Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Guide to Sunken City

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
so i did sunkan city wen i was like level 16 with this friend who was ievel 50 storm and he kept doing wild bolt andit worked every time and hitting 20k damage ! he also did storm lord to kill grubb at one point wen we fought norton my lvl 18 friend did cyclops minion and it did the trick but she left. - orangriffinrider level 26 fire

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
I did this today with 2 others who were about level 20 or so, and I'm only level 15. The bosses were actually pretty easy. The only thing that I found difficult was trying to avoid the creatures on the street- they can reach you from quite a distance, so you really have to watch out when you cross and try to stay as far away from the street as possible when going to the next battle.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
I can't even see anything when i go into the sunken city dungeon. Is anyone else having this problem? If so people tell me what iam doin wrong or what i can do right?

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
when i was low it was easy to go through sunken city ya know what i did? LEAVING AND COMING BACK! when my health was low i told my friend that i be right back and get health and mana so i came back and did it with my grand friend so. 1. do sunken city with a friend that is high and u trust him or her. 2. be nice! your friend probably does not want to do this but remembers how hard it was when he or she did it. 3. if your friend is trying not to heal you to make sunken city easier mark sunken city and go to the commons and get as much health and mana as you can! you cant keep your friend waiting! 4. DONT flee if you need health ask your friend to use a sprite on you and after the battle mark where you are and go get health. 5. when you finish sunken city thank your friend for helping and maybe use your crowns to give your friend a reward then she or he will most likely be glad to help you in future quests. reply to me if this helps! :D

Survivor
May 08, 2010
lorddoom141 wrote:
csillver wrote:
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?

That's what I did for about a hour trying to find nightside (still didnt find it :()

lol just go into the waterfall at the commons behind rainbow bridge. The door to nightside is right there with the death symbol on it, if you have the key to it, just go right in

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I did it with only my friend (I'm level 21, he's level 17). He kept getting pulled off the sidewalks but i only got pulled off twice. He did most of the work defeating Grubb because I'm a Necromancer and my death spells are pretty much useless against him.

-Ryan DarkRiver Level 21 Necromancer

P.S. I'm currently working in Krokotopia! I'm ALWAYS on Ambrose or Ivan.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
The trick to sunken city if you solo it is to mark a place in the dungeon so you can transport back in if you die or leave to go heal up.However,if you log out you can't go back in you have to start over. If you create a transport spot its almost like transporting back to your friends in the dungeon. Whatever you do don't forget to mark a spot before you enter a fight. If you don't "THEN", you have to start over. I soloed alone remembering this rule and I finished sunken city just fine. But you have to mark a spot before entering, if you don't then you do have to start over. Btw there are only "TWO" mandantory street fights.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
ripleyrocks123 wrote:
I did it with only my friend (I'm level 21, he's level 17). He kept getting pulled off the sidewalks but i only got pulled off twice. He did most of the work defeating Grubb because I'm a Necromancer and my death spells are pretty much useless against him.

This is why you use the spells that convert your death spells to life spells. Usually most wizards spell do have a spell that converts their spell that is just the opposite of theirs. I have two wizards. Life and fire. I have two traps thatconvert one from life to death and one from fire to ice.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
I just did the dungeon alone on a level 15 Death Wizard.

As a low level, I decided to spend my crowns on potions.
Get Major Battle elixir, Major health elixir and Major Regeneration potion. These will last an hour.

Go into the dungeon and absolutely stay on the sidewalks. Go slowly, don't run and hug the wall. If you think an enemy is too close, stop and let them pass by. Then continue when they are gone. If you are patient you won't have to fight any of the mobs outside the towers.

The bosses in the dungeon are primarily Death, Myth, and Fire. Make sure you have treasure cards filled with their opposite schools of magic to do damage. As a death wizard, I had to rely primarily on my secondary school instead of my main. Also you are allowed to pause before entering the battle ring. Check the magic schools of all the enemies and restock your deck hand accordingly. You must do this every fight. Also pause long enough for your regeneration potion to heal you to full health. This potion will not heal you during a fight. So wait for it to work.

Be sure to mark your spot before each tower fight. It will make the return quicker when you fail.

A lone, low level wizard will expect to die when facing 3 enemies. Expect it to happen. Just make sure you survive long enough to take out one henchmen. Always go for the henchmen (the ones with the low health) first. Do this, because the enemy you defeat will not reappear and then you will only have to fight two on the return.

It took me about an hour and 30 minutes to complete Sunken City using this method. Good luck

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I recently beat sunken city for the first time. I only had one friend (Victoria icethief) at the time she was a level 20 adept and I was a level 18 journeyman, both of us ice. We did it in one go with no treasure cards because as soon as one of us was defeated, the defeated one would flee, by a potion, drink it and teleport back in (this works best when you are friends. It wasn't hard at all. But greyrose's (?) advice is good if you are a lower level

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
Sunken City is really herd for me and none of my freinds come when I ask :(
can sombody com in with me

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
ripleyrocks123 wrote:

This guy is good I'm working on Krokotopia too. I'm ALWAYS on Diego, Drake, or Bartlby (this may be mispelled because i do not know how to spell the grandfather tree in the center of ravenwood's name

Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
I dont know if this helps but if you walk a little bit at a time you wont get pulled in as long as you dont rush :D it is real easy and i did it when i was a lvl 29 with a friend who is a lvl 28 and still beat it under half a hour.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2010
whoah this sounds hard me and my friend are going to try this one when we reach a higher level im currently leveling up in krokotopia i play quite a lot and hopefully i will meet some of you throughout the spiral

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
lord nightshade

sunken city is so easy everyone after level 15 can atleast beat it

Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
i am looking for a guy his name is scot jade smith if you seen him are you know him tell him lindsey fire haven said hi hi all so i wish he does well and i miss him very much pls. tell him this is if you know him are you seen him thank you love lindsey fire haven and jasmine blue fist :(

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
Why Did I try to do this quest I make it all the way fight the guy, kill him his other two killed me on the last move but they was killed also, I won the fight by having friends to help me, but it says I must start the fight all over again. Why? I hate that. I cant get none of my friends to do it again. So Why?

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Foomie wrote:
My sister did Sunken city with her friend. She stayed up till 9.30 at night. She did when she was level 25 and her friend was level 21. I am level 29 and I have not done it. But i'm waiting to get another P.C. or we could get a disk that would make our mac be able to download P.C. games so my sister can help me. And if your level 20 or below I would not do it. :) :-) :D :( :-o 8) :x :P :?

Uh.... I did Sunken City when i was lvls 5-10 on ALL 6 of my characters.
-Samantha SunCatcher (48 Balance)
-Amy SunCatcher (20 Life)
-Natalie SunCatcher (11 Myth)
-Vanessa SunCatcher (10 Death)
-Jessica SunCatcher (12 Ice)
-Fire SunCatcher (10 Fire)

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Hi, its Angel Deathcaster. I was wondering, is Sunken City harder for Death students (also known as Necromancers) since Sunken City has most Death monsters? Please reply, but I don't need help or anything. I'm just a level 13 Necromancer (Death student) and I'm not even started on the quest for the City. So please reply. Bye! :) :D

Angel Deathcaster, level 13 Necromancer in Krokotopia.

P.S I also forgot to mention that I'm a boy that's nine years old in real life and SOMEONE HELP ME WITH AKORI NIRINI PLEASEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! i need help So i'm usually just in the palace of fire. And sorry about the exclamation I just want to finish Akori. Bye again!

NECROMANCERS ROCK!!!!!!!!!! And Happy Halloween!! :-D

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Sunken City isn't hard as long as you have friends and someone who can deo life spells

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
gavinrt wrote:
should i bring a life student?

You ABSOULETLY need to bring an life

Without one, you'll probaly die after the first battle

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
I'm a L W 20 and just finished the Sunken City with two (?) wizards who were in their 60s They really didn't need me along, but the trip was a blast. the spells they pulled were spectacular! Problem: I've been the course twice now and still can't find the book of death magic. Any hints or ideas? It's the only one I'm missing and it's driveing me crazy. It's really a very short putt, but I'm old.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
All i did was SOOOOOOOO simple! one of my friends did MORE THAN HALF and i was on the same quest! turns out she used minions! i finished it HALF AN HOUR! so nice! :) :) :) :) ALSO: MAKE SURE YOUR DECK INCLUDES THE BEST SPELLS! THAT IS IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on people :

TEAMWORK!

Mycin Dragonhaven, lvl 35 sorcerer ( all types o spells!) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)