Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips & Hints

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 19, 2009
791
TIPS:
If you are in a group of other wizards, always check what spells the other one is going to use before you make your choice.

Examples:
first circle casts a fient spell, second circle casts frost beetle and thus completely wasting the faint spell with a weak attack

if you see someone who is going to use a faint spell, help them out by giving them a tower or any other shield

if you see that any of the circles to your left are going to use a big attack help them(if you can) by giving them a sword or placing a trap on the corrasponding enemy
..................................................................................................................................................................

always ask if someone needs help before just jumping in and joining their fight, some people dont like it when other wizards join and bring in more enemys

always make sure if its ok with your friend before porting to him

remember that power pips can only be used with your first school so its not a good idea to invest your training points just to get helephant, stormzilla, wraith, or centure(?). With any other school besides your first one, power pips will act as normal pips

stay in areas where you should be, if you are lv15 and asking for help in DS dont do it, if anything you will just be a burden for whoever is helping you

if some random person is shouting "TREASURE CARDS FOR CODES" dont give them treasure cards, bc the codes they sell to you are free and anyone can get them
List of codes they generally give out:
Frog
Castle
Magic
Summer Dragon

if your looking to buy clothing remember buying it all brown(boys),or all gold(girls) is the cheapest







Always remember that Michael Moonwraith is the Lord of Spiral, so if you see him show tremendous respect and admiration or he will throw you in the sewers of olde town







Hero
May 19, 2009
791
1Sonicboom wrote:
Here's a tip

Use weak traps like, don't know the name but, 20% damage first on the enemy before using traps like 70% because the traps go backwards in the order they were put on.

So say i had ice trap, elemental traps, and the 70% trap. I would first put on the elemental trap because it gives 25%. Then the ice trap which gives 30%, then the 70% then get ready for some major damage.


sorry but i have to point out that you are WRONG, i know the order of traps bc i personally fight boss's to do max damage and set new high records for myself

but you should put the strongest traps on first followed by the weaker ones


1: fient
2: ice trap
3: elemental trap
4: ice blade
5: elemental blade
6: *sigh* i forgot the name but its that ice dome thingy, "2pips...... lasts until the fight is over"

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
39
DarthNexus wrote:
1Sonicboom wrote:
Here's a tip

Use weak traps like, don't know the name but, 20% damage first on the enemy before using traps like 70% because the traps go backwards in the order they were put on.

So say i had ice trap, elemental traps, and the 70% trap. I would first put on the elemental trap because it gives 25%. Then the ice trap which gives 30%, then the 70% then get ready for some major damage.


sorry but i have to point out that you are WRONG, i know the order of traps bc i personally fight boss's to do max damage and set new high records for myself

but you should put the strongest traps on first followed by the weaker ones


1: fient
2: ice trap
3: elemental trap
4: ice blade
5: elemental blade
6: *sigh* i forgot the name but its that ice dome thingy, "2pips...... lasts until the fight is over"


You might want to check on this again. My experience has been that traps come off in the opposite order of how they were put on. So, if you want them to come off strongest to weakest to maximize damage, you should cast them out weakest to strongest. (Also, blades always come off before traps no matter what order they get placed on.)


Historian
May 02, 2009
693
Here's my tips.

Bring out your minion whenever you can because they can help you alot in tough battles, believe me.

Always be a good friend and help when you can.

Try your best and when fighting in pvp, don't fight master and grandmaster wizards when your at low levels because you will get clobbered badly.

That's all I can think of right now.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
8
shields are great for less damage, also clothing an etc also helps you.
Enjoy playing an be kind to others also the new players, don't be mean they are trying to learn the game, be helpful and help them when you can. Let's make game play fun for all. My granddaughter 7yrs old got her feelings hurt from name calling cause she is new, so be nice, an kind to all!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
28
siveon298 wrote:
is there any tips on how to get to any other world cause im stuck in wizard city i want to go to places like moo shu(i did subscribe i just dont know to get to moo shu or kroktopia)




just make a friend who can go to a different world or just complete alot of quests until you defeat lord nightshade. P.S.(to everywon) if your facing a tough boss who has sidekicks face him/her with at least 3 people/friends (including you) have most people/friends attack the boss.P.S.S. if there are 3 other wizards (not including you) have 2 get the boss and 2 get the sidekick.



Timothy Battleweilder lv 24 conjurer

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
280
I have tips:

Malistaire is very dangerous so bring friends because Malistaire has 3 undead wizards.

To get a 1st spiral key, You have to complete quests from Nolan Stormgate in Cyclops Lane,Susie Gryhonbane in Triton Avenue,and Private Quinn in Firecat Alley.Next you have to go Sapphyra's Tower in Olde Town to stop Foulgaze and get Tower Key.Then you go kill Lord Nightshade in Haunted Cave off Triton Avenue.Last go to Nightside to Explore that area
and you recieve a Krokotopia Key.

Dont worry. Olde Town is kinda hard so start with Cyclops Lane, then Triton Avenue, last Firecat Alley

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
97
BATTLES

1. Attack the weakest guy first. Sometimes the weakest guys will have the best buffs or attacks. If they don't, attack them anyway because they take shorter to kill and the less monsters attacking you, the better.

2. Use shields! Be sure you have at least 2 shield cards, same or different, in your deck. It's very very handy, especially in DS when you get to it, because bosses there are using Meteors, Kraken, and more on you.

3. Save your pips. I usually wait until I get 4 or 5 pips if the battle isn't too fierce, and if you don't use big-pip spells pips will flow to you easily to you after that.

HEALTH & MANA

1. If you aren't busy, play mini-games. You heal during the games, plus you'll get mana and coins at the same time!

I'll write more soon.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
3
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D


i do this too with my family

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
MangaofMyth wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
1Sonicboom wrote:
Here's a tip

Use weak traps like, don't know the name but, 20% damage first on the enemy before using traps like 70% because the traps go backwards in the order they were put on.

So say i had ice trap, elemental traps, and the 70% trap. I would first put on the elemental trap because it gives 25%. Then the ice trap which gives 30%, then the 70% then get ready for some major damage.


sorry but i have to point out that you are WRONG, i know the order of traps bc i personally fight boss's to do max damage and set new high records for myself

but you should put the strongest traps on first followed by the weaker ones


1: fient
2: ice trap
3: elemental trap
4: ice blade
5: elemental blade
6: *sigh* i forgot the name but its that ice dome thingy, "2pips...... lasts until the fight is over"


You might want to check on this again. My experience has been that traps come off in the opposite order of how they were put on. So, if you want them to come off strongest to weakest to maximize damage, you should cast them out weakest to strongest. (Also, blades always come off before traps no matter what order they get placed on.)



i guess you need a lesson in multiplucation, you put the strongest traps first so they are activated last and do more overall damage

so :P
and double :P :P

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
79
Delver
Feb 15, 2009
280
siveon298 wrote:
is there any tips on how to get to any other world cause im stuck in wizard city i want to go to places like moo shu(i did subscribe i just dont know to get to moo shu or kroktopia)



Well siveon298, Here's an order of worlds

First: Wizard City
Second: Krokotopia
Third:Grizzleheim
Fourth:Marleybone
Fifth: Mooshu
Sixth: Dragonspyre

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
14
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D


Amen, team up on the least powerful one and work around the group. This will reduce the number of spells cast by them. Just make sure you don't cast a spell on one that's going to go down before your turn comes up.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
8
octagig wrote:
Use shields. When I first started I thought using shields was a bit lame. I figured I shouldn't waste my time and that I should just start attacking. WRONG. Shields are very beneficial and in order to survive later on you are going to need to rely on them to give you a boost in your attack or help take the edge off of an incoming attack.

Start using them early to develop strategies that work for your class and strategies for when in group play.


Yeah shields are awesome but don't forget sword spells they also boost your offensive spells

Survivor
Aug 14, 2008
24
lol yay for being quoted for a literal year also other then attacking the minion first you should do as others have said and get out a minion when possible or most convienient.

Other Tips:
1. Use power ups, you might think the people with loads of shields and blades around them are idiots but when your win or loss is on the line its the best choice.
2. Battle Bubbles aren't completely as necessary as most people make them, if you feel like having a bit more attack power for those long battles or high health enemies you probably SHOULD use one, but if it's a battle that you know you can finish fast save your pips instead of using the bubble.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
280
Hi everyone.

There are so many pets to be collected from bosses.

Krokotillian: Gives 1 Krokotillian Spell: Boss: Meowiarty : Location:Big Ben, Marleybone
Sunbird:Gives 1 Sunbird Spell: Boss: War Oni: Location:Crimson Fields, Mooshu
Troll:None:Boss: Grum Foultooth: Location: Crimson Fields, Mooshu
Inferno Cat: Gives 1 Firecat spell:Boss: Krokokahmen: Location: Throne Room of Fire, Krokotopia
Blue Ghost:None:Boss: General Akilles: Location: Cyclops Lane, Wizard City
Rat magician:None:Boss: Sprocets: Location: Counterweight East
golem:None:Boss: Bellows: Location: Counterweight West

Ok. Does anyone know other

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
62
MONEY SAVING TIPS:

. use the least pricyest dyes when buying clothes/ certian pets

. use the shared bank to transfer unwanted stuff to sell/use on other carector

. do lots of quests

. fight bosses over again to get stuff to sell

. buy stuff at bazzar

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
143
1Sonicboom wrote:
Here's a tip

Use weak traps like, don't know the name but, 20% damage first on the enemy before using traps like 70% because the traps go backwards in the order they were put on.

So say i had ice trap, elemental traps, and the 70% trap. I would first put on the elemental trap because it gives 25%. Then the ice trap which gives 30%, then the 70% then get ready for some major damage.


Thanks this really helped ;)

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
8
alienforce0320 wrote:
Hi everyone.

There are so many pets to be collected from bosses.

Krokotillian: Gives 1 Krokotillian Spell: Boss: Meowiarty : Location:Big Ben, Marleybone
Sunbird:Gives 1 Sunbird Spell: Boss: War Oni: Location:Crimson Fields, Mooshu
Troll:None:Boss: Grum Foultooth: Location: Crimson Fields, Mooshu
Inferno Cat: Gives 1 Firecat spell:Boss: Krokokahmen: Location: Throne Room of Fire, Krokotopia
Blue Ghost:None:Boss: General Akilles: Location: Cyclops Lane, Wizard City
Rat magician:None:Boss: Sprocets: Location: Counterweight East
golem:None:Boss: Bellows: Location: Counterweight West

Ok. Does anyone know other


hey i saw a salamander pet i think its a boss that is in the tomb of storms somewhere i hope that helped

Survivor
May 21, 2008
13
DarthNexus wrote:
MangaofMyth wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:
1Sonicboom wrote:
Here's a tip

Use weak traps like, don't know the name but, 20% damage first on the enemy before using traps like 70% because the traps go backwards in the order they were put on.

So say i had ice trap, elemental traps, and the 70% trap. I would first put on the elemental trap because it gives 25%. Then the ice trap which gives 30%, then the 70% then get ready for some major damage.


sorry but i have to point out that you are WRONG, i know the order of traps bc i personally fight boss's to do max damage and set new high records for myself

but you should put the strongest traps on first followed by the weaker ones


1: fient
2: ice trap
3: elemental trap
4: ice blade
5: elemental blade
6: *sigh* i forgot the name but its that ice dome thingy, "2pips...... lasts until the fight is over"


You might want to check on this again. My experience has been that traps come off in the opposite order of how they were put on. So, if you want them to come off strongest to weakest to maximize damage, you should cast them out weakest to strongest. (Also, blades always come off before traps no matter what order they get placed on.)



i guess you need a lesson in multiplucation, you put the strongest traps first so they are activated last and do more overall damage

so :P
and double :P :P


Actually, YOU may need to check your multiplication! Multiplication is commutative, or, in other words, it doesn't matter whether it's 3x2 or 2x3. For example, if I have a 25% blade and 30% blade, the 25% multiplies the damage by 1.25, while the 30% multiplies by 1.30. Applying in either order, you get 1.25x1.30 or 1.30x1.25. They are IDENTICAL, it does not matter which comes first.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
11
Dakocow wrote:
Whats the best all round school?
i'm thinking of ice/life.


YAY!!!! finally someone agrees with me! cause with ice as your primary school you have a whole lot of health and then with life as your secondary you can heal. it makes you wicked hard to kill. i am a ice/life master and this combination has worked awesomely for me.

rebecca roseblossom, master thaumaturge :D

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
124
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D
I do that too because you have less spells coming at you in one round.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
1
hey there people?
help to find those History of magic. i have no idea i only see the history of magic from Firecat alley. ;)
pls. reply asap.. thanks!

Explorer
May 28, 2009
93
Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
34
I want to bring this blade and trap order to an end. The fact of the matter is it doesnt matter. Please remember that most spells have a damage range. That is most likely why you think order matters. As proof try doing so with a death health steal move and I am sure you will get identical results if your clothing and enemy do not change. As for battle tips.
Watch where traps are, nobody likes a trap buster.
Pair up who has which enemy to avoid confusion
Carry a different type wand to take off weakness without other blades (sorry balance your out of luck carry your school wand)
Have good friends adding random people is a good way to have people bother you
Do not have too many secondary school spells moreso if you have high power pip chance
If you do nothing else plz plz plz
DO NOT MAKE THE PEOPLE FIGHTING WITH YOU MAD
IT GIVES THEM EVERY RIGHT TO FLEE AND LEAVE YOU TO DIE