Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
i feel that it is really how you use your spells

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
you totally got that right! :)

Survivor
May 11, 2009
I'm a level 22 Fire/Life wizard and most of the time, i've been soloing on the game. I'm currently on Krokotopia and it's rather tedious with the bosses. But for the whole game it's probably fire or death that has the best chance with solos. Maybe myth for their minions. Right?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
in my opinion i think there are 2 classes that i think are the best they are balance and fire because balance can use spells that can do different damage from different types like hydra attacking with fire ice and lightning or the chimera using death life and myth. i also say fire because of all the damage over time spells. so now that you know my opinion i can go and do stuff like maybe use Christopher icepyre to ~> start a war against the enemy

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
I think that it depends on your personal deck for me I have a storm deck with lots of power boosting spells and one mane damage spell (mines tempest). But don't forget to have other schools of spells in your deck for enemies that are the same school. I have phoenix, meteor strike, wildfire, and fire trap but you also need one that can do lots of damage for a small amount of pips like wild bolt. if you have a low accuracy school like storm I suggest you have lightning strike and accurate (given by dragon riders utility boots). Then you need to top it off with armor and clothes, I STRONGLY suggest getting a 5 dollar crown pack and getting the phantasmal raiment in the crown shop (its a tunic). The mane reason I suggest that is that it gives you 200 life that's the mane armor u need ill leave the rest up to u.

this is dragonsteel50 level 37 my secondary is

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012
I am a full on life student so I am going with life cause it gives you the best healing spells!

Jasmine Earth Walker Go Life! cya in the commons maybe ( in the troll realm )

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
Wizard101FanWiki on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
I find for mostly solo play. Somethings need groups but for most available solo play. I find Life being the best school, lots of healing. Myth is also good with all the minions to help you. Balance is fairly good especially with a high damage but low accuracy school like fire, ice, storm.
Not to be offensive on your post but fire doesn't have that bad of accuracy.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
dragonsteel50 on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
I think that it depends on your personal deck for me I have a storm deck with lots of power boosting spells and one mane damage spell (mines tempest). But don't forget to have other schools of spells in your deck for enemies that are the same school. I have phoenix, meteor strike, wildfire, and fire trap but you also need one that can do lots of damage for a small amount of pips like wild bolt. if you have a low accuracy school like storm I suggest you have lightning strike and accurate (given by dragon riders utility boots). Then you need to top it off with armor and clothes, I STRONGLY suggest getting a 5 dollar crown pack and getting the phantasmal raiment in the crown shop (its a tunic). The mane reason I suggest that is that it gives you 200 life that's the mane armor u need ill leave the rest up to u.

this is dragonsteel50 level 37 my secondary is
hey I'm back; yeah I think I came up with an amazing guideline for the game "Master your deck and you master the game"

I think that you can solo with any school it just depends on your battle style.
for fire a very effective way to win in boss duels is to use 3 fire elf spells then use phoenix or helephant.
for storm I suggest having one or 2 attack spells and then a TON of traps, blades, ect.
for life I suggest you be patient and chip away at their life slowly while healing often.
for myth summon the most powerful minions u can then let them do most of the work.
for balance I suggest using balance to boost your secondary school and using your secondary school to attack.
for ice summon a minion and use the reduce threat spell(its the one with the dove on its card) and just chipping away at their life.
for death use a lot of boosters then use spells like vampire that do damage and heal u.

dragonsteel50 lvl 37 "Master your deck and you master the game"

Survivor
Jan 28, 2012
The number one for me would be Death. Because of the attack and heal.
Hope this helps!

====Nathan SpellStaff
Level 63 Life
Happy Casting!

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
There really is no right answer for this one. All the classes are pretty good to solo with. From my experiences though I would say Myth and Death. Myth, because it's fairly strong, has decent health, and minions. Death because you can heal while striking some pretty good damage.

Alyssa Fairyheart
Level 80

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
also you should know minion's can be good or bad I know from experience the minion's are bad all they do is gives themselves shields, heal them selves, and rarely cast the boost threat to all enemies spell (the one with the skull) so if your storm DO NOT put them in your deck they don't even attack.

dragonsteel50 lvl 37 "Master your deck and you master the game"

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
this game is hard already you think they going fix it were they lose money ...just once wizard 101 make it good for the players ..please i spend alot of money here just like when you start a fight ,the ones you fight get all there pips but we don't have none thats not right to the player ..now is it ?

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
this game is hard already you think they going fix it were they lose money ...just once wizard 101 make it good for the players ..please i spend alot of money here just like when you start a fight ,the ones you fight get all there pips but we don't have none thats not right to the player ..now is it ?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
I'm a Balance wizard, and it some what hard to work with. But i also have an ice wizard and his secondary school is life, He is going through the game so fast i am in Azteca. So i would choose ice and life put together. You'll be virtually invincible.

IAN SKULL FLAME Level 61
AUSTIN TROLL SWORD Level 89

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Well any school can do well solo, it just depends on your strategy and spell deck. Myth has minions, Ice has health, life has lots of healing, death has the heal/damage aspect, storm has good damage, fire has DoT, and Balance is balanced. Whichever school of your choice will do fine, how you play the game is what matters.

And seriously, some of you people are just straight up calling their school Best and calling other schools terrible and not to be used. All schools have pros and cons people, there is no "Best School" however you are judging them.

Happy Spellcasting!

Survivor
Dec 05, 2011
Hey!

So, I don't think that the game is meant to do solo. Its made for us to meet new people online and develope new friends, but still i've would love to know if there were any way of doing it solo!!!

I think maybe death, because of the draining.
Life can last long in a fight,but it can be dificult to attack.
Fire has the " over time" spells, and they can be usefull to take out shields and they have some good spells.
Myth has some spells that can take out positive and negative shields and blades and that can be usefull in PVP.
Ice almost always win in PVP. they don't have many strong attacking spells, so its all about the blading and trapping. Otherwises its pretty good.
Storm has spells with large amount of damage, but low on accurasy. If you have alot of accurasy, you can maybe kill a boss in only one hit.
Balance have shields for all schools and have spells like weakness and manaburn too weaken the opponent. I'm not just saying his because i'm a balance wizard, but balance is a pretty good school with a lot of usefull spells and blades that can help you, and sinse there is no shields for balance, its not that difficult.

AmandaAngleeyes Level 53

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
SoupWizard64 on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
Well any school can do well solo, it just depends on your strategy and spell deck. Myth has minions, Ice has health, life has lots of healing, death has the heal/damage aspect, storm has good damage, fire has DoT, and Balance is balanced. Whichever school of your choice will do fine, how you play the game is what matters.

And seriously, some of you people are just straight up calling their school Best and calling other schools terrible and not to be used. All schools have pros and cons people, there is no "Best School" however you are judging them.

Happy Spellcasting!
ok you are awesome that's what im saying every school is good but it depends on you and your personality and battle style

dragonsteel50 "Master your deck and you master the game"

Survivor
Jun 08, 2013
Im not biased by any means, and i like all the schools for their individuality in battle and play.

Although, i have found things rather hard with a life wizard, you can get by.

Im a Life/Balance wizard, and im only so far, but it seems like a pretty good combination.

Also, Myth/Death work well, as i found out, or even Life/Myth, Balance/Death, really, anything goes, it just depends on how you play the game. You have to compliment your certain aspects! Play to your strengths and all.

Amanda DragonHeart, level fifteen.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
DizzyWiz on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
well i think the best class to solo the game with is death cause it have good life draning spells and one of them can heal you and not to mention there are shields to power up your attacks so you can restore more health.
i like to think that death and life are pretty good together you see i love both of those schools

Survivor
Mar 14, 2012
On my death I solo pretty easy, until I come to bosses. I usually have a storm friend help me. The two of use have done pretty good as a team. We both could solo and its easy for us to help each other!

Alex Night lvl 35
Blake LifeBlade lvl 90

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hello everyone.

To say about minions and solo wizard can tell only ones that have long expirience
in spiral. But ask yourself why dont i cast minion to lure boss to attack him instead
of me. For example: If boss is about to cast Levy storm spell and minion lure him to
hit him and not you what does that say to you? Minions are imagination of us
like power of seperate combat wizard but only that minion is 10% of you so think of
it as minion for attention not on you then on minion that minion is for not to cast strong
spells.

About solo wizard well if you complete game to level 90 look close which schools are
most seen in spiral if for example there is mostly storm boss or creatures then would
be smart to use Myth school right? Cause we all know that each school has boost
on some schools if i recall its 30% -- 40%.

Of all schools if Fire is involved then they have enough time to heal before damage over
time is done with killing. Truth saying i done solo Azteca before i saw comments about
lot of trouble with those creatures it was ok world block rate and critical is pain in neck
but rest was really fun.

Michael BlueBright, Myth Conjurer, Level 90, Technomancer

"Let the force be with you all"

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Headmaster Ambrose on Aug 20, 2008 wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

With a combo of Myth (school of origin) and Life, you can have minions attack for you, while you can both attack and heal. Myth also has a lot of spells focused on aiding your minion, as you can see from Tish'mah, at the top of the Krokotopia Secret Shop teaching only minion spells. All of his spells are myth, as you can see in www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Tish%27mah . He teaches Shield Minion (70% Shield to your minion, 0 pip cost), Buff Minion (40% balanceblade on your minion, 0 pip cost), and Mend Minion (350 Health to your minion, 1 pip cost). You can also sacrifice your minion for either health or pips. Draw Power sacrifices your minion for pips (gives 3 pips, kills minion, 1 pip cost), and Siphon Health is the same thing, but instead of giving you 3 pips, it gives you 400 health. And to top it all off, if you're Myth, all of those spells are free! With minions to aid you, I agree that Myth is an effective school. But, it's all a matter of opinion on what school is the best.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
FruitSmax on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
With a combo of Myth (school of origin) and Life, you can have minions attack for you, while you can both attack and heal. Myth also has a lot of spells focused on aiding your minion, as you can see from Tish'mah, at the top of the Krokotopia Secret Shop teaching only minion spells. All of his spells are myth, as you can see in www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Tish%27mah . He teaches Shield Minion (70% Shield to your minion, 0 pip cost), Buff Minion (40% balanceblade on your minion, 0 pip cost), and Mend Minion (350 Health to your minion, 1 pip cost). You can also sacrifice your minion for either health or pips. Draw Power sacrifices your minion for pips (gives 3 pips, kills minion, 1 pip cost), and Siphon Health is the same thing, but instead of giving you 3 pips, it gives you 400 health. And to top it all off, if you're Myth, all of those spells are free! With minions to aid you, I agree that Myth is an effective school. But, it's all a matter of opinion on what school is the best.
Thats correct and there can be found as Treasure Cards also its ( 80% shield, 50% balance blade for minion ) but with new update of spell called Dimensional Shift that shield and balance blade can go on your side to aid you. Only for myth and i am glad its that way.

Didn't change school even 3 years has pass i love myth i would say i master it

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
Myth because they have minions to summon, but I doubt they can solo dungeons like Sunken City or Kensington Park.
Kevin Moonleaf (Level 45)
Richard Summerblossom (Level 20)

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
Cynder1999044 on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Im not biased by any means, and i like all the schools for their individuality in battle and play.

Although, i have found things rather hard with a life wizard, you can get by.

Im a Life/Balance wizard, and im only so far, but it seems like a pretty good combination.

Also, Myth/Death work well, as i found out, or even Life/Myth, Balance/Death, really, anything goes, it just depends on how you play the game. You have to compliment your certain aspects! Play to your strengths and all.

Amanda DragonHeart, level fifteen.
well duh its hard to work with you pared a healer school with a booster school you didn't pare up with an attack school what you really need is ++ good accuracy stats= VICTORY