Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

~balance school club~

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
Hello,i am having trouble with ironworks so i came here for advise.If you have ideas please post i was hoping other balance wizards could help me.

- sierra stongthorn still 31,lv

never mined just finished could use some help for other stuff though

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Hello, my name is Taryn Jadewhisper. I was formerly a Death Student, then got stuck in DS, so I began to study Balance. I love being a Balance student. I found it to be a lot easier than Death. Other players actually fear Balance, until they are on the same team, then they get to be demanding, using our abilities to their advantage. I love it.
And the reason I think it's sometimes called sand magic, is because its school is located on KT, which is mostly sand. Also, the majority of our spells are based on sand-based characters. I wouldn't get too upset about it. Take it as a compliment :)

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
Mirako wrote:
I would like to contribute a few opinions on secondary schools to Balance to this thread. I recently started a Balance wizard (who is now level 23) and decided to go with Myth as a secondary school because others seemed to suggest it. I have to say that looking back I think this was a very large mistake and am hoping they allow you to undo your training point spending in the near future. I hope that some people will read this before choosing Myth hastily. I will address the personal reasons why I think Myth is a horrible secondary class for Balance.

For starters, the accuracy is quite frustrating, 80% may seem somewhat reliable, but in my experience I find myself choosing my slightly less powerful Balance spells simply out of fear of the ever so common fizzle. Although this improves later with good gear supposedly, it is still very frustrating through most of the game.

The other main issue is not so much that the cards you get are bad, just that they have nothing that makes them stand out over your own Balance cards. Every single card up to Humongofrog has a balance counterpart that costs the same amount of pips (with the downside of eating power pips) and only a slightly larger damage ratio. This slight boost in damage is soon negated by Balance boosting gear. At level 23 my balance spells are already boosted to a point of being equally powerful if not more so than all my Myth spells. On top of that, Myth has 5% less accuracy. As for Minotaur and Earthquake, these two cards are the few in the game that actually hinder a Sorcerer's strategy with their damage boost and charm eating. Everyone knows damage boosts and charms are the bread and butter of a Sorcerers strategy.

The ONLY benefit I can see Myth having to a Sorcerer are;

A) Boost against Balance creatures which resist Balance magic. (Myth is still inferior in this respect as Death and Life also give boosted damage with the bonus of restoring health)

B) Boost against Storm creatures which some people may have trouble dealing with.

Benefit B is really the only true benefit I cannot argue against, but in my experience, Storm creatures do not give me considerable trouble to a point that I would need to invest into an entire school to deal with.

A lot of people know Death is probably the best companion to a Sorcerer with the coveted Feint causing us to be even more deadly and health sapping moves being more reliable than the few inefficient health restoring moves available. I would think life wouldn't be too bad either up to Satyr for the major healing and being a better team player.

I honestly think ANY School would be a better school to invest in. Fire, Ice, and Storm may have their flaws, but play in with the elemental boosts reasonably well if you so choose.

I would appreciate feedback to some of the better aspects of Myth if there are any, as I am pretty depressed about my poor forethought.

(I remembered that there may be something to be said about Humongofrog's exclusive Spirit damage to all enemies being combined with Spirit Trap and Spirit Blade, but there is also, in my opinion, a better alternative in Fire school's Meteor Strike or Ice school's Blizzard combined with the more useful Elemental Blade/Trap. There is also the benefit of acquiring other useful exclusive spells in these schools such as Tower Shield and Sun Bird.)

i completely disagree i have myth as my secandary and i think its good because it has a positive effect on balance monsters ive found it quite helpfull oh and i'm ashleysandstrider go balance/judgement is amazing

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
HondaAccord59 wrote:
Hmmm...

I don't know about balance... I make 4 major points Attack Spells, Health, Sheilds, and Boosts.

BAD- The weakest school(What is the strongest spell seriously?).

BAD- Too Many Sheilds (Now you have only 4 attack spells I know!)

GOOD- Alot of sheilds.

BAD- Boost to three schools.

3/4 75% Bad but, 25% Good

Overall- BAD By 50%...

ok one the best spell is judgment or power nova

two waht lvl are you

three balance 100% good 0% bad

you cant have to many shields and there are more than four attack spells and your last support was untruee balance isnt effected by anything unless your wearing special gear so i am ticked off at you for saying this this is for positive things about balance

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I went with Ice (through Tower Shield) and Death (through Feint) for my secondary schools. I too did myth for my second, until I hooked up with a buddy and he laughed at me when I told him. There is nothing wrong with Myth as a main school, because Myth students do get some pretty awesome spells, but as a secondary school, it's not that great, especially for a Balance student, simply because non-myth students are limited to what spells they can get.

So I saved up my crowns and got back my training points. I went and got Ice and Death as mentioned above. Then I went back to Celestia and got the Sun School spells: the "strong" spells through Gargantuan, and then Amplify, Fortify, and Vengeance. I also accidentally got one of the Precision spells, but I'm not going to spend 7500 crowns for that one spell. You can use it with Spectral Blast. I also got Dispel from that trainer in Colossus Blvd, and a Death Shield from that girl in the game area in WC (sorry, I'm terrible with names.) I made sure to get Critical equipment as soon as I was able, as well, which has greatly increased my spell strength.
If anyone says that Balance is the "weakest" school, then I'm guessing they haven't progressed very far, because it does take quite a few levels to gain your strength in Balance. There actually IS no "weakest" school. They are all designed to have their strengths and weaknesses, thus putting them on equal footing.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Yes, there is no weakest school but there is a toughest school...... BALANCE!!!!!!!

Mason Sandtamer level 33 Sorcerer in the Shoshun Village

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Hey Sorcerers, I have a question. Since you get a new spell from your teacher
every level 8, 18, 28, and so on and I am almost a level 38. Does anyone know what the level 38 balance move is?

Mason Sandtamer level 34 Sorcerer and Diviner in the Kishibe Village

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I could be wrong--it's been many a moon since those days for me--but I do believe it's Power Nova.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
the X ranked spell jugement is simmaler (exuse the spelling) tothe pokemon move of the same name, but the pokemon move doesn't summon anything :(

Aaron ravenpants

sorcerer

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
pet9964 wrote:
Ello! My name is Sierra Swiftsteed, I am a Balnce wizard and a Life wizard (Life is secondary :P)! I am having a Grrrrrrreat time on this game! I have now become a level twenty, almost a level twenty one... yay!

I woke up this morning and relized that there are several different things about Wizard101. The most noticable one would be the arena.

While i was scoping more sites out i met the girl. She had beautiful wings on. The first thought that camr to my mind was "i want a pair of those"! I had no clue that it was even possible for there ti be wings like that in the first place. I asked her where she got those from and she said that she got them by defeating Lord Nightshade in his tower. I asked her how many times she had to defeat him to get them and she said that that did not matter(rude :x). She then said it was very rare and "I" probobly could never get some. But oh well i guess i did not take her advise :D. So I h

eaded out to defeat him...AGAIN! When I was done fighting, i did not get the wings, go figure. but i guess that i have to do it many times before I get anything? Help?

Another thing,... while i was there, with the new implications all, i noticed a chest (oooooh, Aaaaaaaah!). The chest name was the Obsidian Chest. What is it? Was it there before? Is it a new quest that came with new and improved Wizard101? Well even if it is, ... i cant open it, ughh! But that is why i am asking!

SOOOOO....... i need help! please help me?

love the lots of you, love always , a madam in distress. :D

:D The Obsidian Chests are part of a quest in DragonSpyre, each are filled with nine pieces of the DragonRider Staff, which you'll recieve after you've done the quest. :-)

Wizard City
Krokotopia
Marleybone
Mooshu
Dragonspyre
Celestia
(Optional) Grizzleheim

There are three kinds of wings you can own.

Seraph Wings
Bat Wings
Swiftshadow Wings

They're available in the Crown Shop :D

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
Balance rocks. I'm a little disapointed with Ra, though.
Balance wizards are wise, right?"
KI thought we wouldn't notice that Ra in the myths does not \have a flacon head?
whatever. balance is still awesome
have you guys seen the Sultans' Palace? Oh. Migod. I'm thinking of selling my Desert Villa so I have room to get it.
singed awesomsaucily,
Autumn OwlGlade
the only level 59 sorcerer NOT to have her level 58 spell
"I will do ANYTHING to defy you!"
-Midna, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
azelda49 wrote:
KI thought we wouldn't notice that Ra in the myths does not \have a flacon head?
have you guys seen the Sultans' Palace? Oh. Migod. I'm thinking of selling my Desert Villa so I have room to get it.
singed awesomsaucily,
Autumn OwlGlade
you knw a extra house slot comes with the bundle?
B.T.W. b-a-l-a-n-c-e- r-u-l-e-s

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Name: Sean Unicornleaf
Level: 60
Sec. School: Life
Tri. School: Moon and Sun
Health: 3,568
Mana: 540
Favorites: Judgement, Healing, Housing
Dislikes: PvP, cheating bosses
Favorite Spell: Judgement/Ra

Survivor
May 07, 2009
Hey Hey Hey, i am happy about balance. Death is overated, elements are ok, but balance is the perfect balance of fighting and powering

Tanner Earthflame Lvl 60 Legendary Sorcerer

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
azelda49 wrote:
singed awesomsaucily,
Autumn OwlGlade
actually ra or re did in fact have a falcon head he was the ancient Egyptians sun god in the myths.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Greetings, fellow sorcerers!

Here are my thoughts on our wonderful school- as you will see, I have a love-hate relationship with balance magic.

The good:

1. Ra
2. Power Nova
3. Judgment
4. Mander minion.

The bad:

1. Wintertusk
2. PVP
3. Minions who heal themselves instead of you.
4. Being all blades/shields until level 30-odd.

The ugly:

1. Life wizards
2. Death wizards
3. Balance bosses
4. That silly Earthquake.

Good to meet (in theory, anyway) all of you!

Laura Shadowsong,
Lv. 60, Legendary Sorcerer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Rhemas wrote:
Hiya,

I am a balance student 2nd school is life, and third is fire.
I have tried Myth, absolutely hate the teacher-reminds me of a certain potions master in hogwarts...
I have tried death, and it is ok...but alot of death enemies before you are lvl 20 so it made it kind of useless
I have tried storm, but the fizzles were too much

Balance is just that, perfect, found a fit with all things, almost done with Krokotopia...can't beat Krokopatra but give me time...and a couple of friends...

Ronan Dragonrider lvl 26

I laughed at this- you're right, Cyrus Drake reminds me a lot of Severus Snape. :) But that's part of why I love this game- I've been a huge Potter fan, ever since I was a kid, and still am; I was 12 when the first book came out, and I still love the series- that part of me never grew up, I guess. :D

Oh, & my secondary is fire, tertiary is death. Right now, I have about 6 training points (thanks, Wintertusk) and no idea what to spend them on. Any suggestions?

L.S.
Lv. 60 Legendary Sorcerer

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
HELLO! I'm Caitlin Silverblade, Adept Sorcerer, i'm 5/8 done with Krokotopia and my second school is death. I will never stop being a balance and I color all my clothes the school colors. Please add me if you see me anywhere!!! I don't really get those people who say balance is the worst school because balance is the best school.
Caitlin Silverblade, Adept Sorcerer
BALANCE FOREVER!!!!!!!
p.s. Add me to the club!

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
Balance Is The Best School Takes Down Fire Ice Storm Death And Lifes Advantages And Defence

In Pvp If You Are Balance And Have Judgement

You Can Use Shields To Block Any School ( + the training points you use for tower shield ) you can shield any school

and did i mention tower shield is the only shield that can block balance? the cool thing is that it only blocks 50% not 80% or 70%

when you have power pips full and regular pips

And you use blades and traps you simply use judgement and pwn the enemies

while you can also heal :D

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
Here Is A Balance Level 28-35 Advantage In Pvp!

first remember balance needs pips to survive!

At The Begin Of The Battle Try Making The Enemy Fizzle By Using A Very Talented Spell Called " Black Mantle "

Then When They Use Shields Who Cares Right? Expect Tower Shield Is A Balance Wizards Weakness

Shield All Schools And Always Have Tower Shield In Your Deck To Help You Shield Better Without Wasting Cards

When You Got Lots Of Power Pips Or Regular Pips Use Judgement

Remember Boost For Judgement You Always Need

Judgement Should Kill If It Does Not Kill Make Shore You Can Shield And Power Up For A Weaker Spell Or Another Judgement

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Rhemas wrote:
Hiya,

I am a balance student 2nd school is life, and third is fire.
I have tried Myth, absolutely hate the teacher-reminds me of a certain potions master in hogwarts...
I have tried death, and it is ok...but alot of death enemies before you are lvl 20 so it made it kind of useless
I have tried storm, but the fizzles were too much

Balance is just that, perfect, found a fit with all things, almost done with Krokotopia...can't beat Krokopatra but give me time...and a couple of friends...

Ronan Dragonrider lvl 26

be quite storm is good get ised to fizzleing and get accuracy gear