Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
20
I am a level 5 myth Commander (yes i use tc and you should too) but i am sick of fighting level 25+ people my win ratio is now 50% my score used to be 24 wins 7 losses now it is 39 wins 19 losses so it gets very hard

Survivor
Dec 14, 2010
11
Kiley Iceblade on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I think pvp is very unfair. I am just a private trying to move up but I can't because I keep facing warlords and other high rank wizards that spam treasure cards. Even when I do face privates, most of the time they are 20+ levels higher than me and they also spam treasure cards and have criticals. I think they should change pvp so that you are going against people in the same level range and same rank. Ex: level 40-49 wizards that are privates. This would help a lot of people level up and become good at pvp battles

Kiley Iceblade level 48
Calamity Iceblade level 10
Yeah it's annoying, I thought it was supposed to pair you with people your level.
Whenever I do get paired with someone my level they are warlords.

They should update that because it's imposable to rank up.

Jonathan Spellmender level 69

Survivor
Aug 06, 2013
36
My goodness... i have the same issues! I'm tired of getting beat by lower levels using tc. And tower shields... i want to rip my hair out! I wish tc, healing, and shields weren't allowed. Every time i get so close to defeatins someone- literally 200 health and under- they cast satyr and eventually beat me. I could be so much a better pvper if healing, tc, and shields weren't allowed. I wish pvp wasn't around sometimes for these reasons. Also, i wish the ratio of wins and defeats could be optionally displayed. Mine's is very embarassing.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
3
whats is wrong with this game when I was in pvp this guy with 110 critical went threw 130 block how is that possible?

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Kiley Iceblade on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I think pvp is very unfair. I am just a private trying to move up but I can't because I keep facing warlords and other high rank wizards that spam treasure cards. Even when I do face privates, most of the time they are 20+ levels higher than me and they also spam treasure cards and have criticals. I think they should change pvp so that you are going against people in the same level range and same rank. Ex: level 40-49 wizards that are privates. This would help a lot of people level up and become good at pvp battles

Kiley Iceblade level 48
Calamity Iceblade level 10
I agree with you a lot.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2013
1
yeah i really think it's unfair. i am a lvl 76 storm warlord trying to get 1000+ but every time i enter the pvp arena, there are always multiple promethean wizards with shadow magic there dominating the match. furthermore, on top of that, many of them have absurd critical ratings, shadow magic, high rank spells (king art or lvl 88 spells) that are extremely hard to fight against. i also have a promethean death wiz, so i know what i am saying. coming from a promethean wizards stand point, someone without shadow magic and all of these additoinal helpful stats put the promethean at a much greater advantage. it's annoying because it isnt based on lvl it's still based on rank.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what the low levels in pvp are complaining about. I mean you are off the chart in Rank for your Level. If the game cannot find you an opponent around your rank and level what is it supposed to do have you wait forever in pvp queue status?

Level up. If you're not at max level you're usually at a disadvantage in KI's arena system anyway. You get more health every level.

This board is always filled up with low level Warlords crying that they lose rank because they went against higher levels with low rank if any at all. It's not the new pvp'ers fault your rank is 1500-2500 or whatever and NO low level opponents with that rank are playing at the time.

Level up your character and try and adapt to the spells and HEALTH and BETTER ACCESS to gear you will be granted simply by LEVELING UP!

If KI wanted to they'd have implemented a pvp system where Level 50 Warlords cannot face Level 90-95 Wizards. They haven't fixed this in all this time probably because the Grandmaster Warlord would wait HOURS for a battle of appropriate rank AND level.
From what I've heard about the test realm, Kingsisle is implementing a system to provide fairer matches. Pvpers should not have to level up to get a fair match. Why? Some pvpers like low level pvp. A slower playstyle with a lot less luck (Critical and block, wild bolt, insane bolt) can be appealing to some players. Less farming is usually involved for lower level gear. I know that I find it more fun at low level to rank up, get warlord/commander gear, and get as high rating as possible. It would also become near impossible to get a match if, say, a player with 2500 rank leveled to level 95. Hardly any, if any, players with that rating are at level 95. It would be extremely hard to get a match. And, before you say rank down, I know that I wouldn't want to lose a spot on the leaderboard just to get a few matches. Lower level pvp is completely different then max level pvp. Just because some players like that pvp does not mean that those players should continuously get unfair matches because they do not like an extremely aggressive playstyle.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
65
I quit doing PvP after a while because of the unfairness. I remember my first 2v2 match when the game was about a year or two old with a pyromancer about my level. I was somewhere between level 20-35(it's been a long time since then) fight maxed level 50(cause that was the max level at the time). We were doing some small damage, but they were more experienced than us so that was expected. Then one of them uses dragon, ending the match from DoT. The PvP system is terrible and after a few matches while my level was in its 60's and 70's, and I just abandon PvP until I hit max level, which I still haven't done yet. Why should I have to level up? This isn't a game where leveling up is easy, you really bust your butt to get those level ups. From what I've heard, crown items brought it further down hill. I don't have money at my disposal to buy equipment that I'll only use for PvP. HAD(Healing Aura Defense) from pets doesn't help much either since it takes a long time to train pets for your ideal abilities.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2012
4
Ok, so most of you guys know that when you get into a pvp, you are hoping for a fair challenge. But one thing i've realized, is when someone gets first turn, it still does tend to give that other team a slight advantage over the other team. Now i do realize that turn selection is random, but me and my 2v2 partner, (both magus levels) keep getting against grandmasters. Now i'm not complaining about the level difference. We are both warlords with over 1500 ranking so its not a surprise that we get people at that level. But what is frustrating, is every time we get against them, they get first turn. Most of you guys would agree that if you are facing someone that is 20 levels ahead of you, its not really fair when you are also second against them. Not to mention they have critical, higher damage, higher resist, and more health.

A solution i got from this, is KI should make the turn selection a little less random. make it to which if you opponent is 10+ levels higher than the highest level person on your team, then the lower level team goes first.

now for higher level pvp, i know it wouldn't be that simple, so then it could just be based on the pvp rank. Whichever team has the higher average pvp rank, should have to go second. i understand most people who have insanely high pvp rankings may not agree with this, but it would balance out pvp and keep things fair.

Comment your thoughts and let me know if you guys agree or disagree.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
AlexRider1993 on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
Ok, so most of you guys know that when you get into a pvp, you are hoping for a fair challenge. But one thing i've realized, is when someone gets first turn, it still does tend to give that other team a slight advantage over the other team. Now i do realize that turn selection is random, but me and my 2v2 partner, (both magus levels) keep getting against grandmasters. Now i'm not complaining about the level difference. We are both warlords with over 1500 ranking so its not a surprise that we get people at that level. But what is frustrating, is every time we get against them, they get first turn. Most of you guys would agree that if you are facing someone that is 20 levels ahead of you, its not really fair when you are also second against them. Not to mention they have critical, higher damage, higher resist, and more health.

A solution i got from this, is KI should make the turn selection a little less random. make it to which if you opponent is 10+ levels higher than the highest level person on your team, then the lower level team goes first.

now for higher level pvp, i know it wouldn't be that simple, so then it could just be based on the pvp rank. Whichever team has the higher average pvp rank, should have to go second. i understand most people who have insanely high pvp rankings may not agree with this, but it would balance out pvp and keep things fair.

Comment your thoughts and let me know if you guys agree or disagree.
I believe that it would be fairer to make first and second inconsequential, in a way such as implementing a turn system similar to Pirate101 pvp or chess. In both of those turn systems, each player/team's turn is separate, allowing each to see the other's moves after the move happened. Because each team has that advantage, it would be equal, although the starting pip might have to stay, as first would still have a small advantage. I personally do not think that the solution is making the turn system favor one person or another, simply to make the turn system more fair overall.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
65
I really like what your saying. PvP just isn't that fun because of all the disadvantages that there could possibly be. When I do ranked matches, it's either with somebody way above my level, or with somebody my level or lower with insane resist and PvP rating and it just plain sucks!

Richard BattleStone lvl 81

Survivor
Oct 12, 2013
27
Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
7
Hello, I'm here to tell you that the new pvp system where you can fight within your own skill level is just a different name for joining a match as if that was never there. An example of this is that I just joined a pvp a few minutes ago and got a max level (100) knight balance from second, and I am only a level 76 balance warlord. Please explain to me how that is fair in any way and i will happily change my mind about how i feel about pvp. I clearly didn't have the box checked for search outside of my skill level so that's not even a valid argument to have with me. Kingsisle Please fix the pvp system cause as of now I won't be doing another pvp for a long time. I would prefer if you changed the system back to the way it was before the aquila update when my fire warlord only got a max of around level 80 veteran, as he was a legendary with about 1900 rank.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
ScorchedGaming on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
Hello, I'm here to tell you that the new pvp system where you can fight within your own skill level is just a different name for joining a match as if that was never there. An example of this is that I just joined a pvp a few minutes ago and got a max level (100) knight balance from second, and I am only a level 76 balance warlord. Please explain to me how that is fair in any way and i will happily change my mind about how i feel about pvp. I clearly didn't have the box checked for search outside of my skill level so that's not even a valid argument to have with me. Kingsisle Please fix the pvp system cause as of now I won't be doing another pvp for a long time. I would prefer if you changed the system back to the way it was before the aquila update when my fire warlord only got a max of around level 80 veteran, as he was a legendary with about 1900 rank.
It is fair when you are a warlord. I don't like fighting warlords when I'm a private I think warlords should only fight ranked up players not privates that would be more fair to me but king isle not going to fix what we want.

Amy lvl 95

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
ScorchedGaming on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
Hello, I'm here to tell you that the new pvp system where you can fight within your own skill level is just a different name for joining a match as if that was never there. An example of this is that I just joined a pvp a few minutes ago and got a max level (100) knight balance from second, and I am only a level 76 balance warlord. Please explain to me how that is fair in any way and i will happily change my mind about how i feel about pvp. I clearly didn't have the box checked for search outside of my skill level so that's not even a valid argument to have with me. Kingsisle Please fix the pvp system cause as of now I won't be doing another pvp for a long time. I would prefer if you changed the system back to the way it was before the aquila update when my fire warlord only got a max of around level 80 veteran, as he was a legendary with about 1900 rank.
It is based on Skill level, and then goes to Rank, and it's much better than it was.
I have had multiple Ranked battles at High Rank and Low Rank, at ~650 to 1100,
and the system is finding a close match every time.
Skill level and Ranking, not level is how it seems to be based.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
26
Everytime, go and PvP, i always face warlord. My rating was a sergeant, and now i am a private at 497. This is outrageous, how do you expect me to get to Warlord when i face warlords at private!

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
7
kymma shadow on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
It is fair when you are a warlord. I don't like fighting warlords when I'm a private I think warlords should only fight ranked up players not privates that would be more fair to me but king isle not going to fix what we want.

Amy lvl 95
As I said, he was a max lvl knight not a private, not even close to similar rank and he was previously good cause he had the commander robe stitched with his hades robe. Still not fair in any way.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
7
Veracity8 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
It is based on Skill level, and then goes to Rank, and it's much better than it was.
I have had multiple Ranked battles at High Rank and Low Rank, at ~650 to 1100,
and the system is finding a close match every time.
Skill level and Ranking, not level is how it seems to be based.
Guess you must be pretty lucky, because I got another max lvl today and proof is on my youtube channel, just look up legendarywizard5.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
127
PVP is unfair obviously, your opponent can kill you with the right treasure cards - so those with best/most # of treasure cards and those that spend most on crowns most obviously will win.

So far 90% of all my losses where because my opponent use 1 treasure card that dealt a ton of damage...

it's the nicest thing in game pvp but the worst at the same time.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
7
enkia on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
PVP is unfair obviously, your opponent can kill you with the right treasure cards - so those with best/most # of treasure cards and those that spend most on crowns most obviously will win.

So far 90% of all my losses where because my opponent use 1 treasure card that dealt a ton of damage...

it's the nicest thing in game pvp but the worst at the same time.
I guess, but that doesn't really affect me as my lowest level wizard I do pvp on is a myth of 65.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2013
2
Quick matches are unfair simply because of the 20 pierce bonus balance wizards get it cause I got hit with tower TC on and it got pierced down 6 resist with no shrike infallible no nothing but when I was in shrike he had tower TC and it only got pierced down to 1 cause of my 4 pierce and 50 from shrike meaning I did not get the pierce as an max level wizard why doesn't ice get the pierce Lydia should report this to Diego cause I would have won if ice got the pierce as well. hope you fix this please and thank you Juan Ice Mender lv 100

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
mario221133 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Quick matches are unfair simply because of the 20 pierce bonus balance wizards get it cause I got hit with tower TC on and it got pierced down 6 resist with no shrike infallible no nothing but when I was in shrike he had tower TC and it only got pierced down to 1 cause of my 4 pierce and 50 from shrike meaning I did not get the pierce as an max level wizard why doesn't ice get the pierce Lydia should report this to Diego cause I would have won if ice got the pierce as well. hope you fix this please and thank you Juan Ice Mender lv 100
Did you hit any other shields, like a legion shield? That would "absorb" some of the pierce. Ice should get the pierce like any other school, either both players or no players should get it.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Aren't ice the weaker spells then any other wizard on wizard101?

If not I will find out with my ice wizard in rank pvp.

Amy lvl 96

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
mario221133 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Quick matches are unfair simply because of the 20 pierce bonus balance wizards get it cause I got hit with tower TC on and it got pierced down 6 resist with no shrike infallible no nothing but when I was in shrike he had tower TC and it only got pierced down to 1 cause of my 4 pierce and 50 from shrike meaning I did not get the pierce as an max level wizard why doesn't ice get the pierce Lydia should report this to Diego cause I would have won if ice got the pierce as well. hope you fix this please and thank you Juan Ice Mender lv 100
The reason why ice does not get much pierce is because they are a defensive school. They aren't built for offense so it only makes sense they would have less pierce. Ice does not need anymore pierce than they already have since they can get insanely high resist. Just remember to have fun and if quick matches aren't for you then try classic matches, perk matches, or normal matches.

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
kymma shadow on May 1, 2014 wrote:
Aren't ice the weaker spells then any other wizard on wizard101?

If not I will find out with my ice wizard in rank pvp.

Amy lvl 96
Ice spells are characteristically less powerful than other spells. There's no need to test that.