Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Announcing Wintertusk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
I just have one comment: Why is Grandmother Raven depicted as heavy. I think the stigmata of older people being heavier debilitated needs to be looked at. Me myself being an older active person would like to see that examined for further additions of older Wizards. ty :)

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
YA!
Wintertusk seems awesome! i cant wait to see it! SO EXCITED! :D more Excited about these new spell n pets! :P that rockin! did i mention Grizzle sorta look like Oregon wit all these trees :)
excited
cant wait rock on perfesser!

gothic hippi

Survivor
May 09, 2010
that sounds awesome but i have just one question about the new world. are the quests from it going to give players more money, experience, and items than what quests in grizzleheim offered to players? :? :?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
:P I'm a level 60 ice student, so you defently see me there. It will be great to explore the new addition to GH.
StarsongKY wrote:
Professor, will we still be able to earn our new school pets even if we've already finished our level 58 spell quests? And might there be some surprising results if we hatch them with each other and our other (level 48) school pets?

I hope your top Ice students (like me) are getting new Wyverns!

- Sierra Starsong
Legendary Thaumaturge
Grandmaster Artisan & Gardener

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait i love doing new worlds and i cant wait to see the new spells and pets :D wizard101 rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
I didn't take time to read the billion posts on this. Is there going to be added levels? I'm level 60. :-) It would be :( and it would be if there wasn't more levels added.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2011
I don't think its a april fools joke they have updates at the beginning of nearly every month so i think this is the real deal

Survivor
May 28, 2010
Sooooo........ Will we get the pets like Snow Angel, Levithian, Ra, etc. Sooo excited! I hope the spells are awesome, too. (Hopefully not for high levels, I'm only level 48) WOOHOOOOO!!! :-o

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
i am so exited i just turned level 36
only four more levels and then i am a master masters are level 40 do you have to be a weak wizard to go to winter tusk because if you do im in trouble

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
is there a mounth you think this awesome new world will be out on test or live realm? or any more hints? will the new lvl 58 pets look like spells like the lvl48 pets? can't wait :D

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
TheTrueRonan31173 wrote:
Well it says a thing it says 6Days,12Hours,and yea
You guys do realize this is KingsIsle's April Fool to get our hopes up? Count it on your calanders: I see 10:15, April 1!

Ronan TitanStalker, Master Necromancer

I hope that's just a coincidence because that would make a lot of players mad. It would make me mad too lol. I just really hope its not. :(

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Napotad wrote:
Baldur GoldPaws wrote:
Let me follow up with a little more information.

1. Yes, you will be required to complete Grizzleheim before you can enter Wintertusk.

2. No, there will not be a raise in the level cap.

3. Yes, players who are over level 58 will be able to obtain their pet.

4. No, the Selena Gomez quest/rewards will not be returning.

5. Yes, players who have reached Legendary will be able to obtain their new school spell.

6. Wintertusk storyline has nothing to do with the Morganthe story line. The horn in Grandmother Raven’s hand has no bearing on the prophecy.
Um sorry if this sounds rude baldor (btw where do you get your outfit?) but if we are legendaries (i am not one but a lot of people are) then how would we benefit for this world? the only thing we would be enjoying is maybe new items, and the storyline, and even though storylines can get interesting, wheres the benefit? i say you should raise the level cap at least 5 levels, if not 10.

Ryan Dragonsword, Level 50 Pyromancer, Secondary school storm
Currently working on the world of celestia and grizzleheim.
P.S. LOVE THE POLYMORPHS i just turned level 50 yesterday and it rocks! almost every battle i polymorph. i havent gotten a critical fire spell yet so FINGERS CROSSED

I agree I am kinda mad about the no lvl cap. I was really hoping there would be one cause all i can do on my legendary is do pvp or work on my house. Oh well.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
christopher62597 wrote:
Is Wintertusk going to be exactly like Grizzleheim or will it be completly different, cuz if it were exactly like GH it'd be boring. Peace
Uh huh? Well WT might be like GH but think about the new clothing and lv. 58 pets they'll be releasing and I just got the pet information =P. Anyways, you have to do GH before you could get to WT so LIVE WITH IT!

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
Farhalon wrote:

christopher62597 wrote:
Is Wintertusk going to be exactly like Grizzleheim or will it be completly different, cuz if it were exactly like GH it'd be boring. Peace

I have to agree. I'm an Adult player, and i originally started playing World of Warcraft back in 2006. Something that Blizzard has done well is milk the situation. They Give you the announcement of the Expansion, but not the release date. They they wait to announce it till there subscribers go up. Which they have and will. But they have also learned to give players new content. A new level cap, more areas, things to do at end game. Having a lvl 60 life, and working on a lvl 46 storm, i found that the only thing left to do once it hit 60 was make gold and decorate my house, and occasionally breed pets. But Theres nothing that is lvl 60 specific. Cool we get Wintertusk... but what ends is that going to accomplish, no lvl cap, nothing new, Just a Zone that if it is at all like Grizzle Heim is just going to be boring. I'm a fan of Celtic mythology, as well as viking, Scandinavian, Saxons and Gaelic, so saying that i found it boring is saying a lot for me. This is a great game, and i have picked it over wow, but it needs to keep me fueled or i'll resort back to World of Warcraft.

Well, there are new pets and spells coming. It's ok for me if there is a break between new worlds because it gives my time to craft, farm, etc (I have 6 wizards so there is a lot to do always).

I too hope that Wintertusk is not like GH. Terribly boring there. I am only doing it because we have to to get to Wintertusk.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
cool please put grizzle pets als i am duncan ghost staff death master

death rules

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
This is gonna be awesome i have been waiting for months because i was bored with nothing to do

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
So for wintertusk will we be able to go there before or after grizzleheim?

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I am not excited, not impressed, nor waiting for it.

I am surprised so many people ARE. From what I have seen playing through Celestia, I won't hold my breath. Much less for anything that KingsIsle says is "special."

Ya i kinda agree but i kinda dont. i'm sad that there is no lvl cap but the pets sound good. i wont be doing wintertusk cause of no lvl cap. whats the point?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
i am so exited about the new world i feel like i am going to explode it is to exiting for me but will i have to have acsec to grizzlehime ? i dont have acsec to grizzlehime i am only level 19 i am about to have acsec to it but i am not level 20 i think i sed to much about my charicter butt i have a budy that is level 60 she killed malistairmy name on wizard 101 is seth rosepants i know that is a weird or funny name i think it is weird look for me and i will de your budy so i will meet you in the pet pivilon in area 1 ralm grey rose by ps.i will tell you a joke in one of my letters by

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
Why do some people want a level cap increase? Isn't the adventure worth it? What if a level cap increase came but there was no world to complete it with? Being stronger does not matter. As long as your as strong as your opponenet then you'll do fine. And Grizzleheim is not boring. If you read what the NPCs have to say then it might get interesting. Wintertusk might be like Grizzleheim but at least give it a chance.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
cant wait really but will their be new worlds and more levels and new spells anyway cant wait for wintertusk

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
sunsword44 wrote:

Does no one enjoy just playing through a great story?!?!

Yes, but in a game the story is only part of the equation. Gaining Xp and seeing yourself get stronger as you level up is just as important as the story imo.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
I am very excited for Wintertusk, I have finished most worlds and cannot wait for the next to come out! go wizard 101!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D