Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
24
4everL0ve on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
I am a lvl 71 death just learned dr von's monster and a pvp warlord. I heard the new pvp system is based on levels. How come I meet a whole bunch of lvl 90-95 wizards with shadow magic while i am only 71 Their shadow magic is way too OP and got me defeated within few rounds. This really need to change. 1v1 PvP should be within 10 levels of range to be fair or else this is absolutely unfair
-Kenneth Night
I am a lvl 50 life with 60 critical rating with only 21 life resist (Because CL life gear doesn't give other school resist :/)
I always get defeated by warlords and commanders so my pvp rating is near 100. Most of them are lower than me and they have unfair gear and crowns pets!

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
23
Honestly, I don't see a problem.

Low level warlords get their rankings ridiculously inflated by
switching over a pet that should almost have a mimimum
level to use and trade over endless tc from their 300,000 gold
on their promethean (look at the leaderboards xd).

As a result, low level warlords are either fighting prometheans
on a low lvl character or fighting high level noobs.

In otherwords, most every low level has the option to fight people their level
and are volunteerly handycapping themselves.

No sympathy...

Oh, and level 70 is too close to max to not occasionally fight max level, so
you should probably just go ahead and rank up.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2011
1
Me and my sister made level 6 chars for pvp. Her char is lvl 7 and mine is lvl 6. We got paired up with a lvl 12 and a lvl 26. What in the world is going on? We are only privates but we do know how to win the match. We lost though because they spammed heals and attacks. Also, shadow magic is annoying. I'm not much of a complainer but this isn't fair. Levels 10+ are getting paired up with 95's JUST because of their rank? That's stupid. I find this unfair completely. You guys are going to lose TONS of money because you won't fix this problem.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
328
I came on here to complain about this, I am also a warlord, 79 but I also get killed by shadow magic. I was always told to go with resistance and use shields, as Diego taught me to do, but if it messes up, what is the point, Kingsisle needs to fix this because I am tired of using a tower shield and a volcanic shield, and all they need is a bubble and feint. I know they wont fix it because they never fix these things but I went down 200 rank and as a previous overlord, I'm pretty mad

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
Lucas Rain on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
I agree. It will likely have to be the focus of upcoming updates. PvP will lose popularity if this keeps up.
This happened a long time ago. You can point to the "Pay to Win" Jade Gear as the beginning of the end of PvP. Then KI created Pierce to combat this which was another absolutely terrible idea. And then Critical ratings skyrocketed through the roof which was ridiculous. Then they made the trained spell "Reshuffle" a treasure card. In fact it's been an avalanche of one terrible idea after another since Jade Gear was released.

Whoever they hired to revamp PvP decided they wanted 10 minute games, a pay to win philosophy, and crowns only tournaments to milk your money and divide the player base even more. However, an imbalanced matching system has been a problem since the beginning and probably will never be fixed. I can't imagine how much worse PvP is now with Shadow Magic. I expect it's just another bullet in what used to be a fine way to spend some time. But if it makes them a buck or two, then that's the most important thing.

The "Second Age of PvP" removed the diversity of viable strategies and turned PvP into a single strategy, All Out Attack or Die, which held no interest for many of us Age 1 veterans. So in my opinion, the decrease in PvP popularity has been on a steady decline for a long time now. It has been very sad to see such an amazing PvP get so utterly dismantled, but oh well. I moved on.

Valkoor Moondust R.I.P.
Quinn Strider R.I.P.
Fred Frog R.I.P.
Finnegan Fireflame R.I.P.

Age 1 Retired Warlord, 5000+ games played.
Age 2 Retired Warlord, just enough games to see the writing on the wall

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
chickenhawk100 on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
Honestly, I don't see a problem.

Low level warlords get their rankings ridiculously inflated by
switching over a pet that should almost have a mimimum
level to use and trade over endless tc from their 300,000 gold
on their promethean (look at the leaderboards xd).

As a result, low level warlords are either fighting prometheans
on a low lvl character or fighting high level noobs.

In otherwords, most every low level has the option to fight people their level
and are volunteerly handycapping themselves.

No sympathy...

Oh, and level 70 is too close to max to not occasionally fight max level, so
you should probably just go ahead and rank up.
1. Warlords that have high ratings either used glitches, which is certainly unfair, or skill. Most used skill. If you think that treasure cards and a good pet are not skill, then you're wrong. Treasure cards are not a guarenteed win, and neither are pets. Pets can, sadly, get people unfair wins, but that's just luck. Most warlords would not be warlords if they relied on luck. (excluding critical spammers) Treasure cards are a legit strategy. Low levels cannot hope to match high level players' damage without them. If you don't use them correctly, then they will not help you. Warlords know how to set up decks correctly, how to discard, how to do damage, how to set up a kill combo, etc... They should not have huge disadvantages just because they are lower level. Kingsisle refuses to do anything about the matching system, critical, or shadow spells. I have, sadly, quit pvp for now because of this. I would naturally assume that many others, unless the situation is addressed, will also quit pvp. Kingsisle will lose money, and because of this, hopefully they will fix it.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
9
i know we have all complained about being unfair but its really unfair when it comes to lvls my friend who is death recently has lvled his death to 60 is now getting people with hades gear and can perform shadow spells lvl 30s getting lvl 80s and 70s .. and what cause my friend and these low lvls ranks are in the 1000s or 2000s ... i would like to know any of your thoughts and your experiences with unfair matching in pvp.

Haley legend

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
For those of you who are mad because you have to face a guy 20 levels higher than you, stop complaining. You get good PVP gear that allows you to hold your own. I fought a myth commanded with about half my health as a death wizard and would not have won had I been anything else. If you continue to have issues, focus on getting a really good pet. Grab one from a higher level wizard if you have to. Pet training doesn't require any particular level and won't level you up and make you fight even tougher enemies. Just remember to press your school's advantages (myth being minions, death being thwarting heals, life being healing, etc) and get arena ticket gear.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Robobot1747 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
For those of you who are mad because you have to face a guy 20 levels higher than you, stop complaining. You get good PVP gear that allows you to hold your own. I fought a myth commanded with about half my health as a death wizard and would not have won had I been anything else. If you continue to have issues, focus on getting a really good pet. Grab one from a higher level wizard if you have to. Pet training doesn't require any particular level and won't level you up and make you fight even tougher enemies. Just remember to press your school's advantages (myth being minions, death being thwarting heals, life being healing, etc) and get arena ticket gear.
And for those of us who battle players 45 levels higher than us when we have a perfect pet, full arena gear, and a deck setup that uses skill, then what? Players of higher levels can just critical spam their way to victory. This is not skillful at all. Skill is predicting your opponent's moves, countering them, and eventually getting a win. Some matches are impossible because of level differences, which makes the matching system unfair.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
Aaron SpellThief on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
And for those of us who battle players 45 levels higher than us when we have a perfect pet, full arena gear, and a deck setup that uses skill, then what? Players of higher levels can just critical spam their way to victory. This is not skillful at all. Skill is predicting your opponent's moves, countering them, and eventually getting a win. Some matches are impossible because of level differences, which makes the matching system unfair.
Exactly. A little level 20 Private going up against a level 60+ Warlord? Seriously? yeah, that's fair.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
58
Sorry,

People have a valid complaint regarding this issue.

If you think this is not valid then try to explain why I do not.

I am a level 8 warlord that chooses not to use warlord gear.

How do I stand a chance against any level 39 wizard?


Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
22
Robobot1747 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
For those of you who are mad because you have to face a guy 20 levels higher than you, stop complaining. You get good PVP gear that allows you to hold your own. I fought a myth commanded with about half my health as a death wizard and would not have won had I been anything else. If you continue to have issues, focus on getting a really good pet. Grab one from a higher level wizard if you have to. Pet training doesn't require any particular level and won't level you up and make you fight even tougher enemies. Just remember to press your school's advantages (myth being minions, death being thwarting heals, life being healing, etc) and get arena ticket gear.
I totally agree, I see nothing wrong with the matching system, most people are complaining cause it's mostly Private vs. Warlord or someone of higher rank. Then people talk about people critical spamming and such, well if they don't like being hit by a critical then get more block XD, sure it may not work ALL the time but, get some that will work to your benefit at least people. Just saying for the people out there don't make a ton of excuses especially about people spamming, if people choose to spam so be it nothing will be done about it am pretty sure.

Duncan Leaf, level 71 Just doing my thing '3'

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
26
I don't think a lot of the matches are fair, to be honest. The PVP system still isn't correct in my eyes. Even if we have all the gear, and pet, there is still times where we lose. It's a 50/50 chance. Nowadays, there isn't really much skill. It's critical, damage, resist, pets healing, etc which makes it unfair to some people..

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
The only way to stop me from it to let my balance wizard get better resistance that all she wants. But she can't do that because of tc warlord bullies. Why can't rank pvp be friendly and not unfriendly. The true bully are the tc players.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
haleyjayx3 on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
i know we have all complained about being unfair but its really unfair when it comes to lvls my friend who is death recently has lvled his death to 60 is now getting people with hades gear and can perform shadow spells lvl 30s getting lvl 80s and 70s .. and what cause my friend and these low lvls ranks are in the 1000s or 2000s ... i would like to know any of your thoughts and your experiences with unfair matching in pvp.

Haley legend
Yes that true we did complain about unfair matches. In rank pvp.

Survivor
May 11, 2013
8
Am a level 76 storm and I faced a 95 ice and I just handled it with an insane bolt!

I got from veteran to warlord in less than an hour! (I just used insane bolt every match)

Wins 142 Loses 101

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
37
First of all, don't you have to defeat the opponents you need the gear to defeat in order to actually be able to get the gear? Your logic makes no sense there. Also, it's really hard to get goodpets most of the time, and they don't make very good non-pvp gear for lower levels.

Just saying.

~Esmee Watertalon, level 47

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Robobot1747 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
For those of you who are mad because you have to face a guy 20 levels higher than you, stop complaining. You get good PVP gear that allows you to hold your own. I fought a myth commanded with about half my health as a death wizard and would not have won had I been anything else. If you continue to have issues, focus on getting a really good pet. Grab one from a higher level wizard if you have to. Pet training doesn't require any particular level and won't level you up and make you fight even tougher enemies. Just remember to press your school's advantages (myth being minions, death being thwarting heals, life being healing, etc) and get arena ticket gear.
OK so you lose one match to someone of a higher rank but lower lvl, so what? Fighting someone 20-30 levels above you is not fair no matter how skilled or how much arena gear you have. You wanna know what happened to me a couple days ago? My lvl 22 ice had a rank of 1259 with full commander gear. He fought a lvl 40 ice commander with full commander gear. He had more spells, better power pip chance, the sky iron hasta, and he went first. Idk about you but that doesn't seem to fair to me. Even if I fight privates without commander gear they are grandmaster wizards. Must I tell you all of the advantages he had compared to my arena gear advantage?

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kymma shadow on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
The only way to stop me from it to let my balance wizard get better resistance that all she wants. But she can't do that because of tc warlord bullies. Why can't rank pvp be friendly and not unfriendly. The true bully are the tc players.
I am getting so very tired of you calling players who use tc in the arena "bullies" or "non-skilled players." You claim you can easily beat tc players but yet you complain about them all the time. You report people for using tc in the arena so the only bully I see here is you.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
haleyjayx3 on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
i know we have all complained about being unfair but its really unfair when it comes to lvls my friend who is death recently has lvled his death to 60 is now getting people with hades gear and can perform shadow spells lvl 30s getting lvl 80s and 70s .. and what cause my friend and these low lvls ranks are in the 1000s or 2000s ... i would like to know any of your thoughts and your experiences with unfair matching in pvp.

Haley legend
I don't think it's right. I don't pvp much on my max lvl fire but once, he fought a grandmaster ice warlord. I beat the grandmaster but I really felt bad for him because I had way more critical that he couldn't always block and I obviously started the match with a big advantage.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
The only way to stop me from it to let my balance wizard get better resistance that all she wants. But she can't do that because of tc warlord bullies. Why can't rank pvp be friendly and not unfriendly. The true bully are the tc players.
Why do you stereotype that all warlords are horrible treasure card using bullies? I have ranked my fire up to around 1400 rank in the past week or so, and I have had maybe 1-2 mean players in around 100 matches. I will repeat my earlier point: If Kingsisle made the matching system fair, there would be no need to use treasure cards.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
Robobot1747 on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
For those of you who are mad because you have to face a guy 20 levels higher than you, stop complaining. You get good PVP gear that allows you to hold your own. I fought a myth commanded with about half my health as a death wizard and would not have won had I been anything else. If you continue to have issues, focus on getting a really good pet. Grab one from a higher level wizard if you have to. Pet training doesn't require any particular level and won't level you up and make you fight even tougher enemies. Just remember to press your school's advantages (myth being minions, death being thwarting heals, life being healing, etc) and get arena ticket gear.
I agree, suck it up..but there is a point with high ranking people where its just ludicrous. And that is fighting Warlords at level 50-70. When your character is, read it, 30. Now, I have won some of these matches but I certainly don't win all of them. I most recently beat a level 60, thankfully I pulled all of my convictions.. So I'm saying there are definitely spells and gear to combat fighting people higher level than you. One is for lower levels, commander gear and arena ring/athames. Its far from impossible..its just annoying.

Wolf Legend

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
Gabriel Stormhunte... on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Sorry,

People have a valid complaint regarding this issue.

If you think this is not valid then try to explain why I do not.

I am a level 8 warlord that chooses not to use warlord gear.

How do I stand a chance against any level 39 wizard?

Emphasis on choice here. What else are you going to spend arena tickets on, if not arena gear? It's sort of like treasure cards; you can use them if you like, but if you choose not to don't complain about losing to people with TCs. P.S. Try using TCs, just blade, trap, and TC something huge.

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
RavenLady777 on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
Exactly. A little level 20 Private going up against a level 60+ Warlord? Seriously? yeah, that's fair.
This scenario will never happen barring catastrophic code failure. Did you switch the ranks? Again, private has little arena gear, whereas warlord has good arena gear. I would also like to add that people with a higher rank tend to have more experience in PVP. That private may just be dabbling in it with his regular deck, but you are a pro with a specialized PVP deck.