Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
astro1244 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

I would like pets to be a little bigger than they currently are. Also if pets could help in a battle kind of like minions. That would be great for me because im in the storm school and al my minion does is give itself sheild and taunts people wich really doesn't help.

I think you should be able to ride your pet like your dragon. Is it true that you are already able to ride your pet. if so if you can you guys should make it on a dragon you can go up

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
bspell24 wrote:
I think your pets should help you with a battle. Like there will be a button that could say to use your pet. If you have that green pixie/fairy to heal you. Or other pets to help in the battle. Also, I think the pet should be like a minion and when it loses and you are finished with the battle, you could heal your pet.

I like that idea but i think the stronger the pet the more whatever it does. like if it was a saytr it should give you more health than a sprite

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
i think there should be breeding pets so i can make a wraith which gives 2 wraith cards and since i have a summer dragon i think i should be able to ride and it should battle with you and become levels like your wizard but it doesnt have to be in your school

Wizard 101 i really like this game so please make an update about this

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Well you could make the pets do many things.Train them,make them help you on duels,make them huge so you can ride them,you can give it the stuff you want to sell and he/she can go and sell it in the shopping district,they can go to your friend and get a message so it can come back and tell you,it can be your quest helper,it can help you figure out what you have to do on your quest,it can talk to you,and it can go and do those small parts of quest like you have to deleiver something to Zeke or something like that.It would be cool if they could do those things. Mary Dreamshade Level 20 Adept Death Wizard

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I have a Couple ideas for The Pets.

My first Idea is a kind of pet arena where you can have your pets battle instead of the Wizards.
My next Idea is that you can put them in yor house and have them run all over just like any real pet.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Oh, more idea posting. XD I have a few that I would love to share.

1) I think all pets should come with some kind of card. Maybe, we could do a quest for the pet, as a training method so it can help in some way.
2) Maybe instead of having the minion spell, the pets we buy could become our minion and help us. Certain one's to different aspects to the game. Like, a pet could be defensive or offensive. [Think of protection and damage pox from dragonspyre.]
3) Our pets could futhur help our stats. Like, fire pets [fire cat, heck hound, etc.] could help fire students only, raise their health, accuracy, etc. Each school should have a set of pets specifically for them that helps raise their stats.

Those are my ideas for now. I really like the second and third ideas best though.

Neela Glade, level 48 pyromancer.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I would like to feed and water my pet and put clothing on my pet.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
it would be nice if you had a card or something nd they attack just like a wand attack or something and make them a little bigger and make them be abble to wander away maybe for a while just not to far and maybe be able to let them loose around the house

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
i think that you could ride your pet anywhere it would be way more cool looking

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
i think that you could ride your pet any where it would be so cool

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Finally! Pet Requests! OH, where shall I begin?!

I think more pets should give cards. I hardly see any pets that do so besides the Crown Item, Dragon.

Pets should also have the ability to be summoned for only 1-3 turns. The rarer the pet, the more health it will have. In other words, the harder it is to get, the more its health(but remember, the most it can stay is 1-3 turns). The pets would also have half the chance you have yourself of getting a power pip. So, if you have 20% chance of getting a power pip, the minion would only have a 10% chance.
actually, all grandmaster pets give a card of them selves, so do some rare drops, a fairy gives a fairy, the jade oni pet, storm hound. the other idea is cool though.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Midsummer wrote:
I have no interest in feeding my pet or trying to keep it alive. I really couldn't care less if they battle with me and in fact I think that would take away from the fun of having pets. Seriously, would you make your real-life pets do work?

I do, however, believe that all dropped pets should have some sort of special card with them. I have picked up several fun looking pets that are for decoration only. My manders stand around looking nervous and clapping, my sprite flies around, my serpent slithers, but it would be nice if they had special cards that you can use. Stardust Twinkletoes is nice, but by the time you are level 25, all you do is discard that level 1 card. I just got the healing fairy last night and I think I'll hold onto that card for emergencies. But special cards with pets would be nice, which is why I use my Pioneer Dragon most of the time.
when you reach level forty eight, you get a pet of your level forty two spell and a powerful creature from your school. like if your fire, you get a helephant, death, a wraith etc.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
i love this idea and i agree with astro our storm minion cant do anything, and i would love my stormzilla pet to go in and fight with me instead of water elemental, and i hope you guys come out new pet asap i really like this game, everyday my friend ask me to hang with them i turn them down and just sit in my room and play this game cause it awesome.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Okay, I got this idea in my head last night, but first off, I like all the ideas that everyone's saying, thier cool.

My idea is that pets could do combo attacks with thier masters(the wizards).
The attacks would vary depending on the type of pet and wand/staff/sword equipped. Since I have the Jade Oni pet Equipped, along with the Jade Oni's Amthyst Blade, it would be a cool combo attack. the backgroung could be the same as the one for the Ninja Pig spell, or it could vary as well.

I think that the spell should be between three to five pips, that way it doesn't take too long or too short to cast.

I think this could be a cool idea.

P.S. I also think that pets should be able to roam around a wizards dorm/castle when their not in use. It saves up space in a wizards bank, backpack, and shared bank for more things, and the pets could come out of the tiny arched door, if a wizard has it.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
i also think that pets should more than just a companion they should help in battle give you cards and evn ride them anywhere anytime.

P.S. i wonder why there isnt a balance shield and you cant control your minions?

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

to fight in battles with you

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

pets to be able to duel other pets that would be so cool and battle with you and gain lvls

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
astro1244 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I would like pets to be a little bigger than they currently are. Also if pets could help in a battle kind of like minions. That would be great for me because im in the storm school and al my minion does is give itself sheild and taunts people wich really doesn't help.

pets as minions. i want a helephant minion!! :D

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I'd love to be able to just interact with my pet more like teach it tricks and pet it and what not. Just have it do more than follow me around. I'd also like it to be useful like help me win battles and stuff, and different pets should have different spells to be able to cast. I think that'd be awesome

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Help in a battle.
Like if you need help,there will be a button that says,"Summon pet"
And they would help until the battle is over. :)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Most likely someone has already said this but, what about mounts?
Like the little pets you have aren't the size of the spells they are in. They should make it so that there is a pet trainer of some sort, a new class. ( sort of like the new class of crafting ) For example, there is a quest chain to grow up your drake in dragonspyre but all you get to do is ride it to the great spyre. There should be a quest giver who would give you a choice of quests. Each quest would result in getting a certain pet that would be able to turn in to a mount ( not all pets would be able to become mounts such as ghoul, or ninja pig) you would complete the quest and choose one of your pets that are valid to be " grown " into a mount. Then when you would ride mounts into a battle there should be a special ability for them. Like natural attack for minions . You would ride forward and say you were riding an orthrus ( i think thats what the two headed dog is called ) Then it goes up and does its signature attack like what the actualy card does. Obviously for pets like these there would have to be a level limit unlike other pets. What would the game be like when novices run around with level 48 spells? :( :x :?

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
i think it would be awesome to be able to actually pet your pet, as well as other peoples. Also another idea is, maybe let the pets you aren't using roam around your home, or be able to set a distinct area of where they can run around.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I remember that they once had cards attached to the pets so you could get an extra card in your deck. I would like to see that again. I would also like to be able to buy a dog house for my pets. I also want a more variety of pets to choose from like a Griffin or a Hippocampus.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
muffin1905 wrote:
I have some requests that I think would be pretty fun. Here are some ideas:

Be able to breed/hatch pets. Say, instead of getting pets, you got eggs or babies. Then you would have to take care of them, you know, making sure they're warm, that they don't crack. Then they hatch and you have a baby pet.

Now, you can buy pet food special to the kind of pet and feed it. Eventually it would grow bigger and bigger until it could learn tricks. As it got bigger it could have more advanced tricks (where some form of pet show comes in). Then there would be certain breeds of pets, Dragons, Unicorns, Snow Snakes, Blood Bats that you could actually get on and ride of they were fed enough. It would only give a small increase in speed, maybe 10-35%.

Or, if you didn't want to spend money, you could keep it as a baby for cuteness or whatever.

Pet shows would have rankings just like PvP, and you would win Show Tickets, just like PvP. You would choose a trick that your pet knows, and it would perform it. There is a 'Slip Up!' chance, like a fizzle. There are computerized judges that choose the best and they win that round. Shows could be from 3-9 rounds, and ties could have a show off.

That's probably not the way it's gonna work, but I think it's a good idea.

I love that idea! I totally agree with it! This is off topic but I think that they should add something similar to the bazaar but different. It's where any wizard can open up their own shop and sell drop items. It would be public to all wizards in the server. You could customize your own items and craft items to sell.

Survivor
May 02, 2009