Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
Headmaster Ambrose on Aug 20, 2008 wrote:
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

I agree with Professor Ambrose. Myth is most likely the best. If not, then try death because of their health drain spells.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Fire/death with death ammy works pretty well. Myth also sounds like it would work great. You are doing something every turn, because Myth has a really large stable of low-pip and 0-pip combat tricks. Third would likely be Fire/balance, myth/balance, or balance/something high-damage.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
There is not a exact class best to solo with. It kinda depends what you like and what you are good at. My bests are ice and storm but it may not be your best.

Valkoor Star

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
chrisbot94 on Aug 19, 2008 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D
soloed through the game with a balance to promethean, then a death. death was easier...working on an ice she can solo too. three best schools imo :]

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
hmm i think every school can solo (sometimes they call themselves weak for some reason lol)

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
i think myth storm ice death or fire either way you might not solo xibalba (sha booboo) its quite the challenge but best to solo is probaly storm tips for xibalba duo storm life trio life storm ice full dungeon ice life storm fire only get ice if they got avalon crafted gear : winter tribal coat and horned helmet and frost wanders (crown shop)

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I have found that my ice/storm combo works out well. Got to mooshu without help. The high health of ice and its defence spells makes sure that I do something every turn. Then the storm can out put a lot of damage without getting to low in accuracy like fire does.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
Sisi59 on Jun 27, 2009 wrote:
Hmmm...... since me being a death student I would have to say death because you can drain health from your opponents and give you half of that. I have also seen a lot of Balance students being able to solo. Sometimes I also think it would have to do with your secondary school and if you have two strong schools together then you might be able to solo. Also it would be good to have all different types of treasure cards too. Like if you were to play a myth person and you are life and fire have storm treasure cards.
'Ey its brand here, and i say that Ice is the best, you can take a ton of hits and if you know how to use ice right you can do 10000! (i say that because i once did it with a lot of blades and a critical) Ice is also not to over-used. so you dont have to worry about annoying monsters and prism spam!

~Brand Thunderweaver

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
darksorcerer579 on May 10, 2013 wrote:
i think myth storm ice death or fire either way you might not solo xibalba (sha booboo) its quite the challenge but best to solo is probaly storm tips for xibalba duo storm life trio life storm ice full dungeon ice life storm fire only get ice if they got avalon crafted gear : winter tribal coat and horned helmet and frost wanders (crown shop)
i am fire but i try others i am working on storm atm eventhough they have low they get it done FAST

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
I say death. The ability to "steal and support" alone makes the death school stand out. Also the school has many prep spells, allowing a player to build up unleash an unfathomable amount of damage. Earlier today, I hit 5212 damage with all my current wards, the Sun spell Colossal, and no critical; using Skeletal Pirate. For my level (35), that is pretty high. Even though i recommend Death as the best school to solo the game with, it's still very wise to have some friends to back you up.
-Jonathan Shade, Magus Necromancer

Survivor
May 31, 2009
It is about working together to win and beat the game a single person can not do it all alone that is how the game was made lol

Survivor
Dec 17, 2012
Well I will think the best magic school for solo the entire game is between myth life and death all of them are capable because death can drain and heal myth can summon minions to aid and life has really good healing spells and it normally never fizzle

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
I've noticed that my balance friend ten levels below me is better than me at pretty much everything in the game. Balance finds the perfect balance between all of the schools besides the astral. it's just the right amount of overpowered to get the job done no matter how many people there are.

Explorer
May 06, 2012
storm.you need to do storm.it has the best and strongest atacks.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
I saw a lot of posts and didn't have time to read them all, so sorry if someone already said this, but its not the school that matters when trying to solo the game. It's how you play. How you set your spell deck, what gear you use and well, a little bit of luck with the fizzling, getting the right spells at the right time, and who's turn is first in a battle. It is always easier in a team, however if this happens to not be an option to you, simply try your best and cross your fingers for a little luck.

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
Kilajula on Aug 18, 2008 wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.
not trying to be mean but balance can't solo we have to many blades and not enough shields at high lvl balance is meant for groups of people

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
there isn't really any school that could solo the whole game. there are some really hard to beat bosses in some worlds like Avalon and Azteca. but if I had to choose, I would choose either life or death school. death can drain enemy health and get half of the health back, and life can heal lots. plus both schools have nice attack spells. hope this helps a little.

Survivor
May 22, 2011
In my opinion Death cause death can heal,attack,steal and sacrifice many things to get manythings Plus they can summon different minions with the same spell

Survivor
May 02, 2012
death is one of the best to solo with. the only times i actually needed help was celestia and the mirror lake. sti haven't beat avalon or azteca yet so i can't promise anything.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
1st school would be ice, it has high accuracy, and my secondary school is fire, high damage, every enemie, awesome spells :P

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Myth. Because, while fighting against mobs can be very hard, bosses are easier. I have no idea why, but it's true.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2010
Of course some quests you can't solo on. But out of all the schools, Death is the best one. I'm a Death student and I've been soloing my quests for a while. The reason why Death is the best choice is because it hurts your enemy, then gives you back half the attack in health.

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
There is no best class to solo the game with

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
MrSwagginBaggin on May 11, 2013 wrote:
I say death. The ability to "steal and support" alone makes the death school stand out. Also the school has many prep spells, allowing a player to build up unleash an unfathomable amount of damage. Earlier today, I hit 5212 damage with all my current wards, the Sun spell Colossal, and no critical; using Skeletal Pirate. For my level (35), that is pretty high. Even though i recommend Death as the best school to solo the game with, it's still very wise to have some friends to back you up.
-Jonathan Shade, Magus Necromancer
That means you used treasure cards then if you are using thinks like colossal. How do you even have critical o. O

Though you are so right in death. When you can do 200k and get half of that back, that is truly boss.