Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Level Non-chatters in Plaza of Conquest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2010
42
Junebug838 wrote:
Hello, I've been farming there for the last few days, and there has been a massive increase in low level non-chatting players that ruin everybody's trap sets. Can you put some kind of minimum level cap to make sure this doesn't happen, or increase the threat on bosses? Low level players that can't communicate ruin the entire fight for us serious high level wizards.

Something that would be nice, is to have to first player in the fight (Sun) have the option to boot a player from the fight.


I agree and disagree. I agree that low levels should not be in dragonspyre but It would be unfair to kick someone out of the battle. There are some people that would abuse that feature and kick out anybody even if they are grandmasters.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
94
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:


But I disagree because it violates their subscription if they are using one. The subscription gurarantees (sp?) that they can go anywhere for subscribing.

Sums it up right there. As long as there are topics on this, I will reply the same as always. I pay for my and my childrens subscription. I am willing to bet most people complaining are not actually paying for theirs, their parents are.

When I shell out my cash from my pocket, I should and will traverse anywhere I am able to. If that means farming Gurtok Demon for a spectre at level 10 then so be it.

I would not be opposed to an increased threat to low level characters, that would be an acceptable trade for entering area levels much higher then yourself.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
rubyb23 wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:


But I disagree because it violates their subscription if they are using one. The subscription gurarantees (sp?) that they can go anywhere for subscribing.

Sums it up right there. As long as there are topics on this, I will reply the same as always. I pay for my and my childrens subscription. I am willing to bet most people complaining are not actually paying for theirs, their parents are.

When I shell out my cash from my pocket, I should and will traverse anywhere I am able to. If that means farming Gurtok Demon for a spectre at level 10 then so be it.

I would not be opposed to an increased threat to low level characters, that would be an acceptable trade for entering area levels much higher then yourself.


You are both wrong. Being a subscriber does not guarantee you unrestrained access . It only allows you to traverse certain premium content once you have attained the necessary quest progression/spiral keys. Wizards who do meet these requirements,simply do not belong there. People who try to get around this by porting to friends, are simply circumventing the rules. Do to all the chaos and problems this has been causing, I suspect KI is working on a solution,especially since the admin posts from them seem to echo this sentiment.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
31
rubyb23 wrote:

Sums it up right there. As long as there are topics on this, I will reply the same as always. I pay for my and my childrens subscription. I am willing to bet most people complaining are not actually paying for theirs, their parents are.

When I shell out my cash from my pocket, I should and will traverse anywhere I am able to. If that means farming Gurtok Demon for a spectre at level 10 then so be it.

I would not be opposed to an increased threat to low level characters, that would be an acceptable trade for entering area levels much higher then yourself.


I so disagree with you. I pay for my own account and I hate when I see lvl 10s in DS. It's a huge pet peeve. Level requirements should be... well... a requirement. Awe, but I wanna go beat Orrick in Briskbreeze tower at lvl 1!!! No way! These level requirements are used for a reason, and they are very appreciated.

I'm "assuming" that you're "assuming" that the people complaining are not paying for their own accounts.

Why would a level 10 want to farm gutork demon anyway? Wand him to death?

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
94
@Pyrsik
Straight from the pricing page: https://www.wizard101.com/game/areapricing
Subscriber Benefits
Subscribers have access to all areas of the game, plus these bonuses:


Show me in the rules where it says people cannot play in an area unless unlocked?

@Hafian
I am not saying everyone in this thread does not pay for their own subscription, but several people I have come across in DS have not, and I am sure several complaining here do not either.

Point is, people pay money and are allowed access to play wherever.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
258
i have an idea for noobs who come into tought fights in the street. just let the required amount of enemies join then flee to let them deal with it. its not nice i know. but if your the kind who cant stand seeing them get items and stuff they didnt really earn this might help a little bit.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
4
it doesnt matter if there non text chatters. there parents just dont think its safe. just try using the regular chat for once and tell them something. you can live with it

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
@Pyrsik
Straight from the pricing page: https://www.wizard101.com/game/areapricing
Subscriber Benefits
Subscribers have access to all areas of the game, plus these bonuses:


You have gotten it wrong. You do have access,just not unrestricted access.Those certain areas are only unlocked and accessible to you via quest progression/spiral keys. If you need more clarification,why not give the people at KI a simple call and talk to them about it? You would find that just as i and others have tried to explain,you do not have unrestricted access . Your access is only granted through the aforementioned of my post. I called them,why don't you? It's obvious you are not going to let facts or anything else dissuade you from your mindset,so call them. Perhaps when you here them say it verbally,you might change your mind.


Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
Grands pay for Subs too. So what people are saying it is okay at any level to go to where ever they want because the pay for subs?

The problem of this is Grands are farming bosses to be attuned to get their 50+ gear to prepair themselves for Celestia's content.

If a low level takes up a spot on the boss that the grand needs to farm for his 50+ gear, then the Grand now has to wait for the spot to open on a game he/she has a sub for as well?

The game revolves around being attunded to unlock a new world. Vie: by the Spiral Key. By doing all the quests to get to a new world. So it is ok for lowbies to skip every thing in the game, just because they pay a sub? Which is against the Terms of Service Agreement people have to click yes to download the game. Otherwise the game will not Download AT ALL if you clicked no.

It is called Exploiting the game design that was created. No one has the right to Exploit the game design, just because they pay a Sub. You clicked yes on the agreement before downloading W101. Therefore you agreed not to Exploit the game design in anyway, shape, or form, by clicking yes.

If you Exploit the game, to port to the higher level worlds. you are disagreeing with the Terms Of Service Agreement (TOS ) that you, as the player, agreed with. It does not give people any right to go against the TOS just because they pay a sub.

Disagreeing with the TOS is against rules, that the game designer has to follow for their game to go live. Not rules for the players, but rules that the designers have to follow. Tis why there are agreements in the first place. it is a BIG DEAL if you violate these set rules. That game devolpers pay big money to make games go live, you violate the rules that you agreed to before the download. KI can get in major trouble with their game. Which could lead to KI getting massive fines, that they have to pay from their pockets. Which in turn could make KI go bankrupt. So no more W101 at all.

You violate the TOS rules, you violate KingsIsle entertainment, which can get KI into some big trouble. So in closing, by being a paid subscriber, it gives you no right to Exploit the game, and go against the TOS agreement, that you agreed to before even downloading W101.

So as one person stated, "where in the game rules, does it say, you have to unlock the worlds to get there in the first place."

how about you read the Terms of Service agreement first before posting stuff like that. Porting to another world is considered EXPLOITING the game design if you are not the proper level or attuned to unlock the world.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
262
Drifter69 wrote:
Grands pay for Subs too. So what people are saying it is okay at any level to go to where ever they want because the pay for subs?

The problem of this is Grands are farming bosses to be attuned to get their 50+ gear to prepair themselves for Celestia's content.

If a low level takes up a spot on the boss that the grand needs to farm for his 50+ gear, then the Grand now has to wait for the spot to open on a game he/she has a sub for as well?

The game revolves around being attunded to unlock a new world. Vie: by the Spiral Key. By doing all the quests to get to a new world. So it is ok for lowbies to skip every thing in the game, just because they pay a sub? Which is against the Terms of Service Agreement people have to click yes to download the game. Otherwise the game will not Download AT ALL if you clicked no.

It is called Exploiting the game design that was created. No one has the right to Exploit the game design, just because they pay a Sub. You clicked yes on the agreement before downloading W101. Therefore you agreed not to Exploit the game design in anyway, shape, or form, by clicking yes.

If you Exploit the game, to port to the higher level worlds. you are disagreeing with the Terms Of Service Agreement (TOS ) that you, as the player, agreed with. It does not give people any right to go against the TOS just because they pay a sub.

Disagreeing with the TOS is against rules, that the game designer has to follow for their game to go live. Not rules for the players, but rules that the designers have to follow. Tis why there are agreements in the first place. it is a BIG DEAL if you violate these set rules. That game devolpers pay big money to make games go live, you violate the rules that you agreed to before the download. KI can get in major trouble with their game. Which could lead to KI getting massive fines, that they have to pay from their pockets. Which in turn could make KI go bankrupt. So no more W101 at all.

You violate the TOS rules, you violate KingsIsle entertainment, which can get KI into some big trouble. So in closing, by being a paid subscriber, it gives you no right to Exploit the game, and go against the TOS agreement, that you agreed to before even downloading W101.

So as one person stated, "where in the game rules, does it say, you have to unlock the worlds to get there in the first place."

how about you read the Terms of Service agreement first before posting stuff like that. Porting to another world is considered EXPLOITING the game design if you are not the proper level or attuned to unlock the world.


Sorry you are wrong.

From the players manual on the Wizard101 website.

Getting Around - Teleporting to Friends
When you select a friend from your Friends list, one of the options is to "Go to Location".

This means you can teleport to your friend, but be careful, your friend may be in a high level area that you are not prepared for! It's always nice to ask your friend first if you can teleport to them.

Futhermore this is from Gamma.

Gamma
Administrator

A Subscription buys you Time in the game. During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that you have earned access to through the progression of quests. You can also teleport to friends in any area of the Spiral while you are a Subscriber. Subscribers will never be prompted to make an additional purchase of an area. Once your subscription expires, you can no longer access those areas, and are restricted to the Free to Play areas of Wizard101.

KI has allowed us the right to play the game how we want. They have given us tools to control many things. They can't force us to use the tools or control player behavior.

I use realm hopping frequently when I am farming. Eventually I find an empty spot and farm away.

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer


Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
31
Drifter69 wrote:
Grands pay for Subs too. So what people are saying it is okay at any level to go to where ever they want because the pay for subs?

The problem of this is Grands are farming bosses to be attuned to get their 50+ gear to prepair themselves for Celestia's content.

If a low level takes up a spot on the boss that the grand needs to farm for his 50+ gear, then the Grand now has to wait for the spot to open on a game he/she has a sub for as well?

The game revolves around being attunded to unlock a new world. Vie: by the Spiral Key. By doing all the quests to get to a new world. So it is ok for lowbies to skip every thing in the game, just because they pay a sub? Which is against the Terms of Service Agreement people have to click yes to download the game. Otherwise the game will not Download AT ALL if you clicked no.

It is called Exploiting the game design that was created. No one has the right to Exploit the game design, just because they pay a Sub. You clicked yes on the agreement before downloading W101. Therefore you agreed not to Exploit the game design in anyway, shape, or form, by clicking yes.

If you Exploit the game, to port to the higher level worlds. you are disagreeing with the Terms Of Service Agreement (TOS ) that you, as the player, agreed with. It does not give people any right to go against the TOS just because they pay a sub.

Disagreeing with the TOS is against rules, that the game designer has to follow for their game to go live. Not rules for the players, but rules that the designers have to follow. Tis why there are agreements in the first place. it is a BIG DEAL if you violate these set rules. That game devolpers pay big money to make games go live, you violate the rules that you agreed to before the download. KI can get in major trouble with their game. Which could lead to KI getting massive fines, that they have to pay from their pockets. Which in turn could make KI go bankrupt. So no more W101 at all.

You violate the TOS rules, you violate KingsIsle entertainment, which can get KI into some big trouble. So in closing, by being a paid subscriber, it gives you no right to Exploit the game, and go against the TOS agreement, that you agreed to before even downloading W101.

So as one person stated, "where in the game rules, does it say, you have to unlock the worlds to get there in the first place."

how about you read the Terms of Service agreement first before posting stuff like that. Porting to another world is considered EXPLOITING the game design if you are not the proper level or attuned to unlock the world.


This is the most amazing quote in this entire thread. Amen. No arguments whatsoever. Thanks.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
I forgot to add that it could take away a player and a customer of KI if this ever happens.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
94
Firstly I stated already that some do not directly pay for their subs, their parents do. Not all Grandmasters pay for their own, so do not place it like it was stated like that. Some people spend a few months on a game, some people bust their butt in the real world to pay for their family.

How is it an exploit and breach of the TOS to port to a friend in DS? Firefan02 quoted directly from the guide. You are assuming it is some breach of TOS to port to higher level places.

Let me ask you this then. Should it be alright for Gransmasters or those who complete areas to go back and take slot up for low level characters? I cant count the number of times I have seen GM and those of high level in battles in places like Krokotopia and Marleybone. They completed that area but are taking up slots for people on quests. I would like to hear your take on that.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
262
rubyb23 wrote:
Firstly I stated already that some do not directly pay for their subs, their parents do. Not all Grandmasters pay for their own, so do not place it like it was stated like that. Some people spend a few months on a game, some people bust their butt in the real world to pay for their family.

How is it an exploit and breach of the TOS to port to a friend in DS? Firefan02 quoted directly from the guide. You are assuming it is some breach of TOS to port to higher level places.

Let me ask you this then. Should it be alright for Gransmasters or those who complete areas to go back and take slot up for low level characters? I cant count the number of times I have seen GM and those of high level in battles in places like Krokotopia and Marleybone. They completed that area but are taking up slots for people on quests. I would like to hear your take on that.


Rubyb23-oops! I am guilty of that. I farm bosses in lower level areas. I help out people if they need it while I am doing it. If the boss is busy I realm hop. I don't want to stop somebody else from progressing in the game. I also go help lower level friends when they need it. Porting is a two way street up and down.

I find this whole discussion a fascinating trip into human psychology and behavior. KI has built a WONDERFULLY fun game. They have given use tools to control many aspects of it. They have given us many ways to play it. But, sadly they CANNOT control our behavior when we play or make us use the tools provided. Only we can do that.

More rules would mess up a lot of the freedom in the game and in my opinion make the game less fun. I thoroughly enjoyed going new places and seeing hints of what was to come with my Life wizard. Why should the majority of the players suffer for a few immature rude people? I realize in real life this is what happens. But, here you get a do over and nothing bad is permanent.

I hope if KI changes something it gives us more control. Perhaps the first person in the battle could accept others to join them or have people porting to friend land in a safe location nearby. I've had people port to me and realize they are in over their heads and leave. A safe location landing would save me having an extra bad guy to deal with. Another idea is have porting off by default. I did not even know I could turn it off until a friend told me how.

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbring Grandmaster Sorcerer


Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
noyeh wrote:
Actually it would work because when you go to fight bosses , you can go back in but alone. If I can beat stuff so can everyone else and I am not all that good either. This way when you want someone to join you fine. But when you are out in the open and want to fight alone you don't have a pest bugging you either or coming in to just piggy back to gain the points. I have had plenty of piggy backers. And honestly it is distressing because sometimes I am almost done but low on points. knowing another blow can kill me as I am about to take out the last creature.

I don't mind sometimes someone joining in. I think this feature would cause people to be forced to be polite. And I see nothing wrong with this or violating anything. They can go over to the next circle and dual on their own. You can't hog a boss that is in private because all they have to do is reenter but they would be alone then.

So I don't see how anyone can hog anything. What they do is ask that person if they may help them. I don't mind helping people as long as I can get what I need to get done first or when I am not busy. I would gladly help. But when I want to solo alone I see no issue with having this feature. I was in a game that had this feature and it worked rather well. Not only did the upper levels help the newbies but the upper levels were able to get what they needed to get done when they wanted to solo.


Yes, but in the plaza of conquests, the bosses are public. Just four crystals that anyone can activate, and once you start a battle anyone can join in. I had one time that someone came in and kept taking down my traps using wand attacks. To make matters worse, since they were such small attacks, they didn't distract the boss, and I kept getting attacked. When I asked them to stop, they laughed and then fled away. I came very close to dying in that battle, and I only survived with a little luck and a couple of enemy fizzles. Needless to say, I was not amused, but since they weren't even on my friends list, I couldn't even boot them off of that to make myself feel better. Personally, I'd love the idea of a join approval option, but in places like this someone could hog the boss, forcing players to have to constantly bounce around realms to find one where they could fight the boss.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
Hafian wrote:
Just make realms with level requirements. Doesn't violate their policy because the low levels can go any where in the game, just not to certain realms. However there are those lvl 50 noobs that are fun to watch.

How they got to level 50 is still a wonder to me.


In many cases, it's pretty simple. They got some higher level wizards to add them to their friends list, and then they keep asking them for help. If they have enough of them on their list, they can probably get overpowered help to get them through most levels. If you have a friend with storm lord, fire dragon, or scarecrow with you in Marleybone or Mooshu, things get really easy real quick.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
fces1 wrote:
Thats surely is annoying! Everyone should be aloud to have text chat though! Without parents approval! It should only be open chat that you need a parent's approval because of the deaconry!


I know I'm definitely less likely to accept a friend request from someone that doesn't have text chat. I'm not trying to be rude, and I'm not biased against younger players (some are extremely good) but it makes it very difficult to complete quests and fight bosses if you can't communicate well, and the menu chat options don't cover a lot of issues.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
Firefan02 wrote:
Drifter69 wrote:
Grands pay for Subs too. So what people are saying it is okay at any level to go to where ever they want because the pay for subs?

The problem of this is Grands are farming bosses to be attuned to get their 50+ gear to prepair themselves for Celestia's content.

If a low level takes up a spot on the boss that the grand needs to farm for his 50+ gear, then the Grand now has to wait for the spot to open on a game he/she has a sub for as well?

The game revolves around being attunded to unlock a new world. Vie: by the Spiral Key. By doing all the quests to get to a new world. So it is ok for lowbies to skip every thing in the game, just because they pay a sub? Which is against the Terms of Service Agreement people have to click yes to download the game. Otherwise the game will not Download AT ALL if you clicked no.

It is called Exploiting the game design that was created. No one has the right to Exploit the game design, just because they pay a Sub. You clicked yes on the agreement before downloading W101. Therefore you agreed not to Exploit the game design in anyway, shape, or form, by clicking yes.

If you Exploit the game, to port to the higher level worlds. you are disagreeing with the Terms Of Service Agreement (TOS ) that you, as the player, agreed with. It does not give people any right to go against the TOS just because they pay a sub.

Disagreeing with the TOS is against rules, that the game designer has to follow for their game to go live. Not rules for the players, but rules that the designers have to follow. Tis why there are agreements in the first place. it is a BIG DEAL if you violate these set rules. That game devolpers pay big money to make games go live, you violate the rules that you agreed to before the download. KI can get in major trouble with their game. Which could lead to KI getting massive fines, that they have to pay from their pockets. Which in turn could make KI go bankrupt. So no more W101 at all.

You violate the TOS rules, you violate KingsIsle entertainment, which can get KI into some big trouble. So in closing, by being a paid subscriber, it gives you no right to Exploit the game, and go against the TOS agreement, that you agreed to before even downloading W101.

So as one person stated, "where in the game rules, does it say, you have to unlock the worlds to get there in the first place."

how about you read the Terms of Service agreement first before posting stuff like that. Porting to another world is considered EXPLOITING the game design if you are not the proper level or attuned to unlock the world.


Sorry you are wrong.

From the players manual on the Wizard101 website.

Getting Around - Teleporting to Friends
When you select a friend from your Friends list, one of the options is to "Go to Location".

This means you can teleport to your friend, but be careful, your friend may be in a high level area that you are not prepared for! It's always nice to ask your friend first if you can teleport to them.

Futhermore this is from Gamma.

Gamma
Administrator

A Subscription buys you Time in the game. During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that you have earned access to through the progression of quests. You can also teleport to friends in any area of the Spiral while you are a Subscriber. Subscribers will never be prompted to make an additional purchase of an area. Once your subscription expires, you can no longer access those areas, and are restricted to the Free to Play areas of Wizard101.

KI has allowed us the right to play the game how we want. They have given us tools to control many things. They can't force us to use the tools or control player behavior.

I use realm hopping frequently when I am farming. Eventually I find an empty spot and farm away.

Megan Frostriver Grandmaster Theurgist
Megan Frostbringer Grandmaster Sorcerer



I think the simplest and best solution was mentioned earlier. There are a number of realms that we can hop to. Why not simply have level restrictions on a small number of these realms? That way, lower level paying wizards can port to their friends no matter where they are (assuming they don't go to a restricted realm for a little break from lower level wizards porting to them). They lose nothing in the deal, and still have all the access they want. Higher level wizards who don't want to deal with the lower level wizards can move to one of those realms and not have to deal with the lower level wizards. Lower level wizards lose nothing. Higher level wizards gain piece of mind and avoid aggravation. Everyone wins.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
26
I may not be a grandmaster but I want to put my 2 cents in on this. I am only a level 22 diviner but I do go to Dragonspyre to farm them bosses and sell their drops so I can have some gold. I do not attack unless I know it will not mess up grandmasters traps. What I do is when I got to Dragonspyre I adjust my deck so I have all my prisms, traps, shields, and healing spells in my deck and almost no attacking spells. Then I work to heal the other members in the battle and cast traps to help them ect. At one point I was in a battle with 2 grandmasters and another one joined the battle after me. He was a Grandmaster Diviner. I used a bunch of spells that boosted the power of his storm spells. He ended up dishing out massive damage but he took a lot to so I healed him so he could continue fighting.

Would you hate to have me in the fight with you? Me at my low level? I may not be a chatter but I can say the basic things like "I can heal you" what else do you need?

I dislike the idea of being able to boot people from the battle. There would be people who would abuse it. Why dont you just unfriend your lower level friends and play in almost empty realms so there are a lot of other people's low level friends wandering around.

It is the game. Get over it.

Blaze DragonCaller Level 22 Adept Diviner

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
tefler wrote:
I may not be a grandmaster but I want to put my 2 cents in on this. I am only a level 22 diviner but I do go to Dragonspyre to farm them bosses and sell their drops so I can have some gold. I do not attack unless I know it will not mess up grandmasters traps. What I do is when I got to Dragonspyre I adjust my deck so I have all my prisms, traps, shields, and healing spells in my deck and almost no attacking spells. Then I work to heal the other members in the battle and cast traps to help them ect. At one point I was in a battle with 2 grandmasters and another one joined the battle after me. He was a Grandmaster Diviner. I used a bunch of spells that boosted the power of his storm spells. He ended up dishing out massive damage but he took a lot to so I healed him so he could continue fighting.

Would you hate to have me in the fight with you? Me at my low level? I may not be a chatter but I can say the basic things like "I can heal you" what else do you need?

I dislike the idea of being able to boot people from the battle. There would be people who would abuse it. Why dont you just unfriend your lower level friends and play in almost empty realms so there are a lot of other people's low level friends wandering around.

It is the game. Get over it.

Blaze DragonCaller Level 22 Adept Diviner


Tefler, I can only speak for myself (though I'm sure this probably goes for many others as well), but I'd certainly have no problem with a wizard like you joining in the battle. Heck, if you played the way you say you do I'd probably add you to my friends list and be willing to help you out on quests from time to time. The reason you see so many high level wizards complaining about the issue is that there's enough lower level wizards out there that jump in to big battles and don't play it the right way or keep bugging them about things. If the lower level wizards that come to DS all acted the way you described how you play there, I doubt you'd see too many complaints. In fact, if there were enough room in the battle they'd probably love having them along. Not to sound insulting to lower level wizards, but it'd be like having a particularly useful minion that you didn't have to spend pips to summon, and that you could ask not to attack at certain times. Kind of like a suped up helpful mander. I hope you don't take that last part as an insult, just the best analogy I can think of.

Sincerely,
Steven Wyrmbane, Grandmaster Sorcerer
Steven Spiritblade, Grandmaster Theurgist
Steven Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer
Steven Frostblade, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
Steven Firebrand, Grandmaster Pyromancer
Steven Stormrider, Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
26
thanks stanklepot I do play like that in DS. I may not in krokotopia or grizzelheim but i understand the need to help in battle. I just hope to get the satyr spell pretty soon so i can help a small bit more. I guess the thing is there is almost nothing you can do about people coming in and messing up your traps i mean it is the game

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
Quote from the person who disagrees with me. *Cough Firefan02 *Cough

During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that YOU HAVE EARNED ACCESS to through the PROGRESSION OF QUESTS. as you bluntly stated in your post its from Gamma.

earned access through progression of quests? Hmmm, lets think about this quote for a sec. Porting is not earning access through quest. its called EXPLOITING the game to reach DS.

It's always nice to ASK your friend first if you can teleport to them.

This will never happen. If kids have the right to use the port tool, they will use it with out asking. I never had anybody ask to port to me they just did. Not asking to port, is a oneway ticket to a delete on friends list. IMHO

Tis why their needs to be a level lock for DS, and Celestia. If one has the keys, then one earned the right for the zones, regardless of having a Sub or not.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
262
Drifter69 wrote:
Quote from the person who disagrees with me. *Cough Firefan02 *Cough

During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that YOU HAVE EARNED ACCESS to through the PROGRESSION OF QUESTS. as you bluntly stated in your post its from Gamma.

earned access through progression of quests? Hmmm, lets think about this quote for a sec. Porting is not earning access through quest. its called EXPLOITING the game to reach DS.

It's always nice to ASK your friend first if you can teleport to them.

This will never happen. If kids have the right to use the port tool, they will use it with out asking. I never had anybody ask to port to me they just did. Not asking to port, is a oneway ticket to a delete on friends list. IMHO

Tis why their needs to be a level lock for DS, and Celestia. If one has the keys, then one earned the right for the zones, regardless of having a Sub or not.


Hey Drifter69 ,
I agree (yes i do) with you on how you PROGRESS through the game. It has indeed been clearly stated. You "earn" the right to progress through the game not port to higher levels and help friends.

I disagree agree with you on level caps and porting being exploiting the game. Because of what the players manual says.

"Getting Around - Teleporting to Friends
When you select a friend from your Friends list, one of the options is to "Go to Location".

This means you can teleport to your friend, but be careful, your friend may be in a high level area that you are not prepared for! It's always nice to ask your friend first if you can teleport to them."

This is from Gamma also.

"A Subscription buys you Time in the game. During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that you have earned access to through the progression of quests. You can also teleport to friends in any area of the Spiral while you are a Subscriber. Subscribers will never be prompted to make an additional purchase of an area. Once your subscription expires, you can no longer access those areas, and are restricted to the Free to Play areas of Wizard101.

They OBVIOUSLY know about the ability to port into higher level worlds. They programmed it into the game and talked about it in the players manual and the following post from Gamma. It is NOT against "the rules". NOWHERE does it say you have to be a certain level to do it.

They cannot control our behavior in the game. They have given us the ability to control who ports to us,who friends us and many other things. We choose to use the controls or not. I cannot control your settings and you cannot control mine. We have to learn to DEAL with others choices. If one area is to busy or someone is bugging you realm hop.

KI has done a MARVELOUS job creating a richly complex and fun game.


Historian
May 28, 2009
653
I got it! Here, i guess this is the level stuff:

To enter Krokotopia, level 10+

To enter Marleybone, level 20+

To enter Mooshu, level 30+

To enter Dragonspyre, level 40+

To enter Celestia, level 50+

Gh has already a level stuff: level 20.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
Drifter69 wrote:
During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that YOU HAVE EARNED ACCESS to through the PROGRESSION OF QUESTS. as you bluntly stated in your post its from Gamma.

earned access through progression of quests? Hmmm, lets think about this quote for a sec. Porting is not earning access through quest. its called EXPLOITING the game to reach DS.


You do realize that the very next sentence that followed the one you quoted above specifically states that you can teleports to friends in any area of the Spiral while you are a subscriber.

While most of the things you have said about the ToS are true, there is one huge exception: you are the one stating that porting to a world you haven't unlocked is an exploit.

There is nothing in the rules or the manual stating that this is either an exploit, or a violation of the agreement. As a matter of fact, KI and their employees have stated the exact opposite.

to rubyb23: Why does it matter so much to you who paid for the subscription of the game? Does the wizard who parents paid for the subscription have less rights than you do?