Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Excellent topic!

I think that pets are one of the coolest things in the game and should be expanded upon greatly!

1) Pets should have the ability to gain XP or abilities like characters and gain cards/skills/training points and thus grow with your character. Maybe there could even be a pet school where you could train and guide your pet down a certain skill path.

2) Pets not equipped should be able to roam at your house, or have a stable or special dwelling you can buy for them to stay at your house instead of in your backback or bank. It would be cool to teleport to your house and see your pet wandering around.

3) MORE PETS, more choices, more variety, more levels of pets where you can buy the basic version, or for more gold get it with an ability or card. Also, school specific pets would be cool!

4) Change colors and/or outfits on pets and be able to customize them more.

5) Pets with their own ability card (Storm Hound, Oni, etc) should hop straight from your circle to hit the enemy, thus making it look like they really are doing it.

6) And finally, more name choices!!!

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
It would be really nice if pets could run around house or dorm rooms when not equipped. Putting them in back pack or chest is just a waste. ;)
I am a pet collecter and would really like to see them interact more.

Also, if possible please bring back storm beetle.... please, please, please lol

Explorer
May 09, 2009
Larger pets and cooler pets like more Elementals (that are twice your size :-D) would be really cool. Also if they could give you a piggle back ride that would help to get around :-D. I finally hope that one day we will be able to ride giant dragons to get to faraway places like the Haunted Cave on Triton Avenue :-). This all would be very handy and I'm sure all of Ravenwood would appricate whatever the updates on the pets are.

Signed,
Marcus Legendcrafter, LVL 27, LIFE Storm

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Blaze111314 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

I would love it if every one could train there pets until it is realy big and then ride your pet.

ya that would be so cool! maby we could even teach them how to talk!
that would be really cool! :D :D :D :D

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
A few things. I think that you should be able to fight with your pet like how wands have multiple cards for that curtin wand. Also you should be able to let your pets that your not using stay in your houe and you can buy toys, beds , and food dishes. Another thing is i would love to have an owl its not fair that the headmaster gets one and we dont! We should also beable to ride are pets and for some fly on them freely becuase when i got to the drake part i was dissapointed that you couldnt control it my greatest dream is to ride a pet dragon. but of course they should be able to grow and you should have to take care of it. you should also dress them up.
One of your biggest fans,
Oran Lightspear. :P

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
it would be really cool if you can raise your pet and when they get big enough you can ride them freely instead riding that drake in dragonspyer. please add everything we say they are all great ideas.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
i would like all grandmaster pets to have more than 1 current spell of them. : :-o

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I think your pet should grow over time any the dragons grow especially big, so you can when there fully grown ride them around your castle or cottage and explore the air of all the different areas.

Survivor
Mar 11, 2009
maybe we should make a game out of riding our pets like quiditch in harry potter instead of brooms of course :-)

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
More pets to have spells on them! I spent a TON of time trying to get the Fairy from the Firecat Alley boss, but I gave up since I heard from a friend that has one that it doesn't have a card on it. :(

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
TO be able to talk to the pet or feed it would be cool. Also you should be able to get houses(like dog houses) for your house were they could stay, and you could play with them with toys.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
There are a lot of great Idea's as to what people believe pets should be able to do, Personally my favorites are :

1. Pet Tricks- Maybe in a response to a certain words. Tthis would be funny to watch as people carry out conversations with friends and their pets start jumping around.

2. Pets as Minions- Great idea! I know some pets come with their own card, but it would be neat to see ALL pets have more of a roll in the Duel sequence.

3. Pet Customization- Ok, so you can color your Dragon, But can you put a Plate Helm on your Piggle? Or maybe your Pixie is complaining about not having the newest fashons! Who says Princess Bruiser shouldn't have a sword?

Best Regards!
Duncan RavenThorn
GrandMaster Necromancer

Survivor
May 22, 2009
It would be cool if they could evolve. Like fire chick to fire bird to phoenix :-( and egg to dragon to naga :D :) :-) :D .

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Merlin244 wrote:
How do I get the sunbird to be my pet? Please help me!

One of the Onis in Mooshu drop the Sunbird. I'm almost sure it's the War Oni

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I think that it would be cool for your pets to somehow roam around your house!!!!

Survivor
Nov 03, 2008

I think pets should be able to interact with us wizards ( ), and can be used in battles as a minion, or a card like you have all ready made...
So thats just my opinion. Hello, everyone, I am new to these boards...()

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I'd like pets to be able to do tricks. That's the least I want Wizard101 to do.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
Zzany wrote:
TO be able to talk to the pet or feed it would be cool. Also you should be able to get houses(like dog houses) for your house were they could stay, and you could play with them with toys.

:?
That's kinda like Toontown in a way. The only thing in that idea that ISN'T in Toowntown is the doghouse... I think...

Michael ThunderSpear
Grandmaster Pyromancer
:?

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Benoba wrote:
I think that there should be a dueling ring in Mooshu, where after you complete Mooshu, you should be able to go inside of it. But the cool thing is that you battle as your pet, not your character. From defeating someone else's pet, your pet gains experience and then when it gains enough it will grow a level where it would get more health. After it grows a certain amount of levels, it could be able to learn new moves and possibly give you more spell cards when your person fighting enemies.

Jeffrey Stormhunter

i just plain love!!!!!!!!! that idea

Survivor
May 12, 2009
alright i am getting sick that nobody has mentioned this now i am a master on fairy monsters and stuff so i believe that i have something to say

1. your pet your be able to talk to you

2. your pet should make friends with your friends pets and when you tell them to go and help them

3. i have heard about special attacks on pratically every game i have played and yes i have heard about pheonix blade you should be able to have you pets turn into a staff or sword and when you use it you turn half human half your pet

4. and your pet should be cared for instead of just walking by you feet hungry cause you don't feed it

5.and they should grow day by day until you can ride them and interact with them like for an emote for grown pets you will hold their head in your heads and say you are my dragon unicorn .etc and they will react by like whining and snuggleing with you :-)

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
okay people be real it would be hard to use your pet as a helper in a battle but pets could definently boost your stats in ways so it would be an advantage

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

To be fair to our pets, I think that instead of them being confined to our backpack, bank or sharebank when not equipped they should be allowed to roam free around our dorm room or house. I own a big place in DS, WC, and MS and it would be nice to see them walking around and not taking up valuable room in my backpack or bank. Maybe even let them lay eggs if they roam around long enough.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Dude it would rock if they could come in the battle . I want my piggle sir sparky in battle with me it would belly flop people.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
i think that you should have pet chat which you can use to tell your pets to do something like if he is by a person you could tell him to go greet him some way well thx for listening

and i hope you add pet chat