Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

~balance school club~

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
welcome my fellow sorcerors to the balance club! this is the club where all the balance students can chat about balance or anything else.

GO BALANCE!

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
Hiya,

I am a balance student 2nd school is life, and third is fire.
I have tried Myth, absolutely hate the teacher-reminds me of a certain potions master in hogwarts...
I have tried death, and it is ok...but alot of death enemies before you are lvl 20 so it made it kind of useless
I have tried storm, but the fizzles were too much

Balance is just that, perfect, found a fit with all things, almost done with Krokotopia...can't beat Krokopatra but give me time...and a couple of friends...

Ronan Dragonrider lvl 26

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008

Greetings

I'm Kane Dunerunner, Master of Balance. Secondary school is Life and tertiary school is Death.

While I admit to a certain bais in the matter I'd have to say that Balance school is very strong both in group situations, where buffs will help party members along with yourself, and also, in higher levels, it has the ability to dominate while soloing.

Life seems to be a very strong secondary choice of school. With spectral blast and at 42nd level access to Hydra the elemental schools seem well covered. Judgement is one of the strongest spells, I believe , in any school when properly prepared with buffs on the monster and yourself.

If anyone needs help and sees me around just ask I'll be glad to do what I can.

Did I mention that Balance rules?

Kane Dunerunner Lvl 47

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
anyone know a better robe thats like the cloak of the watchful and what monsters have a chance to drop?

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
I forgot to introduce myself...

Salutations fellow balance students!

My secondary is death and third is life, i realized that they were good choices because balance monsters get more damage from death and life and i can heal much. Im in mooshu and trying to finish as many quests as i can to gain fast levels. I did the math and i realized that until dragonspyre comes out, i can only get to satyr in my third school after getting to level 50 but that is good enough for me. Judgement is my favorite spell and is very useful to finish those weak mosters quickly and stock up damage to cause some major damage. I choose the equipment i wear depending on how much mana and health boost it gives so i have more health and mana then most of my friends. I rely on my friends a lot to help with my difficult quest and they are very nice and helpful, they never ask for anything in return though, if they did i would surely help, my bro asks for help a lot too in marleybone but he always catches me at a bad time. Im on most of the day in mooshu, ambrose realm, im in the cave of solitude right now.

Luke FireBringer, level 39

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Ello! My name is Sierra Swiftsteed, I am a Balnce wizard and a Life wizard (Life is secondary :-P)! I am having a Grrrrrrreat time on this game! I have now become a level twenty, almost a level twenty one... yay!

I woke up this morning and relized that there are several different things about Wizard101. The most noticable one would be the arena.

While i was scoping more sites out i met the girl. She had beautiful wings on. The first thought that camr to my mind was "i want a pair of those"! I had no clue that it was even possible for there ti be wings like that in the first place. I asked her where she got those from and she said that she got them by defeating Lord Nightshade in his tower. I asked her how many times she had to defeat him to get them and she said that that did not matter(rude :x). She then said it was very rare and "I" probobly could never get some. But oh well i guess i did not take her advise :-D. So I headed out to defeat him...AGAIN! When I was done fighting, i did not get the wings, go figure. but i guess that i have to do it many times before I get anything? Help?

Another thing,... while i was there, with the new implications all, i noticed a chest (oooooh, Aaaaaaaah!). The chest name was the Obsidian Chest. What is it? Was it there before? Is it a new quest that came with new and improved Wizard101? Well even if it is, ... i cant open it, ughh! But that is why i am asking!

SOOOOO....... i need help! please help me?

love the lots of you, love always , a madam in distress. :-D

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Hey fellow Sorcerers!

I'm Jack Legendhunter and I think it's awesome that the balance school is in Krokotopia. look out, though 'cuz some day I'll be the best Sorcerer in the game.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
Hello fellow sorcerers! My name is Boris Talestaff i am Level 12 and my secondary schools are fire and life.!

Currently, I am still in wizard city(boring) on cyclops lane(last street left) i really love balance its so cool!

P.S. BALANCE RULES

P.S.S BALANCE RULES!

Survivor
Jan 21, 2009
I would like to contribute a few opinions on secondary schools to Balance to this thread. I recently started a Balance wizard (who is now level 23) and decided to go with Myth as a secondary school because others seemed to suggest it. I have to say that looking back I think this was a very large mistake and am hoping they allow you to undo your training point spending in the near future. I hope that some people will read this before choosing Myth hastily. I will address the personal reasons why I think Myth is a horrible secondary class for Balance.

For starters, the accuracy is quite frustrating, 80% may seem somewhat reliable, but in my experience I find myself choosing my slightly less powerful Balance spells simply out of fear of the ever so common fizzle. Although this improves later with good gear supposedly, it is still very frustrating through most of the game.

The other main issue is not so much that the cards you get are bad, just that they have nothing that makes them stand out over your own Balance cards. Every single card up to Humongofrog has a balance counterpart that costs the same amount of pips (with the downside of eating power pips) and only a slightly larger damage ratio. This slight boost in damage is soon negated by Balance boosting gear. At level 23 my balance spells are already boosted to a point of being equally powerful if not more so than all my Myth spells. On top of that, Myth has 5% less accuracy. As for Minotaur and Earthquake, these two cards are the few in the game that actually hinder a Sorcerer's strategy with their damage boost and charm eating. Everyone knows damage boosts and charms are the bread and butter of a Sorcerers strategy.

The ONLY benefit I can see Myth having to a Sorcerer are;

A) Boost against Balance creatures which resist Balance magic. (Myth is still inferior in this respect as Death and Life also give boosted damage with the bonus of restoring health)

B) Boost against Storm creatures which some people may have trouble dealing with.

Benefit B is really the only true benefit I cannot argue against, but in my experience, Storm creatures do not give me considerable trouble to a point that I would need to invest into an entire school to deal with.

A lot of people know Death is probably the best companion to a Sorcerer with the coveted Feint causing us to be even more deadly and health sapping moves being more reliable than the few inefficient health restoring moves available. I would think life wouldn't be too bad either up to Satyr for the major healing and being a better team player.

I honestly think ANY School would be a better school to invest in. Fire, Ice, and Storm may have their flaws, but play in with the elemental boosts reasonably well if you so choose.

I would appreciate feedback to some of the better aspects of Myth if there are any, as I am pretty depressed about my poor forethought.

(I remembered that there may be something to be said about Humongofrog's exclusive Spirit damage to all enemies being combined with Spirit Trap and Spirit Blade, but there is also, in my opinion, a better alternative in Fire school's Meteor Strike or Ice school's Blizzard combined with the more useful Elemental Blade/Trap. There is also the benefit of acquiring other useful exclusive spells in these schools such as Tower Shield and Sun Bird.)

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
Hello fellow balance wizards. My name is Samuel Skyrider adept sorcerer (level 22). I am currently in krokotopia. Balace is the best school ever! It is just a little bit of everything.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Mirako wrote:
I have to say that looking back I think this was a very large mistake and am hoping they allow you to undo your training point spending in the near future.

You can already retain your points.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
hello all balance in this world and the next im jonathan titanbane
lvl 33 where can i find the ballance blade in ms

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
pet9964 wrote:
Ello! My name is Sierra Swiftsteed, I am a Balnce wizard and a Life wizard (Life is secondary :-P)! I am having a Grrrrrrreat time on this game! I have now become a level twenty, almost a level twenty one... yay!

I woke up this morning and relized that there are several different things about Wizard101. The most noticable one would be the arena.

While i was scoping more sites out i met the girl. She had beautiful wings on. The first thought that camr to my mind was "i want a pair of those"! I had no clue that it was even possible for there ti be wings like that in the first place. I asked her where she got those from and she said that she got them by defeating Lord Nightshade in his tower. I asked her how many times she had to defeat him to get them and she said that that did not matter(rude :x). She then said it was very rare and "I" probobly could never get some. But oh well i guess i did not take her advise :-D. So I headed out to defeat him...AGAIN! When I was done fighting, i did not get the wings, go figure. but i guess that i have to do it many times before I get anything? Help?

Another thing,... while i was there, with the new implications all, i noticed a chest (oooooh, Aaaaaaaah!). The chest name was the Obsidian Chest. What is it? Was it there before? Is it a new quest that came with new and improved Wizard101? Well even if it is, ... i cant open it, ughh! But that is why i am asking!

SOOOOO....... i need help! please help me?

love the lots of you, love always , a madam in distress. :-D

Hey sara , im nicholas soulmender

FYI it may take you 27 times before you get those wings :-(
it took me 32 times to get a balance staff from krokotopia &
the obsidian chest is for a quest in dragon spire srry....

hope this helps,

NSM lvl 28 balance wizard.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
hi i am a level 37 balance wizard (flint ravenflame) i think that my favorite second class is life i think balance is an awesome solo class so i decided that healing would be good. a tip for the other balance wizards when grouping let the others in your group know when you are putting balance blade or hex on so they dont waste it on wand spells. when pvping put on balance blade then hex and maybe a bladestorm a then fill up on poewr pips and you can one shot level 40s and up using judgement

BALANCE RULES

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
non8er wrote:
hi i am a level 37 balance wizards (flint ravenflame) i think that my favorite second class is life i think balance is an awesome solo class so i decided that healing would be good. a tip for the other balance wizards when grouping let the others in your group know when you are putting balance blade or hex on so they dont waste it on wand spells. when pvping put on balance blade then hex and maybe a bladestorm a then fill up on poewr pips and you can one shot level 40s and up using judgement

BALANCE RULES

Oh when I was a member still before I bought a hat from mb that had judgment card in it. I couldn't get the card 'cause I didn't make it to Chelsea Court yet and at that lvl I was only starting mb.

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
KillerPosey wrote:

Currently, I am still in wizard city(boring) on cyclops lane(last street left) i really love balance its so cool!

P.S. BALANCE RULES

P.S.S BALANCE RULES!

Well, then you'll love Krockotopia!

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Hmmm...

I don't know about balance... I make 4 major points Attack Spells, Health, Sheilds, and Boosts.

BAD- The weakest school(What is the strongest spell seriously?).

BAD- Too Many Sheilds (Now you have only 4 attack spells I know!)

GOOD- Alot of sheilds.

BAD- Boost to three schools.

3/4 75% Bad but, 25% Good

Overall- BAD By 50%...

Survivor
May 30, 2009
HondaAccord59 wrote:
Hmmm...

I don't know about balance... I make 4 major points Attack Spells, Health, Sheilds, and Boosts.

BAD- The weakest school(What is the strongest spell seriously?).

BAD- Too Many Sheilds (Now you have only 4 attack spells I know!)

GOOD- Alot of sheilds.

BAD- Boost to three schools.

3/4 75% Bad but, 25% Good

Overall- BAD By 50%...

Uhhh... I cant agree with you at all. To me balance is the BEST SCHOOL!!! It does totally depend on the secondary school though. Im a lvl 20 sorcer and my second school is life. Life has strong attacks, heals, and doesnt have many shield. I think they have one. So life balances balance!!!

p.s. BALANCE RULES!!!!!!

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
I'm Brandon Dragonheart. I'm a level 35. My second school is storm. Not sure why. I'm having trouble figuring out how to organize my deck to the best efficiency. I finally decided to have one deck ALL balance spells. I hate the storm spells. They are awesome, but fizzle a lot. I'm not all that convinced, however, that the balance spells are all that powerful. How do I maximize them?

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I love the balance school because the spells are very powerful and they practically NEVER fizzle. Plus, Arthur Wethersfield is pretty cool. Overall, I say Balance is definitely the best school out there.
My second school was Death, and it was an okay school, but the spells were dark and dreary, and that's just not me.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
Balnce rules i'm ryan jadespear I a'm levle 29 and I love balance especily when I found out there were more spells in krokatopia. :D

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Salutations Fellow Balance Students,

I too have found a balance in balance lol. I liked it so much I created three balance wizards. Am I missing out in other schools? I do not feel so and that is all that I am concerned with. Besides, I am the only one who needs to impress me lol. If I am happy then what others think is of little concern to me.

Why Balance? Why not? Why any school actually? One simple reason. That being, it makes you happy. If you create a wizard and do not like the school or direction it is going, how much fun will it be to play that wizard or even advance that wizard?

If you have a wizard and are happy with the direction it is going and enjoy playing it, regardless of the school, then, by all means, play that wizard. Advance him/her and enjoy the game. After all, thats what we pay for. The enjoyment of the game.

Is Balance the best school? For some yes, for others no. It all depends on what works well for you. That goes for any school. After all, there are seven to choose from. Find the school that works for you and go with it, as not all schools work well for everybody.

In my humble opinion, Balance suits me very well. As such I have decided to maximize every aspect I can of it and take it to its fullest potential.

James DreamWalker
Master Balance
lvl 45

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Im just a level 7 but i love all the spells that you can get!

Emma ShadowWalker

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
greetings all i am sabrina dragon walker i'm lvl 50 secondary schools death and ice

you can find me around arena

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Hey, Wolf DawnBlood is my name level 48 is my game...lol
i am (in order)BALANCE,STORM,and Death!!

All i have to say is that judgement is awesome when going solo and Power Nova in PvP ..i once destoryed all 4 wizards on the other team with just balance blade, blade storm, And POWER NOVA!!

i just needed to share that....BALANCE RULES!!!