Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Killa567 wrote:
I was really looking forward to the advanced pet expansion, especially the hatchery. HOWEVER, after spending countless times feeding my pet and playing mini-games just so I can make it qualify, I find that it costs 80000 gold to hatch. This made outraged me. For one thing, I spent maybe an hour of nothing but mini-games, spending crowns for potions and such. And now I have found that I have completley wasted my time, since finding that quantity of gold is pretty much impossible. I demand this price to be lowered drasticly or to be completley removed. The constant spending of gold and crowns at random times just kills the fun out of the whole expansion.

Amen, and I totally agree. I do not think that getting a rare should be "easy", but half a month of playing and at the rate of drop that happens in this game. Then to buy a house. Price is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY to high. Besides that, I do not see why a pet should cost more than 50 houses. or even more than one at that. Not to say that people are going to do more than one breed for a pet to get variations. Then the training, You cannot trade them. You cannot trade foods to get the best for the pet you have.

WE NEED TO BAN TOGETHER AS PARENTS AND PLAYERS TO GET THIS SET TO A MORE FAIR AMOUNT.

This is Rediculous.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2010
ROFL (at myself).... So. I finally decided to try to hatch a pet. Decided to use a Crimsonzilla and an Earthwalker. Cost me over 106k gold, which I had to partially buy crowns, and sell stuff to get enough. I ended up with another Crimsonzilla, same stats. Complete waste of time and money.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/announcements/2010march24
I believe this is where most of us have gotten our false hopes with how the hatching process was going to turn out.
"Coming this spring, players will have the opportunity to hatch customized pets from millions of potential combinations"
LOL. Good one, KI. Ya got me this time....
And only through researching fansites did I find out the answer to the big question EVERY one seems to be wondering: "How do I get a hybrid LOOKING pet (as well as hybrid stats)?!?!?"
such as an orthrus with lightning stripes etc. etc. You fail to tell us anywhere this crucial piece of information.
And honestly, KI, if you are going to charge as much gold as you do for crossing "rare" pets, you need to give us a preview of stats and appearance.
Pet Derby: meh...
the leveling process: meh...
terribly slow pet energy refill? Sheesh. Put some green pet energy wisps in Commons, then.
Big old thumbs down on this endeavour, KI....

Survivor
May 21, 2009
ugh i am so mad i am trying to hatch my pet but i dont know how much gold i have to pay it not really a rare pet its my school pet wraith and idk whats wrong itsays i only have his amount of gold and nothing happens

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
well thats fine pro. gretrose but it seems to me that the price of hatching any pet seems to be the issue so whats going to be done about that. i mean really it cost an arm and leg to feed them so they can get to the point that you can hatch them with other just to find it will cost an arm leg and the shirt off your back and then some to hatch a "new pet". and in all honesty the benifit of raising them just dont see to be worth the effert. come on ive raised three pets to adult and got junk like +50 intel to them as a trate. that just stinks. trates should but just for the player in battle not the racing bit. you guys are making pets worthless. just something to look at. and it seems the sences is people are leaving the game over this. my son just bought a cat thoug thinking he was getting a card with it. just to find he would have to raise it beyond an adult to get the card. he is so mad he hasnt played in days

Explorer
Dec 18, 2008
See now one thing I don't get is why we're even paying gold? I mean yeah it's great that we can pay gold but shoot paying 100,000gs just to breed a Stormzilla and Wraith? Seems way to much, but also the cost for food? That's another 50gs at least, and thus creating 150,000 just to get it to epic itself and days as well, and not many people have days. I mean shoot it costs less money to just have a real baby. So why can't we just pay in crowns as well? I mean like 1,000 crown I mean KI it helps you guys money wise so why not? I mean I'd rather go out by 10$ card from Seven Eleven and just breed, rather then spending weeks at a time killing Malistaire over and over again, I swear I know the whole Cyrus and Malistaire yelling war by heart, so please save us all the time and random fights, just by making it also a crown thing as well. I mean I don't see how gold helps KI so why not crowns also? I mean just to raise two pets to epic is at least 300,000gs that's at least 6 mounts or 3 school house, I mean at least make hatching payable with crowns as well...and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this...

Michael SoulBlood ( Storm and Death Grand.)

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
can the price of hatching pls be subtracted to 10,000 gold because if not i dont think anyone will wanna hatch pets plus if you dont get what pet you want to have made then it will be so frustraiting :( :(

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
80,000 to hatch, and now your school pet does not even start with the 5% to power pip. My wife just got her death school pet and has trained it to teen ( for a 1% to damage I might add ). But still no 5% to pip chance, will it happen at adult? Should she waste her time training her pet just for the chance she won't get it? Not everyone is some 8 year old kid running around going " look at my pet it get a 1% to damage ". The school pets use to be school only, level 48 only, no trade. something you worked for, this is a joke. PLEASE fix this and just add NO MATING to the pet.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I agree that 80,000 gold is a lot for hatching pets. I know that you may come out with a rare pet, but for those who come out with something very similar to the two pets they started with it may seem to be a waste. I haven't tried it yet (still training my danger hound) but it seems like a lot of work to train them so much, not to mention that it takes a long time, and then still have to pay so much money to hatch a new pet. Maybe tone down the amount a little. I do understand though that it is still new, and like most things sometimes takes a while to work out the problems and make it better.
Destiny Dayflower
Level 27 Thuergist
Princess Callie (danger hound)

Survivor
Oct 09, 2008
Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
That is ridiceulous! 80,000 gold to hatch a pet?! I spent 75 dollars in crowns trying to get enough gold to hatch a pet and still don't have enough! What is the point, honestly, of having a pet if you have to pay so much to raise it and then hatch it?! And then to not even be guarenteed a different pet type when your done hatching! I have five children, two of whom have already graduated from high school, and didnt spend that much money raising them when you compare the pets to real life! Not a very good move for a game that is geared for kids! Thats really sad and disappointing! :x

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I just spent $140 yes, that's right, to merge two pets (over 100,000 gold pieces EACH player) and ended up with the SAME pet (storm hound) that I already had ... same bonus card and all!!!! I just sent a letter to the customer service center requesting a refund of those crowns that I purchased and had converted over to gold!! This was supposed to be a birthday gift for my daughter (thus the justification of the expense) but she is quite unhappy, as is her mother!! I had NO idea that the new pet hatching would cost this much and was not told in advance how much $$ it was going to cost! I only hope this reaches the right ears because this expense is WAY too much and is a very unpopular and possibly game stopping decision that has been made for what appears to be a quick rip-off scheme.

I will not be recommending this game to my students if this is the way the future of this game is headed!

Signed,
A very upset Mother and a disappointed Teacher!! :(

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Why did the developers remove the pets tab from the bazaar?

And I mean a GOOD REASON.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Can You explain the advantage of hatching.

:-o 1) No special pets.
Are you making new pets to replace the ones you are taking out off the pool.
:-o 2) Cost for hatching So high that you have to stop play normal and just farm money.
3 ) Zero guarantee of getting a good pet.
Even if you do get a good high number

4) Zero guarantee that it will get good traits.

:x 5) Very long hours wasted to age pet to see what you get. then start over because the pet was flop.

:-o 6) Most traits are just for the stupid pet race. (full of bugs)

What are the advantages??

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
i agree with the rest of you all i am lvl 50 and i too think it crazy just to hatch a a pet im not saying i dot have that kind of money but, why should i buy something that expensive when i already got a lot of pets i can get something better than that like a pet :x

Survivor
May 10, 2009
they should make the hatching less gold like who in the world is gonna hatch a pet for 80000 gold and maybe get the same pet they have,i think 20000 for rare pets,and commn pets should be 10000 thats a better price

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
I think school pets should be added to this list as they take alot of work to get and should keep some exclusivity.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
dood123456 wrote:
See now one thing I don't get is why we're even paying gold? I mean yeah it's great that we can pay gold but shoot paying 100,000gs just to breed a Stormzilla and Wraith? Seems way to much, but also the cost for food? That's another 50gs at least, and thus creating 150,000 just to get it to epic itself and days as well, and not many people have days. I mean shoot it costs less money to just have a real baby. So why can't we just pay in crowns as well? I mean like 1,000 crown I mean KI it helps you guys money wise so why not? I mean I'd rather go out by 10$ card from Seven Eleven and just breed, rather then spending weeks at a time killing Malistaire over and over again, I swear I know the whole Cyrus and Malistaire yelling war by heart, so please save us all the time and random fights, just by making it also a crown thing as well. I mean I don't see how gold helps KI so why not crowns also? I mean just to raise two pets to epic is at least 300,000gs that's at least 6 mounts or 3 school house, I mean at least make hatching payable with crowns as well...and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this...

Michael SoulBlood ( Storm and Death Grand.)

phew! at least i'm not the only one

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
danielswiffie wrote:
Dear Professor Greyrose,

I see that from this post if people complain alot they get there wish. Example: Jester on central post a poll bout not letting rare pets be hatchble, and the poll between dont allow and allow were pretty close, but because he is "in charge of central" or so it seems, he close the poll with dont hatch being the higher number. Now you post this. Hmm. Example two: people whine bout treasure cards scams, or treasures in pvp or bolts/chaining, now we are not allow to trade enchanted cards. There wasnt to my knowledge a post as to if players wanted trading with enchanted cards taken out. This makes me sad and even upset, my family also. We give our son enchanted healing cards and sometimes a few other spells for him to have fun killing the baddies. Plz tell what do I need to do to keep having things I love/like about this game being taken away because a few people have not master the attitude to just deal or find a soluation that they can live with, instead of changing the game for their own selfish way.

Should I email KI every week/day bout things I like? So in hopes will counter-act all the negative feedback which the company is trying to plz but making a fun game more and more restrictive.

I feel that because I am not "old player" my opinions and requests are not listen too. We (my husband and I) spend a good bit of money on this game too. But now that it seems that KI is "making" us play mini games to lvl our pets to epic, instead of being only for pet derby, maybe this is not the game I feel in love with in the beginning. Then you have to quest through the whole game and get lvl 48 all to be given an egg that takes 24 hours before you can even see it, that we have TO LVL to get the extra bonuses of that pet?! Lol that would be like you work for a week and on payday your handed a dollar to invest to make your deserve wages. I know this isnt the real world it is just a game, but this is a great game, just needs alittle tweaking, and lol some untweaking.

Sry for the long post, but had to speak up and let it out. Thank you for taking the time to read, I do realize you all are busy, and trying. :)

first thing i see wrong with this- the enchanted treasure cards were never meant to be traded, it was a mistake and they fixed it. i love how the owner used this quote, "if everyone is super, no one is," basically saying that everyone could use any card they wanted, then no card or spell would ever be special to a school. don't you like the fact that only you can do that spell, not the other schools? and still, if you DO want a spell, take a long time to train it with points :) ok, that is just one thing. now pets, they should ALL be hatchable. i mean, i don't like the fact that it cost so much, but since you guys obviously aren't going to change that, might as well make it worth it.

John DragonRider
Level 50 Necromancer
Warlord

(yes, i do support the no trading enchanted treasure cards)

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
As over many people who have posted here, I agree. The fun of this game has really been drained from us players ever since they made the new update. KI sometimes I wonder if you actually think about what all players think, not like (as I have seen before) complaining, which side won the pole, etc.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

Um, ok. So, if I'm at the right place at the right time with some extra cash in my pocket, it's ok to gain an advantage in gameplay. For example, if I happened to walk into Toys-R-Us while Wizard101 was offering a pet with DragonBlade, I could get one.

However, if I spend hundreds of hours online, helping other wizards quest, farming for pets, etc...I'll have NO chance of EVER getting a pet with DragonBlade.

And, somehow, this is how your customers prefer the pet system to work? That a lucky, priviledged few get to enjoy "game-breaker" pet abilities, while the rest of look on?

For the record, I've got two accounts and I've NEVER recieved a special promotion, nor have I EVER gotten an email which informed me of where to purchase "extras" that were offered for a limited time.

So, here's my question: What, exactly, does one have to do to be a "V.I.P."?

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
Can Someone at KI please tell all of us that worked our way through all those quest to earn our school pet why you took the +5% pip chance off the card. And at what age do we get the +5% to pip chance? If I have to keep playing these stupid games just to get it I want to know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Right about now RUNESCAPE with its less than par graphic is sounding better then farming for money to make a egg with my friends pre-update helephant. with no chance of getting that 5% pip chance. PLEASE let me know how much longer I have to play to get it?

Soon to go back to RuneScape

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Ok! SO let me start out with the prices! 80k. YES! I don't want to see people that are level 20 or something walking around with an orthrus that it took me a year to get. I am level 48 right now and I have 67k. I got 40k of that in one night. How? SELLING! I sold stuff I didn't need.

Second, I find the minigames fun, and if I get to mix my pet after a little while of playing to get something completely awesome like a storm orthrus, HECK YES!

Third, Death Scarab. I am very angry in the first place about giving them out in the marathon when I got up at 6 AM my time to get one of the original 100. Now you want MORE of them out there? No way. I think that should be added to the restricted list. Level 48 pets are perfectly reasonable, as long as you keep them to a price that they won't be completely common at. Thanks for your time,

Sean Emeraldweaver

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
ok so why is it so expensive for it to hatch. well 80,000 gold is a price i'd never pay to hatch a pet why does it have to be so high anyway. will there ever be a crowns option or something. and what if your pet could become your minion and cast spells by its self and have a health meter and all. hopfully you could heal it. :B

John Rubyspear : LVL 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
illuminatiee wrote:
firise wrote:
80000 for hatching something rare is good, it keeps a rare race rare.
1000-10000 would be nice for common pets to hatch.
Also I think leveling a pet takes too much time for the lousy bonus of +1% damage, or +9mana.

no 80,000 is not good all that means is that the people that have an unlimited amount of time to play or the people with the credit cards will be the ones getting them. not everyone has the luxury of nothing else to do except farm gold for hours on end or pull out a credit card to get a pet. I still say it should be brought down to 25,000-50,000. It will still take people a bit of time to get the gold together but low enough so that it keeps people interested.

I also think 80000+ is way too high. I hatched my helephant twice and got helephants both times in test realm. It cost the two of us players over 185000 total to get what I already had. So someone please tell me where is the rarity of this pet? Pets are now more expensive than your house and probably everything in it. I think Kings Isle has dropped the ball big time with this hatching thing. The cost of these pets don't even guarantee you a rare pet. Rare is something I've rarely or never seen. The pets like helephant, orthrus, stormzilla aren't rare and that's what I got when I hatched my helephant with another so-called rare pet. For this kind of gold, how about taking the time to create pets that are truly rare. I wanna see a helestromzilla, a winged horse, a powerful angel that does something so surprising it takes my breath away or something that will help me out in a dual when I'm losing whether I ask it to or not. I want a super hero pet! I want a talking pet. I want a beautiful pet with deadly powers. I want smart pet. I also want to know what pet I may get before I hit "HATCH". This gives me a chance to say, "no I chose not to spend my gold on this item". Why don't we have a choice here? Instead of taking the time to get really creative, they're taking the "let's make as much money as we can" route and not delivering.

Also, I have three frostzillas and one stormzilla and they're all the same spell. There is no difference except in color of pet. The frostzilla is nice blue color and that's it! This card is the regular stormzilla spell. You can't use but one at a time and you can't even trade it. What do you do with it once you get it? Sell for 400 gold? Where is this fair? Give us at least one more option here when we have more than one of the same pet. So what was point here? To see if we'd notice? I don't get it.

Another thing I'd like to address is the cost of leveling these pets. You play a game and feed repeatedly. The problem here is if you notice on the bars, a couple of these bars Max out before the others. When you play and feed, if points fall into these maxed out areas, you get no credit. Why not send that credit to a bar that isn't filled yet? So we're actually losing points big time here and in my opinion, its cheating the players. I think these bars need to be balanced better with same amount of points so when one maxes out, you're not losing most of your points to a maxed out bar.

I think what's happened with this pets is very similar to what happens when you got people creating things but aren't engaged in the process. In other words, I have to wonder if the pet creators even play the game. That should be a pre-requisite for any input on changing things.