Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
So in the B.O.X.E.S. event, did anyone else catch that young Cyrus was modeled after Bob Ross, the PBS painter? When I saw the easel and the Cyrus/Bob Ross portrait on the wall, I laughed out loud! Cyrus as Bob with an afro is so totally the anti-Cyrus. Brilliant!
That's what happened to his hair!
When I did the dungeon, his hair through me off, I was like, 'Cyrus, what did you do to your hair!! Did you stick your hand into a electric socket?'

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
I don't know if anyone mentioned these, but I have 2 from Azteca. When you first meet Jade whatever walker in Saltmeadow Swamp, she is a projection and says the line "You are my only hope" a nod to Star Wars. Also, there is a subtle one. At one point you fix a statue of a great hero named Aztlan, practically the same name as Aslan, the great lion in the Narnia series.

Blaze BattleDreamer 85

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
Wizard101 has permission to use these subjects, so they try to put them in the game to make it more entertaining.

Defender
May 17, 2014
I remember a bug/Easter egg back in 2012-2013 in Zafaria around the spears.If you would look at them from the back,one would be missing but when you look at them from the front,they're all there.

I'm not sure if that bug/Easter egg still exist though.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nicole ShadowSong on Nov 1, 2014 wrote:
I remember a bug/Easter egg back in 2012-2013 in Zafaria around the spears.If you would look at them from the back,one would be missing but when you look at them from the front,they're all there.

I'm not sure if that bug/Easter egg still exist though.
This is not what they mean by easter eggs. Easter eggs are hidden references to other things... like Dr Who, movies, songs, etc.

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
nostarabbit was based on nostrafu the REALLY old vampire movie, and he's the one that disapered, and was more monster like then Dracula, when in contact with sun light, he was also bald if i remember right

Explorer
Apr 04, 2009
oh and pigs wick academy is just Hogwarts but with pigs as students

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
I don't know if anyone else posted this (I didn't have time to read through all of the posts) but I loved how they had Rose Piper in the Telephone Box quests. Alongside with all that huge Doctor Who reference stuff, I loved it because the first "companion" that he has is, of course, Rose Tyler, and the actress who plays her is Billie Piper. So I thought that was a cool play on words.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
There is a boss in mooshu with the name "Yokai".
Yokai is japanese for spirit

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I can't believe I've played through Zafaria three times and just now realized the relevance of Zantar - the lost Marleybone aristocrat raised by the denizens of the Zafaria jungle.

When you first encounter him "him speak like native" and then all of a sudden he becomes "very British" and proper.

Zantar = Tarzan

Ta!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
This one you have probably missed: There is a side quest in Vestrilund called "along the watchtower". that could be a reference to the song "all along the watchtower" by Bob Dylan

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
Found another one: In the new Barkingham palace dungeon the bad guy is called Dr Jackall. And when you battle him he transforms into a monster that is called Mr Hound. That is an obvious reference to the book Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde written by Robert Louis Stevenson. The book is about a doctor that drinks an elixir and becomes the primitive and angry Mr Hyde. He later becomes addicted to the elixir. By the way: Great job with the new four dungeons KI!!!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
And another one: There is a boss in Village of Sorrow in Mooshu called Oyotomi the Defiler. The quest to defeat him is called: "smells like spirit". That could be a reference to the song "smells like teen spirit" by Nirvana

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I found the Legend of ZeldaTriforce in the tower. And on the duel circle.

Kaitlyn Unicorn

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
Can't believe I'm replying again, but I found a nice little Jimi Hendrix reference in Krokotopia. The very first quest the arena master gives you to prove yourself is called "Are You Experienced?" which is a Hendrix album.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
And i found another one: the quest in Khrysalis where you get your fourth potion is called "message in a bottle". That is a reference to the song by the Police with the same name

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
In Azteca after we defeat Zhalas Sun Bleed he says 'hang me up by the heels for a rabbit sucker or a poulter's hare'. This is from Shakespeare's King Henry IV, Act 2 Scene 4, Falstaff speaking to Prince Henry. And when we next speak to Popl Vuh Whitepaper he says 'Much thanks. I couldn't bear to hear him soliloquize anymore'. Funny!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
In the new place Kembalalung, there is a monk that is called Dalai Lamba. Of course referencing to Dalai Lama, the religious leader of Tibet.

Defender
May 02, 2010
The quest in Avalon called "Don't Say No" is a reference to musician Billy Squier's album.. and you hand in the quest to Squire Billy!

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
This will become lost in the comments, but I think this would be fun to add.
When going to Darkmoor, you must speak to Mortis, then read an inscription on a tomb. The inscription reads: "Denn die Todten reiten Schnell" ("schnell" actually should not be capitalized since it's not a noun, but it was). This translates to "for the dead travel fast."
This is a famous quote from the one and only Dracula. Well, not quite. While Dracula made the quote immortal, it was originally written by Gottfried August Bürger in his poem Lenore.
Just something I thought was interesting.

Best of luck!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Devin Boomsmith on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Khrysalis as a reference to the Hundreds' Year War between France and Britain?

You = Joan of Arc (Random peasant that came from no where sent by God to save France)
Bastion = Orleans (Major City of France under heavy siege from the English to be saved by Joan)

I am really into history and just randomly thought of that. I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on it. :D
I would hope I wasn't Joan of Arc! That would end badly. Like getting caught by the English, tried for heresy, be convicted and sent to be burned. (We were a wonderful group of people, no?)
And while this was happening, France was too stuck up to really save her. I guess they couldn't have done much anyways, considering England would have blew up their naval ships (just like during Napoleon's rule), but they certainly did not try hard for their violent-tempered commander.
Just a little bit deeper into her history.

Best of luck!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
The Professor= The Doctor

I have also seen a couple other Dr Who references, such as that quest in Zafaria.
There is also a Frozen reference in the solar arc.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
More too add:
The Selena Gomez quest line
There is a reference to the Princess Bride on the rooftop of Barkingham Palace
Mak in Azteca makes a Nemo refrence

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
In the chamber of fire in Krokotopia, when you do the quest to reveal the area of where the order of the fang is, you put a staff thing to show a light. Kinda like Indiana Jones. Also there's the well of spirits = the well of souls.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
The whole world of Kroktopia reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh. With the pharaohs and tombs and magic and everything.