Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips & Hints

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 12, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I love how this game lets you customize your wizard with different spells.

I have often thought about getting a death wizard, and having his secondary school be the life school. This allows you to cast Drain spells, like Ghoul and Vampire, while being able to heal yourself with Sprite and Pixies. Pretty neat, no? Advantage to that is that you constantly have something to heal you with, and you wont die very fast. Disadvantage is that you have relatively low-damaging attacks, but with a very decent accuracy. 80-90%.

I have picked the Storm Wizard. When I first started the "questionaire" to determine your school placement, I had answered everything honestly according to my own life-style, and ended up with Storm.
Since Storm has such a high fizzle rate (the highest out of all schools at 30%) I chose to couple my school with the school of life.
I can heal if my spells fizzle, and use absorb shields if I dont have immediate healing available.

The combination is up to you of course, pick what you like best, and what your favorite playing style is. :P

As for fights, I have slowly started to develop a good working strategy for myself over the last few days. Include buff and de-buff cards in your deck (0 pip cost) that you can cast on yourself or your enemy, which allow you to charge up your pips for higher level spells.

As a storm wizard, I use the Stormblade and the Storm Trap, then fire away with a good level 2 or level 3 thunder spell. If I dont draw any of those cards, I cast absorb shield or Sprite to keep me from getting major damage from lack of spells or fizzles.

I have noticed each class gets some form of buff/de-buff, and those with special pets get even an additional stat boosting spell. Cast those or use your wand (wand is always 0 pip) until you start charging up some good pips for those juicy spells :P.

Now, I have only gotten to the second world, so I only scraped the tip of the ice-berg, but that strategy seems to be working rather well with me.

Also, with the cards, if you have buffer cards that you dont use very often, or become situational, only include 2 copies instead of 3, and use 2 copies of all other spells that you dont use too often, so you can have a higher chance of drawing the card you want.

As in deck construction, I am still not quite sure how to most effectively construct it yet, so I would appreciate all your expert opinions, since I am still basically new to this game.

I hope you all enjoy this game as much as I do.

About death and life, I am a death wizard and I have indeed thought of life before. Eventually, I put it as my third school, so I get spells up to satyr. bad idea. Although i get boosts, once I start to heal myself when playing solo, I usually lose because I lose pips, and by the time I can attack I need to heal. This probably will be useful until CL, when normal monsters don't give you a chance to heal. I picked fire instead, because the fizzle rate is ok, it has good damage, and death gives me enough healing with it's own attacks. That's just my opinion, I know Cl is looking far ahead, but i can barely do it without a group and for me healing=end game. Hope i helped!

Defender
May 12, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Ice wizards have a huge health pool, and can take quite a beating before they get in critical condition. Coupled with life, they can use healing spells to constantly replenish lost health.

As for the best, I am not sure which, but for survivability's sakes, I will probably vote on Ice/life.
This is a good pair, but you need time and patience because between healing and shielding, you need to attack and those are the two weakest schools.

Defender
May 12, 2009
I agree on choosing clothes, for stats, not looks and have given this advice to my friends. The one time I didn't listen wa recently, at level 54. I had stitched my items, and had finally made my chicken mask look better, when i noticed the best hat in the shop (which for the record was only a tiny bit better than mine was there. I think i had the ominous veil and and the other one was called the forgotten facade, but just escaping the chicken hat, I wasn't about to buy it. yes I know lol rofl i deserve it

Survivor
Sep 08, 2009
i am a lvl 60 wizard :D i think the best all round schools are myth/life i have a lvl 60 life/death/storm a lvl 23 balance/myth and a lvl 17 myth/ice.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D

I will usually do this as well. It seems just plain out ridiculous to try and defeat the creature with high amounts of health first.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
banzai wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:

i agree 100%, and try to explain this to people who battle with me. the best way to increase your chances of survival is to REDUCE THE NUMBER OF THINGS ATTACKING YOU. you will be able to kill the enemies with the least hit points fastest. therefore, always attack the weakest guy first.

I'm so happy I'm not the only one who does this!!!!. Taking out the minions first really does help 'cause they're the weakest (usually, I haven't found a minion stronger than the boss yet ). Thanks for all the advice everyone!!!!!

Joseph Dragontamer, Level 60 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
AxelRox2 wrote:
YES! At least some people battle like this! Usually bosses don't attack in the first couple of rounds so use that time to attack the minion while they are blading and passing.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
1Sonicboom wrote:
Here's a tip

Use weak traps like, don't know the name but, 20% damage first on the enemy before using traps like 70% because the traps go backwards in the order they were put on.

So say i had ice trap, elemental traps, and the 70% trap. I would first put on the elemental trap because it gives 25%. Then the ice trap which gives 30%, then the 70% then get ready for some major damage.

the order of that does not change the damage it does, although i agree, because if they shield and you need to break it, it doesnt take away the more valuable boosts

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
For new people to the game:

Do NOT waste your training points. First thing you need to go for is tower Shield from the ice School, next you go for Feint rom the death School. Save up the rest of the training points thta you gain.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
pckls wrote:
Cynical wrote:
siveon298 wrote:
can sombody tell me how to get to another world like moo shu?(i did subscribe so i guess that was the first step)

Do all the quests on Unicorn, Cyclops, Tritan, and Fire..

About the time you are ready to go to Colosus watch for the Headmaster to send you to fight Nightshade in the Tower in the Haunted Cave. When you complete that series of tasks, you will get the key to go "only" to Krokotopia.
if you want you could stay back a while like i did and finish extra things in wizard city. or you could just skip ahead to kroktopia... but if you chose to do the smith and library dues quest... your gonna need to stay back at collosus to get those quests off your chest. plus you need to finish smiths to gt beetle quest in kroktopia.

the world order goes like this:

wizard city,

kroktopia (i think it is the world of balance which isnt good for me since im balance),

marleybone (city of proper manners)

moo shoo (not there yet)

and upcoming dragonspyre
what about grizzlehiem i am at lvl 30 but i am not in marlybone yet :|

Explorer
May 25, 2009
dakster5588 wrote:
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D

seriously me too!!
Me three!

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
The best strategy I've seen is to shield for a couple of turns and then take out one of the guys. All-around attacks are good but only if you kill them because then they both/all can still attack you. If you take out one then only one /2/3 can attack you and that reduces the amount of damage that you take in. Also if you still have enough health afterwards you can try to break your highest hit record... at least that's what I do

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Hi fellow wizards! I'm in a bit of a crisis. I've completed all of the worlds (Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Celestia, Grizzelheim and Wintertusk, and Wysteria. I've gotten into hatching. Saddly though, I need money to hatch. How can I get gold in a quick and efficient manner? I'm thankful for any help I can get.

Wizards RULE!!!

Joseph Dragontamer, Level 60 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
I can get gold, items and 1 day mounts by defeating Kraken in Triton Avenue

Easy :) :D

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
pckls wrote:
Cynical wrote:
siveon298 wrote:
can sombody tell me how to get to another world like moo shu?(i did subscribe so i guess that was the first step)

Do all the quests on Unicorn, Cyclops, Tritan, and Fire..

About the time you are ready to go to Colosus watch for the Headmaster to send you to fight Nightshade in the Tower in the Haunted Cave. When you complete that series of tasks, you will get the key to go "only" to Krokotopia.
if you want you could stay back a while like i did and finish extra things in wizard city. or you could just skip ahead to kroktopia... but if you chose to do the smith and library dues quest... your gonna need to stay back at collosus to get those quests off your chest. plus you need to finish smiths to gt beetle quest in kroktopia.

the world order goes like this:

wizard city,

kroktopia (i think it is the world of balance which isnt good for me since im balance),

marleybone (city of proper manners)

moo shoo (not there yet)

and upcoming dragonspyre
krokotopia is element if manders are orange they are fire if manders are purple they are storm if manders are blue they are ice and mummies ( i think all of them ) are fire and only couple are balance

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
race101 wrote:
hey i am back race101 and i have somthing to tell you.

looking for a cool trasure card?battle eneimes in marleybone, and find the words mutate firecat into storm cat.(remember only found in marleybone)

looking for the place where you are giving a whole lot of xp and gold.mooshu is the place. battling bosses may get your gold to 100's talking reaches hights of xp into the 1,000's or 2,000's.also look for wooden chests they might give you a lot of gold.

looking for the clothes that give you hot cards in mooshu.Zeke! he has the Hydra!!! which is fire,ice and storm.i have NEVER seen it in action but it looks H O T!!! plus it gives you health to the 200's.(the hydra to me looks like a three headed dragon with diffrent colors.)

looking for the petshop in Marleybone?sorry there isn't any.

having trouble with stary cat surt? some of them might me hidden in boss or elite terrority.

do not know where the first or the second oasis bettle is? first oasis bettle.back of shirt and wand store.second oasis bettle next to krokatopia librays by a tree.

Hope this helps in the future!
wow again about the marleybone pet shop? REALLY!!! do ya have to bring it up!!! ( sry i am being rude just have seen these several times and posted on alot i think ) there is SECRET pet shop you know the mayor of Marleybone? its by him!!! just go down stairs go inside even though it looks like you cant go in you will! and there is a spell trainer ( i think ) and a pet seller!!!! ta-da!!!

Defender
May 17, 2011
Dakocow wrote:
Whats the best all round school?
i'm thinking of ice/life.
you are pretty smart to relize this! but i think that this combo is great, too: ice for the main one, so you have super high hp. then for your secondary, get death spells (heal and damage). then you should learn storm to get some nice damage spells, and then, if you have plenty of training points, life, for the good heals. i would never recomand fire to anybody, but it is so cool! gosh, i do not make sense, do i?

Survivor
May 28, 2011
AxelRox2 wrote:
o o
no
in cl there is a monster that when you kill it's minions it summons them over and over till you kill the main boss
:D

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
I got some tips for you:
Minions should die first, they are easy to kill and reduce damage.
If you die on a boss once figure out their strategy so you can figure out what to put in your deck (example: if the boss uses a lot of weaknesses use cleanse charm, or if the boss uses fire spells a lot put some fire shields in your deck or in your treasure deck.

To put treasure cards in, click on the circle on top that has golden cards on it, then click on the cards. To use them click the right side of your mouse (or pad) on a card that you don't need and click draw.
If a boss has low health and you have a card that will kill him use it. If you both have low health heal before you attack or your done for if you fizzle, it happens.
To get mana, go to the fair grounds to play games and earn some. You need mana to attack. Or if you want mana they are mostly in non-combat areas. The last way to get mana is potions, they can be earned in the fair grounds or bought by a lady in the fair grounds. Potion fill both health and mana. Health can be earned by healing cards. They can not be earned in games in the fair grounds. They are found mostly in combat areas.
For codes that you can earn go to:
http://www.kifreegames.com/onlinegames/minigamesummary
For more information go in your spell book click on a question mark on the right and it will tell you so much about stuff.

:-)Hope this helps:-)

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
wizard111111000001... wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
o o
no
in cl there is a monster that when you kill it's minions it summons them over and over till you kill the main boss
:D
This is for beginners. About 83.96% don't know what the other worlds are called. About 91.2% don't know what Celestia is.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Dakocow wrote:
Whats the best all round school?
i'm thinking of ice/life.
Excuse me Dakocow I have got to disagree with you as a level 36 in the art of Necromancing (Death) I believe that the study of the cororaple is the only true power worth having!

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:

omg there is like 1000 people who do that including me. You are not alone.
Jasmine Lifesword lvl 32+

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
octagig wrote:
Use shields. When I first started I thought using shields was a bit lame. I figured I shouldn't waste my time and that I should just start attacking. WRONG. Shields are very beneficial and in order to survive later on you are going to need to rely on them to give you a boost in your attack or help take the edge off of an incoming attack.

Start using them early to develop strategies that work for your class and strategies for when in group play.

Since i am a storm wizard, i have a much different battle style.
When You level up as a storm wizard, you realize that traps, not shields are your best friend. what you want to do is get it over with, not drag the battle on and on with shields, you want to use the strongest attack you can, and buff it up with traps. Once you get tempest as a storm wizard, it is your new best friend, along with traps. i can say this from experience, it will be your favorite spell. I have basically defeated all of Marleybone with that attack, and rarely ever used the pixie. and so far, i have basically only used tempest and buffs to get as far as i did in mooshoo too. trust me, if you are a storm, you will not need shields, and in my opinion, storm is the best class just because of that. 8) :D :-D

Defender
May 15, 2010
1Sonicboom wrote:
Here's a tip

Use weak traps like, don't know the name but, 20% damage first on the enemy before using traps like 70% because the traps go backwards in the order they were put on.

So say i had ice trap, elemental traps, and the 70% trap. I would first put on the elemental trap because it gives 25%. Then the ice trap which gives 30%, then the 70% then get ready for some major damage.

Look at it this way. Would you want to add 25% to a spell that was boosted by 70%? Or do you want to add 70% to the spell that was already enchanted? Would it even make a difference? I will have to test this.