Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Level Non-chatters in Plaza of Conquest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
I SOOOOOOOO know what you mean i am sick of them using my traps and converts and using level 5,10,and 15 spells thinking they're SOOOO strong, they're no were near our level they shouldnt even be there :?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
noyeh wrote:
I would also like to suggest if people don;'t like this idea maybe create a few "realms" that are strictly for soloists! This way we can level ourselves and farm with ease and know that nobody can join us as we dual when we don't want others to join in. This could be another idea as well. This way we can use our same wizards to go into the other realms and dual alongside each other in the other realms. Maybe? And then the problem is solved. When we want to fight in groups we just go to the other realms.

This is an awesome idea. People who like to play alone or solo bosses would really benefit from this. Sometimes you just need a break from all these people asking "Can you help me?" or jumping in when you don't need them.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
It is annoying. once set up a bunch of traps and a level 13 came in and trashed them with a monster that a monster was immune to.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I have never had any problem with this type of thing. Never had a low level player scam on one of my fights, or teleport to me in the middle of a fight and throw the whole thing off. Perhaps it is partly a matter of who you say yes to being friends with?

I don't think it should be limited by level. What if a particularly adept player finishes Mooshu before reaching level 40 or 45? They should be allowed to enter Dragonspyre. I agree with those who mentioned not being allowed onto a world unless you have the spiral key for it. If a player tried to teleport to a world they haven't gained access to yyet, they would recieve a message that it is inaccessable until the quest chain is completed. That should sufficiently limit the players in worlds so that noobs aren't getting free passes, but genuinely good players can get access when their quests are complete. Once you have access to a world you should be able to go to any part of it, either by the quest chain or teleporting. I don't see anything wrong with being able to teleport farther into a world once you have gained access to. If you don't like someone teleporting to you, unfriend them.

KI can't be expected to allow you to limit who joins your fights. There is limited space, as well as spawnings of certain creatures (mainly bosses). If there are many players in an area, and everyone is blocking each other, you could literally run out of space to play the game. This is especially true in the earlier worlds where there are tons of players. What if a player is drawn by a creature to a play area where another person is already in battle? If the battling player rejects the drawn player, would the battler still have to fight the additional creature? Would the rejected player spawn by the play circle, or back in the common area? What if a lower level player legitamately made it to an area through the quest chains, and is trying to join fights but continuously getting rejected for being a "noob"? What if I am second and have a friend I want to let in the battle, but the player who is first kicks my friend out because they think it is funny? There's too many ways this kind of system could be abused, or just poorly structured to begin with.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
The game is open to players ages 10 and up. How many 10 year olds do you know are great at strategy? There are times when I've seen grandmasters make stupid moves. The game is meant to be fun and entertaining. Like everyone here I've had traps used up by wands. You then need to adapt and make up for the lack of knowledge on someone's part.

You may want to go onto one of the lesser used servers like Seraph and not friend any newbies. I have certainly died enough times in the game to not take it too seriously.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2009
I have an idea. If they can't go to that world, but try to port to someone, they can't.

Luke Windwraith
Level 34 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
lI agree to a point on the subject of Low-Level chatters and traps.
What do you do if you are a balance wizard and everyone uses your traps, your shields, and your blades? I can never get hit in for boosting other people! How dare them. LOL

My point is this. If there are people around you annoying you because they are low-level, use your traps or can't or maybe just don't talk to you, go to another realm. Why argue and call them "noobs" as though they have no right to go where they want to? What makes people decide who can be booted as someone suggested? They are paying players like anyone else!

When I was still just a wee little noobie, an upper level friend called for help. I, being the helpful friend I am port to him and he is in the Plaza of Conquests fighting Gurtok! I was scared and thought, why did he call ME here?

Needless to say I had a blast, although I personally CHOOSE not to go back until I was ready.

My point is this, have a little patiencs, or go to another realm. It is just as annoying to hear the constant whinning and name calling.

Iridian Talebringer
Grandmaster Balance

See ya at the Plaza with my "noobie" friends.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
i definitely agree! this is nuts- having all these level 3s just porting to me in the middle of a battle cause i don't have the courage to delete them. but, then again, we can turn off ports.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
I know how you feel. Once I set up several traps. and a level 5 joined and used a minor attack which was the monsters school. I think wizard 101 should only allow level 40-50 to be in dragonspyre.

Hunter Firetheif-level 50 fire

Explorer
Jun 26, 2009
I agree on all this. So I am in Plaza Of Conquests farming the bosses there and some level 22 kid joins the fight. They dont have text chat so they wont leave and they end up breaking my very needed myth traps with his cyclops!! This happened in Mooshu too. I was going to farm Crazed Forest Spirit with some friends to farm and one of their friends ports and he is only a level 13. He ends up killing the boss first before the minions making none of us get the crabling pet we wanted. Change this so only higher levels can port to Mooshu and Dragonspyre.

Sloan Windthistle Grandmaster Conjurer

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Wariorocks wrote:
I agree on all this. So I am in Plaza Of Conquests farming the bosses there and some level 22 kid joins the fight. They dont have text chat so they wont leave and they end up breaking my very needed myth traps with his cyclops!! This happened in Mooshu too. I was going to farm Crazed Forest Spirit with some friends to farm and one of their friends ports and he is only a level 13. He ends up killing the boss first before the minions making none of us get the crabling pet we wanted. Change this so only higher levels can port to Mooshu and Dragonspyre.

Sloan Windthistle Grandmaster Conjurer

Drops are totally RANDOM! Nothing anybody does causes something to be dropped or not dropped. You are lucky or you are not lucky.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Junebug838 wrote:
Hello, I've been farming there for the last few days, and there has been a massive increase in low level non-chatting players that ruin everybody's trap sets. Can you put some kind of minimum level cap to make sure this doesn't happen, or increase the threat on bosses? Low level players that can't communicate ruin the entire fight for us serious high level wizards.

Something that would be nice, is to have to first player in the fight (Sun) have the option to boot a player from the fight.

I totally agree! When I was just about to defeat an enemy with a little bit of my health left a NOVICE went into the battle and got me killed :x I tried to tell him to not go in, but he had menu chat. I'm really tired of novices, apprentices, and adepts hitching rides into worlds they don't belong in yet I agree with your "booting" idea :?
-Jen Jen (Kelly RubyEyes)
Lvl47 Master Life

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
cookie3210 wrote:
Junebug838 wrote:
Hello, I've been farming there for the last few days, and there has been a massive increase in low level non-chatting players that ruin everybody's trap sets. Can you put some kind of minimum level cap to make sure this doesn't happen, or increase the threat on bosses? Low level players that can't communicate ruin the entire fight for us serious high level wizards.

Something that would be nice, is to have to first player in the fight (Sun) have the option to boot a player from the fight.

I totally agree! When I was just about to defeat an enemy with a little bit of my health left a NOVICE went into the battle and got me killed :x I tried to tell him to not go in, but he had menu chat. I'm really tired of novices, apprentices, and adepts hitching rides into worlds they don't belong in yet I agree with your "booting" idea :?
-Jen Jen (Kelly RubyEyes)
Lvl47 Master Life

We just cant boot low levels out of the world. it would be unfair to the low levels. they just want to have fun. however they shouldnt be anywhere near dragonspyre. magus in dragonspyre i would accept. just not adept and down.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
I totally agree on this! One time I was fighting the Myth boss, forgot its name, and guess what was there? A level 13 PLAYER!!!!
And this level 16 player on Gurtok Demon did nothing but TROLLS AND CYCLOPSES! I think there should be a certain level when players cant port to Dragonspyre!

But until then, maybe switch the port off!

-brianna wildblood, lvl 45 pyromancer

Yeah. Why would noobs want to go to ds anyway. Don't they wanna level up. You should have to be like level 30 to port to ds or 35. When i was farming some noob ported to my friend. He took the feint off then fled!!!!!!!!!! For now i guess we have to turn off ports when we're farming. Please do something about this!!!!!!

David Stronghunter Grandmaster Pyromancer
Jordan Skullfist Level 43 Sorcer

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
I agree with the higher threat solution. I think they should rate your threat by how many levels you are below target and area. So if you have level tens running around, DS and they join a fight, that should be instant agro. Make them not want to be there. Another thing to, make it where they can't be healed or shielded.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2010
noyeh wrote:
Drifter69 wrote:
So many post on lowbies entering Dragonspyre. With all the post and feed back on this growing problem. KI needs to take action now, and end the madness.

I had to bust my butt to get to Dragonspyre, and the lowbies get a free pass, and take up boss spots, and use up our traps with wands? I am also suprised on the lowbies, and their sailor mouths. Do they kiss their mothers with that filthy mouth?(yes there are was around the chat to cus at people)

The point being, there is no reason these foul mouth, immature players should be in Dragonspyre in the first place. It should only be stricted for level 45+. HANDS DOWN. No loop holes at all to get in.

KI FIX THIS GROWING PROBLEM! I am a paid suscriber and crown buyer, us paid subscribers and crown buyers should not have to tolerate this mess.

PLEASE JUST FIX IT!

I disagree with the level 45 part because I completed and made my way into dragonspyre at 44. So it should be 40 and higher because it is possible to finish up mooshu at a lower level. But I say no lower than 40 because Dragonspyre is difficult.

Um the level 45 part is not good, I have made six toons to level 50, and a lot of then got to dragon spyre before level 45. Just make it a earned area. through quests.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Survivor
May 02, 2009
I hate when people have to work there butt off to get to places and then watch the slackers actually get there and act like THERE one of US. . Once i was in Celestia and i cried "I need help." Guess who came. A LEVEL TWO. He said I'll heal you. Me thinking since he a life wizard he'll prove good. He had to heal himself CONSTANTLY until storm lord came from a clawcutter. Me, since i was ALMOST done was mad all the noob said was " sorry." There was one time I was shooting for a hit point that was over 9000. x no internet meme intended x You can guess the rest of the story.
Low level comes and he is MENU chat and I say don't attack my target. Then he uses a spell far stronger then I've ever seen in my life...IMP!!!!!!!!!
He has couple of noob friends come and there like WOAH A 400 hit point spell. And one actually recorded it then I did my attack AFTER 22 ROUNDS OF TORTURE did a 50,000 to 70,000 hit point spell and they were like"HOLY MOLY x he didn't say moly if you know what I mean x HE STRONG!" They start spamming me with friendships then i ignore them then remove the friendship option. Then I get reported.

ALL IN ALL, I think that if KI adds something like _____ level _____ wants to join your battle do you accept. If it is in a group then it will be like a survey and which ever option get more votes will have happen. It will be reportable if people are "Boss Hogging"

QUOTE AND SUPPORT IF YOU AGREE

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
11128 wrote:
I hate when people have to work there butt off to get to places and then watch the slackers actually get there and act like THERE one of US. . Once i was in Celestia and i cried "I need help." Guess who came. A LEVEL TWO. He said I'll heal you. Me thinking since he a life wizard he'll prove good. He had to heal himself CONSTANTLY until storm lord came from a clawcutter. Me, since i was ALMOST done was mad all the noob said was " sorry." There was one time I was shooting for a hit point that was over 9000. x no internet meme intended x You can guess the rest of the story.
Low level comes and he is MENU chat and I say don't attack my target. Then he uses a spell far stronger then I've ever seen in my life...IMP!!!!!!!!!
He has couple of noob friends come and there like WOAH A 400 hit point spell. And one actually recorded it then I did my attack AFTER 22 ROUNDS OF TORTURE did a 50,000 to 70,000 hit point spell and they were like"HOLY MOLY x he didn't say moly if you know what I mean x HE STRONG!" They start spamming me with friendships then i ignore them then remove the friendship option. Then I get reported.

ALL IN ALL, I think that if KI adds something like _____ level _____ wants to join your battle do you accept. If it is in a group then it will be like a survey and which ever option get more votes will have happen. It will be reportable if people are "Boss Hogging"

QUOTE AND SUPPORT IF YOU AGREE

if these guys are like "wow 400 damage" then be like "if you think you are so good solo this boss."

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
ok i dont agree with the people saying that only 40 should be able to go in because i got into ds at 38. But the realm idea is a good one, props to who ever thought of it! :) :)

Cass Waterleaf 46 Ice

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
I don't have much bad stuff to say to low level players but whenever I go to WC all the new lv1s try to friend me

Survivor
May 28, 2010
jklpil wrote:
I think that the level limit to DragonSpyre should be levels 25+ so it cant be full of Noobs. So maybe You can try my level limit to keep this Noob problem down. Next time this happens even with a level limit look for a post like this. So don't come crying to KingIsle for it to be fixed. I really agree to this post. So if you like it please respond or anything that you do to respond. Well i hope this has been helpful. Cheeers!

Sestiva Sprite level 25 life adept.

have a nice day!

It seems you said a level limit like for levl 25 + are allowed to go in DS just because you are a level 25 wizard. I just noticed that and just telling ya that

Survivor
May 28, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
I got it! Here, i guess this is the level stuff:

To enter Krokotopia, level 10+

To enter Marleybone, level 20+

To enter Mooshu, level 30+

To enter Dragonspyre, level 40+

To enter Celestia, level 50+

Gh has already a level stuff: level 20.

But I entered Gh when I was level 13!

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
hp1055cm wrote:
Absolutely there should be minimum level required to even port to the higher worlds. Say minimum 25th level for Mooshu and 35th level for DS.

Or even better, if you don't have the spiral key for the world then you can't port to it - you don't have access to most of the quests and you probably can't survive on your own anyway.

And so what if you have a subscription, you still have to earn you way to Dragonspyre by questing. How does it violate the agreement by requiring people to quest their way to the top - and what about the people who are Level 40+ on subscription and don't want to deal with the leeches.

Amen. You should not be able to leave a world until you finish it. That would take care of that. I'm seeing wizards with 700 health and here I am with 3100. They alway need healing and have the nerve to try and direct the fight. HELLO! What is a level 15 doing trying to tell a level 55 what to do.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
Junebug838 wrote:

Im a level 35 and i just use my traps. So dont complain about me.