Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips & Hints

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
Here is what I suggest:
Do not spend training points on fire, myth, or storm. You won't end up using the attacks later on, and they don't give any noticeable shields or traps. Spend your training points on death and balance for good traps and blades
If your school doesnt have a good heal spell consider life. Balance people get availing hands and death can heal good enough.
I suggest shields and blades instead of getting other school attacks.

If you can heal yourself, that is perferrabe. If not , just go crazy with shields. Treasure card tower shields are good enough.
Also, consider star or sun schools later. At that point, those should be the only things your spending trainin points on. They really help, especially sun.
Think ahead!

Defender
May 24, 2012
I know, right? Don't hit one then the other and back and forth, bombard the one with the lower life score and get rid of him. Place your traps on the big guy, then hit him with your best and strongest. Works every time!

Defender
May 24, 2012
octagig wrote:
Use shields. When I first started I thought using shields was a bit lame. I figured I shouldn't waste my time and that I should just start attacking. WRONG. Shields are very beneficial and in order to survive later on you are going to need to rely on them to give you a boost in your attack or help take the edge off of an incoming attack.

Start using them early to develop strategies that work for your class and strategies for when in group play.

I was doing the same thing. I thought shields were a waste. Then in one of the posts I learned to use different wands depending on your opponent's school. I keep 4 wands and change them depending on who I fight. If he's a fire wizard I use my ice wand etc. The sparkler cards that come with these wands cost zero to cast. That means you can still bother the guy and be building up your pips for the big guns. Same thing with shields. Set yourself up, then clobber.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Use shields...it will lower the damage taken. A tower shield is like a balance shield, but it will take any damage lower. Myth shield, lowers myth damage etc..And heal when your health is low.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
Here are some tips.

when you are defeating a boss, or a dungeon, it will be easier if you have other players helping you. Use shields, at first I thought they were not important, WRONG! They help you a lot. When you are about to defeat a boss, make sure you have all health, each little bit counts. Have some healing spells too, and use them to heal you and other players too, if a player that is helping you is defeated, that player wont be able to help you, and you need all the help you can get!

I hope some of this did help you guys, bye

Brianna Dawnblood
Balance Wizard level 16

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
New Wizards:
- do as many quests as you can, it helps you level up
- only have one outfit for the entire time in Wizard City, it helps you save up money so that you can buy way awesome stuff when you're a stronger wizard
- try to make friends, friends can help you defeat bosses
- be a good friend and help your friends defeat bosses too
- sell useless stuff for money
- defeat bosses' minions first, it makes the battle easier
- if you can't defeat a boss, do other quests, and clear your mind before you try again, also adjust your deck, remember why you lost so you can fix it
- stay on sidewalks, always, so you won't get sucked into battles
- don't pick secondary schools because you think they're cool, really think about it, a lot, or only pick spells from certain schools.
Hope you like the advice! :D

- Miranda Shadowblade Adept Necromancer

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
dakster5588 wrote:
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D

seriously me too!!

man finnaly someone who gets it normally when i tell people they say fight the boss first and then all u will have left to fight is the minion!! :) :-) :D

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
race101 on Feb 6, 2009 wrote:
hey i am back race101 and i have somthing to tell you.

looking for a cool trasure card?battle eneimes in marleybone, and find the words mutate firecat into storm cat.(remember only found in marleybone)

looking for the place where you are giving a whole lot of xp and gold.mooshu is the place. battling bosses may get your gold to 100's talking reaches hights of xp into the 1,000's or 2,000's.also look for wooden chests they might give you a lot of gold.

looking for the clothes that give you hot cards in mooshu.Zeke! he has the Hydra!!! which is fire,ice and storm.i have NEVER seen it in action but it looks H O T!!! plus it gives you health to the 200's.(the hydra to me looks like a three headed dragon with diffrent colors.)

looking for the petshop in Marleybone?sorry there isn't any.

having trouble with stary cat surt? some of them might me hidden in boss or elite terrority.

do not know where the first or the second oasis bettle is? first oasis bettle.back of shirt and wand store.second oasis bettle next to krokatopia librays by a tree.

Hope this helps in the future!
There is a pet shop in marleybone its in the pub behind the mayor down the stairs.

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
I'm not beginning, but I have a question anyway. How does deck construction work?

I think I've been doing well on this, as I am a lvl 48 Diviner in Dragonspyre who soloed almost the entire game, having gotten past Mavra Flamewing, but I want to see if I could do better.

And, on another topic, I when fighting Mavra Flamewing, I discovered that I couldn't kill her minions when soloing like I did with most other bosses (also soloing), or she would kill me. So I think it depends on who you are fighting if you are to kill the minions first.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
What quest do I have to get to enter Krokotopia's Tomb of Storms? How do I get that quest?

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
I only really have one tip, if you call it a tip.

DISCARD unneeded cards. If you don't have the cards you want, you are much better of discarding cards rather than passing round after round with monsters knawing away at you. I have died by passing too much and it is not fun. Also, DON'T draw the treasure cards- it won't be much better unless you are planning to use them. Then, on your next turn, you will have a bunch of new cards that might be useful. You should style your deck to your combat style and you will hopefully get more useful cards then, too. All pros do this, if you are still not convinced.

Bye
Noah Rainrunner

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
1Sonicboom on Aug 31, 2008 wrote:
Here's a tip

Use weak traps like, don't know the name but, 20% damage first on the enemy before using traps like 70% because the traps go backwards in the order they were put on.

So say i had ice trap, elemental traps, and the 70% trap. I would first put on the elemental trap because it gives 25%. Then the ice trap which gives 30%, then the 70% then get ready for some major damage.
gosh i thought i was the only one who went through the trouble of putting curse (20%) on before death trap (30%) and feint! (70%

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Also dont overlook weak cards. You guys are smart. But that's what I always do. By the way have you seen a post for game ideas.

Explorer
Mar 20, 2010
ZekromGazer3 on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
What quest do I have to get to enter Krokotopia's Tomb of Storms? How do I get that quest?
Well, I don't know the specific quest, but do all the main storyline quests and you will eventually get there.

You start in the Pyramid of the Sun, then go to the Krokophinx. You must do all of the main storyline quests to get to the Tomb of Sotrms, which is the final part of Krokotopia, after which you move on another world.

However, if you refer to the dungeon, then you must complete said parts of the world, then complete the main storyline quests in both the tombs to the sides. You will then automatically get the quest to do the dungeon, which you cannot refuse.

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
danielethan910 wrote:
man finnaly someone who gets it normally when i tell people they say fight the boss first and then all u will have left to fight is the minion!! :) :-) :D
I do that too, I think most wizards with a bit f experience do.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
When you want xp and you are a level 10 and above do this:

1) First, arrange your deck. You do that by taking out all of your spells in your deck and you put in your most powerful spell and you put in a lot of shields and wards.
2) Next, go to Unicorn Way and go to a lost soul.
3) Then, put up all of your shields and wards.
4) Do your most powerful attack.
5) You now have a lot of xp!

*Do not pass! You won't get xp when you pass!

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
ultimatewizard wrote:
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D
I do battles this way too!

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
A good way of battling is to make a counteractive stragity against the other person I say play it safe and do traps,shields,or enchaments till you have a stragety

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
If you're going to do a damage-to-self spell like Sacrifice or Immolate, I reccomend that you put up Spirit Armor (or at least a type of positive ward) on yourself instead. Plus, traps are very good for these kinds of spells. Charms, though, aren't as beneficial.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
If there is one tip i can give, its play your strengths!

If your learning multiple schools, then have different decks. I find it helps to switch decks depending on what your facing. Ice boss? Fire deck. Life? Death deck! Easy as pie! Mmmm pie.......

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
AxelRox2 on Aug 21, 2008 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)
I agree 9999% If you try to take the boss out first the minions will attack you so when you have killed the boss
your health will be drained and it will be very hard to win. This is even more important later on the game when the bosses have multiple minions

Survivor
Nov 21, 2012
Oh, well TY for the Tips & Hints

William, Level 28 fire WARLORD and TY

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
danielethan910 wrote:
Yay!!!! I do this too and it never fails.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2011
defeat the enemy with the lowest current health health first, then the next lowest, and so on because no matter how much health they have they still attack the same.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
ultimatewizard wrote:
Shields are an essential part of battling and should not be overlooked in any way. It goes without saying that the best offense is a strong defense.
I have never used shields unless I have a turn where I could pass or cast a shield. Most of the time, I don't have any shields in my deck. I find them unhelpful, and I never really have found a need to use them.

Sierra Daisystaff