Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
The Blue Oyster Cult quest in MooShoo. BOC is one of my favorite bands!

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
In Krokotopia there is a Recipe Vendor named Ar'dath Bey. In the 1932 version of The Mummy Ardath Bey was the name of Boris Karloff's character, who was sort of a physical incarnation of the Mummy Kharis. In the Brendan Fraser remake Ardath Bey was the leader of the desert warriors who were sworn to protect the world from the Mummy Imhotep. Ardath Bey is also an anagram of Death By Ra, which should give all Balance Wizards a chuckle.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
More Movie stuff...Both the Kraken spells and the various Kraken we battle throughout The Spiral bear a striking resemblance to legendary stop motion animator Ray Harryhausen's 'Ymir' creature from the movie 28 Million Miles to Earth. The Kraken that we battle even move like the creature from the movie. The School of Storm spell Triton's head is a dead ringer for the 'Creature From the Black Lagoon' movies (there were 3 of them). The first movie in the series was directed by legendary makeup artist Jack Arnold, who also designed the Creature.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Was just going through the the first few quest I thought this the first time and now again. Someone is a Fan of Ozzy or Black Sabbath second quest in Unicorn way is Fairy's wear Boots! lol which is a Sabbath song... I believe in Mooshu there is a War Pigs Quest as well which is another Sabbath Song..

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
The Monty Python Mighty steed was my favorite.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
My two references:
1.In Wysteria, there is a quest that says "Pigswick Papers" and there is a book by Charles Dickens that's tiled "Pickwick Papers"
2. In a juice making game I was playing there was a juice called a "Connoly's Folly" and the fourth or so person you talk to in-game is Private Connoly and the quest to talk to him is: "Unicorn Folly"

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
1. The word aquila means eagle in latin.

2. Around wizard city you may find paintings of a monkey from monquista.

3. Zafaria is based off of Africa.

4. The Smiths, Bettles, Yardbirds, Stray Cat Struit, Blue Oyster Cult, ans Grey Roses are all famous bands.

5.The pet the Trojan Horse was actually a real structure built by the spartans. They built it to trick the Trojans so they could sneak into the city of Troy.

Zachary Darkhammer lvl.68 Zachary Stormblade lvl.41 Zachary GoldenSword lvl.10

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
In the movie Mulan there is a dragon character named mushu. (Pronounced Mooshu). Oh and the movie takes place in China.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
In Mulan there is Mooshu (I think) that's where they got the china world named mooshu I think :P

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
In the Chamber of the frozen sun located in the Solar Ark, if you listen to the dialog of the Ice Angler Thug
boss while on the main story line quest it's referencing the award winning song Let it go from the Disney movie Frozen. It's worded so that it fits with terms used for aspects of the spiral.
Since it's a major boss it kind of makes sense to make the reference.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Avalon is based on Avalon in Authurs story ( sorry if misspelled). Morganthe ( in Avalon; most likely to have grown up there), as Morgan Le Fay, a sorceress, also Authurs sister ( half sister??? forgot). Well I have forgot the whole story ....

Healthy food fact: Avalon means apples.

Autumn Summerstone Level 43 ( Almost have Bird Is the word! :D) Plant Liberator

Believe in your strengths, believe.... - Happy Mask Salesman

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Avalon has a boss named Black Annie. In English folklore, Black Annis or Black Agnes was a crone or witch who lived in a cave with an oak tree just outside, who would emerge of an evening and roam the moors to find lambs or human children to eat (she had a taste for human flesh). She would save the skins of her prey, tan them, and wear them under her waist sash or belt as sort of a skirt. She is said to have iron talons or claws to facilitate the flaying of her prey.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
the guy in celestia named gives you a quest worlds beyond, and he says that he is not an artist, that's ironic because their is a popular artist called thornton willis who is a great artist.

with determination, the wheels of fate drive you to success,

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
In Azteca, there is a series of quests. It starts in 3 points and going into Mangrove marsh. The first is called "Little Talks", the name of an Of Monsters And Men song. The next quests are "The truth may vary", "Screams all sound the same", and "Don't know if I am wrong", all of which are said in the song at some point or other.

Bladed Seraph

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
This has probably been brought up already but oh well. In zf, there's a boat that takes you from the marketplace to stone town, and this boat is called the dancing queen, right? Well, I was thinking, I'm pretty sure there's a song put there called "Dancing Queen"

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
Belloq. Do you recognize the clothes, and the way his name is spelled?

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
In Khrysalis, in Sardonyx, there is a bug named "Zelonius the Bluemonk" who is a jazz musician. Clear reference to Thelonius Monk!

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
Autumn Summerstone on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
In Mulan there is Mooshu (I think) that's where they got the china world named mooshu I think :P
I just said that.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Big Ben in Marleybone is basically a replica of the tower in London, England named Big Ben. It's simple clock tower design represents were you fight meowarity as it shows multiple floors until you reach the top. In real life I have a Lego architect design of The Big B. This is my favorite easter egg in Wizard101!!!

-Christopher Life Heart LVL: 51 /
Kaitlyn Iron Strider LVL: 35 /
Miranda Death Blossom LVL: 22/
Joshua Sun Song LVL:6 /
Cassandra Summer Flame LVL:5 /
Cass Summer Thief LVL:2 /

Sorry Myth fans, I just don't like myth that much...............

Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
Jacques the Scratcher from Marleybone HAS to be a reference to Jack the Ripper - the one who committed the Whitechapel murders in the later 1800s.

Sarah DeathBringer - Promethean Necromancer

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
The NPC character in the wizard city commons named Penny Dreadful is named after a horror movie that is about how a mysterious hitchhiker who terrorizes a therapist and her patient on a remote mountain road.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
I love all of the Musical and Popular movie references especially Squire Billy opening his dialog with a Billy Squier song.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
There actually is a Lovecraft Easter Egg in the Great Beast.

The final battle with the Deep Spawn (Deep Ones anybody?), they say ""Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Morganthe Shogg wgah'nagl fhtagn"

This is a slightly edited version of the prayer of the Cthulhu Cult. Replacing the words Cthulhu with Morganthe and Ry'lai with Shogg.

Though Shogg in the Mythos also refers to a realm of darkness. The (very) rough translation would be "In her house in Darkness, Morganthe waits dreaming."

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
My favorite so far, of many, is Hannibal OneTusk in Zafaria. The take-off on "The African Queen" for the name of the boat was funny enough, but hearing a mimic of Han Solo in the game really made my day!