Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi Ghost Stone,

I do not think PVP gear (clothes) is a problem in and of itself. I think it gives a significant advantage over those that do not have it. I was facing Wizards with PVP gear (all clothes and deck) as a private at my level. With the number of cards I had available I could not hope to defeat them.

I had gear from bazaar and stood no chance against anyone.

I eventually found out about the gear Lord Nightshade drops and farmed it. It was only then that I started winning against non PVP gear wizards.

This is when I started a new PVP wizard and was winning 4 matches per 1 loss with Lord Nightshades gear.

Since, I have faced players with PVP gear as high as level 39 and am down to 2 wins for each loss so I am now winning maybe half my matches.

In the end, power pips, deck size and regular deck spells is how they defeat me. If those wizards had regular gear I would have won most of those matches. Their rings, athames and amulets give them significant advantages with cards and health as well.

BTW, my other wizard is a level 10 with 2 pieces of PVP gear, and he faces other wizards 30+ level higher that have PVP gear as well.

I love the environment KI provides for general game play. Ranked PVP should always be competitive, sadly it is not.

I did not understand your comment about crowns not costing money?

Thanks....

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

I just realized you said that you had to be Level 10 to use the gear.

I was refering to the gear Diego sells, Hat, Robe and boots. His gear only requires Level 5 to be used I believe.

At level 10 the Rings and Decks come into play.

Thanks....

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Gabriel Stormhunte... on Nov 16, 2013 wrote:
Hi Ghost Stone,

I do not think PVP gear (clothes) is a problem in and of itself. I think it gives a significant advantage over those that do not have it. I was facing Wizards with PVP gear (all clothes and deck) as a private at my level. With the number of cards I had available I could not hope to defeat them.

I had gear from bazaar and stood no chance against anyone.

I eventually found out about the gear Lord Nightshade drops and farmed it. It was only then that I started winning against non PVP gear wizards.

This is when I started a new PVP wizard and was winning 4 matches per 1 loss with Lord Nightshades gear.

Since, I have faced players with PVP gear as high as level 39 and am down to 2 wins for each loss so I am now winning maybe half my matches.

In the end, power pips, deck size and regular deck spells is how they defeat me. If those wizards had regular gear I would have won most of those matches. Their rings, athames and amulets give them significant advantages with cards and health as well.

BTW, my other wizard is a level 10 with 2 pieces of PVP gear, and he faces other wizards 30+ level higher that have PVP gear as well.

I love the environment KI provides for general game play. Ranked PVP should always be competitive, sadly it is not.

I did not understand your comment about crowns not costing money?

Thanks....

Yeah, it's more of a pairing problem than a gear problem. I don't think anyone level 8 should have to face someone 4 times their level. No mater how good you are you are still just a level 8.

The thing about crowns was a typo, I have fixed it. I was meant to say Tournaments costing Crowns.

The PvP gear from Diago is any level, you just need the required rank to use it.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
Hi Wizard101, I'm concerned about Rank Pvps. In my opinion, I think Wizard101 should pay more attention to Pvp. For example, Lower levels such as level 50's and down should only be able to pvp each other, Instead of Pvping Higher levels such as level 50's and up. This issue has become really noticable, but as I reckoned, Wizard101 seems to be ignoring this issue. Wizards have been Reporting this Issue numerous times, But Haven't gotten any replies from the Wizard101 Staff. I think If Wizard101 Fixes this Important issue, Pvp would be more fair, And Wizards would get along properly, and not argue about which team is better, Because the outcome can be quite fustrating to both teams. Please Fix this Issue Wizard101. It can lead to circumstances that can cause Wizards to eventually quit to the fustrastion of Rank Pvp. Therefore Please make Rank Pvp more Fair.

Thanks ~Tiffany

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

You are correct regarding this issue.

I am a level 8 PVP warlord with NO PVP gear.

I face level 35 - 39 almost all the time, the lowest in weeks was a level 26 with all Diego PVP clothes and Pack wand.

No matter how good I am, there is little chance for me to win.

So, I have decided to stay in practice matches for Level 8 - Level 14.

They are my level OR the next class higher.

I win because I am better than most, almost lost today to a level 14 that had all "pack" and crown shop gear. His power pips and cards from the gear almost did me in. I survived an attack from Storm Hound, Polar Swarm, then Ice Kracken. I have never been hit so hard and fast in the fewest possible rounds once storm hound was cast.

With all the NEW tournament types KI came out with I guess FAIR was not on the list.

As I said before, I understand that KI needs to bring in money to stay in business and am willing to pay to compete in FAIR PVP. I am not going to throw money away just to be paired with Level 39 wizards that have PVP gear and get crushed to get a few tickets.

I want to compete for bragging rights and a trophy for my house.

Thanks....

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
I don't want to come across as rude (honestly), but get some gear already. With the insane number of tickets awarded from taking part in tournaments, it has never been easier to obtain PvP gear. Then you'll be on equal footing and can work on getting that trophy. Even with a high PvP rating, you'll be matched against opponents that are relatively close to your level. I can think of an instance where I was pulled into the next bracket up (game warned me it was doing this), but I won the tournament anyway so I guess it was fair. As for regular PvP, some of those fights can be tough even with gear due to the level differences. I mostly find them challenging (though I do get frustrated sometimes :D). Dueling players in my level range has become easy and has lost its appeal.

Good luck.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Gabriel Stormhunte... on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
Hi Corwin,

Wow, your explanation sounds like it came right from KI. Spend crowns, lose every match and KI will give you PVP gear, did I miss something? KI might as well just put PVP Tickets in the crown shop for sale.

I can get the gear, I have plenty of tickets and I have crowns.

I do not want to level up. I like the short battles that the low levels provide. 1 card or a single fizzle can be the difference in the match. This reminds me of speed chess back in high school several decades ago.

If I level up to 16/20 as you suggest I will no longer be playing level 35 - 39. How could you have possibly overlooked this? If my current situation is any indication then I will be forced to have matches with wizards 30+ levels higher than I am. What really was accomplished by going to Level 16/20 then? The level 50 gear, spells and DECKS would once again will be far superior to mine.

What could possibly be bad about a system that has wizards which are the same level/rank/gear competing against each other? If they win several matches, upgrade gear or level up they move to a more difficult rank/level. If I am a Level 8 Warlord and every level 8 loses to me then I am better.

KI, unlike so many others here in the forums complaining about fees, I understand business and that KI needs to find additional ways to generate income, I am fine with this. Many people are mad for the same reasons I am, many have stopped playing PVP. Please reconsider the system and provide an environment that is truly competitive.

When you do this, perhaps many of the unhappy players will return to PVP and happily pay.

I want to enter the tournaments for bragging rights and a trophy at my house, not for gear. I will gladly pay a reasonable entry fee to have competitive matches.

It is better business to get a few crowns from many, than many crowns from a few.

Thank you....

The bottom line, to be honest, is that you can either take advantage of the system that exists or you can gripe and complain. Maybe it's time to consider getting with the program. There are 1,000 different opinions about how PvP "should be". I deal with how it is. By the way, many of us like it just fine the way it is.

I obtained the PvP gear. I also have a rating in excess of 1,500, which is no small feat at level 20. You think it's tough facing players in the 30s? Try taking on players that are level 60 - 62, complete with criticals. I win many of those, by the way. Perhaps you'd be content to steamroll over players in your level range. Ever consider that there's a reason that the game matches you against tougher opponents? As for tournaments, I've won 6 of the last 8 1v1 tournaments that I entered and have an impressive trophy display at my house. I got with the program.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
Gabriel Stormhunte... on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:
You are correct, it is unfair and I have 2 theories as to why.

1) The first is that KI hopes you will spend money in the crown shop attempting to become more competitive with wizards you have little chance of defeating, if these wizards know what they are doing.

2) The second is that PVP is not drawing the number of people KI had hoped. I tried to do a PVP match this afternoon and waited for what seemed forever, never got a match. Tried a few minutes later, same thing. I did get a couple of matches in later, but still had to wait each time. I am a level 8 wizard. How is it possible with 35,000,000 wizards signed up that any wizard up to level 38 was not available for me to battle?

I have spoken with so many wizards I could not even give you an estimate. Most have not done PVP in a long time, some more than a year for the same reason you bring up.

We all want a fair fight and KI is not providing that.

It is 7:30 PM EST and there is only 26 reported PVP battles listed in 1v1. I had several friends go to different realms and report to me how many were listed at the same time. Each realm reported the same number give or take a couple. If only 5% of all wizards do PVP there is 1,750,000 wizards available. Of this number only 26 have set up matches for 1v1?

Even if KI had 1000 instances of Match Sign up running on servers this is still only 26,000 set up matches.

How PVP should be set up.

Multiple Classes

Open Class - Anything goes, any gear.
Classes for each Wizard level/rank with PVP gear and without Gear.

Ex:

Level 8 wizard Private without PVP gear only battles Level 8 wizard Private without PVP gear

Level 8 wizard Warlord with PVP gear only battles Level 8 wizard Warlord with PVP gear

You win enough you increase your rank and fight new players.
You level up your wizard you fight new players.
You level up AND get PVP gear, this is a double jump.

Option to fight higher classes

This would be fair.
Your right but I am the highest magus in the game and I can not face any one my level.Also yesterday I faced a lvl 70 death warlord and she went first.I think the lower level should ALWAYS go first.Thanks again.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Ok so a few weeks ago I decided to do a 2v2 ranked pvp match with my lvl 10 ice and my lvl 5 fire friend. Our ranks were only sergeant and corporal at the time. It took us a while to get a match but when we finally did we were horrified by our opponents. We were vs two lvl 30 warlords in full commander gear. How in the world would the pvp system think that's a fair match? After we lost I was very upset and still am now since my ice atm has a record of 26 wins and one loss. KI, I strongly advise you to check over the pvp system and adjust it so there aren't anymore unfair matches like that.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

There must be wizards that are at every level and at every rank. Just appears not that many.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I am a lvl 71 death just learned dr von's monster and a pvp warlord. I heard the new pvp system is based on levels. How come I meet a whole bunch of lvl 90-95 wizards with shadow magic while i am only 71 Their shadow magic is way too OP and got me defeated within few rounds. This really need to change. 1v1 PvP should be within 10 levels of range to be fair or else this is absolutely unfair
-Kenneth Night

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
4everL0ve on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
I am a lvl 71 death just learned dr von's monster and a pvp warlord. I heard the new pvp system is based on levels. How come I meet a whole bunch of lvl 90-95 wizards with shadow magic while i am only 71 Their shadow magic is way too OP and got me defeated within few rounds. This really need to change. 1v1 PvP should be within 10 levels of range to be fair or else this is absolutely unfair
-Kenneth Night
I think this is unfair but 10 level of range also sounds unfair to me. Also I think the reason they matched the 90's up with you is because you are a warlord.

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I agree. It will likely have to be the focus of upcoming updates. PvP will lose popularity if this keeps up.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
-Kenneth Night
I've quit ranked pvp on my balance and death because of this...If I could get fair matches, I would gladly pvp, but sadly, my pvp characters battle people 30 to 50 levels higher than them, depending on which character I choose. Myb alance grandmaster continuously battles level 90-95 people that have ranked down/just have very low rating. Critical spammers can get through my block easily. Shrike takes away my resist. High powered spells and enchants boost damage to go through my health. It is nearly impossible to win. It really is unfair, but perhaps a 20 level cap of the people you can battle instead? It would be easier to get a match, and still fair in most cases.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
Also, people often buy special gear from the crown shop to battle other people. It's so unfair. Besides, the crown gear helps them a lot of resistance and healing pets. Do any of you think this is also unfair?

-Gavin Moon Coin ( level 30 wizard)

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
I've quit ranked pvp on my balance and death because of this...If I could get fair matches, I would gladly pvp, but sadly, my pvp characters battle people 30 to 50 levels higher than them, depending on which character I choose. Myb alance grandmaster continuously battles level 90-95 people that have ranked down/just have very low rating. Critical spammers can get through my block easily. Shrike takes away my resist. High powered spells and enchants boost damage to go through my health. It is nearly impossible to win. It really is unfair, but perhaps a 20 level cap of the people you can battle instead? It would be easier to get a match, and still fair in most cases.
I completely agree with you, my level 88 Balance is always getting destroyed by 90's and 95's, even though I'm only a Private. I used to be a Knight but I can't even get into a match without a Critical Spammer 90 or 95, or some low level with TONS of resist. I swear I've fought people who are level 16 with nearly 100 resist. I have no idea how this is even possible, and also, the only reason people like that can beat me is because of Treasure Cards, without Treasure Cards, I can nearly guarantee that PvP would be allot more fair as well

Survivor
Jan 20, 2013
pvp might be unfair,but the good thing is .........................I got nothing,sorry.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Kings Isle really need to fix this. or else lower level pvp players will quit one by one..........................

Survivor
Aug 13, 2008
even at lower levels i am getting put in with level 40s at like 28 and being slaughered

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
my then-level-23 pyro sergeant once got matched with a level 60 warlord. i was done like dinner within a couple of rounds... by comparison, a level 71 vs 90 sounds reasonable.

i agree with whostheman1~ buying rank is an issue that needs to be addressed; i think this is partly to do with the fact that ki is pushing crowns items. if people who pvpay up have that kind of advantage over those who don't, it limits warlords to a select few who have spent money on the game and makes the rest of us more apt to pay for a chance at the title, which results in a huge profit for ki.

that said, i don't plan to pvp with my balance wizard anymore. i don't have (or want) shadow magic or expensive crowns items, mostly because it's all so stupidly overpowered that it makes me sick. we asked for a way to counter ice immunity and jade turtles~ not a way to bypass it completely.

-v.
1st age pvp sergeant

Survivor
Jan 11, 2014
I think that they should do every level you can learn a new card you go up the chain to face the others who learned a new card, Like 1-4 face each other 5-7 face each other 8 versus 9 and so on.

sincerely Flint, pet warlord.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2012
Yes, I just finished watching 2 different 1v1 ranked matches and both had a level 95 storm critical monster spamming wild bolt and bats while using shadow shrike. Their opponents were level 60 and 75. It was very frustrating to watch and made me angry. This is ridiculous to say the least. They need to fix this soon.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
I am not that keen on ranked anymore. I do tourneys.But going back to that ranked.Their might be 3 warlords my level.What are the chances they will be on and doing a ranked pvp match at the a same time I am?

Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
-Kenneth Night
Yeah I know its unfair. My level 17 warlord is always getting paired with people level 40 and up. I got paired eih 95's 4 times.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2013
Ii know about this shadow magic one time someone used lightning bats and it was 1000