Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Level Non-chatters in Plaza of Conquest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 23, 2009
16
Drifter69 wrote:
So many post on lowbies entering Dragonspyre. With all the post and feed back on this growing problem. KI needs to take action now, and end the madness.

I had to bust my butt to get to Dragonspyre, and the lowbies get a free pass, and take up boss spots, and use up our traps with wands? I am also suprised on the lowbies, and their sailor mouths. Do they kiss their mothers with that filthy mouth?(yes there are was around the chat to cus at people)

The point being, there is no reason these foul mouth, immature players should be in Dragonspyre in the first place. It should only be stricted for level 45+. HANDS DOWN. No loop holes at all to get in.

KI FIX THIS GROWING PROBLEM! I am a paid suscriber and crown buyer, us paid subscribers and crown buyers should not have to tolerate this mess.

PLEASE JUST FIX IT!


I agree, but, I don't think people can get in at level 45, say they were like level 40, and they went to Dragonspyre, because they got the key. But what if they did the ban? The wizard couldn't go in and he would have nothing to do but sidequests. So, I think they should make it so, if you have they key you can go in.
Kimberly level 47 Balance

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
36
Drifter69 wrote:
noyeh wrote:
35437 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
I totally agree on this! One time I was fighting the Myth boss, forgot its name, and guess what was there? A level 13 PLAYER!!!!
And this level 16 player on Gurtok Demon did nothing but TROLLS AND CYCLOPSES! I think there should be a certain level when players cant port to Dragonspyre!

But until then, maybe switch the port off!

-brianna wildblood, lvl 45 pyromancer


I so agree! i spend like a half an hour trapping just to be taken away by a stinking wand spell! and its not just the grand chasam its every where! i see lvl 10s asking for someone totake them to malistare and i try and help them but they dont listen to me when i say you need three ppl or it harder than it looks! :x


This is why they need to include the "join fight feature". this way a button comes up and you can click yes or no to them joining your fight. If you click no and they are in a dungeon or in a bosses den they get "kicked out" or if it is just a general fight then they just can't join in. I think this would be a good feature and think the players should push for this. I am a soloist, I prefer to fight alone so I know how you feel about someone "ruining a fight" for you.


It will never work, coming from a Soloist as well. There needs to be another way. If players had a choice to let someone join there fight or not, then what you get is a player hogging all the boss fights up for them and there friends especially if they are farming any particular boss for a drop.

Speaking of friends a little off topic. If something needs to get changed this should be one of them. ASAP

I am EXTREMLY SICK of people spamming your friendship while you are shopping at the Bazzar, or Browsing one of the Libraries. If one is shopping, or Browsing, a message should pop up for the spammer saying: "Player is to Busy right now."

Because if you are in the middle of buying or selling and a friendship message comes up it goes in front of the window that says buy this item, sell this item, yes or no. So if you are buying, and selling like crazy, that friendship window pops up you accidently click yes for friendship, when you really wanted to click yes to buy or sell.

Random Friendship requests are annoying at most all ready, and when they spam it while you are shopping or browsing? Well, That really should be the last straw.

Sure we can turn this feature off, but if we meet someone the proper way, not the random way, (which is the wrong way in the first place) and you help each other out of course you wouldn't mind being this persons friend you are gonna want them to ask for friendship or visa versa.


Just letting you know, i tihnk they should make a feature where lower lvls cant be your friend or you can pick how much lower lvl they can be. Like for example, i am lvl 60, i can tell the feature that anyone 10 levels lower than me can be my friend, anyone less can not. Or you can just altogether say that no one lower lvl than you can be your friend. Same thing with a higer lvl. Now there should be another feature that is the same as this one, but instead of friend requests, it should be porting. so you can pick if lower lvl can port to you or not. Or certain amount lower than you or not. So these two should be cool features in the game.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
13
:?Yes i do agree with you guys these low levels non chatters do tend to get people defeated alot like i was battling the lord of sea or the lord of storm
then out of no where these low levels join the battle i had plan to use dragon on him but they totally blew out my traps but when one of them got defeated they said heal me why should i heal you mess up my acttak
i mean i got nothing to hate them about because i was one at first but i know where i belong when i was a low level but know they trying to go to places that are too hard for them :? :-o why would they do that don't they know that they are no match for high level bosses i mean COME ON!why would you use firecat in DS on a level 8 BOSS it make no sense sorry low level but you guys really need to go to the place that you do belong in ad not a place where you just blow every one traps

p.s. But i have no hate to the low levels that have text chat i'm cool with them it's just the ones that don't have text chat but wizard with text chat don't listen to people who done things like this befor :x :?

Hunter Redblood lvl 49 master of fire

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
196
i love this things because one it's happen to me and someone accused me and doing this when i was helping a friend fight the last boss

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
35
I totally agree, to be honest your lucky it was only a level 13, mine was a stinking level 2!! Seriously, idk how he got there! I dont add lower wizards on my Grandmaster. It really annoyed me cause i put down a life trap then what does he use? A stinking IMP! I got so annoyed I shouted at him until i realized he was chatless. I'm on Celestia now but if i see a low level in there, I'm just gonna give up!

Explorer
Aug 14, 2009
65
Um I know what your saying but it is waaaaaaaay to low of a lvl in DS but a good thing is you can change realms. if there was in one realm that doesent mean there will be one in that realm. so try to change realms if someone is getting on your nerve and most low level non chatters dont know how to change a realm XD so that why it may work

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
meow5555 wrote:

I agree, but, I don't think people can get in at level 45, say they were like level 40, and they went to Dragonspyre, because they got the key. But what if they did the ban? The wizard couldn't go in and he would have nothing to do but sidequests. So, I think they should make it so, if you have they key you can go in.
Kimberly level 47 Balance


The problem exists because people with high level mages make more than one account, then they make newbies on their second account, log their high level on, port their newbie in and power level it.

There are a number of ways KI could address this, starting with no xp at all from battles or dungeons IF you are more than 10 levels to low for the world. So if the world is a level 30 and up world, if someone that was level 19 or less ported in, they could fight all day long, and run through dungeons all day long, and get 0 xp.

And people would very quickly stop porting to worlds they were too low for in order to power level.


Survivor
Apr 01, 2011
15
I understand everyones pain my trouble was in the labyrimth so me and my two master friends were doing the labyrinth and i got killed so i had to flee and teleport back but when i tried to teleport 2 noobs had ported to my frienfs and i couldnt get back in >:( so i had to start all over again.

I understand that those noobs wanted to see ds i wamted to see ds at thier lvl too but i resisted the urge and only ported when why friend asked me too. I think a soulution to this problem would be a message saying can (your friend blank black teleport to you so we could have control over who we would like to help us and who we dont

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
146
Drifter69 wrote:
noyeh wrote:
35437 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
I totally agree on this! One time I was fighting the Myth boss, forgot its name, and guess what was there? A level 13 PLAYER!!!!
And this level 16 player on Gurtok Demon did nothing but TROLLS AND CYCLOPSES! I think there should be a certain level when players cant port to Dragonspyre!

But until then, maybe switch the port off!

-brianna wildblood, lvl 45 pyromancer


I so agree! i spend like a half an hour trapping just to be taken away by a stinking wand spell! and its not just the grand chasam its every where! i see lvl 10s asking for someone totake them to malistare and i try and help them but they dont listen to me when i say you need three ppl or it harder than it looks! :x


This is why they need to include the "join fight feature". this way a button comes up and you can click yes or no to them joining your fight. If you click no and they are in a dungeon or in a bosses den they get "kicked out" or if it is just a general fight then they just can't join in. I think this would be a good feature and think the players should push for this. I am a soloist, I prefer to fight alone so I know how you feel about someone "ruining a fight" for you.


It will never work, coming from a Soloist as well. There needs to be another way. If players had a choice to let someone join there fight or not, then what you get is a player hogging all the boss fights up for them and there friends especially if they are farming any particular boss for a drop.

Speaking of friends a little off topic. If something needs to get changed this should be one of them. ASAP

I am EXTREMLY SICK of people spamming your friendship while you are shopping at the Bazzar, or Browsing one of the Libraries. If one is shopping, or Browsing, a message should pop up for the spammer saying: "Player is to Busy right now."

Because if you are in the middle of buying or selling and a friendship message comes up it goes in front of the window that says buy this item, sell this item, yes or no. So if you are buying, and selling like crazy, that friendship window pops up you accidently click yes for friendship, when you really wanted to click yes to buy or sell.

Random Friendship requests are annoying at most all ready, and when they spam it while you are shopping or browsing? Well, That really should be the last straw.

Sure we can turn this feature off, but if we meet someone the proper way, not the random way, (which is the wrong way in the first place) and you help each other out of course you wouldn't mind being this persons friend you are gonna want them to ask for friendship or visa versa.
How about turning off friend requests? It's easier than coing here and complaining.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
Thank for making this post! This has happened to me a lot! Me and my friend were trying to set records with efreet, and forest lord we get worked for about 2 days to find all these treasure cards for traps and blades and when we finally get all of them we get decide to pwn some monster in the plaza of conquest. After setting up for about a half an hour this noob comes in about level 30 and uses humongofrog getting rid of all our traps! I was so angry all that hard work and some non-chatting noob ruins it! I understand the terms for the subscription thing, but Kingsisle needs to add a feature where you can boot someone from a fight or just block them from joining at all!

Aaron Drakewalker Level: 60
Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
One other is when I was helping my friend with a boss in Celestia he didnt turn off his porting and had a noob friend online who ports in. That noob's friend level 15 then ports in and uses up my traps on the boss for efreet on a fire cat! Its does I think 456 damage he goes "Wow did you see that that was really high", yet when without and blades or traps my efreet alone does 1560 damage and 2978 when it criticals alone. We ended up dying because that noob. I respect the terms of subscription allowing them to go anywhere they please but this is getting ridiculos I even have my friend requesting setting blocked!

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2380
flarzedrago9 wrote:
One other is when I was helping my friend with a boss in Celestia he didnt turn off his porting and had a noob friend online who ports in. That noob's friend level 15 then ports in and uses up my traps on the boss for efreet on a fire cat! Its does I think 456 damage he goes "Wow did you see that that was really high", yet when without and blades or traps my efreet alone does 1560 damage and 2978 when it criticals alone. We ended up dying because that noob. I respect the terms of subscription allowing them to go anywhere they please but this is getting ridiculos I even have my friend requesting setting blocked!


Even if they add a boot feature, it sounds like your friend doesn't care. So even if they added something like that, if you quest with your friend your still going to have these problems.

Some the best feature of the game is screening who are really your friends or who have the same interests as you. Reminding groupmates, before questing, to turn porting off goes a long way.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
28
Like everyone here has responded I get the point.....it's so irritating that as soon as you are about to defeat a boss a low level noob comes and and uses the last of your traps! Then the higher level ends up getting defeated and the noob gets the drops! KI has to do something about this or I'm going to freakout! (Or explode, either one includes tearing my hair out...)

Master Pyromancer, level 44, Allison DawnBringer

Champion
May 03, 2011
447
I'm kind of surprised people are so incensed about this. I mean, games are more fun (for me, anyway) when one has to deal with the unexpected and (sometimes) unwelcome. It's a challenge. Now I have had a few non-chatters who have "stalked" me, following me into battle in places they have no place being, and even my house. I suspect there's something creepy going on here, and I delete them. But in general I don't get freaked out when low levels join a battle. They take heat off me, they usually die pretty fast unless they're crafty players, and if they're crafty, they help me. Maybe this is because my highest character is myth, and hardly anyone can use those traps anyway but still....part of the challenge is dealing with things you can't control. Including noobs who want to farm your bosses. And frankly, I think it's refreshing...sometimes high-level people are too intense and judgmental. Like it really is a life-and-death thing, and if you wreck their carefully-laid plans by accidentally doing a wand spell (yeah, it happens sometimes) or something similar--it's like the end of the world. Personally, I like the randomness of the game. I'd hate to know exactly how every battle, every encounter was going to go. But that's just me.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
103
Well Instead of getting madder and madder we should think of solutions that would be fair to every one. This is my idea for a solution to this problem: you know how in briskbreeze tower and the the water works you can port inside? Well KI should make DS like that unless you are currently in the world and are working on a quest or If you have finished DS. This would allow higher level wizards to use blades and traps with out having them disrupted by a lower level wizard. :) This would be more fair than putting a level cap on DS or being able to throw people out of your duel.

I hope you like my suggestion XD

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
258
instead of running to the forum boards everytime a low level uses up a trap, why don't we just use the tools KI gave to us to stop low levels from coming in? we have the tools to not accept friend requests, we have the tools to block people from teleporting in, so...why don't we use them???? it's not KI's fault for all of this, ITS OURS. if you don't want a low leveld friend, Don't accept them! Remove them if you do accidentally accept them. KI has now made it where we can see our friends stats again, so just stop being lazy and clean out your list. how simple is that? its everyone's fault that this is happening, so WE should be the ones to fix it, in an agreeable way. if everyone would do this instead of immediatly going for level locked worlds, there wouldnt be a problem now would there? (i'm pretty sure i posted something like this, but i cant find it XD)

p.s.= wow, i sound a lot different than how i used to. i still think low levels are a problem, but only if they're obnoxious and don't listen. the ones who DO listen can be a big help actually. how would you feel if there was a lock on the worlds and you're in a big boss fight and the only person online was a low level who knew how to heal and fight, but couldnt get there, because all you whiners wanted a lock? you would lose, and you would regret it, because you couldnt get the help you needed. locks on all the worlds arent an answer.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
lilycat1111 wrote:
Well Instead of getting madder and madder we should think of solutions that would be fair to every one. This is my idea for a solution to this problem: you know how in briskbreeze tower and the the water works you can port inside? Well KI should make DS like that unless you are currently in the world and are working on a quest or If you have finished DS. This would allow higher level wizards to use blades and traps with out having them disrupted by a lower level wizard. :) This would be more fair than putting a level cap on DS or being able to throw people out of your duel.

I hope you like my suggestion XD

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary


How many of you are gonna say that KI can't do that! Those players are subscribed meaning they have a right to go anywhere they please (not including Waterworks and Briskbreeze) no matter their level. I agree its annoying I nearly smashed my laptop becuase its so annoying, but KI cant do that. I wish they could add a boot feature.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
103
Well if you boot some one with the same quest from your duel who you think is a "noob" this isn't fair. And gosh can anyone come up with a better idea than booting people from duels.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
42
Here is my put on this. Everyone has gotten to the point, we all know how annoying it is but like kaleeraisen said,use the tools that were given. KI probably will not change it since this thread has been here a long time unless complaints go out of control. We need to use our minds instead of asking KI to change this. We can simply change realm, remove them or ignore if they are a friend, or simply deal with the problem of low levels porting.They can teleport if they have subscription. They have paid to do so so they can. But if KI decides to change it, instead of level requirement how about making limits to who should join the battle such as this.
EX:Me: Hi can you help me Steve?
Steve: Ok hold on i am in a battle. I then put FRIENDS ONLY for this battle and put a friend into the FRIENDS ONLY area or put the level of your friend or level area in case the friends levels up such as: 50-55.
Now if KI doesn't change it then use your mind or try to stay calm and hope for the better next time.
Paul Legendblood Level 54
Co-Creator of fan-fic The Seven Warriors

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
You need to communicate with them, saying things like "Don't attack my target." in quick chat. Use quick chat so they are certain to understand you. Low levels can be useful if they are told what to and not to do, politely.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
I don't like the idea of making it that you have to be a certain level to get into DragonSpyre. Sometimes I help my real life friend in DragonSpyre, and I do not want me to not be able to help him.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
7
I kind of agree, but then I don't. I mean, I helped my mother defeat Malistaire when I was a level 20, which is technically a noob even if you do know what to do. If they had put the increased threat on me, I wouldn't have been able to help my mother. The one time I messed someone's trap up, it was because I didn't realize that it was there when I had set the attack card untill it was too late.

I don't think it is fair to punish everyone, just because the majority of little characters don't know what they're doing. I don't find it that hard to communicate with the mute people using their language. I mean, its apperent that they can't speak our language, so we have to learn theirs. It's not their fault, really.

All I'm saying is that I defend their honor. They pay money to get there, I don't think KI should change it just because you find them annoying. There are ways around them, like changing realms and acutally trying to communicate using closed chat options as well as turning off your teleport options.

Brittany Heart Level 45 Ice

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
103
flarzedrago9 wrote:
lilycat1111 wrote:
Well Instead of getting madder and madder we should think of solutions that would be fair to every one. This is my idea for a solution to this problem: you know how in briskbreeze tower and the the water works you can port inside? Well KI should make DS like that unless you are currently in the world and are working on a quest or If you have finished DS. This would allow higher level wizards to use blades and traps with out having them disrupted by a lower level wizard. :) This would be more fair than putting a level cap on DS or being able to throw people out of your duel.

I hope you like my suggestion XD

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary


How many of you are gonna say that KI can't do that! Those players are subscribed meaning they have a right to go anywhere they please (not including Waterworks and Briskbreeze) no matter their level. I agree its annoying I nearly smashed my laptop becuase its so annoying, but KI cant do that. I wish they could add a boot feature.


No need to be so negative about my idea. And beside it was real one of the more constructive ideas rather than kicking people out of your duel.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
19
Junebug838 wrote:
Hello, I've been farming there for the last few days, and there has been a massive increase in low level non-chatting players that ruin everybody's trap sets. Can you put some kind of minimum level cap to make sure this doesn't happen, or increase the threat on bosses? Low level players that can't communicate ruin the entire fight for us serious high level wizards.

Something that would be nice, is to have to first player in the fight (Sun) have the option to boot a player from the fight.


i couldnt agree more the low level population in the high worlds are becoming a problem

lv 60 fire devin mythbreath
lv 45 myth corwein mancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
lilycat1111 wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
lilycat1111 wrote:
Well Instead of getting madder and madder we should think of solutions that would be fair to every one. This is my idea for a solution to this problem: you know how in briskbreeze tower and the the water works you can port inside? Well KI should make DS like that unless you are currently in the world and are working on a quest or If you have finished DS. This would allow higher level wizards to use blades and traps with out having them disrupted by a lower level wizard. :) This would be more fair than putting a level cap on DS or being able to throw people out of your duel.

I hope you like my suggestion XD

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary


How many of you are gonna say that KI can't do that! Those players are subscribed meaning they have a right to go anywhere they please (not including Waterworks and Briskbreeze) no matter their level. I agree its annoying I nearly smashed my laptop becuase its so annoying, but KI cant do that. I wish they could add a boot feature.


No need to be so negative about my idea. And beside it was real one of the more constructive ideas rather than kicking people out of your duel.


You said kicking people out of duels in your post :|

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

P.S. I wasn't really be negative just stating out that Kingsisle cant do that because a whole bunch of people said that.