Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is there no pet shop in marleybone?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
12
lupan wrote:
About the pet shop, my guess is the Marleybonians detest the idea of making pets of any forms of life no matter what they may be. Seeing as cats and dogs are being made pets in other worlds (eg: firecats in wizard city and heckhound in krokotopia).

Also, there is no treasure card shop in Marleybone because they value science and technology over magic. Hence, the presence of airships and cars. Only Arthur Weathersfield in Wizard City can do magic I think (or rather choose to).

Just be lucky that they sell clothing and items that augment our spells. Though I can't guess why they have a wand shop.
are you a life wizard? cuz you sure sound like one lol jk. but yea i agree with you,but sometimes i do think to my self maybe there SHOULD be a pet shop in MARLYBONE. but then again you never know maybe they will make one. :) :? :( 8)

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
28
wait a second... when you were talking about like how rats will take offense isn't there a 'rat magician' pet i've seen someone with in the grand tree... 8) (beat that!!!)

Jacob Ghostwhisper 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
lvl 23 ice wizard 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
42
There should be a pet shop in marlybone, but what would be some pets i mean humans as pets thats not a good pet.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
8
what the heck you guys the real deal of pets are the ones that give cards and damage and mana and ones that are for crowns only and ones that are very rare that barley ANY grands have from a very hard boss YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY but still pets are still cool like clockwork golem or something but pets are theirselves in marleybone because marleybone is cats and dogs and rats duh. sry if this post offends anyone in any way.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
28
You guys know that the rarest pet is a rat magician???

And it is that rare there is only like 250 of them in the Spiral

(only seen two)

Anyway I think there should be a pet store in MB (and library)

~Jacob Ghostwhisper level 35 Magus Thaumaturge~
See ya in the Spiral!

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
50
Fleur wrote:
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
I have been wondering that.i mean,we could have cats and rats there,birds...all kinds of real-life related animals.by cats i mean like the small ones found for zeke's quest.

You should be able to have one pet from Marlybone. There should be one place where you could get at least one pet and it doesn't have to be a pet shop.


Actually there is a marleybone pet. I've seen some people with white rats and a top hat like the rank 4 life O'leary's


Hey, nice names guys

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
39
mike198 wrote:
Humans as pets!?


I think this is a cool idea. You could have Mini Ambroses or mini yous Mike198 - you are awesome!

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
104
It offends them Lol
Lucas Drakebloom
Level 41
Oni slayer
Ice wizard

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
2
The Reason y there is no pet shop is because bosses drop pets! here are some:
Rat Magician: Big Ben OR Counterweight East and West
Cat: crown shop or maybe pops o'leary i am not sure
Yellow Ghost: Fredrick is he even a real boss?
maybe the Crab and the black cat i am not sure!


~Sarah Level 36 balance wizard (magus)

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
18
Valmere wrote:
peter0722 wrote:
we can have rats as pets


But then the rats might take offense. XD It would be interesting to have an Ambrose pet... or a mini-me...
LOL, a mini Ambrose would be awesome...

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
18
lavepen wrote:
Foomie wrote:
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
I have been wondering that.i mean,we could have cats and rats there,birds...all kinds of real-life related animals.by cats i mean like the small ones found for zeke's quest.
Ithink that there should be a pet shop in every world. In wizard city there is a whole shopping district with every shop. In krokotopia there is every shop. I think there should be a shopping district in every world so there would be new cool stuff for that world.
i think your wrong. it dosent matter really. who wants to spend money on a pet that dosent help you in anything at all! its worthless! you spend money to look cool? i mean who dosent want to show off in thins game but i think that there shouldnt be a pet shop in every world. only like a wand and deck shop would be fine, possibly amor shops but thats it.
I've gotta say you're half right, and here's why. Some pets can be used in battle, so they're not completely useless. Pets like Lightning Bat, Brown Spider, and Inferno Cat give you a spell card to fight with.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
11
lupan wrote:
About the pet shop, my guess is the Marleybonians detest the idea of making pets of any forms of life no matter what they may be. Seeing as cats and dogs are being made pets in other worlds (eg: firecats in wizard city and heckhound in krokotopia).

Also, there is no treasure card shop in Marleybone because they value science and technology over magic. Hence, the presence of airships and cars. Only Arthur Weathersfield in Wizard City can do magic I think (or rather choose to).

Just be lucky that they sell clothing and items that augment our spells. Though I can't guess why they have a wand shop.


Technically there is also Penny Dreadful shes not a dog but she still a MB

Survivor
Apr 30, 2010
5
Fleur wrote:
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
I have been wondering that.i mean,we could have cats and rats there,birds...all kinds of real-life related animals.by cats i mean like the small ones found for zeke's quest.

You should be able to have one pet from Marlybone. There should be one place where you could get at least one pet and it doesn't have to be a pet shop.




like from a easy or hard quest!!!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
1
Look at the Test Realm info. There's a pet shop coming soon. Thread Closed.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
1
ok, there IS a pet shop in mb. it is in digmoore station. u have to go down some stairs to a blue door? i forget but i know it is down some stairs in digmoore station. hop i'm not too late posting thins but whatever. 8) 8) 8) 8) :P :P 8) i like smiley faces

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
223
hrls wrote:
PrincessLily wrote:
Instead of a Pet Shop, I wish they had a Library where we could go and get Treasure Cards instead of going back to Wizard City or Krokatopia.


I agree. I wish they had a Library there, too! It would be much easier :-D


There is no shop, but if you beat the boss "grub" in "sunken City" you can earn an "OLeary" henchmen" one of those cats that flip a coin. I know, I got one on first try. So you can earn things that are of "marlybone origin". Plus in the pet area where you train your pet in wizard city there is a place where you trade I think tickets for pets. There is a rat there.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
4
there is there is one down the stairs behind mayor go in the door and you see 2 guys a trainer and a pet seller go to the pet seller and theres a brass golem wooden golem i think and a cat thug.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
2
Enoch1980 wrote:
I wish there was a pet shop as well. But, even more than that, I wish there was a shop in both Marleybone and Krokotopia for dying the colors of clothes. It gets annoying to have to go back to Wizard City when I get new gear that I want to dye. Yeah, I'm a bit OCD about that. ;-)

(BTW, If there is such a store in Marleybone or Krokotopia, please tell me. I may have missed them. And, if I did, I will feel quite silly.)

-Alric DeathHaven (Magus Necromancer)
there is a pet shop

Survivor
May 31, 2010
2
8)
Enoch1980 wrote:
I wish there was a pet shop as well. But, even more than that, I wish there was a shop in both Marleybone and Krokotopia for dying the colors of clothes. It gets annoying to have to go back to Wizard City when I get new gear that I want to dye. Yeah, I'm a bit OCD about that. ;-)

(BTW, If there is such a store in Marleybone or Krokotopia, please tell me. I may have missed them. And, if I did, I will feel quite silly.)

-Alric DeathHaven (Magus Necromancer)
there is a pet shop in the digmore stashion i think :?

Survivor
May 01, 2010
14
There is a pet shop in MB.
My friend told me that it is somewhere in Digmoore Station.
I found it, and surprisingly, all the pets where Golems! o O

Hope this helps!!
Tyler Soulstaff
Draconian Slayer
Level 30 Magus Conjurer

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
11
scarboy25 wrote:
there is there is one down the stairs behind mayor go in the door and you see 2 guys a trainer and a pet seller go to the pet seller and theres a brass golem wooden golem i think and a cat thug.
LOL.. I have been through that station a million times and I have never seen that door...

Until today. Yes, Virginia, there ~is~ a pet store in Marlybone. Along with Croaky the Trainer BEHIND the mayor, down the stairs and behind the blue door.

Wooden Something
Cat Thug
Brass Golem

Thanks all. :D

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
66
I looove my cat thug named Oscar I got from the petshop. He is really slow in races, although I do always win the ranked ones Anyways, yeah, you can get Wooden Golems, Steel Golems, and Cat Thugs or something like that. Anyways,

Scarlet Willow
Master Sorcerer Lvl 48- Dragonspyre

Victoria Dusk
Magus Necromancer Lvl 36- MooShu

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
1
Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
9
harrypotter it has one by the mini game stand in a building

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
45
Fleur wrote:

You should be able to have one pet from Marlybone. There should be one place where you could get at least one pet and it doesn't have to be a pet shop.

I think there is a Pet shop in Marlybone inside the secret training shop.

I'm not entirly sure, though.