Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
Catrin Cheshire! The woman, was a character from the Sherlock Holmes books who was a very clever opera singer, in recent adaptations she is often a romantic interest, I do not know if this was in the original books or not

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but, the history of dragonspyre, in my perspective. Is the fall of the Roman Empire. I honestly don't know if that's what KI intended, but it does seem pretty good to me.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
Tanglewood's final boss, Forrest Grump, a reference from the 1994 film, Forrest Gump

Survivor
Apr 12, 2012
Rose Piper in the Five B.O.X.E.S. In the first 3 seasons of Doctor Who Rose Tyler is is the Doctor's Companion The girl who plays Rose Tyler Is Billie Piper. So its the char's first name "Rose" and the actress' Last name "Piper"
"Rose Piper" Get it?

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
"He Who Smelt It" quest in Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
In the life tower you can see the Triforce.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Dont forget about memes!No one noticed in azteca philosaraptor???

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
Belloq in the Sook, Zafaria has the little golden head from Raiders of the Lost Ark in his tent. Both name and artifact are from the film.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
Wizard101 is full of refrences to my favorite movies... Indiana Jones!

First, in the isalnd getaway house has a large falling boulder, which is a reference to a trap in the first movie.

Belloq is the name of one of the main villians, and in belloq's tent, you can see a treasure from one of the movies as well.

The final and most obvious reference is the throne room of fire. The staff and light used to find the order of the fang is another direct reference to a place in the movies called the map room.

These are great movies that are worth checking out, and if you find more of the easter eggs let me know.

The movies are:
1.Raiders of the lost ark
2.The temple of doom
3.The last crusade
4.Kingdom of the crystal skull

cya in the spiral!
Quinn Ghostshard, level 76

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
The bosses in krokotopia are names of real eqyptian rulers

Krokenkaman=Tutenkhamen
Krokhotep=Imhotep
Krokopatra=Cleopatra VII

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
Most worlds have a reference name

1.Wizard City= City of wizards
2.Krokotopia= Crocodile+Utopia
3.Marleybone=MaryleBone, England
4.Mooshu=A chinese food dish. A little odd scince Mooshu is a fuedal japanese world
5.Dragonspyre=Dragon+Spyre(Volcano)
6.Celsetia=Celestial means stars, moons, suns, planets, nebulas, etc
7.Zafaria=Safari
8.Avalon=Avalon is an island from english lore
9.Azteca=Named after an ancient civilization called the aztecs
10.Khrysalis=Chrysalis, a thing a caterpillar goes inside that changes it into a butterfly
11.Grizzleheim=Grizzly bear
12.Wysteria=Wisteria, a kind of plant
13.Aquila=Aquila, a constellation of a bird

cya in the spiral, Quinn Ghostshard, level 76

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
Shaka Zebu is a reference to a famous african leader named Shaka Zulu

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
A line said by the black knight in Avalon is a parody of a quote from the famous play Romeo and Juliet

Survivor
Nov 17, 2012
There Is A Obvious Reference To Doctor Who With The Five Box's Event

Survivor
Nov 17, 2012
And There is A Skyrim Reference With The Quest Diego Gives You When You Reach lvl 50 Called "Arrow To The Knee"

Survivor
Aug 11, 2014
Ok, I have no idea if someone posted this yet (too lazy to read all the comments), but there's a Metallica reference. When you have to defeat the Sand Stalkers in the arena, the quest name is "Enter Sandman", one of their more popular songs.

Of the replies to this topic I did read it seems KI has a great taste in music.

Saffron FireSword

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
In darkmoor, there is a character named renfield that quotes a line of dialogue spoken by a character named renfield in the novel Dracula

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
In the early stages of developing an Ice wizard, and while you're still in Wizard City, there's a point when your wizard must throw an ice shard into the chasm in the Shopping District while uttering the words:
"Klaatu Berada Nikto" (spelling possibly incorrect)

This is a quote from the original version of the sci-fi movie The Day the Earth Stood Still starring Michael Rennie.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
I dunno if these have been posted yet...

In the Pet Pavilion, there are shops run by the Pet Shop Boys and the West End Girls. The band Pet Shop Boys have a song called West End Girls.

The snack seller in Regent's Square at Marlybone is named Gordon Sumner, which is Sting's (from The Police) legal real life name.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
one of my favorite ones is the O'leary burglars in marlybone being cats. (get it? cat burglars?)

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Not sure about this and would love confirmation but I have the Timberline Flooring purchased in Wysteria and I happened to be watching "The Shining" yesterday... anyone see the similarities of the flooring and the infamous rug that Danny is riding around on?

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
There is a boss near the end of Azteca and when you defeat him he says "It's the end of the world as we know it.. And I feel fine." Which is a reference to the song by R.E.M. Also, that song was in the movie Chicken Little, where the sky was falling too.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2015
I found alot of music references in the quest names. I can only remember a few off the top of my head, but here they are.

Third crafting mission, quest name is "Marleybone Calling" a reference to London Calling by the Clash
Forgot what exactly, but theres a quest in Colossus Alley called "Are You Experienced" Jimi Hendrix's debut album.
Quest to learn about the pet pavilion is called "Pet Sounds", an album by the Beach Boys.
Also in the pet pavilion, there are the "Pet Shoppe Boys" and the "West End Girls". The Pet Shoppe Boys were a band, and West End Girls was a song Written by them.

The first two things Prospector Zeke has you collect are Smiths and Beatles, both of which were English rock bands. Not sure about this one, but I think it was intentional
I forgot whether it was a pet or a spell, but there's something in the game called "War Pigs", named after the Black Sabbath song. I think there was also an Iron Man reference, don't remember exactly what it was. Might have been when you beat the guy on top of golem tower, not sure.

All of these were pretty obvious, but it was still cool seeing them when they popped up, especially considering the majoroty of people who play Wizard 101 are too young to get them.

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
deathy123062 on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
There Is A Obvious Reference To Doctor Who With The Five Box's Event
Yeah, you may want to go back a page or two (page 29 with my settings) in this thread to discover much, MUCH more specific info about all of the Doctor Who references.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Jabberwock
Reference to Alice in Wonderland?

Dakota TitanHeart Exalted