Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 05, 2008
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

:D Balance is they way to go! I have to balance one that i did with friends thank you very much, and one that i did mostly all solo. ( made it to dragonspyre in three days on that one) the trick was to help others with there quest so as to level then go baack to your own, as well as trading cards :P have friends you can trade with even if it is only to trade cards between your own charicters

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
I've soloed the game so far. From Wizard City to Dragonspyre. The only place I haven't gone through is Kensington at Marleybone. Three opponents at a time with 2000 hit points each and not even a boss, that's pretty tough.

Having a hard time getting to Malistaire right now. Some of the fights are four monsters with 1000+ hit points. I can take out three but I usually succumb to the fourth.

Not giving up though, I'll figure it out and eventually get at him.

Oh by the way, am a lvl50 Ice wizard. 8)

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
I am a Death/Life guy which is okay for battling up to 2 apponenets. However when you have 3 or more like Sunken City or Karnahak barracks your done. For those a Fire, Balance or Storm wizard is best. I think you can do solo with anyone it just depents how long it takes... I just beat a Level 10 boss in MooShu with 8000 life (in the Tree of Life instance) by my self, granted it helped that he was Life and evey one of my Death attacks was boosted.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
Level 41 now and most the way through Mooshu. I'm Storm/Fire speced. Have all currently available spells for my level and have not found a place I could not solo. I've actually found Mooshu to be to easy right now. I've yet to die and just beat up the big Wave feller and his pig friend.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
best best schools to be for solo imhi are Balance, Death, myth. Storm ok but they fizzle alot in key battles so your going to die a lot.

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
I have just started Krok world and have soloed the whole game so far (except for a few enemy encounters where people would jump into my battle) with the exception of Sunken City (haven't tried). I've been using a Balance/Death wizard and have only died once (caused by bad luck and a few bad card choices). All of the bosses so far have been easy, so I'll try to solo the whole game.

Duncan EarthTamer
Journeyman Sorcerer

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
I am a necromancer and i like this class alot because they have realy cool cards but i got to say the best class to go solo in is balance because they are a little bit of every thing death, storm, ice, fire, myth, and life.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2009
Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
critterkins wrote:
Ice is definetly not solo! I would say death also.

Ice is good with defense, and Health, but I honestly think Life/Myth, Life/Balance, or Life/Death. I am a new player, sorry if I'm wrong.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
i say balance is a good solo, but i think the FUNNEST is LIFE lol life is kewl balance is just best to solo i am just finished with krokatopia and i soloed it ALL

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
in my opinion the best school is storm i go by the way the schools are placedd like storm,ice,fire,myth,and then life i think life is last bacause it mostly heals you so if your a life wizard i think it is best to have storm as youer secondary school because it is strongest in my oppinion

grace dragon rider

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Kilajula wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.
same
ice wizards are most for soloing i used to be an ice wizard but my account got all messed up so i started a storm wizard but for most of the time in krokotopia i was always soloing so in my opinion ice is the best school to be

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
im not sure, but i say ice. ice has a lot of health. sure its weak but thats why i have crown gear. (crown gear is gear that gives cards). but they got rid of it. . worst part about the update.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I'm a Pyromancer with Storm and Death secondary (yeah I screwed up and got too many secondaries). I also have the level 1 myth. Even though I wasted all these points, I can solo almost anything without any problems. I can almost solo the nightside instance and I can handle 3 wraiths at a time without the meteor storm spell.

I have my spells set up to fight tooth and claw to stay alive, every spell in my deck is either about doing raw dmg, or healing, or both.

I left out all of the 1 pip attack spells and have only 2+ pip ones. I use mostly link, ghoul and the fairy to stay alive, I use some shield spells depending on my opponents, and my fire bird spells to do dmg along with some other spells on my equipment.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Probably Myth for good hit rate and good damage, but I am not totaly shure.(I am still going solo with Death and about halfway through Kroktopia.)

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
One thing that I know is that if your not Ice, don't learn Ice spells. The main thing that Ice has got going for them is the fact that they have the highest HP out of any school, but on the other hand they have the lowest atack power.

You want to hear a realy bad combo? A storm wizard who only uses Ice spells.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
camowiz wrote:
One thing that I know is that if your not Ice, don't learn Ice spells. The main thing that Ice has got going for them is the fact that they have the highest HP out of any school, but on the other hand they have the lowest atack power.

You want to hear a realy bad combo? A storm wizard who only uses Ice spells.

Yes, that is very true. It isn't very smart for anyone of any school to use Ice spells as their second. Our spells are extremely low. Colosolous only hits about 600. And storm especially shouldn't use ice as their second, since they will have the low health and low hits. I'm warning everyone now: Don't choose ice as your secondary school! A good combination would probably be an Ice wizard with their secondary as storm. That way, they can have the power and the health at the same time.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
You make it sound as though you haven't noticed tower shield.

By my count, ice is one of only three schools that for which it makes sense to buy some skills from the main class trainer even if it's not your primary school.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2009
its not 100 its 125 per pip. i am currently studing the cards and just looked at judgement. lol so ha

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I think its myth :P because they can summon minions and they attack well so myth OR death would be a good choice and death they can summon rank four minions

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
gekoman777 wrote:
its not 100 its 125 per pip. i am currently studing the cards and just looked at judgement. lol so ha

You might not want to ha ha at someone until you get your facts straight. :D Judgment is 100 damage per pip. It's 125 on the blue Judgment card (received from certain crown items) that you're thinking of.

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
I have a lv.23 fire wizard, and I can solo the game pretty well. The only thing I don't like is our damage over time spells. I also made a really bad combo: Fire and Life. I taught that that would be a good combo, but I have a really bad time fighting boss monsters. I also have a lv.6 Ice wizard, and I noticed, Ice is one of the most hard to master shools. But hey, isn't Fire the best shool? :D

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Once you get Krok, you can buy spells from Niles. My favorite is spirit blade at lvl 25, and earlier you can buy spirit trap.

So, a life school wizard buys these, and now has boosting spells for two other schools, Death and Myth.

You really don't want spells above 2-3 pips outside your school, but buying death to 'Feint' and myth to 'Troll' will allow boosting with give a bit of variety.

You can mix'n'match using similiar spells for the elementals (Fire, Storm and Ice) and set blades/traps for all three as above.

I guess I would classify mages a bit differently: Type (spirit or elemental) and then School.

What is strange in my opinion, is that while balance offers these spells, others gain greater use of them.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Quizzical wrote:
You make it sound as though you haven't noticed tower shield.

By my count, ice is one of only three schools that for which it makes sense to buy some skills from the main class trainer even if it's not your primary school.

Yes, I hadn't thought of that. But still, the other spells don't seem like much. The only other spell you have to look forward to with ice as your second would I guess be the fire and storm shields. Personally, I think the best ice spells are the ones learned by ice wizards. Steal Ward and Frostbite come in handy many times. And if you aren't an ice wizard then you can't even learn Ice Blade or Ice Trap. Yes, there are the Elemental Traps and Blades, but in my opinion for one pip they are not as good. I guess if you are a blance wizard and get those spells for free, then it would be ok to have ice as a secondary.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
First of all, the death school is a very soloable school. Once you understand perfectly the death art, it becomes bery easy; you place a heavy load of charms and wards, to help you unlock the potential in the death spells and RULE YOUR OPPONENT! Death spells may be weak, but have great potential to unlock. Steal spells are great. With a good amount of charms and wards, it's easy to multiply that wraith by a whopping factor of 6.26535 to get rid of any boss and heal back a great deal. A smaller, but more convenient and almost always easy to get factor is 2.38 or 3.094, and this is all excluding garments! And, multiplying your spells a great deall, you can deal whopping damage, plus the bonus of whopping health. Whopping damage. Whopping health. Pretty good. And, with adequate healing, you'll be back at full health and ready to tackle any other opponents with ease!

On the subject of balance wizards and elemental/spirit blades/traps, sorcerers do in fact make a good use of them (the elementals, at least). The school of balance is about taking the three elementals schools and balancing them together to create interesting styles of play that can work really well (at least, that's one aspect of Balance). Take hydra plus an elemental balde plus an elemental trap; pretty good combination.

And on the subject of ice being a secondary school, well, it's so-so. If for anything, for the tower shield, and don't train any spells after that. The low damage is there mainly for the thaumaturges to make use of with their charms and wards, or otherwise to be there for them to chip away patiently at their enemies wile piling on huge amounts of shields. So it's really your choice, but really, don't do it for the attack spells. Not great accuracy, and a power worse than life.