Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Guide to Sunken City

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Sep 8, 2008 wrote:
Many of you have mentioned that the instanced dungeon known as Sunken City is causing you some troubles. I've put together a few hints and tips to help you get through this area.

1. Group Up! Sunken City and other areas in the Spiral are designed for groups to work together to a common goal. You need to rely on your friends to succeed at these duels. If there's just one of you against the large number of creatures, you're not going to last very long. Team up with your friends or make new friends by offering to join a group.

2. Treasure Cards! Before you head out, make sure you have a good supply of all levels of treasure cards. You never know when that single Humungofrog could mean the difference between moving forward, and having to visit Hilda Brewer for her potions, again.

3. Move at Your Own Pace. Sunken City and other instances like it are unique because the creatures should not respawn behind you. Be careful that no one runs ahead and gets caught, dividing the group between duels. Stick together as a group and you'll be much better off.

4. Four at a Time. Sunken City is meant for four players to explore. If four people stand on the sigils at the entrance, those original four can teleport in and out as needed. If less than four people stand on the sigils at the entrance, friends can teleport in until there are four people total. Once these four people are in, the group is locked. Should a player or players decide not to continue with the adventure, they can remove themselves from the group by logging off or entering a different instance. At that time, the group is open to new members however it is still capped at four people.

5. Healers Never Hurt. Often a dedicated team member from the School of Life can mean a higher win rate for the group. This member of the team keeps an eye on everyone else and stacks his or her deck of cards to maximize the number of heal other cards that appear.

6. Don't Rush. You are not required to complete the Sunken City instance to move forward with Wizard101. If you find you simply cannot get through Sunken City, come back when you are a higher level with more powerful spells. You may find that the area is not as scary as you thought.

7. Have Fun! Sunken City and other Instanced Areas are a different dynamic of Wizard101. They're meant to be hard, and a different type of challenge. Just have fun and enjoy yourself.
Thank you so Professor Greyrose! :)

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
Thank you Professor Greyrose for this well-thought out guide. This will definitely help anyone new with this awesome dungeon.

I will also recommend that on the Wizard101 Central Fansite, there are 2 groups that will always help you with Sunken City and any other dungeon. (I've requested help almost 20 times! )

Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
Mary WindStrider on Jan 9, 2009 wrote:
Does anyone know where Sunken City and Nightside is actually located?

I can't find it!!

Its behind the waterfall!You need to complete a quest to go there ;D

Nicole lvl 21

Survivor
Jun 12, 2013
Where is Sunken City, anyway.

Jack MythBane , lvl 11, Undead Hunter

Defender
Feb 16, 2010

I can't find it!!

you go through the water fall behind rainbow bridge (thats the bridge in front of unicorn way) you should see a door and then go through it and then talk to the girl outside of the death school and then do the quest

jack skullbreeze lvl 49 pyromancer pet helephant

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
i beat sunken city at like lvl 15 with 2 friends but it was HARD it helps best if you are a low lvl and are sick of seeing and sorry for spelling wrong i'm a bad speller get some high lvl friends and do it. get as many as you can though. make sure there like over lvl 30

jack skull breeze lvl 49 pyromance pet helephant

Survivor
Apr 11, 2013

I can't find it!!

Yes I do.

1. Have you completed Firecat Alley, Cyclops Lane and Triton Avenue?
2. Have you looked around the waterfall near Rainbow Bridge in Commons?
3. You Need A Membership for the quest for Sunken City and Sunken City itself.

Blaze AngleHunter Level 67

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
all you need is friends -__- thats what you need for every dungeon you dont have to solo it really guys everyone should know that o__0

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

Survivor
Apr 11, 2013
lorddoom141 wrote:
That's what I did for about a hour trying to find nightside (still didnt find it :()
Have you checked under the waterfall? If you can't access this, ask somebody to take you there :D.

Christopher Emerald

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I'm on the quest "defeat Norton and Collect Skeleton Key" quest. I defeated the two rooms in the tower before him. It won't let me through to the next room! Help?

Survivor
Dec 08, 2012
I'm stuck on the Sunken City Dungeon and need help really badly! Even when I go in with friends we ALL died! Would anyone like to help me? If so...

Where: Sunken City Dungeon entrance.
When: 3:00 PM Saturday July 19.
Time Zone: Central.

Thanks!
Jenna RavenDreamer
19(Still working on it. Almost lvl 20) /

Please help!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
You should add the realm and I do not understand time zones and my computer has trouble running Wizard101 so I can't help you but here are some guides that might help you.
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?46738-Guide-to-Sunken-City
Good luck, and I hope the link works if it doesn't maybe Wizard101 Central can help.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Cynical on Sep 10, 2008 wrote:
Oh how funny....that I find this NOW after spending 2-1/2 hours last night working my way through to Nightshade and finally a win there (at level 24!).

They pull you right off the sidewalks! You cannot get past them...so you end up battling over and over and over.

Then the second to the last battle we did not know to go up the stairs! We were so excited that was a short battle that we went on to the end to find a locked gate. Hmmm. Remember Golem Tower...same idea folks!

So we did this with 3! I think if you could get a group of 4 it would be easier.

Hint: get one person to run to the next step, then everyone else teleport to that person. Splitting up spells disaster in most cases but I think you would be less likely to get pulled into the street....unless that is part of the instance?

Anyone who thinks this game is not challenging enough should just go try the Sunken City!
Yeah, i've done Sunken City many times ( To get XP and gold ) Every time I've gotten pulled of the sidewalk. I think they need to fix that! they say it's safe on the side walk then they turn around and just let them pull you off! it makes me very angry
Katie Duskleaf, level 27

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
Can u please help me out by giving me some tips on how to pass sunken city if u can that would be great ps if there are specific tips on schools im a pyromancerbye

Survivor
Dec 17, 2012
August121415 on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
I'm stuck on the Sunken City Dungeon and need help really badly! Even when I go in with friends we ALL died! Would anyone like to help me? If so...

Where: Sunken City Dungeon entrance.
When: 3:00 PM Saturday July 19.
Time Zone: Central.

Thanks!
Jenna RavenDreamer
19(Still working on it. Almost lvl 20) /

Please help!
This is a strategy I always use if I have these types of people. You need a tank (ice) in the first slot, a booster (balance) in the second slot, a attacker (storm/death) in the third slot and a healer (life) in the fourth slot. BTW, when I mean slot, I mean battle slot. Hope this helps!

Alex LionThief
Level 45
"None shall phase me"

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Cynical on Sep 10, 2008 wrote:
Oh how funny....that I find this NOW after spending 2-1/2 hours last night working my way through to Nightshade and finally a win there (at level 24!).

They pull you right off the sidewalks! You cannot get past them...so you end up battling over and over and over.

Then the second to the last battle we did not know to go up the stairs! We were so excited that was a short battle that we went on to the end to find a locked gate. Hmmm. Remember Golem Tower...same idea folks!

So we did this with 3! I think if you could get a group of 4 it would be easier.

Hint: get one person to run to the next step, then everyone else teleport to that person. Splitting up spells disaster in most cases but I think you would be less likely to get pulled into the street....unless that is part of the instance?

Anyone who thinks this game is not challenging enough should just go try the Sunken City!
Hey don't worry I'm level 50 and I'm trying to get the dryad spell in sunken city but its so boring! I can't get through it. It also seems easier to get pulled into battles. I really need rebirth, but I have to finish dryad first. I just started Celestia, so I'm to into that too.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
Well, Since this is about Sunken City I have a question That deeply concerns me. Well, first i have 2 accounts. My 2nd acc is non member, and i got the quest hoping i was able to do sunken city to lvl her up, but it wouldnt let me in, same with crab alley, how come those to places arent allowed to non members?
Im trying to help my 2nd acc get to lvl 20. But its gonna be hard without crab alley and Sunken city D: Its just my concern of why these 2 places are the only ones that non members are allowed in.
~Balance Gal ~ :3

Squire
May 10, 2013
centauraven8990 wrote:
Have you checked under the waterfall? If you can't access this, ask somebody to take you there :D.

Christopher Emerald
dude, your life, not sun fire myth death storm balance.

By the way, Free-to-Play people may access this area, Pay-As-You-Go and members can unlock this

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
csillver on Sep 9, 2008 wrote:
Nice bit of info, in that regard to getting some people together: Is there a broadcast channel of chat that I am missing? Or should I just stand in the commons home point and shout my quest hoping for a reply...?
Ok well I was only on for a little and I know nothing about that so SEE Ya

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
Hello Fellow Wizards! :3 I have a question that deeply concerns me.. Well first, My main account DOES have membership, but i also have a 2nd account, but it doesn't have membership, and I am trying to get it to level 20, its at 17 so far, Because i have done every quest in WizardCity as Possible, EXCEPT. Sunken City and Crab Alley. It wont let me in them because i don't have a membership, and i was wondering why not have all of Wizardcity ALL FREE to non members. I was just wondering cause i really wanted to level her up, but it will be hard now. since You know, Lol Not allowed in Some Places, but this is just a question, you don't have to do any changes to the game, If you want :), but I was just wondering..

Thanks. :3 TayTay-

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Quizzical on Feb 8, 2009 wrote:
Going by max health by itself isn't a very good indication of how strong your character is. A storm wizard with 1000 max health might well be able to solo it. An ice wizard with 1000 max health is on the low side even for a group. It's not that storm is stronger; it's that in the above example, the storm wizard has maybe 15 levels on the ice wizard--and 15 levels is a big difference.
I have beat the sunken city with my friend and he was storm and I was ice so it was easy because he had the power and I had the life and when he died ( 2 times) he just teleported to me so yes bring your friends or you will possibly be defeated

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Blackdarkchocolate on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I have beat the sunken city with my friend and he was storm and I was ice so it was easy because he had the power and I had the life and when he died ( 2 times) he just teleported to me so yes bring your friends or you will possibly be defeated
Sunken city piece of cake

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I just beat it with some random wizard thank you random wizard LOL I'm trying to level up as much as possible to try Mt.Olympus again

Survivor
Sep 05, 2013
In case you're in a position where you feel you want or need to do this area solo before you become high enough level to get your AOE damage spell, here are some tips I've figured out for soloing Sunken City in the late teen range. I've been able to solo three Ice mages around level 17 through it using these strategies, although it takes longer than the 90 minute estimate given when you enter.

1. Make sure you are using the best gear you can afford for your level and school.
  2. As stated in other replies, be consistent in keeping an updated teleport spot marked at all times.
  3. In boss battles, throw all of your spells into staying alive while killing one or two opponents, then flee, heal, and use your teleport spot to return. Any opponents you killed before fleeing will still be gone, leaving you an easier battle each time until you finish the tower. (This seems to work for most dungeons, although it doesn't seem to work in Nidavellir so there may be others where it won't work either.)
  4. Keep excess junk out of your spell book. Only put in enough to finish a street fight or kill one to two opponents in boss fights. Anything else just keeps you from getting the cards you actually need. Also consider unequipping your wand and amulet to cut down on excess spell cards. More is not necessarily better in this case.
  5. Use potions after every battle to avoid having to get too close to the streets and risk getting pulled into extra fights. When you use up your potions, teleport to Commons, refill, then return to your marked teleport spot to continue.
  6. When traveling between Marla, the towers, and back, stay as close to the walls as possible. Having a mount seems to help avoid being pulled into battles from the sidewalk, also.