. the wait is driving me crazy ! can't wait javascript:emoticon('');

Survivor
Aug 05, 2010
So what lvl do you have to be to get in? I'm very eager to see it in the Live and Test realms. Don't rush, even though I would love for it to be finished ASAP.

Destiny Swift, LvL 43 {Master Conjurer} {Crab Chaser} {Aeronaut} {Rat Catcher}

"Cyaz in w101 peeps!"

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
i think it would be cool to breed a rank 58 pet with your 48 pet to get a new strong pet somewhere in between ranks to make a pet with some rare locations maybe the locations could have more class golden cards for all ranks
of spells.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
i think the pet for balance should be ra
and you should get the pet that was your level 58 school only card as your pet.
i think it would be cool to have a golden card recipe for everything but
school only cards including polymorphs such as Ra or the big gorilla with horns
at level 58 which for thees you have to be the level of the card or higher for being able to use the card.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I am glad that you guys are coming out with a new world so soon after doing the new underwater world based off of Marleybone. But why is this world going to be based off of Grizzleheim? That world is a pain as it is. Why not come out with whole new world something brand new. Something no one has never seen before. Now that would be something to see. A whole new world new mounts new pets new everything.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
kryszewl wrote:
maxitola2009 wrote:
I noticed there wasn't a thing that said, "increased level cap." There is going to be one right? And do we have to do Grizzleheim
to be able to get here? Any answers would be apppreiated!

Just so you know i dont really know if this place is gonna have an ILC but what i do know is that you are mostly likely not gonna have to beat GH

No, there is not new level cap increase.

If you go back and read the post by Baldur Goldpaws, you will see that is plainly says you have to complete Grizz BEFORE you can get into "Wintertusk". When the first notice of the new area came out it also said that "Wintertusk" is the COMPLETION of Grizz.

Below is what Baldur Goldpaws posted.

Baldur GoldPaws wrote:
Let me follow up with a little more information.

1. Yes, you will be required to complete Grizzleheim before you can enter Wintertusk.

2. No, there will not be a raise in the level cap.

3. Yes, players who are over level 58 will be able to obtain their pet.

4. No, the Selena Gomez quest/rewards will not be returning.

5. Yes, players who have reached Legendary will be able to obtain their new school spell.

6. Wintertusk storyline has nothing to do with the Morganthe story line. The horn in Grandmother Raven’s hand has no bearing on the prophecy.