Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
honestly, there is no godd soloable school. Since a necromancer is death, ( spoiler alert ) malistaire is death. So, malistaire would resist any death attacks. Also, carry different school amulets. For example, get a cyclops amulet. If you get amulets, they help kill a boss of your school.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
To be able to solo the game with a particular school, you really need to know that school inside and out. What works and what doesn't is the key in figuring out strategy to help you win.

I can't say there's a best class to solo the game with. It depends on the wizard and how they use their school. My Ice has soloed every aspect of the game, including the side dungeons (Briskbreeze, Warehouse, Tower of the Helephant and Waterworks), and against the main baddies, Malistaire and Morganthe.

I did work hard to make my Ice the tank she is. She can take a licking and keep on ticking in any situation. I do love my other wizards, but my Ice is the fave.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Ok, let me get this straight.The real best school to solo with is death/balance.Be death and train balance guys.Death and balance get their higher pip spells first.Also death has infection which is good in pvp.So defiantly death/balance.

Tyler Legendfriend (i have myth as secondary not balance)

Survivor
Jan 21, 2013
PLEASE everyone will argue with this question... eh whatever. i personally think that every school is good.... but balance and myth is the best

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
It may not seem like it now cause in the beggining its different but as you get higher and resists matter more then before i would reccomend balance because it is a good school and most of the bosses are not balance

Survivor
May 18, 2010
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
To me, I would say ice because they get a bunch of resist, although they don't get as much damage. Battles would take longer, yet you won't have to worry about having to find another person to help you, unless if you like the school you have, and you have crowns, just buy henchman every time, or put treasure card animates in your deck. Hope this helped!

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
HaHa, Well It's SOOOOOOOOO The Ice School, Gives you higher health stats!!!!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Fire totally. You can move through the entire game quicker than any other school. Or at least in my experience out of all the schools ive played through my fire was the fastest and most efficient.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2012
There is none. All games have their reasons, as many people have said.
If you wanna use strategy and boosts, get balance.
If you are into healing and being generous, get life.
If you are into having help whenever you want, get myth.
If you are into getting extra health back when you attack, get death.
If you are into Over time attacks, get fire.
If you want high health and resistance, get ice.
If you wanna be an attack beast, get storm.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Theres not really a specific school that is best to solo but i think ice, storm, or myth.

Back in my noob days i made my first life wiard, and how noobish i was, i couldnt beat the harvest lord!!! (i know i know lol XD) I quit for awhile until i made a myth wizard and tried, summoned troll minion, then BOOM I DID IT!!! Now i know how pips work... XD. Ice has lots of health and tower shield and resistence. Very defensive!!! Also storm is all power. I soloed shirtiki temple on my storm wizard!!! (cant spell)

Theres really no school that is #1 they are all equal but it depends what your plan is: kill asap? or span shields then attack? summon minion? heal constantly? It really depends on the person i think

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
It doesn't really matter! They all have all of their quirks, weaknesses, and attacks. Storm is best for attacks but lacks in defense and it also depends on YOU!

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
I would say necromancy, because it is average attack but also small healing.

Survivor
May 31, 2011
Probably ice or storm!

Ice has high health and weak spells but can make it.
Storm has high damaging spells and low health, they can kill the enemy easily however need to heal often if the enemy has high health.

Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
i heard from one of my friends that the undying malistaire has 100% resist for life and death. Life can still be a secondary school for the healing, but i wouldn't reccomend it for the entire game. I wuld personaly use fire, which can attack, heal, damage over time, and be pretty accurate in the prosess.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
personally I think there is no "best school." When i started the game i had a level 30+ storm wizard helping me so i adapted my deck to group and solo at the same time.

Survivor
May 13, 2012
well ive tried several combinations. i dont have friends or family to join me and help and sometimes in a place like big ben i have to look around and ask for help. at the moment i am leveling up a myth wizard. and thanks to some tips from a level 90 player she is doing good. myth with death and a couple of balance spells thrown in. use a small deck healing spell wards a menion and load up on giant and monsterous treasure cards and use them with the frog and blades. the best spells are ones that do group damage and can be boosted. as you know balance is the hardest to fight and unless you have tower shields dont even bother with wards. loading the right treasure cards before you fight is very important in any wizard

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
Death has to be the best school to solo. You hit, it heals you, and you go on to the next guy. Its that easy you just have to use the right spells.

Edward ShadowHammer Level 90

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Primary School: Life And Second Is Fire Because When You wanna attack you use fire but your are very low of health then use Your Life healing cards Hope This Helped

~ Ian GiantBlade

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Honestly I think the best solo with is life.My first wizard is a fire wizard and he has low health but good attack and soon when i get satyr i'll be able to solo myself. soloing is hardrarely i use a henchmen (but 90 percent of the time i can prevail bymyself) sometimes i can get lucky and fight a couple of hard bosses bymyself.I think that soloing is not the best way to do quest.I think you should fight in a group,one balance,one life,one ice, and one storm.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Hand's down the best solo class would be death. You don't need a mastery to do amazing things. i.e in todays game soloing waterworks, helephant tower and even the final areas in AZ no problem. we are talking with a good pet and end game gear as well.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I have to say Life, Why? Because I am a life and i soloed Things very very easily! Cause most life's heal allot but i am more of the attacker Of course when i was dying I healed, and i had awesome healing boost so it came in handy

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
It all depends, there is no easiest school for everyone but for individual people, everyone has their own type that works for them. For me, Storm was the easiest to solo through the game with. My character is currently in Dragonspyre and he had a pretty good time going through the game by himself so far. Using him, I was able to complete the Labyrinth without dying. At lower levels he managed to complete Big Ben on his own and at level 39, he beat the Jade Oni by himself.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
I vote death. They can shield if they train right, have tons of blades, and can normally kill in one hit if fighting a boss. They can also heal, and most of the time leave each fight with full health

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Ice works very well. You buff and bide your time for buffs then pick them off SLOWLY, and that is a KEY word lol. It takes awhile, but I solo just fine.