Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

*~Death Students Club~*

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
blizzard71 wrote:
Saffron Mistbringer, Level 45 Necromancer, reporting for duty. XD
I aim for plenty of power pips with my extra stuff (y'know, rings and athames...) and go for health and extra defense/offense with all the other gear. Anyone else got any ideas on what we should look for in Death gear?

I am a heckhound addict (I have about seven in my [full] backpack at the moment). Favorite pets?

And on top of that, my secondary is Myth, but I keep going back to Niles for those spirit blades and traps...

Mark Shadowrider: lvl 49; Master of Death

As death, we have low health, weak attacks, and the most advanced strategie's out there. So, I try to reverse that, and build on the fact that we were meant to survive for a long time. I focus on (in order) health, resistance, accuracy, mana, damage, power pip, healing boosts. Notice that anything to do with strong attacks comes fifth and sixth on the list. That's because, I believe that since our larger attacks take a while to build up, we should focus on lasting long enough against storm and fire guys who can attack us with 800 damage in two turns easy! Then there's myth who can destroy our shields without a second thought, then strike with Orthurus. Life, ice, and blance are easy to defend against due to they're naturally weak attacks and small boosts (balance, requires some strategy due to weakness and spirit shields). Then, when we get enough boosts for an attack, we strike with a ton of damage, heal up, end in the lead. Also, since it takes so long for us to cast blades and traps, then we don't need so many power pips as storm and fire and the other schools who, to attack with full boosts tend to only have; one trap, one blade, and one global spell (with the exception of balance who also have a damage boost for everyone on they're team instead of a global damage boost).

Oh, and my favorite pet, wraith and all hybrids of it (the ones that give the wraith card).

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
hello death wizards! my best character is my death one, Amber Nightwraith. i'm a grandmaster necromancer. Death is awesome! My secondary school was storm for a long while but i changed it to life. :D . is there any official death club in W101? someone tell me so i can join plz!

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
mappy619 wrote:
Sup Death dudes name is Talon Skullblood levle 43 master necromancer i am in the fire school right now. I have been thinking of what school i should go to next. If anyone knows please voice your opinion

DEATH ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s sorry for spelling and gramer im German and i just learning English

(Amber Nightwraith) cool! its amazing that W101 goes around the world! hope to see you in the game! Death does rock! :D

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Spiral91 wrote:
How do you get skelton key and journal???????????tell me!!!! :Ptell me!!!!!!!!!

Amber NightWraith(lvl50): you have to defeat lord nightshade i think. DEATH ROCKS! :D

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
izzi250 wrote:
whats up i'm hunter legendwraith grandmaster necromancer my best move was on malistare i did 8,564 damage on him ( i almost slayed him )

How did you do all that damage
Tell me how you did it, please.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
death is awesome we have good spells like vampire and wraith that dont only do damage to the ooponent but give health back+deathblade does 40% more damage to death spells

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Dragonfire1010 wrote:
Valdus Shadowblood, Magus Necromancer, Sunken City Survivor.

Well, practicing the dark magic of death for a long time, I have to say that the life sucking spells are just a bit underpowered. I mean, wraith, our second best life stealing spell only does 500 damage... Sure, you should be boosting yourself with deathblades and deathtraps on the way to that staggering 6 pips, but it still seems a little bit underwhelming compared to the other schools' 5/6 pip spells. And also, this has already been posted, but why not spread it? I think that doom and gloom should be changed to +50% to all life stealing spells as its current effect is mainly only usable in the arena.

Anyways, to quote Malorn, "The death school is the best!" What's cooler than being able to control death? Other than controlling all the elements, nothing, I say. Necromancers are unbeatable!!!! :D

Oh and one last thing. What did you guys choose as your secondary class? I choose storm for some good solid damage.

I choose fire only because it has strong spells but doesnt fizzle as much as storm

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I am currently a level 30 Magus Necromancer who finally just got to Chelsea court to do the level 28 death school mission.

My wizards name is Fiona Dragonwraith.

:)

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
macquis wrote:
I am a lvl 10 Necromancer , and I love it !! I like the fact I can offset death spells with a storm wand and fire cat spell ring ( i believe or necklace-whichever one you know what I am talking about). But I still haven't chosen my 2nd subclass spells..I am thinking storm for the damage. It would be kind of cool to have a myth like pet that you can summon and help you fight...such as a skeleton or even a little goblin that cast spells. That would be awesome ! How bout even a spell that summons a big pile of bones that a goblin or DARK ELF sneezes in tornado fashion effecting the enemy.... or have the bones telekinetically swirl in a large circle and bombards itself on all enemies or just one for damage... maybe have it as a 3 -4 pip spell ?
Notsure-- just sharing ( that's what we here for )

Anyway -- love the Death Wizards !!

Amber N.= i just noticed your name is spelled macquis. are you a fan of star trek? i am! its awesome! any fan of star trek would no who the macquis are :P

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Mark Shadowrider: Grandmaster Necromancer, currently doing brisk breeze and the celestia preview quest;

I've been seeing tons of posts saying that we should have a different global spell, and I agree, but I don't think it should be a fifty percent boost, we already have a ton of damage boosts. So I say, it should be an advanced form of poison. It could do fifty damage or more (remember though, it goes on all duel long) to all players every turn (and yes, including us). Now I bet some of you think that's bad, it hurts us to, but it could be used to our advantage because our death only clothes tend to be resistant to death only, and give a lot of it. Our opponents, have to settle for smaller resist against all schools to defend (except for some clothes in the ds shop that give tons of resist to one school only). It would be a great shield breaker and provide an interesting new style of playing. Anyone else have ideas for a new global spell for death?

P.S. anyone got any tips or a guide for the tower, forgot what it's called, for the celestia preview quest (the one that has bosses that cheat like the brisk breeze tower)

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
:DAs an experienced gamer, I have to say that of all the games I have played, I have found mages/magic users to be the most fun and challenging and in Wizard 101 the most awesome type of player to be is a Necromancer. It is fun to use death spells as a method of defeating an enemy and the fact that healing is possible even at a low level makes it so you can avoid hanging with the Life students which are obviously our polar opposites. Alot of the bosses use death so they can be difficult to defeat but that just adds a different dimension to the game. Oh, btw, I am only level 18 in this game (Journeyman Necromancer) and my "minor" is in storm magic. I chose Storm for the power as others have stated but certainly not for the accuracy. My favorite so far is the Bat Lightening spell mainly because of the graphic. Overall, I think the game is well-done but seems a bit like Harry Potter. Great game for young kids.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2010
tisk tisk tisk, death is a good school but i would not say its the best, everyone knows fire is the best school, and i am not even a fire wizard! I am a storm, diviners are somewhat rare, sense most people think its awful, and i could not agree more, storm is terrible but thats why I chose it. you see very few people can make a wild bolt hit, not many people can match power and defense together, with the correct clothing storm's heath problem can be solved with ease, but i am not here to talk about storm, your all here it looks to be talking about death,javascript:emoticon(''); but i don't see it. What make it so special? I mean yes it can do a lot of damage at most times but think about it.Sense its the most popular school more people are going to choose it, which means more people just like you,javascript:emoticon(''); death's battle plans are one of the most simplest of them all, you blade yourself you feint and then your opponent dies, but if a myth wizard came along and removed your feint then it has no chance of killing, unless they have really low heath. all the other schools have better and more affective battle plans. javascript:emoticon('');Hey i am not saying death is a bad school i am just saying its not the best and never will javascript:emoticon('');. In fact I think that they should make more spells to disable this one and only basic plan because its not really a battle plan as much as just throwing your strongest spell with feint, other schools use defense or dispelling, it might just be me but i don't see a lot of death students using any of that. this post has mostly been facts, the sentences that have javascript:emoticon(''); and javascript:emoticon(''); in between them are opinionated,

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I am currently a lvl 46 Necromancer, working my way up. I agree that the Wraith is a little disappointing, but with shields and whatnot, it can be pretty awesome. It's actually my favorite right now. Can't wait to get to lvl 48!
My second school is Life as I seem to require more healing than the Ghoul, Vampire, or Wraith can offer me most times.
I love being a Necromancer! We have some pretty awesome stuff going on!

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
Samuel Ashstaff grand death
Valkoor Ashstaff grand myth
Mycin Ashstaff grand storm

As you can probably tell i'm here with my death wizard instead of any of the others, and i just wanted to get started on this, answer some questions people may have, (i'll get to them asap) and just talk about death :)

() ()
(='.'=)
(")_(") <-------- bunny o' death

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
darkarrow899 wrote:
heyguys its me again. im level 15 but im haveing trouble finding the way to nightside can someone tell me how?? Death school rox

you cant access night side until you are level 12 and finished wizard city

it is near rainbow bridge in the commons waterfall

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
my name is robert lightstrider journeyman necromancer level 16 1026 hp
94 mana

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
legojediboy1 wrote:
i think the death class is asome and i would recomend it to eny one.
i am alex bearcaster lvl 18 death wizard so friend me if you see me around. 8)death school is the best school.

:P 8) meet me in krokotopia, marleybone, or wizard city
robert lightstrider level 16 journeyman

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Delver
Jan 29, 2009
random1self wrote:
do we get another spell between doom and gloom and wraith?
empower

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
hi i dont know if i am allowed to give my real name so i will just give my death wizards name. hi i'm matthew soulthief i am lvl... err last time i checked i was lvl twelve... um. i'll look again soon anyway i am usually seen at krockotopia or wizard city ravenwood or death school. ok once i was gonna use sacrifice i didnt notice i had a blade and a feint and a death trap on me i completly got me busted and my friend used pixie right after i healed him i was like aww man! it was sunken city as well! :( but after i was like

ok this may not be death related but i have also got a storm/death student a balance/who knows what else! and finally my probably lowest lvl death/myth wizard

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
Welcome fellow Death Students. This is a place for you to talk about anything death! Share your thougts, adventures, your best moves, your funniest moments, anything! As long as it's death realated of course.

Please share your name, and your current rank as a Death Wizard. (If you dont know your rank, just give your level. Example of ranks are: Grandmaster, Master, Magus, Adept, ect.)

I hope this will bring the attention of our Death teacher, see what he has to say about being a Death teacher, and other stuff.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
likeluigi123 wrote:
random1self wrote:
do we get another spell between doom and gloom and wraith?
empower

thanks, but, i foresee it being as useful as doom and gloom.

I don't get the point to doom and gloom see as the time i see enemies healing are necromancers with ghoul and vampire (i've never seen a death AI use anything stronger than skeleton) and pyromancers with link. So when you half heal spells you're just shooting yourself in the foot unless it's doesn't effect heals from attacks.

It seems like it would make more sense to increase health gained from attacks.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
Kane Shadowbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer.

@ sillydillystorm: Death is not that simple. Death blade and Feint are the strongest buffs/debuffs that we have but it takes alot more traps and such to handle boss fights and such in PVE. As far as PVP is concerned the Myth ability to knock off all buffs is indeed dangerous but thats nothing different than any other class would face against Myth and it is also very easy to avoid. The Death student who knows enemy cards and how many pips they take is the Death student who is nearly invincible!

I don't remember the name of the student that asked how 8,000+ damage was possible but here is the answer. Death Blade, Spirit Blade, Death Trap, Spirit Trap, Bastilla's Deadly Choker Death Trap, Feint, Curse, will place you around 5,000 to 5,400(depending on your gear and it's damage% bonus).
How did he pull 8,000+ damage? Because of the damage boost you get when you use a Death Prism on a Death enemy!

What gear makes Death students awesome? This is pure opinion as far as I have experienced, but the answer should still be slightly different between PVE and PVP gear. Obviously in PVP you would want to focus on Health, Defense, and Power Pips. PVE is really more of an open book, do you play alone or with friends? A solo Death student would need a bit more health and would need those power pips quickly, where as the team player could focus on his damage bonus instead of health. Power Pips are... in my opinion... something that any Death student needs regardless of his style. This doesn't mean you should sacrafice 200+ Health or 2-3% damage for a single 1% Power Pip bonus, but you should still look at gear that at least has some bonus on it. I have noticed that in PVE we tend to hit so hard (therefore gaining so much Health back) that defense is really just something that would come last in gear-stat priority. I mainly say that because with the talent points we recieve and Death's ability to stand alone without need of a sub school's damage, the points can be spent on shields and Spirit Blade/Traps.

I have played all schools so far... Death seems to be the strongest without contest. Life was fairly easy when going solo but still nothing like Death. I know other schools can hit a little harder... but it really never makes a difference when I keep healing on every attack! Viva la Death!

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
random1self wrote:

I don't get the point to doom and gloom see as the time i see enemies healing are necromancers with ghoul and vampire (i've never seen a death AI use anything stronger than skeleton) and pyromancers with link. So when you half heal spells you're just shooting yourself in the foot unless it's doesn't effect heals from attacks.

It seems like it would make more sense to increase health gained from attacks.

I do see the point of doom and gloom now that i have seen that health gains from ghoul, vampire, etc do not receive the 50% that actual heal spells have. Though, it seems to be more of a PvP spell than quest spell.

[edit - i was disappointed in all of the level 40 hats, robes, and boots in the bazaar and found none of them were better than what i already had :( ]

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
Death is so cool! My death wizards name is Amber Soulhunter and she is level 18 , ii love being a death wizard bcuz I can attack and heal at the same time! Btw the spirit shield duznt block drain attacks (such a ghoul and vampire) . Idk if evryone knew this but I just noticed and wanted to make sure evryone death knew