Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is there no pet shop in marleybone?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
I have been wondering that.i mean,we could have cats and rats there,birds...all kinds of real-life related animals.by cats i mean like the small ones found for zeke's quest.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
fine then..how about the have human pets?XD
we can have rats as pets

Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
peter0722 wrote:
we can have rats as pets

But then the rats might take offense. XD It would be interesting to have an Ambrose pet... or a mini-me...

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Valmere wrote:
peter0722 wrote:
we can have rats as pets

But then the rats might take offense. XD It would be interesting to have an Ambrose pet... or a mini-me...

rats will always take offense! lol
but i agree with that assessment that there should be a pet shop in marleybone i want a different pet and now have to wait to get to mooshu for one it sux having to wait.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
Instead of a Pet Shop, I wish they had a Library where we could go and get Treasure Cards instead of going back to Wizard City or Krokatopia.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
About the pet shop, my guess is the Marleybonians detest the idea of making pets of any forms of life no matter what they may be. Seeing as cats and dogs are being made pets in other worlds (eg: firecats in wizard city and heckhound in krokotopia).

Also, there is no treasure card shop in Marleybone because they value science and technology over magic. Hence, the presence of airships and cars. Only Arthur Weathersfield in Wizard City can do magic I think (or rather choose to).

Just be lucky that they sell clothing and items that augment our spells. Though I can't guess why they have a wand shop.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Lupan I have to say your probly half correct but heres why. Well half they want you to win them because there are so many pets that so many people can have. Why in Moo Shu? Because last world till DS and you win way more there then in all worlds put together

Look it up. Wizard101Central.com

( Nice domain by the way)

Survivor
Sep 17, 2008
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
I have been wondering that.i mean,we could have cats and rats there,birds...all kinds of real-life related animals.by cats i mean like the small ones found for zeke's quest.

You should be able to have one pet from Marlybone. There should be one place where you could get at least one pet and it doesn't have to be a pet shop.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
Ithink that there should be a pet shop in every world. In wizard city there is a whole shopping district with every shop. In krokotopia there is every shop. I think there should be a shopping district in every world so there would be new cool stuff for that world.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
PrincessLily wrote:
Instead of a Pet Shop, I wish they had a Library where we could go and get Treasure Cards instead of going back to Wizard City or Krokatopia.
yes there shoud be. :-)

Survivor
Nov 16, 2008
ltlthunder wrote:
Valmere wrote:
peter0722 wrote:
we can have rats as pets

rats will always take offense! lol
but i agree with that assessment that there should be a pet shop in marleybone i want a different pet and now have to wait to get to mooshu for one it sux having to wait.

I am taking very much offense!

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I wish there was a pet shop as well. But, even more than that, I wish there was a shop in both Marleybone and Krokotopia for dying the colors of clothes. It gets annoying to have to go back to Wizard City when I get new gear that I want to dye. Yeah, I'm a bit OCD about that. ;)

(BTW, If there is such a store in Marleybone or Krokotopia, please tell me. I may have missed them. And, if I did, I will feel quite silly.)

-Alric DeathHaven (Magus Necromancer)

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
This is probably not relevant to the original question, but is there a Library in Marleybone, because I know there's one in Krokotopia and Wizard City, but I've looked all around, and could'nt find a place to buy treasure cards...

Administrator
Defender
Aug 19, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
The only Libraries right now are Wizard City and Krokotopia.

Yes, but WHY?

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
I concur, I'd like to have a library on one of the worlds, that sells treasure cards such as Scarecrow, Clockwork golem and such, just cards that you can get as drops.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Foomie wrote:
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
Ithink that there should be a pet shop in every world. In wizard city there is a whole shopping district with every shop. In krokotopia there is every shop. I think there should be a shopping district in every world so there would be new cool stuff for that world.
i think your wrong. it dosent matter really. who wants to spend money on a pet that dosent help you in anything at all! its worthless! you spend money to look cool? i mean who dosent want to show off in thins game but i think that there shouldnt be a pet shop in every world. only like a wand and deck shop would be fine, possibly amor shops but thats it.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2008
Survivor
Sep 29, 2008
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
lupan wrote:
About the pet shop, my guess is the Marleybonians detest the idea of making pets of any forms of life no matter what they may be. Seeing as cats and dogs are being made pets in other worlds (eg: firecats in wizard city and heckhound in krokotopia).

Also, there is no treasure card shop in Marleybone because they value science and technology over magic. Hence, the presence of airships and cars. Only Arthur Weathersfield in Wizard City can do magic I think (or rather choose to).

Just be lucky that they sell clothing and items that augment our spells. Though I can't guess why they have a wand shop.

Seems like the Marleybonians are cunfused with there morals because in Krokotopia the Manders are working for them ( i would call it slavery with one manders actually says as well but can't remember which one, but will find his name). So I can't see how they would detest pets.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Fleur wrote:
HarryPotter9128 wrote:

You should be able to have one pet from Marlybone. There should be one place where you could get at least one pet and it doesn't have to be a pet shop.

Actually, you can get a pet in Marleybone like you say, threw boss battles. There is certain bosses in Marleybone that drop pets, but they are hard to get as pet and wand/staff drops are the rarest things in the game. If you want a list of all the pets we know of so far go into Wizard101Central and search pet list. 8)

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
PrincessLily wrote:

I agree. I wish they had a Library there, too! It would be much easier :D