Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Guide to Sunken City

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I have not done Sunken City yet, although I have made it through the door. Right when I entered I realized that I have NO idea what to do in it. Does anyone have any advice? I am level 18 and have been to Krokatopia so I do know that it is a wonderful place to get through the levels more quickly. Will Sunken City help me get through the game? And what is the reward after it is finished? Do you just have the opportunity to play it again or does it change?

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
carterma wrote:

I don't think it's a glitch. The monsters are definitely more aggressive in sunken city. but it'll prepare you for the other worlds. Marleybone, no sidewalks and some of them (golems in particular) run faster than you. Grand Arena in Krokotopia, geez, again, no sidewalk, and you if you look at them the wrong way, you get pulled into battle.

Read my previous post "lessons learned" post about walking/hiding/porting.

Tristan Moonweaver, lvl 43 fire

>xoluluox123
>Post Jul/10/2009 1:32:53 pm Subject: Re:A Guide to Sunken City
>i dont no if this happens on purpose,accident,glitch or what but when i'm on >the edge of the side walk like liderly running into the houses on the side not >to get into a battle i get into one i mean how!?!? it makes me so mad i flee >and then never come back its so frustrating!
tristan is true sunken city is hard i'm pretty sure you know who i am BOOM FIX you know what that mean tristan

Survivor
May 22, 2009
maybe we can meet at the gate at 1:00p.m. august twenty seventh please meet me there.

wolf darkstaff

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I was i here and even on the SIDEWALK i was pulled off. This is one of the hardest dungeons in the game, we know. So, I think you should make some SERIOUS changes to that dungeon it is very very hard even WITH four people. I would suggest very very serious changes. TY for your time.

Morgan Duskflame, 31 (Magus Necromancer)
.:*Mooshu Bound*:.
Find me in Marleybone in Katenzstien's Lab.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I am very glad that this guide was put out!! I tried the Sunken City many times but I always got stuck behind in a battle with no help.After I read this I finished the Sunken City......but there was only two of us!!!! :)

See You in the Spiral,
Caroline Ravenleaf

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Hi! I am a grandmaster ice wizard. I soloed Sunken City, (BEFORE i did collosus buelevard). I also soloed the three towers in Marleybone(the royal museum),and every oni level. Anyway the point here is sunken city doesn't have to be a group thing. :-) :) Robert Windbreeze

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
ok, this is a guide for sunken city. sunken city is almost like marleybone but grass only safe place . thats why i made this. :-) reply if you think it's a good guide!

1. a gate is over near the other grass, but it's locked. you need a way to open it. but how will you? wait, there is a tower over there! it has a magic item in it. the highest lvl person goes to there. ( for safty )
then you port to him/her. go in the tower and defeat who's inside, after that, you get the book, go to marla stinger, and talk to her. she see's it the tomb of decay! :D! go to the gate and it opens! lucky you.

2. go to marla stinger over on the grass ahead. talk to her. the next gate is also closed. the next tower has a boss named paulson with 2 bansheesby his side. defeat him and get the item! talk to her and open the gate! where close to the end wizards.

3. grubb is in the place ahead! talk to marla, a tower that we passed has a boss too. go there and you will find ghosts at first, then ghost and banshee, next, banshee, last, it's to nortan. he has 2 banshees on his side! go back to marla. olny a little bit left! :D :D :D :D :D!

4. defeat grubb. he has 3 scarecrows with him. it's the final duel. below is grubb's stats.

name:grubb
type:death
health:1,000

after you defeat him, you have to talk to marla,then, you win the place! yahoo! you glad now?

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Helryx wrote:
race101 wrote:
my sister has completed sunken city but i haven't. i have 1,308 health and 138 mana,but that doesn't sound good yet.so i will wait till i get like 1,400 or 2,000's and go to Sunken city and maybe bring some friends along and life wizards. i will keep this in mind proffeser greyrose.

I beat Sunken City with less than one thousand health with 2 friends so I think you can do it.

~Helryx

Ha, your having trouble with sunken city, just wait till you get to kensington park. Compared to sunken city its a living nightmare.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
:x :x :x :x
dudegorgon2 wrote:
Helryx wrote:
race101 wrote:
my sister has completed sunken city but i haven't. i have 1,308 health and 138 mana,but that doesn't sound good yet.so i will wait till i get like 1,400 or 2,000's and go to Sunken city and maybe bring some friends along and life wizards. i will keep this in mind proffeser greyrose.

I beat Sunken City with less than one thousand health with 2 friends so I think you can do it.

~Helryx

Ha, your having trouble with sunken city, just wait till you get to kensington park. Compared to sunken city its a living nightmare.
kensington park is hard :x

Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
Survivor
May 02, 2009
Sunken City is absolutely a challenge. My friend and I got thru it and we were at level 20. The biggest thing was that we worked together - he's ice/death and I'm fire/life so we had most of the bases covered.
I've gone back to help other players and did not do as well. Even with four people, if everyone is doing their own thing, it can be very frustrating and take a lot more time.
My friend and I found that if we worked on taking them down one at a time starting with the one with the least amount of health points as well as throwing a few traps on the rest, we went thru it fairly easily.
(we're both grandmasters now so I can safely say that the strategy worked well for us!)

Survivor
May 22, 2009
hawaiigirl465 wrote:
I have not done Sunken City yet, although I have made it through the door. Right when I entered I realized that I have NO idea what to do in it. Does anyone have any advice? I am level 18 and have been to Krokatopia so I do know that it is a wonderful place to get through the levels more quickly. Will Sunken City help me get through the game? And what is the reward after it is finished? Do you just have the opportunity to play it again or does it change?

Well first you should bring some other friends, second i think it may get you through the game, and third if you are defeated you can go in again but after 30 minutes when you were defeated you'll lose your progress. And if you beat it and want to go in again i'm 90% sure you can go in again. If you can go in greeblys garrison and stormdrain tower again after you defeated those than you can go in sunken city again.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Thank you! I'm lucky you are my character allison silvershard's teacher!

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
sunken city hard quest no kidding :( cant even do its its its so hard to do dont DO IT!!!!!

Survivor
Sep 04, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
Does anyone know where Sunken City and Nightside is actually located?

I can't find it!!

it is in the commons heading toward unicorn way. it is under the waterfall your left, you need to A. be a death student, B. have the quest to go there or C. port to a friend who is there already

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Many of you have mentioned that the Instanced Area known as Sunken City is causing you some troubles. I've put together a few hints and tips to help you get through this area.

1. Group Up! Sunken City and other areas in the Spiral are designed for groups to work together to a common goal. You need to rely on your friends to succeed at these duels. If there's just one of you against the large number of creatures, you're not going to last very long. Team up with your friends or make new friends by offering to join a group.

2. Treasure Cards! Before you head out, make sure you have a good supply of all levels of treasure cards. You never know when that single Humungofrog could mean the difference between moving forward, and having to visit Hilda Brewer for her potions, again.

3. Move at Your Own Pace. Sunken City and other instances like it are unique because the creatures should not respawn behind you. Be careful that no one runs ahead and gets caught, dividing the group between duels. Stick together as a group and you'll be much better off.

4. Four at a Time. Sunken City is meant for four players to explore. If four people stand on the sigils at the entrance, those original four can teleport in and out as needed. If less than four people stand on the sigils at the entrance, friends can teleport in until there are four people total. Once these four people are in, the group is locked. Should a player or players decide not to continue with the adventure, they can remove themselves from the group by logging off or entering a different instance. At that time, the group is open to new members however it is still capped at four people.

5. Healers Never Hurt. Often a dedicated team member from the School of Life can mean a higher win rate for the group. This member of the team keeps an eye on everyone else and stacks his or her deck of cards to maximize the number of heal other cards that appear.

6. Don't Rush. You are not required to complete the Sunken City instance to move forward with Wizard101. If you find you simply cannot get through Sunken City, come back when you are a higher level with more powerful spells. You may find that the area is not as scary as you thought.

7. Have Fun! Sunken City and other Instanced Areas are a different dynamic of Wizard101. They're meant to be hard, and a different type of challenge. Just have fun and enjoy yourself.

I got to the end and DANG IT! Ran out of computer time. I don't see why I can solo the instances in krok but not in wizard city?!?

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
Maryanne20 wrote:

I can't find it!!

behind the waterfall!!

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?

That's what I did for about a hour trying to find nightside (still didnt find it :()
It's behind the waterfall in the commons. I found it a while before i was let in :oops :-P

Survivor
Oct 08, 2009
When in Doubt, hide in an NPC (Actually works, especially in Grizzlehelm where the NPCs are twice your size)

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
plumblossum wrote:
:PSunken City can be done with as little as two people. I helped many people in beta and live get through it.

Before you enter, be sure to make friends with all in your group if you aren't already. This will be helpful if someone must flee to get more mana or health although it is STRONGLY advised to have your potions, mana and health at full force before entering.

You will get pulled in a fight when you first enter the game no matter how far from the street you are. After that, talk to Marla by the tree. She will tell you to go to the tower down the street. Once you defeat that tower, one in your group can go back to her while the others go by the gate. All who enter together will get credit if one talks to her. Once that person finishes talking to Marla, they can teleport to the rest of the group. BEWARE, you will see a lot of ghouls passing in front of the gate so don't go rushing thru the gateway. Once they pass and you get thru, talk to Marla again(she's inside the area you are in now, don't go back outside the gateway) and she will send you to another tower. Defeat the enemies within and then one goes talk to Marla while the rest wait at the final gate. Do as before and have the one teleport to the rest of the group when they finish speaking with Marla. Now you will go to the last tower but you have two battles in the tower instead of one. When you are finished, you will have to talk to Marla one more time before leaving the area. Please note the above was the best case scenario for Sunken City.

One of your group will probably get pulled into a fight whether you or they wished to. UNITY is very important in Sunken City. If one gets pulled in a fight, all shall join to get it over as soon as possible. Also note that the enemies including street ghouls are at least 500 each. Two enemies for one person and one additional enemy for each joined person after that. Good Luck! Sunken City is a tough assignment even for seasoned players. :)

that's all well and good that you can, but I really can't. I am a lvl 21 and there is absolutely NO ONE there! I need big players please!!! and look for me- Brooke Ravenbreeze- in Wizard City, Krokotopia, or Grizzleheim

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:

I can't find it!!

You know that waterfall near the bridge by Unicorn Way? Behind it there is a door with a death sign on it. Go through that door, and ta da! there is Nightside! oh and by the way, look for me, I have to defeat Grubb! I am Brooke Ravenbreeze lvl 21 usually in Wizard City, Krokotopia, and Grizzleheim.
thnx! :D
and it's okay if you believe you can't do it and are embarrassed by it ( )
I went inside and there was a monster with 500 health ! not to scare you... but it is really scary stay cool.