Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
9
I started with balance , ok attacks good defense and health and heals you can pretty much solo the whole game with it, however if I had to choose again I would had started with a Death wizard probably the best class to solo in the game period, I would say classes to solo : 1) Death 2) Life 3) Balance in that order I have all of them if you have friends to party with any class is good to play though.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2014
1
I have a lvl 70 necromancer and I'm in Zafaria now. In Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Grizzlehiem, Wintertusk, Wysteria, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, and over half of Celestia I soloed. I only occasionally got help when I needed it, but through all those worlds I soloed, and I have so far in Zafaria. So I'd say that death is the best school to solo with. I tried with life, balance, storm, and fire, death was the easiest.

~ Xx Jacqueline

Survivor
May 22, 2013
10
I started with a Myth wizard, and while the minions are pretty good and can help out a lot, I still found myself struggling. With Myth you have to save up pips if you want you're minions to be stronger, but all those turns you're taking damage.

Eventually I stopped using her and made a Death wizard and I have to say it's a lot easier. Death's attacks are weaker, but if you play smart and use blades and traps, as well as get gear that adds to your attacks, then you shouldn't have too much trouble. The best about Death is that you can attack and heal at the same time, which you can't do with any other school.

So I say Death

Survivor
Aug 28, 2014
1
I believe is the best for a solo due to the ability to self heal while dealing damage plus you have to remember that you can also get spells from other schools helping you but is also a good choice due to the fact you are able to spawn minions to help you which also don't bring in extra enemy's

These are the two I know lots of people solo ( lots of people solo with though)

Kind Regards
-Brady

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012
91
The best class to solo the game with would probably be fire.

The reason of which I think that is these simple reasons.

Once you're level 5, you fire elf one person, then hit the other person while the round is going on the other.
2, there's a lot of AOE/ multi attack spells in fire

Another class that I think would go good alone is death.
Once you're level 5, you ghoul one person, and you get health back. Then you ghoul the next person, and you get death back. Sadly, Soul something in, "The Hall of Champions" doesn't help. My level 15 is stuck there

I hope this helped!

~ Katie LifeSword Level 87 ~

Survivor
Aug 15, 2015
22
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
Defenitly Balance or Storm. Do not even try to go with ice, myth, or life. Fire and Death are in the middle, but I reccomend with all schools that if your going solo do side quests often so you get spells beyond your dungeons. Hope it helped!

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
396
I suggest death. You get a good amount of health, acceptable damage spells. You also don't need to heal yourself when in battle since most of the damage spells give you health back. To me questing were a little hard in Dragon Spyre, But after I got Scarecrow questing was much much easier. Over all Death is the way to go. Of course this can be argued against. But it is what I suggest and many others i'm sure. Also please note that the entire game cannot be soled. There are many hard dungeons which require the help of another player.
- Shelby Nightbreeze level 116 Death wizard

Explorer
Apr 06, 2013
55
Well, I have not played EVERY school in the game, but if it helps, here are some basic things on what every school specializes in!

Fire - There are a few DoT (damage over time) Spells, but otherwise, I would say fire is pretty normal...
Ice - I have not played Ice, but in my opinion, Frost Giant is a good spell!
Death - Death (my school ) has a lot of steal health spells, so you can damage and heal in one round!
Life - Life is of course the healing school! So, if you struggle with healing...try life!
Myth - Myth mainly has minion spells! You get your first minion after unicorn way in myth!
Storm - Storm does a lot of damage!!
Balance - I think balance focuses on blades, sheilds, etc.

Hope I helped!!

Survivor
Nov 25, 2012
3
Hmm let's have a breakdown....ok so in order to solo the game lets see what we need....SKIP TO END FOR ANSWER

Good damage/Or Decent Damage-Over-Time (DOT) (Obviously)
Good Health (EH....)
VARIETY OF SPELLS
Meaning that this school has AOES, DOTS, HEALS, HITS, HIT AND HELP SPELLS, SHIELDS, WEAKNESSES, WARDS
Good chance of critical
Good chance of having high resist
Good Pierce
Good Block
OPPORTUNITIES TO NOT CHOOSE!

lets delve a bit deeper into that last one, what do I mean? well, let's say you're a storm in mirage with like 2k health remaining. NOW, suppose you have a mantle on you (45%), thus decreasing your accuracy (Which I'll make 105%). so now your chance of fizzling is quite great. You have a hit that will kill if it lands or you heal. These are your options. Choose one and suffer the repercussions.

Now let's replace this situation with a death wiz or a fire wiz or a life wiz or an ice wiz. There are spells for each of these schools that hurt the target AND provide the caster with an ADDED BENEFIT. Death can heal, fire can heal (Link), Ice can shield (Weaver), Life can shield (Butterfly). These spells are necessarily no-brainers in these situations. Spells that can help and hurt are usually the best choice. A soloist needs these spells that provide the best of both worlds.

Looking at the crude list of needs that we need in a solo school, I can reach the conclusion that the best solo school is death .

Let's see why.
I've seen death wizards with high damage, especially with roadrunner or fortune wands. Along with them, with the right pet, these death wizards can have around 50% resist along with high damage. Furthermore, with the inclusion of either critical or pierce jewels a death can have a critical chance over 60% and a block over 300 with a pierce being more than 20.

Furthermore, a death wizard heals when they hit, we know this already. They can go full debuff, or tank with sentinel. They fit every role and they can personify it, by themselves.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
63
I major in fire and minor in storm, and I've been doing pretty well on my own so far. I'm in Avalon

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
119
For soloing, I would have to say storm. Yes, you may get defeated a bit more often, but because of the high damage you can get battles done quickly and quests done faster

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
7
If you are soloing the game hands down the best to do it with are fire, death, or storm.

Fire, is so so good if you're wanting to breeze through the game as close to a storm but not as low health as a storm, fire also gets meteor quickly making it faster a lot sooner than others besides ice, and balance.

Death, it is quite good, but it takes a while. When you get scarecrow the game is easier than ever, however flying through the game won't happen until you do get it, and also you will literally never die, it is virtually impossible.

Storm, probably the weakest link out of the strongest however, It has good damage... but it is very low on health and possibly resistance at certain levels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst to solo the game with, Life, and Myth.
Life, well I really don't have to explain why life is the most terrible school to solo with speaking that they don't get forest lord until level 58.

Myth isn't as terrible, but out of every other school it is among the weaker ones at earlier levels, hence making it harder to solo with.


Survivor
Jan 19, 2015
17
I've only played 3 schools enough to give decent opinions:

- My ice is only level 50, but wow, IT WAS SO EASY! Everything was so effortless, so much that I was almost tempted to solo Malistaire... and I probably could have done it too, if I wasn't so lazy

- I never had any real trouble with my fire. He's at level 100, and I only had to find groups for the harder dungeons and cheating bosses. Even then, I was able to deal with some of those cheaters solo (Belloq first encounter, Ponce de Gibbon, and Archmagus Lorkhan to name a few)

- I started a myth because I knew it would be tough, and I wasn't wrong. My myth is in Azteca now, and has been just as much of a solo rider as my fire was, but the lack of a good strong AoE makes things harder. Frog is still an MVP, but we'll see how much longer that lasts.

Bonus... was my first wizard and I was so clueless about the game. I did still manage to solo through Dragonspyre though, and my masochistic self even soloed Sunken City at level 14 (by killing one mob, dying, killing the next, dying, etc...). Something I will NEVER do again. Says something about the death school though.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
40
Kilajula on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.
Agreed, I've soloed a lot in my ice and I'm still currently soloing on most things, but I'm always happy to work in a group.
Amber HawkSong 97

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
40
firebat23 on Jan 17, 2017 wrote:
If you are soloing the game hands down the best to do it with are fire, death, or storm.

Fire, is so so good if you're wanting to breeze through the game as close to a storm but not as low health as a storm, fire also gets meteor quickly making it faster a lot sooner than others besides ice, and balance.

Death, it is quite good, but it takes a while. When you get scarecrow the game is easier than ever, however flying through the game won't happen until you do get it, and also you will literally never die, it is virtually impossible.

Storm, probably the weakest link out of the strongest however, It has good damage... but it is very low on health and possibly resistance at certain levels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The worst to solo the game with, Life, and Myth.
Life, well I really don't have to explain why life is the most terrible school to solo with speaking that they don't get forest lord until level 58.

Myth isn't as terrible, but out of every other school it is among the weaker ones at earlier levels, hence making it harder to solo with.

Yeah, it's been pretty hard to solo on my life who is currently LVL 52. When I quest in WinterTusk and sometimes in Celestia, I use forest lord tcs. The sun enchantments are making it a little bit easier though.

Amber HawkSong 97
Grace GoldenGrove 52

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
6
To be honest I will say straight off the bat, do not solo with or . Because is really good at healing and good at teamwork but, to be honest it doesn't attack well. You do not want to chose either, because quite frankly, it is almost exactly like life in attack except it doesn't have a prism move, and it is really only useful for others in combat because it will blade well. And for those of you who say you should solo with , you are wrong. You mention how it can hit and heal. You are forgetting that in each deck you can use up to only a specific number of cards. So really, you generally might run out of cards. But can solo because of feint. would be an okay choice because it has a lot of health and defense but will not really attack that much. is a good choice because you can stun people and you don't fizzle that often and do a decent amount of attack. I would say is almost above average in every type of skill a school could have. is a great choice to solo the game with because in the beginning it won't fizzle too much and as you go on you can get armor that will increases your accuracy. It attacks a great deal and will be useful when it comes to questing/teaming too. And last but not least, would in my opinion be the best choice (not because I play one because the guy is my last one available and I like it the best) because it attacks a lot with good blades such as supercharge and useful moves. I often hear the excuse that it fizzles a lot but to be honest, you will over time get armor that will increase their accuracy. The only disadvantage would be that it doesn't have that much health but since it attacks so much, you should be able to defeat the bad guys in a jiffy. (Also, I am not being steryo-typical because, to be honest I really think this and have maxed each guy so when you say I don't know, remember... I DO)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
36
I don't know why people say life is hard to solo. I've got a max fire and a lvl 96 life and I'm literally walking through things on my life that I had a heck of a lot of trouble on my fire. Heck, I even have a fair bit of ease against other life opponents! Life doesn't hit as hard or as fast as some of the other schools, but you have a much better chance of survival and can usually take the time you need to buff up enough to hit. It's not a speed school by any means, but if your playing a life you should probably be a patient person anyway.

It also helps if your going to solo life to focus on both incoming and outgoing, have a good attacking/healing pet, and put in the effort to get the good gear. Having full sets of the best gear really make the difference. And again, patience, patience, patience! If you have no patience or you want to show boat you probably shouldn't be playing a life in the first place; what with the fact that you'll usually be playing the healer role whenever your in a group, anyway.

As for those who mention the aoe problem with life. It's called the Timberland Yeti pet, lol. You can buy those in Polaris if you have a higher level wizard, (or someone that will let you port,) and many people have them so there's a good chance to hatch for one. They come with a blade AND Forest Lord! They are great for that time before you get lord yourself. Though, once you do have lord, I'd recommend getting a Dryad or a Forest Beast; due to the fact that you can't buff pet cards so you don't really need the yeti's lord anymore. Also get a pet with a blade; Blade stacking is your friend.

Fire can be kinda hard to solo. They have more health and defense then storm, but are still fairly frail. In places such as Azteca, I had to team up A LOT they hit so hard and fast, you can't even heal yourself that quickly and build up to hit! Whereas, on my life I walked through those battles because I could survive and buff at the same time, easily.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
245
ansonoff on Feb 4, 2017 wrote:
To be honest I will say straight off the bat, do not solo with or . Because is really good at healing and good at teamwork but, to be honest it doesn't attack well. You do not want to chose either, because quite frankly, it is almost exactly like life in attack except it doesn't have a prism move, and it is really only useful for others in combat because it will blade well. And for those of you who say you should solo with , you are wrong. You mention how it can hit and heal. You are forgetting that in each deck you can use up to only a specific number of cards. So really, you generally might run out of cards. But can solo because of feint. would be an okay choice because it has a lot of health and defense but will not really attack that much. is a good choice because you can stun people and you don't fizzle that often and do a decent amount of attack. I would say is almost above average in every type of skill a school could have. is a great choice to solo the game with because in the beginning it won't fizzle too much and as you go on you can get armor that will increases your accuracy. It attacks a great deal and will be useful when it comes to questing/teaming too. And last but not least, would in my opinion be the best choice (not because I play one because the guy is my last one available and I like it the best) because it attacks a lot with good blades such as supercharge and useful moves. I often hear the excuse that it fizzles a lot but to be honest, you will over time get armor that will increase their accuracy. The only disadvantage would be that it doesn't have that much health but since it attacks so much, you should be able to defeat the bad guys in a jiffy. (Also, I am not being steryo-typical because, to be honest I really think this and have maxed each guy so when you say I don't know, remember... I DO)
Balderdash. Any school can solo fine. The school in particular works very well. You need to approach battles differently than other schools, though.

With power pips maxed out (easy enough to do), spamming enchanted Sandstorms will wipe out your enemies in any regular fight. Cast your damage aura, then hit all enemies until they're gone. Fill in with a wand hit or two if you need pips.

Against bosses, stack up feints. Trained, item card, and treasure card feints make almost every boss an easy win. Some cheating bosses and bosses may require different tactics (Spectral Blast, mainly), but no more so than any other school.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
247
RikkuTakanashi on Feb 24, 2017 wrote:
I don't know why people say life is hard to solo. I've got a max fire and a lvl 96 life and I'm literally walking through things on my life that I had a heck of a lot of trouble on my fire. Heck, I even have a fair bit of ease against other life opponents! Life doesn't hit as hard or as fast as some of the other schools, but you have a much better chance of survival and can usually take the time you need to buff up enough to hit. It's not a speed school by any means, but if your playing a life you should probably be a patient person anyway.

It also helps if your going to solo life to focus on both incoming and outgoing, have a good attacking/healing pet, and put in the effort to get the good gear. Having full sets of the best gear really make the difference. And again, patience, patience, patience! If you have no patience or you want to show boat you probably shouldn't be playing a life in the first place; what with the fact that you'll usually be playing the healer role whenever your in a group, anyway.

As for those who mention the aoe problem with life. It's called the Timberland Yeti pet, lol. You can buy those in Polaris if you have a higher level wizard, (or someone that will let you port,) and many people have them so there's a good chance to hatch for one. They come with a blade AND Forest Lord! They are great for that time before you get lord yourself. Though, once you do have lord, I'd recommend getting a Dryad or a Forest Beast; due to the fact that you can't buff pet cards so you don't really need the yeti's lord anymore. Also get a pet with a blade; Blade stacking is your friend.

Fire can be kinda hard to solo. They have more health and defense then storm, but are still fairly frail. In places such as Azteca, I had to team up A LOT they hit so hard and fast, you can't even heal yourself that quickly and build up to hit! Whereas, on my life I walked through those battles because I could survive and buff at the same time, easily.
I'd recommend an Enchanted Armament pet for more advanced players, though I'm not sure that's needed once you train Sharpened Blade and Potent Trap unless you were Balance.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2017
3
Difficult question, everyone has their prefences but I have to say Life.
— iridian