Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Level Non-chatters in Plaza of Conquest

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
223
Drifter69 wrote:
So many post on lowbies entering Dragonspyre. With all the post and feed back on this growing problem. KI needs to take action now, and end the madness.

I had to bust my butt to get to Dragonspyre, and the lowbies get a free pass, and take up boss spots, and use up our traps with wands? I am also suprised on the lowbies, and their sailor mouths. Do they kiss their mothers with that filthy mouth?(yes there are was around the chat to cus at people)

The point being, there is no reason these foul mouth, immature players should be in Dragonspyre in the first place. It should only be stricted for level 45+. HANDS DOWN. No loop holes at all to get in.

KI FIX THIS GROWING PROBLEM! I am a paid suscriber and crown buyer, us paid subscribers and crown buyers should not have to tolerate this mess.

PLEASE JUST FIX IT!


I disagree with the level 45 part because I completed and made my way into dragonspyre at 44. So it should be 40 and higher because it is possible to finish up mooshu at a lower level. But I say no lower than 40 because Dragonspyre is difficult.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
15
I would love to see realms with level limits. It's tiring and painful to deal with these lower levels that join boss battles. Yes, some of them are good for blading and trapping, but not the majority that just random join your battles, use your traps, die, and sit there and cry "I need healing."

These are not my friends, they're not people I allowed to port to me. I prefer to do things solo, or at most with one other close friend (Yes, even the spyre). My storm grand has a total of 12 friends, and I am not going to start adding random people.

I'm sure we can all remember a time when we wanted to port to our higher level friends just to see what the worlds were like, I don't know about you guys, but I never did.

I would love to see a fix to this problem.

~Scarlet StormEyes GrandMaster Necromancr
~Scarlet StormRider GrandMaster Diviner

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
6
I completely agree with all of you that the low level intereference at higher levels is annoying, distracting, and takes from the game. KingsIsle uses the excuse that it would violate subscription rules. That is a cop out. So what is the purpose of working up the levels. nothing if anyone can go there. And why do they need to piggy back on a friend. They should have free access to go anywhere they want. These leeches dont earn anything and thats the annoying part. I tell all my friends clear your friends lists of all players under lvl 50 for Celestia. Cause if I catch a low level interfering in my gameplay I will go off on them. Going down to the lower levels and helping is good and I enjoy the leisure break and get to play with my lo level spells. I doubt they post this message. But that is just the facts of the matter. Kings Isle wont do anything about them and will burden us with them until we all decide to find a new game to play. You know what should happen. If a low level player piggy backs in with a high level player. They should have to follow close behind the high level that got them in their. Lets see how many low level players would get in then. And if the low level died. The high level should have to suffer a consequince for putting them in danger.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
77
Simple fact is the only logical way to do this is if you can not get in on your own to a realm you should not be able to port there. The agreement says you have access, but fact is there is brisk breeze for one where you can not enter tell your grandmaster and no you can not port in there. This in fact shows that there is nothing stopping KI from putting in limitations on access such as level. If you want to go by story there is the warehouse which is limited access by having to have gone through entire main quest line and then the side quest and there is no porting there either.

Explorer
Jun 21, 2009
57
Well I don't really agree with the level cap because of all the worlds I got the spiral key when I wasn't really close to where I was supposed to be. Like when I got to mushu I was level 28 and when I got to dragon spyre I was 39. I agree more with the spiral key or if you have a quest to go there. It does happen to me when I am farming bosses a boss with my frieds and a low level ports. But maybe making a realm for low levels who wants to go to a world they are not suposed to. That might solve some problems. Because I understand that you could just be walking around and some low level tries to add you so you can take them some where or gift them something.it can get annoying but remember that you can just switch realms if ki made it where you can boot people out of battle people might use it for selfish reasons

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
24
Drifter69 wrote:
So many post on lowbies entering Dragonspyre. With all the post and feed back on this growing problem. KI needs to take action now, and end the madness.

I had to bust my butt to get to Dragonspyre, and the lowbies get a free pass, and take up boss spots, and use up our traps with wands? I am also suprised on the lowbies, and their sailor mouths. Do they kiss their mothers with that filthy mouth?(yes there are was around the chat to cus at people)

The point being, there is no reason these foul mouth, immature players should be in Dragonspyre in the first place. It should only be stricted for level 45+. HANDS DOWN. No loop holes at all to get in.

KI FIX THIS GROWING PROBLEM! I am a paid suscriber and crown buyer, us paid subscribers and crown buyers should not have to tolerate this mess.

PLEASE JUST FIX IT!


Why don't you make it to where they can only teleport to you if you ask them to.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
There are so many good posts on this problem,and yet KI continues to ignore it. It's almost like they are trying to get subscribers to leave. They won't even give us the decency of replying to it. How can any company ignore the ones who who enable it survive? It's really insulting.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
18
I agree with FiredragonXX that level cap is not the answer. I did see a post that suggested needing a spiral key for the area you are porting to. That sounds like a really good solution to me.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
119
here's an idea. ghost anyone that doesn't have a spiral key. that way they cannot do anything but sight-see. the side quests are open to anyone at any level and if they can jump in your fight and pass, they get exp and loot and numbers towards their badges.
if your friends request is turned off, you should not have anyone requesting. most menuchat people i help say ok when i text sorry, i can't.
the white bubble people and adult chat people do not take no for an answer, they want you to remove your friends so you can add them.
i like the ignored list, when someone becomes unbearable, click on them and put them on the ignore list. you see them talking but don't see the text. or you could just tell them you put them on it and still see their text. funny responses from them.
*** ghost is when you finish a fight and no harm can happen to you.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
119
here is another idea that may be acceptable to all, if you do not possess a spiral key you cannot collect drops, pets, gold or reagents. think that will stop the migration to ds or any upper world for the lower levels?
i see now that if you are not questing malistaire, you will not get the savior of the spiral badge.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
Igloogirl3 wrote:
I totally agree on this! One time I was fighting the Myth boss, forgot its name, and guess what was there? A level 13 PLAYER!!!!
And this level 16 player on Gurtok Demon did nothing but TROLLS AND CYCLOPSES! I think there should be a certain level when players cant port to Dragonspyre!

But until then, maybe switch the port off!

-brianna wildblood, lvl 45 pyromancer


The name of myth boss is Karuvian Scargiver. And how pathetic of a player only using Troll and Cyclops it is pretty weak even with boosts.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
I agree and disagree:

I agree because of the fact that they should stay in their world.

But I disagree because it violates their subscription if they are using one. The subscription gurarantees (sp?) that they can go anywhere for subscribing.

Solution?

Increase the threat rate for lower levels. (NOTE: this is NOT my solution, this was made by another person.)

Example:

-A grandmaster Myth, Life and Fire are fighting sea lord.

-A lvl 18 balance wizard comes in.

-The sea lord's threat will increase and will automatically defeat the low level.

The threat rate depends on how low their level is for their world. So the lower the level, the more offensive the enemy will get.


Definetly agreed. If the grands heal the low level person it the boss will cheat and automatically use Orthrus on the low level and it will do 250 then 1,750. This will happen to players level 39 and down. And then the threat will stop when the low level flees or gets defeated.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
jklpil wrote:
I think that the level limit to DragonSpyre should be levels 25+ so it cant be full of Noobs. So maybe You can try my level limit to keep this Noob problem down. Next time this happens even with a level limit look for a post like this. So don't come crying to KingIsle for it to be fixed. I really agree to this post. So if you like it please respond or anything that you do to respond. Well i hope this has been helpful. Cheeers!





Sestiva Sprite level 25 life adept.



have a nice day!


You are just trying to get into this world. Stop it there should be a level 42+ only so low levels don't waste traps. A noob came in a battle once and he was a level 16 storm. All he would do is use Lightning Bats and Thunder Snake. I am really mad. So when the battle ends, this guy requests me as a friend. HECK NO! HE RUINED THE BATTLE! THE BOSS WAS LOW ON HEALTH! SO WAS I BUT I COULD OF FINISHED THE BOSS WITHOUT HIM!

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
Drifter69 wrote:
So many post on lowbies entering Dragonspyre. With all the post and feed back on this growing problem. KI needs to take action now, and end the madness.

I had to bust my butt to get to Dragonspyre, and the lowbies get a free pass, and take up boss spots, and use up our traps with wands? I am also suprised on the lowbies, and their sailor mouths. Do they kiss their mothers with that filthy mouth?(yes there are was around the chat to cus at people)

The point being, there is no reason these foul mouth, immature players should be in Dragonspyre in the first place. It should only be stricted for level 45+. HANDS DOWN. No loop holes at all to get in.

KI FIX THIS GROWING PROBLEM! I am a paid suscriber and crown buyer, us paid subscribers and crown buyers should not have to tolerate this mess.

PLEASE JUST FIX IT!


It is better off for levels 40+ because some people think side quests are so it is better off like that. Here should be the cap levels for worlds.

WC: Any level
KT: Level 10+
MB: Level 22+
MS: Level 33+
DS: Level 40+

This is much better because we cannot have low levels waste our traps. I am going against people with too low level that are going into DS.

Anthony Redflame Grand Death

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
zorrow2008 wrote:
I have an idea....



Maybe delete all the low level friends in your friends list and dont have any online to come and bother high level players


What if some are low levels because they have no crowns or suscription. My real life friend doesn't so should I delete him? No! So this we can all disagree on. Maybe you can just turn off teleports.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
33
fourmyant wrote:
zorrow2008 wrote:
I have an idea....



Maybe delete all the low level friends in your friends list and dont have any online to come and bother high level players


What if some are low levels because they have no crowns or suscription. My real life friend doesn't so should I delete him? No! So this we can all disagree on. Maybe you can just turn off teleports.


If your friend doesn't have a subscription, he shouldn't be ANYWHERE other than Wizard City. Besides, free players can still be lv 50, just takes a lifetime.


About violating subscriptions, blocking low levels doesn't because although a subscription gives you access to all areas, it doesn't say IMMEDIATE access. They can go there, they just have to EARN it.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
28
35437 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
I totally agree on this! One time I was fighting the Myth boss, forgot its name, and guess what was there? A level 13 PLAYER!!!!
And this level 16 player on Gurtok Demon did nothing but TROLLS AND CYCLOPSES! I think there should be a certain level when players cant port to Dragonspyre!

But until then, maybe switch the port off!

-brianna wildblood, lvl 45 pyromancer


I so agree! i spend like a half an hour trapping just to be taken away by a stinking wand spell! and its not just the grand chasam its every where! i see lvl 10s asking for someone totake them to malistare and i try and help them but they dont listen to me when i say you need three ppl or it harder than it looks! :x
Level 10 going to Malistaire just isn't right. lol. I'm Level 26 or 27 (I forget but it's one of those two) and I KNOW I'm not ready to fight MD (not medical doctor, Malistaire Drake) because he's way too powerful for level twenties. So as soon as they get the quest to fight Malistaire, THEN they should go.

-Anna [Ryan DarkRiver Adept Necromancer]

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
28
fourmyant wrote:
jklpil wrote:
I think that the level limit to DragonSpyre should be levels 25+ so it cant be full of Noobs. So maybe You can try my level limit to keep this Noob problem down. Next time this happens even with a level limit look for a post like this. So don't come crying to KingIsle for it to be fixed. I really agree to this post. So if you like it please respond or anything that you do to respond. Well i hope this has been helpful. Cheeers!





Sestiva Sprite level 25 life adept.



have a nice day!


You are just trying to get into this world. Stop it there should be a level 42+ only so low levels don't waste traps. A noob came in a battle once and he was a level 16 storm. All he would do is use Lightning Bats and Thunder Snake. I am really mad. So when the battle ends, this guy requests me as a friend. HECK NO! HE RUINED THE BATTLE! THE BOSS WAS LOW ON HEALTH! SO WAS I BUT I COULD OF FINISHED THE BOSS WITHOUT HIM!


My suggestion:

WC: Any Level
KT: Whenever you finish WC
GH: 20+
MB: Whenever you finish KT
MS: Whenever you finish MB
DS: Whenever you finish MS

See where I'm going?

-Anna [Ryan DarkRiver Adept Necromancer]

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
85
Drifter69 wrote:
noyeh wrote:
35437 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
I totally agree on this! One time I was fighting the Myth boss, forgot its name, and guess what was there? A level 13 PLAYER!!!!
And this level 16 player on Gurtok Demon did nothing but TROLLS AND CYCLOPSES! I think there should be a certain level when players cant port to Dragonspyre!

But until then, maybe switch the port off!

-brianna wildblood, lvl 45 pyromancer


I so agree! i spend like a half an hour trapping just to be taken away by a stinking wand spell! and its not just the grand chasam its every where! i see lvl 10s asking for someone totake them to malistare and i try and help them but they dont listen to me when i say you need three ppl or it harder than it looks! :x


This is why they need to include the "join fight feature". this way a button comes up and you can click yes or no to them joining your fight. If you click no and they are in a dungeon or in a bosses den they get "kicked out" or if it is just a general fight then they just can't join in. I think this would be a good feature and think the players should push for this. I am a soloist, I prefer to fight alone so I know how you feel about someone "ruining a fight" for you.


It will never work, coming from a Soloist as well. There needs to be another way. If players had a choice to let someone join there fight or not, then what you get is a player hogging all the boss fights up for them and there friends especially if they are farming any particular boss for a drop.

Speaking of friends a little off topic. If something needs to get changed this should be one of them. ASAP

I am EXTREMLY SICK of people spamming your friendship while you are shopping at the Bazzar, or Browsing one of the Libraries. If one is shopping, or Browsing, a message should pop up for the spammer saying: "Player is to Busy right now."

Because if you are in the middle of buying or selling and a friendship message comes up it goes in front of the window that says buy this item, sell this item, yes or no. So if you are buying, and selling like crazy, that friendship window pops up you accidently click yes for friendship, when you really wanted to click yes to buy or sell.

Random Friendship requests are annoying at most all ready, and when they spam it while you are shopping or browsing? Well, That really should be the last straw.

Sure we can turn this feature off, but if we meet someone the proper way, not the random way, (which is the wrong way in the first place) and you help each other out of course you wouldn't mind being this persons friend you are gonna want them to ask for friendship or visa versa.


(wow long message :P )

But yes i agree too. For example i was at bazaar and i was about to buy an item i had been searching forever for. And then guess what happens? Just as i'm about to buy a low lvl random friendship request come up. By the time i click no someone had bought the item i wanted!
And idk what kind of thing KI could do too fix the whole low lvls non chatters in DS. I guess right now the only solution is go to a realm that seems empty ish.

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
31
The level minimum for each world can vary, depending on how fast someone completes the main quests or not.

So, going off with the suggestions about completing the PREVIOUS world in order to move onto the NEXT world seems fair enough for anyone. But yeah, if the player doesn't have the Spiral Key to get into the desired world the player wants.... tough luck. No exceptions.

A level 14 storm was trying to make an argument for her being there to "farm" SnowCrusher. My friend and I had to go to a couple different realms to find an open spot for him to get his grand gear.

That means no more power leveling in Labyrinth.

Can we please get an opinion of an admin here? Zeke? Greyrose?

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
62
Thats surely is annoying! Everyone should be aloud to have text chat though! Without parents approval! It should only be open chat that you need a parent's approval because of the deaconry!

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
ripleyrocks123 wrote:
fourmyant wrote:
jklpil wrote:
I think that the level limit to DragonSpyre should be levels 25+ so it cant be full of Noobs. So maybe You can try my level limit to keep this Noob problem down. Next time this happens even with a level limit look for a post like this. So don't come crying to KingIsle for it to be fixed. I really agree to this post. So if you like it please respond or anything that you do to respond. Well i hope this has been helpful. Cheeers!





Sestiva Sprite level 25 life adept.



have a nice day!


You are just trying to get into this world. Stop it there should be a level 42+ only so low levels don't waste traps. A noob came in a battle once and he was a level 16 storm. All he would do is use Lightning Bats and Thunder Snake. I am really mad. So when the battle ends, this guy requests me as a friend. HECK NO! HE RUINED THE BATTLE! THE BOSS WAS LOW ON HEALTH! SO WAS I BUT I COULD OF FINISHED THE BOSS WITHOUT HIM!


My suggestion:

WC: Any Level
KT: Whenever you finish WC
GH: 20+
MB: Whenever you finish KT
MS: Whenever you finish MB
DS: Whenever you finish MS

See where I'm going?

-Anna [Ryan DarkRiver Adept Necromancer]


THIS IS PERFECT! This is how it is supposed to be. No loop holes, no nothing. I agree 100%

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
47
Junebug838 wrote:
Hello, I've been farming there for the last few days, and there has been a massive increase in low level non-chatting players that ruin everybody's trap sets. Can you put some kind of minimum level cap to make sure this doesn't happen, or increase the threat on bosses? Low level players that can't communicate ruin the entire fight for us serious high level wizards.


Something that would be nice, is to have to first player in the fight (Sun) have the option to boot a player from the fight.
thank you this is the first thread i have seen that havent called them well NOOBS. every other thread about this calles them noobs not low level non chatters. and i totally agree with you

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
Drifter69 wrote:
ripleyrocks123 wrote:
fourmyant wrote:
jklpil wrote:
I think that the level limit to DragonSpyre should be levels 25+ so it cant be full of Noobs. So maybe You can try my level limit to keep this Noob problem down. Next time this happens even with a level limit look for a post like this. So don't come crying to KingIsle for it to be fixed. I really agree to this post. So if you like it please respond or anything that you do to respond. Well i hope this has been helpful. Cheeers!

Sestiva Sprite level 25 life adept.

have a nice day!


You are just trying to get into this world. Stop it there should be a level 42+ only so low levels don't waste traps. A noob came in a battle once and he was a level 16 storm. All he would do is use Lightning Bats and Thunder Snake. I am really mad. So when the battle ends, this guy requests me as a friend. HECK NO! HE RUINED THE BATTLE! THE BOSS WAS LOW ON HEALTH! SO WAS I BUT I COULD OF FINISHED THE BOSS WITHOUT HIM!


My suggestion:

WC: Any Level
KT: Whenever you finish WC
GH: 20+
MB: Whenever you finish KT
MS: Whenever you finish MB
DS: Whenever you finish MS

See where I'm going?

-Anna [Ryan DarkRiver Adept Necromancer]


THIS IS PERFECT! This is how it is supposed to be. No loop holes, no nothing. I agree 100%


Actually I meant the level you can teleport in at. You have the beat the world before it still but a certain level to teleport in the world.

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
fces1 wrote:
Thats surely is annoying! Everyone should be aloud to have text chat though! Without parents approval! It should only be open chat that you need a parent's approval because of the deaconry!


That cant be a good idea. There could be little kids on nearby and they are listening to people say bad words. So no, I think this ruins text chat because the little kids might say a bad word to the wrong person and the person is in a real life gang and they know where the guy lives.