Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Guide to Sunken City

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
Does anyone know where Sunken City and Nightside is actually located?

I can't find it!!

go through the rainbow bridge river and theres a cave to nightside and another cave to sunken city (im smart (maybe))

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Survivor
May 24, 2009
you need to be a member to get in i think and its past the waterfall in the commons

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Well I talked to marla stinger and got the tower within magic item i defeated paulson and got the MAGIC ITEM!
And I was trying to help me friends get to norten but i think hes on the top of his tower so we need to get to the top and 2 of my friends didnt survive sunken city and i tryed to get to grubb but need the magic item to get into his castle. AWW! I try to do this but my friends and i got dead from norten.
What am I going to do,Professor Greyrose!? :(

Survivor
May 23, 2009
ok sunken city is too hard. i am a level 23 conjurer and i cannot get close! even with four people! i have had this quest since hmm idk level 13 maybe!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
Does anyone know where Sunken City and Nightside is actually located?

I can't find it!!

It is in the waterfall in the commons

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
All we did was stay very close to the edge and had one to go talk to the girl and we got it done. 8) :D :) If you need help just ask Jacob Legend. also nightside is behind the waterfall by rainbow bridge.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Hi guys & gals ijust spent 4 hours doing the sunken city and got all the way to the top of the last tower to beat Norton the Skeleton nights and the gate to the top did not open after completing the duel. I even teleported out and filled all my potions and went back in by teleporting and by running. and guess what the gate was still down. I feel like I'm loosing my mind at this point and I'm level 27. any help would be greatly appreciated :P .
keira

Explorer
May 09, 2009
I still have not done this task and I am level 34.

I never really intended to do it until later on though. I might do it soon however

-Marcus Legendcrafter, LVL 34 8), LIFE storm

Survivor
Oct 25, 2008
nightside is under hte waterfall in the commns but you must of defeated foulgaze and lord nightshade to enter

Survivor
May 10, 2009
sonnypoo wrote:
Thanks for the tips !
Is there a plan in place for Ken. Park ?

Such a great question! lol Two friends and myself took four hours!! (I missed work the next day)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
I am a Level 27 Balance student (secondary Life) and would love to go through Sunken City with someone.

I haven't gone through it yet, but I've battled 95% of my bosses alone. If you're willing, reply on here. We can friend up in the game and then go in.

-HC

Survivor
May 15, 2009
i dont no if this happens on purpose,accident,glitch or what but when i'm on the edge of the side walk like liderly running into the houses on the side not to get into a battle i get into one i mean how!?!? it makes me so mad i flee and then never come back its so frustrating! :x

Defender
May 29, 2009

I don't think it's a glitch. The monsters are definitely more aggressive in sunken city. but it'll prepare you for the other worlds. Marleybone, no sidewalks and some of them (golems in particular) run faster than you. Grand Arena in Krokotopia, geez, again, no sidewalk, and you if you look at them the wrong way, you get pulled into battle.

Read my previous post "lessons learned" post about walking/hiding/porting.

Tristan Moonweaver, lvl 43 fire

>xoluluox123
>Post Jul/10/2009 1:32:53 pm Subject: Re:A Guide to Sunken City
>i dont no if this happens on purpose,accident,glitch or what but when i'm on >the edge of the side walk like liderly running into the houses on the side not >to get into a battle i get into one i mean how!?!? it makes me so mad i flee >and then never come back its so frustrating!

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
My sister and I did the task in Sunken City. Just 2 players instead of 4 players. It was alittle hard but worth it.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
when i first started Sunken City it was a piece of cake, then when i got Norton's door it would'nt open.

Can someone help me please!!!!

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
i tried going in w/ another person once, but when they got into a battle in the street, they disappeared, as did the ghosts he was fighting.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Oh, great. NOW i find out that there was more than one floor in that tower! NO WONDER THAT GATE WITH GRUBB BEHIND IT WAS LOCKED!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
SUNKEN CITY IS BROKEN!
My life wizard went all the way through but didnt get credit. The boss was dead but it kept saying to kill him and collect talisman.
My myth wizard tried but the quest does not appear inside . This just happened!
I went with a group and we were lv 24 & up but no quest or question mark & wouldnt let us in towers. We tried different servers and discovered the same problem!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
i really got ticked off today! i was so close to getting to grubb but igot my but kicked by living scarecrows. i'm lvl 23 and a life wizard. my screen name is Christopher Hawkeyes.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
I did it in an hour with 3 people including me. Everytime I got stuck in a battle by walking on the side I would just hit esc, log out, and then teleport to my friends. I didn't lose anything and didn't have to go do anything over again. Plus, I didn't need to heal up or get anymore mana again. It's easy and doesn't take a while if you have people with 1,000+ health.

Good luck!
-Emily Deathfinder

Hero
May 02, 2009
Heathlyn wrote:
I am a Level 27 Balance student (secondary Life) and would love to go through Sunken City with someone.

I haven't gone through it yet, but I've battled 95% of my bosses alone. If you're willing, reply on here. We can friend up in the game and then go in.

-HC

Just in case you haven't gone yet, I'll be happy to go with you, as I've been inside it a bunch of times.

the enemies there are mostly myth, death, a balance boss if memory serves, and fire.

So bring your best cards when we go, which can be tomorrow at 12:00 noon EST.

SethShadowCloud
Master Pyroviner(almost LV.46)
A good friend.
Jade Oni pet-Prince Bandit

Meet me in the death tower at that time, and I'll do my best to be there.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
My friend and I finally completed the Sunken City today. I was level 21 and he was level lower (HP of around 900?). We originally went in with four, but two had to leave. As said by others, you cannot avoid the street fights, but this area is possible with only two people.

The way we did it was to make sure ONE of us always had high HP in the fights. When one of us were defeated, we would flee, use a potion, and hurry back in, while the other took longer than usual to choose their next spell. This worked out perfectly. We would fill our potion bottles between fights when needed.

It takes a lot of patience (we took more than an hour to defeat Grubb) and one person who you can trust!

If you're really stuck, find me (Michelle Shadowcaller), and I'll help if I have the time :D

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I found that if you're very careful. You can get by them. It just takes lots of time.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
It can be done with one person. I'm trying to get through with only me and it is working out pretty well. Anyway, the whole thing about if you die you must start over. WRONG! :D I have died once and when I went back I started where I left off. So I would just test it and try for your self.