Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Darkhole54321 wrote:
goldenheart387 wrote:

paying 80000 gold for the hatching process

Wow, thats pretty expensive...I haven't played with the hatchery because I am still training my pets to becomes adults.Is there a secondary payment with crowns or not?

Anyway,I have a few suggestions for unhatchable pets.I think any pet that came with a gift card should be unhatchable,in the sense that the player bought it with real money.(Especially the set that came with Dragonblade)

And a few others:

Summer Dragon,Death Beatle,and especially the level 48 pets.
why shouldn't level 48 pets be able to hatch my level 48 wraith when i mix it only makes a wraith

Survivor
May 26, 2009
:( ok i hatched my helephant with a orthrus and i got another helephant, but the other person got a inferno hound...arent they suppost to be IDENTICAL???....plz can you fix this and give me my inferno hound it cost me so much gold and so much of my time...by the way this is the 2nd time ive tried

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I totally agree that if you combine two different school pets you should get a hybrid pet. If I wanted a better Orthus I would hatch with another Orthus and hope to get better abilities/talents. I have an Epic Orthus that I have hatched with a Satyr 5 times. This has cost me over 300,000 gold ( 2 X at 100,000 before they lowered the cost, 2 X at 50,000, and once on the test realms using KI's gold ). All I want is a Jade Hound because I think it looks awesome. It doesn't give me a better card/spell like the Collossus/Orthus mix. All that I have to show for this time and effort is that i now have 5 baby Orthuses running around outside of my houses. I have become totally disgusted with the hatching process and do not recommend it to anyone. KI really needs to rethink this aspect of the game as it is driving more of the long time dedicated players away. If we spend this much time and effort on hatching, we should have more control on the final outcome.

Thank You,
William Dunewalker (Myth Grandmaster)

P.S. I am one of those long time dedicated players I mentioned as I have been playing this game with my two children since February '09.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
shaggyzon2 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

Um, ok. So, if I'm at the right place at the right time with some extra cash in my pocket, it's ok to gain an advantage in gameplay. For example, if I happened to walk into Toys-R-Us while Wizard101 was offering a pet with DragonBlade, I could get one.

However, if I spend hundreds of hours online, helping other wizards quest, farming for pets, etc...I'll have NO chance of EVER getting a pet with DragonBlade.

And, somehow, this is how your customers prefer the pet system to work? That a lucky, priviledged few get to enjoy "game-breaker" pet abilities, while the rest of look on?

For the record, I've got two accounts and I've NEVER recieved a special promotion, nor have I EVER gotten an email which informed me of where to purchase "extras" that were offered for a limited time.

So, here's my question: What, exactly, does one have to do to be a "V.I.P."?

That's a good question.
I wouldn't mind hearing the answer myself.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
Okay, KI, while I think that the pet update is a great addition to the game, I must say it is also going to be the reason I quit playing! I spend hundreds of dollars a year paying for my family's subscriptions and for crowns, and you (KI) seem uninterested in making it worthwhile.

Last night I hatched an egg from my Friendly Dragon and my Jade Oni. I knew I wouldn't get another Friendly Dragon...but to get a Buddy Dragon that is virtually worthless? You've got to be kidding! It took quite a bit of farming (and spending crowns to get items from chests) to build up enough gold. I would expect that the hatched pet have at least an equal value, but this wasn't even close. Get real, KI! I guess it's no wonder we have kids who have turned into beggers on the WC streets: why work hard to spend their own gold and crowns when they turn out to be worth nothing?

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
I tottaly agree i am in with banning this expensive price it may even take you a year to get that much gold i am one of those guys that walks around with a pet that makes you say wow what the heck is that? and then click and see what it's called and ask them how did they get it so i am 1 outta whatever people think this is a horribly expensive price the only way to get the gold fast is to get the 25000 gold bag that costs 2400 crowns i think so make it like 1000 or something i'm on your side count me in for the banning the expensive price

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
SnookumsMcSnook wrote:
I think Level 48 pets, and possibly the Storm Beetle and/or Death Scarab should be added to the list.
when you hatch a pet do the pets that hatched together go away or do they stay because if not i'm outta pet pevillion im gonna train my basilisk to ancient and high tail it outta there if so -joshua wraith lvl 50 balance wizard pet info: name:lord maximus pet: adult basilisk

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose

there's a pet sheep!?javascript:emoticon('');

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Ok, I understand special pets offered through special events cannot be duplicated. However, my understanding is you CAN use other pets, including the school based Lvl 48 pets. The price of 'hatching' has lowered (I paid over 40K) so that is a good thing. I think this is still too high based on my experience. I hatched my adult Storm Cat with a Death School Wraith. We both had to pay over 40K and both got a Storm Cat with no new special ability beyond the one my original came with. This cat is worth, if sold, 406 gold pieces. This is not including my time spent leveling up the original (I agree quite boring) or time spent fighting the boss to get the pet. At least then I got other items or gold that I could sell. Perhaps pets can level up when equipped during fights?

Don't think I will be spending any more time/gold to level up pet and hatching it if all I get is a copy of the original worth the smallest percentage of the cost to hatch it. Come on KI!

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
Hi my wizard is galen dragonsword level 50 and can you guys plz gift me a crabling pet i have been trying to get it from the crazed forest sprite for two weeks and i realy wont it so can you guys plz gift me one

Survivor
May 22, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose

i think this is kinda weird. like the lvl 48 pets can mix, say an orthrus and a saytr, and you get a jade hound! why cant i do that with any of those listed! and the prices are ridiculous. i may be a grandmaster but i am really poor with only around 20,000 gold! and its all a rip off and waste of time to me. especially for lvling up my pets and buying eggs.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2010

I like the idea of rare pets being hatched, just incase im gonna go right away to get them all while i can!!!

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
boleshaug wrote:
I totally agree that if you combine two different school pets you should get a hybrid pet. If I wanted a better Orthus I would hatch with another Orthus and hope to get better abilities/talents. I have an Epic Orthus that I have hatched with a Satyr 5 times. This has cost me over 300,000 gold ( 2 X at 100,000 before they lowered the cost, 2 X at 50,000, and once on the test realms using KI's gold ). All I want is a Jade Hound because I think it looks awesome. It doesn't give me a better card/spell like the Collossus/Orthus mix. All that I have to show for this time and effort is that i now have 5 baby Orthuses running around outside of my houses. I have become totally disgusted with the hatching process and do not recommend it to anyone. KI really needs to rethink this aspect of the game as it is driving more of the long time dedicated players away. If we spend this much time and effort on hatching, we should have more control on the final outcome.

Thank You,
William Dunewalker (Myth Grandmaster)

P.S. I am one of those long time dedicated players I mentioned as I have been playing this game with my two children since February '09.

I totally agree, i have tried to hatch several different pets just to get the same one over and over and over. If we are paying this much gold we should be guranteed a new pet. i'm tired of seeing everyone else have these cool pets while my daughter and i keep getting hosed on new pets everytime and wasting our gold. This is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too am a longtime player who expects more from this pet hatching.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
firise wrote:
80000 for hatching something rare is good, it keeps a rare race rare.
1000-10000 would be nice for common pets to hatch.
Also I think leveling a pet takes too much time for the lousy bonus of +1% damage, or +9mana.

well you can get some pets that give +51 health like mine, some stats they give are pretty good, and the price is only 48,000 gold is for like 2 lvl 48 pets.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
What pets can you mix with a death troll and what do you get? PLZ tell me its my only adult pet. :? i wasted so much gold cause i did combos that would never work

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
goldenheart387 wrote:
although i think it's nice that the pets get to do more in the game, i still think lvl up pets with those mini games is time consuming and boring. i believe it is best to have a separate quest for those pets which would be much more fun. the pets in your home can only run in circles in a small area which isn't all that fun to watch. they should be allowed to run around your entire home( inside and outside).

paying 80000 gold for the hatching process and ending up with one of the same pets we started with is ridiculous and a waste of time. be careful not to end up like other major games that started off with a bang and now are one of those dead games. you guys worked hard on it and won lots of awards but sorry to say, the recent updates are just not worth it anymore. hopefully Celestia will pull me back into the game cause nothing else so far is.

wow i cant imagine quitting w101 i like never take my eyes off the screen

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I have heard so much about something called a tempest pet, but i have no idea what it is, can someone please tell me what it is? TY!!!

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
amagicice wrote:
I have heard so much about something called a tempest pet, but i have no idea what it is, can someone please tell me what it is? TY!!!

a tempest pet is a pet that you get from hatching a stormzilla with a wraith. the other pet you can get from hatching stormzilla and wraith is a grimzilla.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
SnookumsMcSnook wrote:
I think Level 48 pets, and possibly the Storm Beetle and/or Death Scarab should be added to the list.
Your right. wiz101 is getting a bit boring. :( i mean before pet pavilion and mounts it was the best computer game i have EVER played. but your right they do need something to drag us in with. good luck kings isle

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
its not really fair that i have to pay all that gold :( i dont want to spend over 60 dollars in crowns just for a pet that i might not get
i really want want a jade hound but its not worth that much
-Mackenzie Starblossom lvl 39 life wizard

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
pet hatching is cool but I've seen other wizard with mixed pets and it just looks like the body of one pet with texture changes of the other! just like the enemy's! a lot have the EXACT same shape but texture changes but an "all new pet" SHOULD be a pet with an ALL NEW SHAPE and TEXTURE instead of plain old texture changes because I know that Kingsisle can do it! well that's all from me

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
Darkhole54321 wrote:
goldenheart387 wrote:

paying 80000 gold for the hatching process

Wow, thats pretty expensive...I haven't played with the hatchery because I am still training my pets to becomes adults.Is there a secondary payment with crowns or not?

Anyway,I have a few suggestions for unhatchable pets.I think any pet that came with a gift card should be unhatchable,in the sense that the player bought it with real money.(Especially the set that came with Dragonblade)

And a few others:

Summer Dragon,Death Beatle,and especially the level 48 pets.

The cost depends on the rarity of the pet. I mixed a Stray Piggle with a Piggle and it only costed like, 3500 gold.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Does this also apply with the Summer Dragon since that was a Promotional pet too?

If it does, can Summer Dragon be mixed to a hybrid?