Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips & Hints

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2008
can sombody tell me how to get to another world like moo shu?(i did subscribe so i guess that was the first step)

Survivor
Jul 16, 2008
Defender
Aug 19, 2008
siveon298 wrote:
can sombody tell me how to get to another world like moo shu?(i did subscribe so i guess that was the first step)

You will get a quest that will eventually allow you to travel the spiral to the next world.

How do you get that quest?

Do all the quests on Unicorn, Cyclops, Tritan, and Fire..

About the time you are ready to go to Colosus watch for the Headmaster to send you to fight Nightshade in the Tower in the Haunted Cave. When you complete that series of tasks, you will get the key to go "only" to Krokotopia.

There you will have to complete quests for the Sun Pyramid, the Krokosphinx and Temple of Storms before you are granted the key to the next world.

Now get on those quests!

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Cynical wrote:
siveon298 wrote:

Do all the quests on Unicorn, Cyclops, Tritan, and Fire..

About the time you are ready to go to Colosus watch for the Headmaster to send you to fight Nightshade in the Tower in the Haunted Cave. When you complete that series of tasks, you will get the key to go "only" to Krokotopia.
if you want you could stay back a while like i did and finish extra things in wizard city. or you could just skip ahead to kroktopia... but if you chose to do the smith and library dues quest... your gonna need to stay back at collosus to get those quests off your chest. plus you need to finish smiths to gt beetle quest in kroktopia.

the world order goes like this:

wizard city,

kroktopia (i think it is the world of balance which isnt good for me since im balance),

marleybone (city of proper manners)

moo shoo (not there yet)

and upcoming dragonspyre

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
can some one please tell me how to get all those diffrent pets. like the dragon with stars, the gost, evil snow man, ect. please tell me!! i really want to know!

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
The Dragon with the stars was a gift from KingsIsle to Beta Testers. It will never be available again.

Some of the other pets can be purchased in the Pet Stores in the various worlds.

The remaining pets are "drops" that you get from battling different bosses. There are numerous threads that tell you what pets you can get from which bosses. Look for them.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
to get training points you can do the quests for zeke and you get one for every four lvls once at lvl 20 you get one at every 5 lvls thats how :-) :) say hi if yees see me my name is isaac my real name then lifegiver. Isaac Lifegiver :D

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
:-) :)anyone who started playing the game during beta testing got a special dragon ONLY for the first wizard they made after beta 8)

Survivor
Jul 28, 2008
1Sonicboom wrote:
Here's a tip

Use weak traps like, don't know the name but, 20% damage first on the enemy before using traps like 70% because the traps go backwards in the order they were put on.

So say i had ice trap, elemental traps, and the 70% trap. I would first put on the elemental trap because it gives 25%. Then the ice trap which gives 30%, then the 70% then get ready for some major damage.

the traps and blades are simply math, or more specifically, multiplying. ORDER DOES NOT MATTER!!!!

for example:
100 + 20% -> 120 + 70% -> 204 + 50% -> 306
now same numbers and different order:
100 + 50% -> 150 + 70% -> 255 + 20% -> 306
no mistakes here but it's good to put feint last as it puts a trap on you too

also, each kind of trap, shield, blade, or weakness works once in a single attack. so if you put 2 storm trap 25% then only one will work, but if you put a 25% storm trap and a 30% one from a treasure card then they both will work. same goes for other buffs/debuffs

PS1: Hydra draws fire, ice, and storm traps separately for each head, and balance blade works once for each head, but weakness (power debuff) works on all heads at the same time

PS2: Minotaur strikes twice, so use 2 traps and/or blades, and the double hit is useful if the enemy has a single myth/tower shield on or you have one weakness on, so the first attack, which hits for 50 dmg, gets rid of those, so that the real dmg of the second strike is not debuffed

take those things in consideration when devising a good battle plan

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
My eyes have been recently opened to a "revelation" of sorts.

Wizards usually go for the power, rather than defense. Here is something that happened. A fire wizard kept kicking my tail in the arena with a single, powered up Helephant.

By the time I reconfigured my deck to include Fire shields and Absorbs, the wizard took his leave.

This is what I am saying. For those wizards that enjoy pvp'ing, use shields. While slapping on the traps and throwing up blades is all good, traps and blades become effectively useless when faced against a shield. I am not talking about Absorbs at the moment, but simply the -50% shields from Ice, and the more effective -70%/-80% elemental shields.

I am beyond going back to re-train now, since you still cannot get a refund for spent training points, but for those that enjoy pvp, including shields from every single element is probably one of the smartest things to do.

With the new PvP system coming out, taking a look at your line-up, you can easily see which elements you will be facing. Simply configure your deck to include shields against those respective elements.

With the exception of balance, in which you could use Absorbs, powered up spells will no longer become an issue.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
i am not the guy here Lol but i have some hints for ya to.pet hints

.looking for a ghost? try Mooshu to kill a death Oni.

.Ghoul? talk to a tree in mooshu.

ninja pigs,goat monks and spiders can be found in Mooshu in home base. Zeke is there but look for a flag that has a piggle on it.they cost 5,050 gold so save'em up!

Dark fairies...going to have to check with TheJello for them i am pretty sure you have to defeat someone

santa's helper?wait till next christmas and buy crowns

snowman? 2 ways you can get him, defeat Pops o'leary(marleybone) or wait till christmas time(again crowns.)

also be on the lookout for heartsong on Valentine's day she's got a Valentine's day piggle.

hope this helps to find some hidden pets.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
hey i am back race101 and i have somthing to tell you.

looking for a cool trasure card?battle eneimes in marleybone, and find the words mutate firecat into storm cat.(remember only found in marleybone)

looking for the place where you are giving a whole lot of xp and gold.mooshu is the place. battling bosses may get your gold to 100's talking reaches hights of xp into the 1,000's or 2,000's.also look for wooden chests they might give you a lot of gold.

looking for the clothes that give you hot cards in mooshu.Zeke! he has the Hydra!!! which is fire,ice and storm.i have NEVER seen it in action but it looks H O T!!! plus it gives you health to the 200's.(the hydra to me looks like a three headed dragon with diffrent colors.)

looking for the petshop in Marleybone?sorry there isn't any.

having trouble with stary cat surt? some of them might me hidden in boss or elite terrority.

do not know where the first or the second oasis bettle is? first oasis bettle.back of shirt and wand store.second oasis bettle next to krokatopia librays by a tree.

Hope this helps in the future!

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
i just got a snowman in knights tower in marleybone like a week ago
it give's you a card

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
i think balance and death is a good combinition
because as balance you get more power pip like the spell + 45% power pip
and death because as death if you have 1 power pip you can summon a two pip monster and storm isn't like that idk about the other cards but storm isn't

mitchell deathhunter

death/strom

lvl 38

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
AxelRox2 wrote:
take out all bosses minions first to make the battle easier ;)

Yes AxelRox2, I do the same thing when I face a boss. If you defeat the minions first, its a higher chance of you winning. Trust me, I beat the minion first and then the boss and I win! If it doesn't work, you can still see that you almost defeated the boss!

Ethan ShadowWraith, Savior of the Spiral, Level 48 Master Diviner/Pyromancer

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D

Yes ultimatewizard, I too am a professional boss hunter! lol
Trust me I beat Malistaire!
Good Luck to you all facing bosses!
GO STORM!

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
Speak nicely! If you dont speak kindly then wizard101 will contact your parents! So be safe and happy! :?
luna0616

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Defender
Nov 05, 2008
siveon298 wrote:
is there any tips on how to get to any other world cause im stuck in wizard city i want to go to places like moo shu(i did subscribe i just dont know to get to moo shu or kroktopia)

do your quest, help others with there quest and do your quest, talk to everyone with a mark over thier head, do the quest and you will move on to other worlds make friends and when you port using the new feature soon to be out you will be able to tell if your friend is in another world, Plz remember though when you port ask first, you never know if they are near the end of battle, if you will bring in more monsters, if they are low on mana,in an instance leveal you are not ready for(and will take a space that can not be refilled if you leave) lastly neveer ever port and flee on a friend, you would not want someone to do this to you.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
wildtiger6 wrote:
Where is the Meowiarty Hideout in Marlybone?

Well, he wanders Marleybone but his true lair is in BIG BEN!!!
Once, you beat Katzenstein you can go back to the Royal Museum and talk to this guy and then talk to the other guy which has a quest for you. You have to beat two towers to do Big Ben. The two towers are West and East Counterweight. There is one boss at the end of each tower.
East Counterweight=Sprockets(Drops Rat Magician pet I got it!!!)
West Counterweight=Bellows(Drops Clockwork Golem pet)
Big Ben=Meowiarty(Drops Osiris Papyrus a krokotillian pet with a krokotillian card I got it!!!!)

Hope I helped!
Ethan ShadowWraith Level 50 Grandmaster Diviner/Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Good, good. Someone who actually takes the time of THEY'RE day for kids in need of help in the fantastic world of Wizard 101. I can use this aswell to. You right now could actually be helping 10 people. Thank you. You are very kind.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
ultimatewizard wrote:
AxelRox2 wrote:
FINALLY someone who does battles this way. And i thought i was alone in the world. :D

yeah same here 8)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009

in a battle you can use a trap on someone and then use a power boosting move on yourself last you use a spell on the person you used the trap on. for example use a fire trap on someone then use a fire boost charm on yourself last you use a fire spell on the person you used the trap on. 8)

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009