Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

~balance school club~

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
hello fello sorcerers! I am level 22, Ronan Spellheart.

I have some advice, and a few questions.

Advice: get the wand at the wand shop with the minor flash thingy, it is a good atack that cost zero pips! this realy helps me gain pipps for the high, powerful spells.

Questions: how come no teachers, but proffeser flamea and greyrose comment and post on the message boards? i would like to talk to proffeser athuor winsefield! ( sorry if the names are miss-spelled) but, ya know! dont get me wrong, pro. flamea and greyrose are nice ladies but i would like to have a conversation with my teach! please tell me what you think
my other question is, if you go back to borris tallstaff in the library he may ask you to help him with the ravenwood news, you will interview the teachers, gamma, H.M. merle, and bartlebe, then he wants you to go talk to the librarian and the librarian asks you to find books all over wizard city (alot like the smiths) but i cant find a single one!!! not in unicornway, not in fesstivall park in cyclopse lane, or any where please help me!!!!

"wizards unite, in magic we trust" -what it says in some other language on the ravenwood banner thanks, - ronan spellheart

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Mirako wrote:
I would like to contribute a few opinions on secondary schools to Balance to this thread. I recently started a Balance wizard (who is now level 23) and decided to go with Myth as a secondary school because others seemed to suggest it. I have to say that looking back I think this was a very large mistake and am hoping they allow you to undo your training point spending in the near future. I hope that some people will read this before choosing Myth hastily. I will address the personal reasons why I think Myth is a horrible secondary class for Balance.

For starters, the accuracy is quite frustrating, 80% may seem somewhat reliable, but in my experience I find myself choosing my slightly less powerful Balance spells simply out of fear of the ever so common fizzle. Although this improves later with good gear supposedly, it is still very frustrating through most of the game.

The other main issue is not so much that the cards you get are bad, just that they have nothing that makes them stand out over your own Balance cards. Every single card up to Humongofrog has a balance counterpart that costs the same amount of pips (with the downside of eating power pips) and only a slightly larger damage ratio. This slight boost in damage is soon negated by Balance boosting gear. At level 23 my balance spells are already boosted to a point of being equally powerful if not more so than all my Myth spells. On top of that, Myth has 5% less accuracy. As for Minotaur and Earthquake, these two cards are the few in the game that actually hinder a Sorcerer's strategy with their damage boost and charm eating. Everyone knows damage boosts and charms are the bread and butter of a Sorcerers strategy.

The ONLY benefit I can see Myth having to a Sorcerer are;

A) Boost against Balance creatures which resist Balance magic. (Myth is still inferior in this respect as Death and Life also give boosted damage with the bonus of restoring health)

B) Boost against Storm creatures which some people may have trouble dealing with.

Benefit B is really the only true benefit I cannot argue against, but in my experience, Storm creatures do not give me considerable trouble to a point that I would need to invest into an entire school to deal with.

A lot of people know Death is probably the best companion to a Sorcerer with the coveted Feint causing us to be even more deadly and health sapping moves being more reliable than the few inefficient health restoring moves available. I would think life wouldn't be too bad either up to Satyr for the major healing and being a better team player.

I honestly think ANY School would be a better school to invest in. Fire, Ice, and Storm may have their flaws, but play in with the elemental boosts reasonably well if you so choose.

I would appreciate feedback to some of the better aspects of Myth if there are any, as I am pretty depressed about my poor forethought.

(I remembered that there may be something to be said about Humongofrog's exclusive Spirit damage to all enemies being combined with Spirit Trap and Spirit Blade, but there is also, in my opinion, a better alternative in Fire school's Meteor Strike or Ice school's Blizzard combined with the more useful Elemental Blade/Trap. There is also the benefit of acquiring other useful exclusive spells in these schools such as Tower Shield and Sun Bird.)

I simply disagree. I think Myth is a wonderful secondary school. (and soon I will start Life.) I think it is because there are powerful attacks like earthquake and Humongofrog. I find that these help alot, although do eat pips. Still, It's a good price to pay for damage. Hope this makes u happier.

Courtney StarHeart LVL 21 Balance/Myth

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
kona09 wrote:
HondaAccord59 wrote:
Hmmm...

I don't know about balance... I make 4 major points Attack Spells, Health, Sheilds, and Boosts.

BAD- The weakest school(What is the strongest spell seriously?).

BAD- Too Many Sheilds (Now you have only 4 attack spells I know!)

GOOD- Alot of sheilds.

BAD- Boost to three schools.

3/4 75% Bad but, 25% Good

Overall- BAD By 50%...

Uhhh... I cant agree with you at all. To me balance is the BEST SCHOOL!!! It does totally depend on the secondary school though. Im a lvl 20 sorcer and my second school is life. Life has strong attacks, heals, and doesnt have many shield. I think they have one. So life balances balance!!!

p.s. BALANCE RULES!!!!!!

That may be your opinion but i'm a level 26 Scorcer (Jessica EarthTamer) and there may be 2 many sheilds but you get a healing spell later on after defeating Krockospinx!

P.S. It takes little parts from all schools ( Balance, Fire, Ice, Storm, Death, Life, Myth, some of the power ups boost these schools.)

P.S.S. Balance Rules!!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I wrote somthing a few boxes up that had alittle advice and 2 questions. and under my username (rjack), level and time i joined it says messages:2 and i dont know how i am supost to see those messages? can sombody help me out!!! :(

wizards unite in magic we trust thanks, -noland spellheart

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
rjack wrote:

Advice: get the wand at the wand shop with the minor flash thingy, it is a good atack that cost zero pips! this realy helps me gain pipps for the high, powerful spells.

Questions: how come no teachers, but proffeser flamea and greyrose comment and post on the message boards? i would like to talk to proffeser athuor winsefield! ( sorry if the names are miss-spelled) but, ya know! dont get me wrong, pro. flamea and greyrose are nice ladies but i would like to have a conversation with my teach! please tell me what you think
my other question is, if you go back to borris tallstaff in the library he may ask you to help him with the ravenwood news, you will interview the teachers, gamma, H.M. merle, and bartlebe, then he wants you to go talk to the librarian and the librarian asks you to find books all over wizard city (alot like the smiths) but i cant find a single one!!! not in unicornway, not in fesstivall park in cyclopse lane, or any where please help me!!!!

"wizards unite, in magic we trust" -what it says in some other language on the ravenwood banner thanks, - ronan spellheart

Oh, I can help you with that! I've done this quest so I hope you don't mind if I tell you guys were they are. Sorry to people who think people should find it on there own. :?

Ok,
Life- Blake hope Tower, Death-Lord Night Shades Tower, Myth- I think Eyes Maximus Tower, Fire- Fire Elf Theater, Ice- Gobble stone Castle. I'm sorry I seem to have forgotten where the Storm is. (I haven't done this quest in awhile,sorry!)

Jessica Earth Tamer,
Adept Scorer,
Junior Archeologist!

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hey, all you fellow Scorers!
My name is Jessica Earth Tamer! I'm a level 26 Hooray! I might as well tell you guys about myself. My first character was this one. My first school is Balance, Secondary- Death and then finally Life! I'm so anxious to go to Marley Bone! I'm working on defeating Krockopatra and I need help please if you see me I need tons of help. My sister Samantha Frost Eyes is tring to meet up to my standards lol. When will she ever learn that i'll always be ahead of her. I have to say she is pretty close though she is a level 20 Thaughmaturge. I know huh? The great thing is we will help each other till the end and play lots of PVP lol! Catch up with you guys later!

Jessica Earth Tamer,
Adept Sorcer,
Junior Archeologist!

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Hello everyone I am a level 41 Balance student, this is my second account, my first I was a life student, I wish ihad started with balance lol anyways I am having a hard time finding my Spectral Minion doesw anyone know where I can get mine I have heard about it but no definate information. thanks

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
thank you chipmunk246!!! that helps alot. :Dnow i can finish the quest, oh if any one knows where the storm book is, tell me! :Dbut ya, that realy helps. Balance rules!:D thanks agine, -noland spellheart ( oh and somtimes i put roland, but its not haha it was just a mix-up)

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Hi, balance is so awesome I just love it. At first the spells are kind of weak but then wow, awesome! I'm level 48 balnce wizard and still think it's awesome. Also hydra is kind of weak especially compared to some of the other school's rank 6 cards even life which usually is pretty weak. I love judgement I have like a 30% increase to balnce so it always does awesome damage. I kinda have a couple of myth cards , that was a bad choice not only is myth like the worst school without sommining I also never use it because I can't use power pips on it. I haven't used a training point forever I have 2 training points. For the moderaters who are reading this I think we should be able to sell training points for like 10,000 or somthing. Anyway balance is soooooooooo awesome yay.

Brandon Earth Leaf Level 48 Master Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
unicornluver777 wrote:
Hello everyone I am a level 41 Balance student, this is my second account, my first I was a life student, I wish ihad started with balance lol anyways I am having a hard time finding my Spectral Minion doesw anyone know where I can get mine I have heard about it but no definate information. thanks

You learn spectral minion at level 42 you cant get it yet because your only level 41. Once you level up talk to Alahazered and do his quest. Balance rules!!

Brandon Earthleaf 43 Master Sorcerer

Survivor
May 14, 2009
Hi im tatiana spellweave im a level 29 balance wizard almost level 30 im so SO excited to be under a thousand xp points away from being a magus! BALANCE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just wish you could get more training points and faster because my 3rd school is death and i wish i had done life. im just going to the ironworks in mb and its AWESOME ps i love cats and balance

EDIT

im now level 30 and i REALLY need help finishing the judgement quest at the mctavish hideout the level 5 boss and level 4 boss so if you see tatiana spellweave please chat to me 'im from the forums to the hideout of mctavish' or something like that

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
rjack wrote:
thank you chipmunk246!!! that helps alot. :Dnow i can finish the quest, oh if any one knows where the storm book is, tell me! :Dbut ya, that realy helps. Balance rules!:D thanks agine, -noland spellheart ( oh and somtimes i put roland, but its not haha it was just a mix-up)

No problem! If anyone needs helps please tell me I'll be glad to help;)

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I am so stumped I can't find the Emperor's Retreat Beetle can someone please tell me where it is. Pretty Please?Thankachoo!

Jessica Earth Tamer,
Adept Sorcerer,
Krokatopia Delver

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
HondaAccord59 wrote:
Hmmm...

I don't know about balance... I make 4 major points Attack Spells, Health, Sheilds, and Boosts.

GOOD- Alot of sheilds.

Overall- BAD By 50%...

dude... you need to make some serious rearangements

balance is for helping people not for using the spells on themslefs

if you use spells on your self thats fine but its useless if your not that school ok?

P.S. balance gets the most cards in the game...

P.S.S. Balance is the best school no matter what other people say!

little facts for you people hope they help

Nicholas SoulMender
Level 30

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
rjack wrote:

hello fellow sorccer i am here to help you find those books!

those books are located in boss towers such as *lady Blackhope`s* tower.
lol.
hope this helps,
Nicholas SoulMender,
level 30 :D :D
lol.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
rjack wrote:

Hello Fellow Sorcerers,

I am Julia SandCloud a level 27 balance student.

Here is my help for Ronan Spellheart. Look at the quest. Then you see what history of magic you need to find. Let's start with Unicorn Way, where you will find the history of Life magic. Walk onto Unicorn Way and defeat Lady Blackhope, and on the side of her is a book that says above is "History of Life Magic" then go to hit and click "x" on your keyboard. You have just collected that.

Firecat Alley= Fireglobe Theater
Cyclops Lane= General Akilles Tower
Triton Avenue= The Harvest Lord Tower
Haunted Cave= Stormdrain Tower (where you defeat Lord Nightshade)
Colosus Boulevard= Gobble Stone Castle

If you need any help please contact me... i think i will start a help club....

Thxxx!!!!

Julia Sandcloud

PS If you need help killing (the name we shall not say) uhhhh (gag) malistaire then ok but i already have a group.... my bro and 2 cuzs the best!!!!

byeeeeeee
Hope that helped!

I

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Hello, balance students. I am Leesha Dragonheart, I am Level 50 Balance Grandmaster. My daughter started playing Wizard 101 2 1/2 months ago, but is young and always ask for help. Because of this I fell in love with the game just helping her and am addicted. I have finished all spiral worlds except grizzleheim. I am always looking for people to help, so please look for me near the Bazzar in wizard city if anyone needs help with a quest. Hope to see ya'll soon.
:-)

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Hi my name is John LegendHunter a sorerer. It so cool to have a lot of balance wizard around to chat with. This game is so fun when you balance and playing solo through out the game even in ds, i die a couple of time by a balance boss, but it when well at the end.

John LegendHunter
Master sorerer Lvl 42

Ps: cant wait to get to level 45 i'll be super strong with the new master cloth

Survivor
May 06, 2009
Hello fellow Sorcerers! :)
It's really nice to chat with a bunch of balance wizards like me! The School of balance is SO misunderstood. My friend, who is also a balance wizard, used judgment in the arena, and everyone said it was unfair and she was cheating. But it is just a spell, so why is it considered cheating?

Jordan Titanthief
Adept sorcerer Lvl 22

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
kona09 wrote:
HondaAccord59 wrote:
Hmmm...

GOOD- Alot of sheilds.

Overall- BAD By 50%...

Uhhh... I cant agree with you at all. To me balance is the BEST SCHOOL!!! It does totally depend on the secondary school though. Im a lvl 20 sorcer and my second school is life. Life has strong attacks, heals, and doesnt have many shield. I think they have one. So life balances balance!!!

p.s. BALANCE RULES!!!!!!
dudes i'm balance and i've seen people that are lvl 50 balance in action in the biggining you will probibly think its not worth it but it is once you see power nova move you will rethink that and will be proud and overjoyed that you are balance

-Angel Stardust lvl 28 balance

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
Catsrock94105 wrote:
Hi im tatiana spellweave im a level 29 balance wizard almost level 30 im so SO excited to be under a thousand xp points away from being a magus! BALANCE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just wish you could get more training points and faster because my 3rd school is death and i wish i had done life. im just going to the ironworks in mb and its AWESOME ps i love cats and balance

EDIT

im now level 30 and i REALLY need help finishing the judgement quest at the mctavish hideout the level 5 boss and level 4 boss so if you see tatiana spellweave please chat to me 'im from the forums to the hideout of mctavish' or something like that
just walk around the boss and pick up the crate i finnaly tried this after some guy with the same quest beat the boss together and then he TOOK THE BOOK!! i waited for hours and it didn't reapeer i ask him to help me again and HE WOULDN"T!! i went back in saw the book case and went around and took it it's as easy as that. p.s: i got my vengence when i promptly destroyed him in a pvp match lvl33 magus of balance Ryan Jadespear PPS: BALANCE RULES!!!!!!!!

Defender
May 24, 2009
Hi I a balence wizerd level 29 balence/life wiz and i that balence is awasome beacase it has a spell named judgmet witch if used right can destroy malistere :)

Defender
May 24, 2009
hi i am josephtitanblood leval 29 balence if you have any balence questions ask me BALENCE RULES

Explorer
Aug 09, 2009
pet9964 wrote:
Ello! My name is Sierra Swiftsteed, I am a Balnce wizard and a Life wizard (Life is secondary :P)! I am having a Grrrrrrreat time on this game! I have now become a level twenty, almost a level twenty one... yay!

I woke up this morning and relized that there are several different things about Wizard101. The most noticable one would be the arena.

While i was scoping more sites out i met the girl. She had beautiful wings on. The first thought that camr to my mind was "i want a pair of those"! I had no clue that it was even possible for there ti be wings like that in the first place. I asked her where she got those from and she said that she got them by defeating Lord Nightshade in his tower. I asked her how many times she had to defeat him to get them and she said that that did not matter(rude :x). She then said it was very rare and "I" probobly could never get some. But oh well i guess i did not take her advise :D. So I headed out to defeat him...AGAIN! When I was done fighting, i did not get the wings, go figure. but i guess that i have to do it many times before I get anything? Help?

Another thing,... while i was there, with the new implications all, i noticed a chest (oooooh, Aaaaaaaah!). The chest name was the Obsidian Chest. What is it? Was it there before? Is it a new quest that came with new and improved Wizard101? Well even if it is, ... i cant open it, ughh! But that is why i am asking!

SOOOOO....... i need help! please help me?

love the lots of you, love always , a madam in distress. :D
T The Obsidian Chest you are referring to is from a dragonspyre quest (won't go further not to spoil). Have fun.
Leesha Dragonheart

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
if ya want to power up judgement a lot learn feint it really helps

i am a level 47 sorcerer
TREVOR SHADOWBREEZE