Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips & Hints

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
Dakocow wrote:
Whats the best all round school?
i'm thinking of ice/life.

TOTALLY IM ICE :D

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
AxelRox2 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)
hey! thats exactly what i do!! :D

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
banzai wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:

i agree 100%, and try to explain this to people who battle with me. the best way to increase your chances of survival is to REDUCE THE NUMBER OF THINGS ATTACKING YOU. you will be able to kill the enemies with the least hit points fastest. therefore, always attack the weakest guy first.

You should attack the weakest guy, but you can hit both of them at the same time so it doesn't take so long in battle to defeat the boss. One of these spells are storm wolf, tempest, blizzard, scald, meteor shower, and many many others.

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
Make most of your friends higher in rank ones so that you can go to cooler worlds and explore.

Once you level up to a higher level make sure you check your primary and secondary school and see if you have any cards there.

Always make sure you have your deck and did'nt sell it.

When battling bosses, make sure most of your friends are on, if not, make more friends then do it, just in case it is really hard.

Don't trade your treasre cards to those people who don't give you any in return, that is just a waste of treasure cards.

Most importantly! NEVER give out your email or Wizard 101 password and username and any other personal information, just saying, it is for your own good.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
Aaron DeathStalker

***Tips***

1.When trying to level up do boss battles in previous worlds that were somewhat easy but still have decent experience. You can also ask a high level friend to go to a high level world i.e. Moo Shoo or Dragon Spyre then have them battle with you to get tons and tons of exp.

2. When you want good items go to bosses of the worlds your working on.

3.The best strategy I use is to use spells to add damage % over and over till you get your strongest move then... USE it of course. Since one of my characters is myth minnions are the main spells I use so you might want to put a bunch of add damage % to your minnion to power up its moves so you would save pips because those spells cost 0 pips. Then when you have enough pips for your strongest moves use it.

4. One of my characters is fire so i sometimes use fire elf, a damage over time spell. I like to use these because once I use it the enemy will still be hit so I can heal myself for my next battle.

These are all my strategies I know.

Thank you for reading this ! ! !
I hoped this helped all of you.

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
Here is an easy way to know if your going to fizzle or not. If your spell cast smoothly without interuption then it will work. But if the screen seems to freeze in one frame for a second you know it will fail.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
ok i have a tip to GET a big attack with phoenix (or any other spell)if you are fire: use fire trap, wyldfire, and fire blade.

And also i have not tried this yet but this may be THE BEST wizard you can make ok here it is storm with a second school as life. This is the best because storm douse not have much Hp but douse give a lot of damg. but life can heal so you are set :)

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
16jgill wrote:
where isthe commons smith and the collossus bulevard smith please tell me

The Common's smith is in the back of the fairground and the Colussus smith is by the King's castle. 8)

Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
Quick method to replenish mana (for those with access to Dragonspyre Atheneum)

Before, after, or during battle (flee if necessary or if you are dead.)

Go to Atheneum, fill up in seconds. Head back to your friends you left in combat.

:)

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
I really good tip is to always attack first then heal yourself because you can seriously damage the enemy and you heal yourself.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Alex1646 wrote:
ok i have a tip to GET a big attack with phoenix (or any other spell)if you are fire: use fire trap, wyldfire, and fire blade.

And also i have not tried this yet but this may be THE BEST wizard you can make ok here it is storm with a second school as life. This is the best because storm douse not have much Hp but douse give a lot of damg. but life can heal so you are set :)

Storm/Life all the way!!! I sold all my training points for life school now level 30 and its the best combo.

Explorer
Nov 07, 2008
Ok. Here's a tip about how to figure out what spells your enemy can or can't use. (Only use for programmed enemys and bosses.

Walking or Helper Enemies- Multiply their rank by 6. If there an ELITE type you need to add 5.

Bosses- Multiply by 5.

Hope this helps some of you! (Probably won't do much help though)

Hunter Dragongrove
Lv.49 master necromancer
Wraith Pet
Crucible,Necropolis,Dragonspyre

Survivor
Dec 06, 2008
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D
i do it too that two that makes 6 of us including my brother and dad

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
for the mana part you should of said go to the minigames and fill up your potion bottle

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Hawk wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:

Depends on the situation. Sometimes bosses and minions have pretty close to the same hit points. Sometimes the minions are resistant to your damage time. Sometimes there are three minions and are elite status. I'd review on a case-by-case basis. But I would agree that focusing on one target at a time is a good system, depending on the situation.

Actually taking out a minion first is the best option because, in most dungeons or instance, if you happen to die you may go back and continue where you left off within 30 min. I've done many dungeons and instances alone. I've always taken out the minions first. If I happened to die, I would go back and only faced the boss, minions were not there any longer. There was one instance where I made the mistake of taking out boss first. I died, went back, faced the minions with no boss and had to start the whole instance over because I did not get credit for killing the boss. So it is always best to kill the minions first.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D

I battle this way too! this is way to wierd. :-o :-o :-o

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Can anyone help me find out where the order of the fang is i can't find it any where!

Alexis dragontail
lvl 23
krokotopia

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
lexinator1999 wrote:
Can anyone help me find out where the order of the fang is i can't find it any where!

Alexis dragontail
lvl 23
krokotopia

ok go to the sphinix and you should see a tree and a ladder right in front of the tree. go down the ladder and go to the second book through the door;the book should be next t the balance teacher. hope this helped.

Signed,
Samuel SandRider LVL 42 Balance Wizard

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Tips for battling i've learned:
Always take out minions first
(IF MORE THAN 1 PERSON) figure out who is attacking who
If you get a weakness use the wand spells or your sword
If you have to do a tower ALWAYS have potions and friends
Try to get clothes that shield everything
Try to stock up on shield,blade,and trap spells
Always try to heal someone if they die
And if you die dont get all mad :P

K.J.R

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
If soloing in a dungeon or instance, set a marker before any battles you think will be difficult or you might die during. If you die (hopefully after you've taken at least one mob out) you can refill any potion bottles you need to and port right back to where you left off if all is done within 30 min. This saves time and lots of running :D

Scarlet Song
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
How can you use your fairy card to heal another player and can you use your fotter or vampire card to heal another player after it attacks or will they only give you the healing? THX

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
in colossus boulveyard

when you have acsess to there while facing mindy pixiecrown go to your left and ta-da!

NEW ICE spells in there

p.s, it is true luke starsong also secret shop ya k!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
AxelRox2 wrote:

really in dragonspyre there is a ice boss with to DAMAGE pox the pox only did traps and blades so we took out the boss first and you won't believe how easy it was after that!

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
blueeyes01 wrote:
How can you use your fairy card to heal another player and can you use your fotter or vampire card to heal another player after it attacks or will they only give you the healing? THX

vampire and other steal spells only heal the caster. and to heal another player with fairy use the spell and click on them. unless you mean the one that says self only then no sorry.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
thanks everybody.
i'm on level 10 now so i have 2 more levels i guess to get another training point.
I'm in the school of life but i like the death, fire, and ice spells too.
So i might make another character also.
By the way, my character's name is Angela GhostRider...and yes, i love the movie Ghost Rider...LOL!!!! [/quote want me to help train you in marleybone? please be my friend.

Lv. 33 Matthew Skyblade :?