Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Guide to Sunken City

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009

wait to go there until you are a grandmaster! and you can do the hold sunken city by your self, with some heal alone the way, also clear the street of monster helps. have fun

star025 wrote:
I have a tip... You should have 4 or 3 people. I completed sunken city today and this is how i did it :)

I got some freinds and if we had low health we would go to the commons and we would get health and then teleport back and when finished it at the end there were me and 1 of my freinds left and she died and I had to complete it by myself and I did :)

3 more things I should say... 1 In the beginning you automatically get sucked into a battle so be careful[you will no mater what you will] 2 you should go in with 1,560 to 2,350 health. 3 in the last 2 battles where you have to get the key there are 5 or 6 rooms I cant remember.[i think 5]

so I hope you can defeat the sunken city and if you want me to help you im Nicholas Battlesword im usually in different worlds.

GOOD LUCK!

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
These are good tips, but i want to say that there are a few more that I've come up with. Go in groups and all, but when you're doing so, if you know a person in a group, CALL THEM! This made communication with my cousin a LOT EASIER! It wasn't as limited, even if we had text chat.

One step at a time. If you rush, then you'll get dragged into a battle. but remember that you have limited time to get in and out of the city.

MOST IMPORTANT! When you see an enemy, walk by, FACING THE OTHER WAY, TOWARDS THE WALL! DON'T MOVE WHEN AN ENEMY IS PASSING BY! THIS HELPS WHEN YOU ARE TRYING NOT TO GET DRAGGED IN!!!

If you're in a group, remember that you can't mark it in sunken city. If someone needs health or whatever, just let them teleport out, while someone else stays. the person out does whatever, then teleports back to the person who stayed in. i think it restarts time, but I'm not positive. it works, though.

I hope these strategies weren't confusing, but they worked for me when i beat the city. Please reply this my 4th post.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Cynical wrote:
Oh how funny....that I find this NOW after spending 2-1/2 hours last night working my way through to Nightshade and finally a win there (at level 24!).

They pull you right off the sidewalks! You cannot get past them...so you end up battling over and over and over.

Then the second to the last battle we did not know to go up the stairs! We were so excited that was a short battle that we went on to the end to find a locked gate. Hmmm. Remember Golem Tower...same idea folks!

So we did this with 3! I think if you could get a group of 4 it would be easier.

Hint: get one person to run to the next step, then everyone else teleport to that person. Splitting up spells disaster in most cases but I think you would be less likely to get pulled into the street....unless that is part of the instance?

Anyone who thinks this game is not challenging enough should just go try the Sunken City!

Yeah, I messed up too when i didn't go up the stairs. It was okay, though. We just exited out of the city, and tried again.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Sunken city is very hard i know that.(i'm level 48 and still didnt finish it!) Anyway there is something that is diffrent about it than other dungeons. In the beggining there are 3 ghost monsters floating around in a circle and even when you are on a sidewalk, you get put into a battle with them! This really annoys me and i dont no if its a bug or not but i dont like it and want it removed :x

Nicholas Ghosthunter level 48 fire wizard

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Velete wrote:
Sunken City is much easier if you just piggyback your way through the fights e.g some people running ahead and intentionally pulling mobs to tie up the streets around the ground so others can pass up and through, then the players in fights can just flee out and portal to the people who got clear of that street ( stopping for potions or mini games to fill mana if need be ) this method still takes a fair amount of time though:)

I'd recommend against doing Gruls, by the time your leaving wizard city you have a quest to go to Krok which gives more XP just for talking to people in the area, the hour or two you spend in sunken city could have you finished up in the first krok area and 2 levels ahead with MUCH better gear/pet/card/gold drops than anything gruls lair offers.

Only worth doing to possible wipe it off the quest book if that sort of thing annoys you - i wish their was a way to cancel quests from inside the book!
i know

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
me and my friend both managed to do this and we were both only abourt level 12 i think.

we acctually started of with three people but he had to go so we caried on
my friend was the healer and i used balance and whenever i died he would heal me and if he died he would flee get potions come back and we would carry on.

this quest i found quite easy with only me and a healer because after about every 2 battles one of us would leave, heal and come back and vise versa

it really isn't that hard just dont give in and make sure you have a friend
and if you die flee, heal and come right back to help

hope this helped :D
ME

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
dudes i tried all that i am lvl 31 death and still having trouble with it :x

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
I soloed Sunken City! :D It's EASY if you have The Fireblade spell, and Scald Spell, Grubb is only the hard part cause he has fire minions! :( But I did it alone. Norton's tower was annoying. But i did it!

-Level 48
John FireWalker

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Thanks for the hints and tips, actually I have one to share:

Be sure you're team is not made up of one school/element. Personally, Life,Myth,Fire and Ice would be best.

Life:Healing
Myth:Minions
Fire:Good Damage
Ice:Defenses/Shields

Elizabeth Mistleaf
Level 27
(Still hasn't done Sunken City, but has tried)

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I am a level Ice wizard, and I did sunken city by myself at level 40. So it is not necessary to have more than one wizard, if you are a high enough level.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Many of you have mentioned that the Instanced Area known as Sunken City is causing you some troubles. I've put together a few hints and tips to help you get through this area.

1. Group Up! Sunken City and other areas in the Spiral are designed for groups to work together to a common goal. You need to rely on your friends to succeed at these duels. If there's just one of you against the large number of creatures, you're not going to last very long. Team up with your friends or make new friends by offering to join a group.

2. Treasure Cards! Before you head out, make sure you have a good supply of all levels of treasure cards. You never know when that single Humungofrog could mean the difference between moving forward, and having to visit Hilda Brewer for her potions, again.

3. Move at Your Own Pace. Sunken City and other instances like it are unique because the creatures should not respawn behind you. Be careful that no one runs ahead and gets caught, dividing the group between duels. Stick together as a group and you'll be much better off.

4. Four at a Time. Sunken City is meant for four players to explore. If four people stand on the sigils at the entrance, those original four can teleport in and out as needed. If less than four people stand on the sigils at the entrance, friends can teleport in until there are four people total. Once these four people are in, the group is locked. Should a player or players decide not to continue with the adventure, they can remove themselves from the group by logging off or entering a different instance. At that time, the group is open to new members however it is still capped at four people.

5. Healers Never Hurt. Often a dedicated team member from the School of Life can mean a higher win rate for the group. This member of the team keeps an eye on everyone else and stacks his or her deck of cards to maximize the number of heal other cards that appear.

6. Don't Rush. You are not required to complete the Sunken City instance to move forward with Wizard101. If you find you simply cannot get through Sunken City, come back when you are a higher level with more powerful spells. You may find that the area is not as scary as you thought.

7. Have Fun! Sunken City and other Instanced Areas are a different dynamic of Wizard101. They're meant to be hard, and a different type of challenge. Just have fun and enjoy yourself.

I actually completed the whole dungeon with me (Lv. Seventeen Life Wiz) and a lv. 30 Death Wiz. Abother time to I went in there was with a Lv. 31 (?) Ice Wiz. Suprisingly, it wasn't as hard as I thought it was.

Much help isn't always needed. We got low on health and mana sometimes, but I healed and we used potion flasks.

Tips: Have a Life wiz that knows some decent healing spells. Get maybe a Ice Wizard to go first in battle and take attacks. Have a Death or Fire Wiz for attacking. try and do two at a time, but more is needed.

~ Roslyn-chan, reporting for duty! (Lv. Eighteen, Journyman Life Wiz) and cya in the Spiral!

Survivor
May 15, 2010
It took me 4 hours to pass that special thx to Sarah,Angela,Me Aaron,and Hawk.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2009
Maryanne20 wrote:
Does anyone know where Sunken City and Nightside is actually located?

I can't find it!!

Go behind the waterfall in the commons. U have to have the quest though. After that, find the place with four sigels and~ BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
csillver wrote:
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?

Lol nice idea! I would help if i dont need to pay! Lol

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
1. Group Up! Sunken City and other areas in the Spiral are designed for groups to work together to a common goal. You need to rely on your friends to succeed at these duels. If there's just one of you against the large number of creatures, you're not going to last very long. Team up with your friends or make new friends by offering to join a group.

This is the biggest problem with sunken city
You start will 3 or for people. Half way trough they bail.
Now you are really stuck.
If to try to start with an other group you find that you are all alone and that the game has not rest.
I have waited a day and gone back to be all all alone.
This a a dungeon that does not work well alone.

I just found out that I have to do it again as a life wizard for a spell
quest. It should follow the rules that other dungeons follow. So if you get a bad group you can try again

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
It really isn't that hard....
You dont need a group of people, me (level 19) and my friend (20 something) beat this together. Sure it took a long time, but its a dungeon. Make sure yo have a healer or something, even a minion works, unless you want to spend money on pots
Yes, we killed grubb and all of the towers with just 2 people (including me)

The best tip:
Treasure cards! Get a card that does like 500Dmg to all or something. In the grubb battle, that kills almost all the haunted scare crows and leaves grubb with half his health.
Also use traps, blades, or shields whn you only have one pip or cant find that card you want to use

Survivor
May 31, 2010
The thing to do is ignore the quest when you get like im doing and then come back to later when you are like level 35 and over.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
i just have a question for anyone who cares... why in the first part do the ghosts pull you off the sidewalk?!?! i thought that part was supposed to be safe! prof. greyrose, you even said so on my first trip in unicorn way! is it normal, or a weird glitch that i need to report?

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I have a good wizard setup for sunken city. Have a Life student for healing, a Balance for charms, a Storm for damage, and a Death student for half healing. 8) I hope this works for you!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
hey any body wanna do sunken city with me

Right Now!!

Thank You

spencer
wizard name: stevenswifthunter (lvl 15)

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
Survivor
May 13, 2010
lorddoom141 wrote:
csillver wrote:
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?

That's what I did for about a hour trying to find nightside (still didnt find it :()

Nightside is under the waterfall near Unicorn Way in the commons. Also, WHO WANTS TO DO SUNKEN CITY WITH ME? Seriously, I'll do it again!!

Emily Goldentheif lvl 27 pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Cynical wrote:
Oh how funny....that I find this NOW after spending 2-1/2 hours last night working my way through to Nightshade and finally a win there (at level 24!).

They pull you right off the sidewalks! You cannot get past them...so you end up battling over and over and over.

Then the second to the last battle we did not know to go up the stairs! We were so excited that was a short battle that we went on to the end to find a locked gate. Hmmm. Remember Golem Tower...same idea folks!

So we did this with 3! I think if you could get a group of 4 it would be easier.

Hint: get one person to run to the next step, then everyone else teleport to that person. Splitting up spells disaster in most cases but I think you would be less likely to get pulled into the street....unless that is part of the instance?

Anyone who thinks this game is not challenging enough should just go try the Sunken City!

I just can't seem to do it. I'm level 32 and still can't do it. Do you have any advice seeing as this is clearly a possible KT instance area? I don't mean to be rude but the EXP is very low for such a hard dungeon. Professor Greyrose, do you think that this is a hard dungeon yourself? It may need some working on, and I just wanted your opinion.

Thanks,
Tabitha RainGlade level 32 Magus Thaumaturge :D

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
I completed Sunken City yesterday, and it was WAY easier then I thought, but then again I am a Grandmaster.