Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
3
joey987123 on Jul 30, 2011 wrote:
You are probaly a high rank in pvp you need to deserve that rank because obviously people your rank are no match for you they want to see what you extent is you could have shielded weakness tower shield dispel or a minion to distract him pvp is not required but why do something you dont need to when you are at the highest rank and it's not fun. If you read the pvp forum a good percent of the topic is of the matching you could have easily avoided this or prepared make multiple decks just in case of dealing with higher levels.Losing is a learning experince save up for treasure cards you can spam shields throw in a couple of treasure blades and devistate them trust me it works.
Again it's up to you flip your own coin make your own choice there doesnt need to be so many of these topics anyway.

Joseph wyrmbane Joseph duskspear legendary spirits
I agree with this post i am a lvl 28 balance warlord. i some how always end up getting paired with grandmasters.and when i loose to them i loose a lot of my ratings, i dont mind loosing but if some how you could lower the amount of ratings you loose after getting beat by some one 22 levels higher than you and has the opportunity to crit. it would really be appreciated.

-blake hawkhunter 95
-kevin heart 28
-ian stormcloud 48

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
2
Dear Kingsisle Entertainment,

I was recently placed in 12th place of the Cyrus 1v1 Tournament at 11:00 P.M. on July 9th. The problem is my last battle, I attacked the wizard, at least, 8 times. however, the opponent only attacked me once. I had two tower shields on, one 50% resistance, and another with 55% resistance. The match was thirty seconds from ending. His health was at about 700, however my health was completely full. He then does Firezilla(rank 5 ). this does about 130 damage, because of my stacked tower shields. I was down to about 800 health. then Diego declares the opponent the winner. If I had more health, and did more damage than my opponent, how did he win? Kingsisle, I believe I deserve a sincere apology from you. I'd also like a refund or 11th place amount of tickets. If this does not happen, it shows that Kingsisle doesn't care about the mistakes THEY'VE made with the game. I also may not be the first person to experience this.

Thanks,
Colin Troll(level 11 )

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
5
I have a little of the same problem I am a level 72 ice currently commander and go up against level 88 wizards and I won most of the time. my tip is to overwhelm them with shields and blade and do little hits and waste their healing cards and do the big hit.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
Ok, if you are a Grand Warlord with a rank above 1800, you will know what I'm talking about. It is ridiculous that we have to fight Archmage Commanders and Promethean Captains. These match ups are happening to me all the time, and for some reason I ALWAYS go second. Ok, maybe not always, but most of the time. Considering I am getting people this high in level and that have a rank of Captain or Commander, I am bound to lose. I don't mind privates, cause they don't know what they're doing, but these people do. With two times the amount of health and about the same resist, and much more damage, how am I supposed to win from second, or even from first? Come on fix this problem, its getting to a point where it is ridiculous and unfair for us. We worked hard to get our rank, and we don't want to lose it to unfair matches.
I am usually not one to complain, but its gone to far. Do something about this Kingsisle.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
24
I have lost a total of 250 battles! I get teased because of my low rating! I always end up fighting exalted warlords! I am just so sick of PVP!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
OfficialRaindropz on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
I have lost a total of 250 battles! I get teased because of my low rating! I always end up fighting exalted warlords! I am just so sick of PVP!
The only way you're fighting Exalted Warlords is if you are a high level Warlord yourself.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
9
Ok, how do i put this. Just because you are 10 levels below someone and they beat you doesn't mean pvp needs to be changed. Captain is actually the third highest rank in pvp, only beaten by Warlord and Commander.
Pvp is also 90% treasure cards. Just because someone beats you by USING TREASURE CARDS doesn't mean the entire pvp system has to be changed. Granted, I would like to see the system changed after facing multiple Myth and Storm immune level 90 ice Warlords a long time ago, when i was still getting the hang of insane bolt. It's not against the rules to use treasure cards above your level. In fact, if you're captain you should be able to defeat people higher level than you. I also think the ticket system needs to be changed (when i manage to win one of those fights, i shouldn't get no FOUR TICKETS compared to HIS 45 TICKETS). Also, KI needs to put less of an emphasis on pvp. I'm sick of getting laughed at because the matching system decides to face me with wizards who were fighting (and beating) wizards like me at level 30, and are now level 90 with immunity to multiple schools. Back to the topic at hand, KI doesn't need to change pvp or not allow treasure cards because you have a small stroke of bad luck. Join the club, get on with your life. Pvp doesn't kill morganthe, PvE does.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
4
I totally think players should be allowed to do ranked PVP with there friends yea this way some people might cheat but u can only get arena tickets if you and your friend both tried to win and also they should not lower our scores in the ranked PVP if we lose

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
25
I'm just going to say this straight up. KI has offset the balance in pvp and it will NEVER be resolved. Now that critical and piercing rules pvp, there's nothing we can do when we go second in pvp. All we get to do is just sit there and see our health suddenly drop because guess what? Oh I didn't block that critical even though my block for that school is over 300? Yes, exactly! My friend and I did pvp today and out of the six matches we did, we only went first ONCE! You might say it's just random luck, but I know it's not. It's favoritism and I know it. PvP cannot be and never will be fixed. I would try to list all of the problems KI has caused in pvp but honestly, it would be too many to list and no one would want to hear it. So KI, please look at this and see the monster you've created because it's already too late!

Survivor
May 12, 2009
49
gonna get serious here, me myself i have several characters lvl 10-50 and pvp on many lvls including the lower lvls, i have characters with ranks well over 1000 but tbh the complaints about getting a higher lvl opponent at a high rank need to stop, if people really think about it if a lvl 30 gets a lvl 60 with terrible gear they are completely fine with it but if they have waterworks then its all complaints but tbh the real reason why lvl 30,s and or 50s have such seemingly inflated ranks IS because they face higher lvl people who dont quite know what there doing, if all these lvl 50s with ranks of 2000 plus were to only face people of there lvl with similar gear i guarentee you a lvl 50 with a rank of 2500 would be MUCH MUCH more impressive because there facing higher lvls with worse gear relatively poor pets and poor strategies then when they face one person with a decent pvp strat and decent gear and pet there 100% complaints so to peeople in similar situations ask yourself, "would my rank be nearly as high if i didnt face the higher lvls?" likely not. these complaints about higher lvls seem to fade at lvl 60 but lower then that this is exactly how it is

Survivor
May 11, 2012
11
Only done PVP once and it did nothing for me, hence me not doing it. Thankfully I have the Aztecosaur Pyramid and it has its own PVP ring, which is better because friends can help you hone your skills. I know some that life to do the PVP, and to each their own. But I get on the game to do my quests and that is it. Between that and train a pet up from time to time. Not saying it's not a good thing, but with those it's pot luck on who you get. The only thing I can suggest if you don't like that sort of thing, don't do it. Plain and simple.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
6
captainjakeboggie on Jul 29, 2011 wrote:
I was just 1v1 and i got a lvl 28 adept (i am myth 10). He used treasure helephant and wiped me out in one shot. i lost 21 points. This is so unfair. If i get beat by someone over my level i expect to lost less points then 21! Also i just did another pvp and went up against lvl 30 life, it is impossible to win these fights at my level. Fix this. I am sick of losing 5 in a row cause of too high level enemies. I am 19 won - 5 lost, i would not have 5 lost if these pvp were set up better


---------------------------------------------------------
Jacob AshCloud Legendary Pyromancer
Jacob Ironhorn 10 Conjurer
Benjamin Legendary Life
You are right but it is just 5 lost matches I mainly think you PVP as something fun not about winning

Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
29
DeathWalker4685 on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
I agree I am a lvl 62 and I am going into pvp with warlords lvl 28 they spam me with tc and there armor is just to powerful I can win nothing
At that level you aren't going to rank. The system is currently broken. I don't care who tries to argue that point you cannot. By your level people have full pvp gear you cannot compete against. I have pvp'd as death from 10 - 60. Without full pvp gear. The only advice I could give you is try jade gear and a perfect mega pet. The system should take into account that people have commander gear or whatever but it currently does not.

I have had to break the new to so many people, sorry at your level pvp just isn't possible. The arena is full of them. I have heard rumors about using jade gear but that's it. I start all my warlords at level 5 so that I can at least get in some fair fights before I start facing people in pvp gear. Good luck.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
2
captainjakeboggie on Jul 29, 2011 wrote:
I was just 1v1 and i got a lvl 28 adept (i am myth 10). He used treasure helephant and wiped me out in one shot. i lost 21 points. This is so unfair. If i get beat by someone over my level i expect to lost less points then 21! Also i just did another pvp and went up against lvl 30 life, it is impossible to win these fights at my level. Fix this. I am sick of losing 5 in a row cause of too high level enemies. I am 19 won - 5 lost, i would not have 5 lost if these pvp were set up better


---------------------------------------------------------
Jacob AshCloud Legendary Pyromancer
Jacob Ironhorn 10 Conjurer
Benjamin Legendary Life
ok i kind of agree i suck at pvp i try it now and then and i get people that i get people who are worlored rank (sorry cant spell) and this is when i was like level 50 maybe 60 and i am facing level 100 people

Chris Darkleaf level 85 ice

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Kane Lightbringer on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
At that level you aren't going to rank. The system is currently broken. I don't care who tries to argue that point you cannot. By your level people have full pvp gear you cannot compete against. I have pvp'd as death from 10 - 60. Without full pvp gear. The only advice I could give you is try jade gear and a perfect mega pet. The system should take into account that people have commander gear or whatever but it currently does not.

I have had to break the new to so many people, sorry at your level pvp just isn't possible. The arena is full of them. I have heard rumors about using jade gear but that's it. I start all my warlords at level 5 so that I can at least get in some fair fights before I start facing people in pvp gear. Good luck.
My death level 62 has achieved rank high enough to get to the leaderboard with mostly just waterworks gear; it is certainly possible to PvP at that level.

Jun 26, 2013
0
captainjakeboggie on Jul 29, 2011 wrote:
I was just 1v1 and i got a lvl 28 adept (i am myth 10). He used treasure helephant and wiped me out in one shot. i lost 21 points. This is so unfair. If i get beat by someone over my level i expect to lost less points then 21! Also i just did another pvp and went up against lvl 30 life, it is impossible to win these fights at my level. Fix this. I am sick of losing 5 in a row cause of too high level enemies. I am 19 won - 5 lost, i would not have 5 lost if these pvp were set up better


---------------------------------------------------------
Jacob AshCloud Legendary Pyromancer
Jacob Ironhorn 10 Conjurer
Benjamin Legendary Life
Just don't do PVP if you get with crap like that. I am a 51 and I get put with 100s, 90s, and 80s. So don't say it dosent happen to just you. It happens to every one who plays.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
26
Pick the most bustling time in the Spiral or Wiz101 to rank PVP at least you got more chances of getting an equal oppenent, as for getting match up to a higher level is as bad as getting match up to a near your level warlord with full Diego's Gear or tournament gear. Though it's extreme if your opponent is like 20+ level from you as even 10+level from you can easily block your crits and break your blocks!

Just- Good Luck

Survivor
May 02, 2009
17
AllenStrongthief12... on Sep 18, 2011 wrote:
Well hello there everyone i just going change games because pvp so lame i am lvl 13 face lvl 26 the difference in health is 600 plus in health so even if go first very hard try win but if i go second dont have chance. This why wizard get lame i been play for year cant fix pvp lvl cap. Sorry Wizard you lose me as custmore spend lot crowns and get all junk game just get lame all things take away from players. Waterworks people cheated fix that why dont fix pvp just shows Wizard dont care about players all care about is money so i going take my 1000 dollars i spend a year i am go play another game. You dont Listen to players unless it has to do about crown thing. I will not vote for this game hope dont win. You try give players packs just get vote so you win you can keep pack and lame pet you will give. Well good luck all people play wizard there just money hongery people brag about how many members they have but i can tell you for every 1 they get 2 are leave this game after they find out they are money hongery people take care.
1. Kingsisle needs the money to keep the game going.
2. Kingsisle is busy and can't meet everyone's needs.
3. They fixed the pvp so you face people your level.
I hope I don't come off as mean. ( I'm high level but don't go saying that I'm saying this because I'm high lol and good at pvp because I'm terrible at pvp.)

Darby SpriteDust, Level 75

- There's nothing to fear except fear itself... And also spiders.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2013
9
Well, you might have a higher rank. The higher the rank, the tougher the opponent. Loosing those ponts probably brought you back to guys more on your level.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
12
I totally agree with this. The PvP matches are terribly set up!

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
24
The Real Necrowoma... on Jul 31, 2011 wrote:
This is 100% sad. I: Treasure cards are a part of PvP, and i doubt KI will change this just because you lose one match. Forgive me for being blunt, but just deal with it and move on. You say you lose all the time? That's to be expected if you a level ten. Level up and PvP will become much easier.
Very true

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
393
captainjakeboggie on Jul 29, 2011 wrote:
I was just 1v1 and i got a lvl 28 adept (i am myth 10). He used treasure helephant and wiped me out in one shot. i lost 21 points. This is so unfair. If i get beat by someone over my level i expect to lost less points then 21! Also i just did another pvp and went up against lvl 30 life, it is impossible to win these fights at my level. Fix this. I am sick of losing 5 in a row cause of too high level enemies. I am 19 won - 5 lost, i would not have 5 lost if these pvp were set up better


---------------------------------------------------------
Jacob AshCloud Legendary Pyromancer
Jacob Ironhorn 10 Conjurer
Benjamin Legendary Life
i cannot argue with that. i wish we could also talk openly without someone looking at our stats.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
15
A couple months ago when I was level 53, I was in ranked pvp. I was matched with a level 30, and I immediately thought this would be such an easy victory. It wasn't. He was level 30 ice, and he spammed tower shield, which is okay but annoying. Then, out of nowhere, he started casting feint and deathblades and deathtraps. At last he had full pips, and cast skeletal dragon, obviously a treasure card, seeing as he was level 30 ice and he didn't have it in his armor. I lost by a landslide. I also noticed this on my lower level character (level 5 ice,) where there was a level 3 who kept casting meteor strikes. I strongly disagree with treasure cards being allowed in pvp. Without treasure cards, half of the people who are warlords would still be private or corporal, and they're have to earn their ranks LEGITIMATELY.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
EpicGamergurl on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
A couple months ago when I was level 53, I was in ranked pvp. I was matched with a level 30, and I immediately thought this would be such an easy victory. It wasn't. He was level 30 ice, and he spammed tower shield, which is okay but annoying. Then, out of nowhere, he started casting feint and deathblades and deathtraps. At last he had full pips, and cast skeletal dragon, obviously a treasure card, seeing as he was level 30 ice and he didn't have it in his armor. I lost by a landslide. I also noticed this on my lower level character (level 5 ice,) where there was a level 3 who kept casting meteor strikes. I strongly disagree with treasure cards being allowed in pvp. Without treasure cards, half of the people who are warlords would still be private or corporal, and they're have to earn their ranks LEGITIMATELY.
Treasure cards are a legitimate strategy whether you like it or not and it's gonna stay that way. There are means around TC as well for a few reasons: the limitations already imposed on them

1. They are one-use. You won't ever see them reappearing in that person's deck for the remainder of the match unless they pack multiple copies.
2. They have to discard in order to use their TC.
3. The side deck is at most 1/2 of the normal deck.

Your own overconfidence cost you your match when in reality you should've realized that nothing is ever as it seems in PVP. While he was taking the time to build up his pips you also had time to slam him as hard as possible or build up your own defenses.

Another issue with removing TC? Think about the current matching system. Without TC you'd see people getting unfairly hammered because the system pairs them up with people way beyond their level.

In short, TC are a strategy. They are a good strategy and before you say that it's a strategy everyone hates think again. It's an absolute(meaning it's also wrong) and those who complain will be waaaaaay more vocal than those who are ok with it. Finding ways around problems such as TC is your duty as a PVPer and a word of advice for it? If you can't beat em. Join em. Use TC as well, it's not an instant-win guarantee but dang if it doesn't even the odds.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
1
Hey, 19-5 is still great! I have lost SO MANY PVP BATTLES since i started, way more than 5! Also if you want to pvp with wizards your own level, there is a button for that. It does make waiting a bit long, though.

Scarlet Dragonblade,