Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low Level Non-chatters in Plaza of Conquest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
12
Drifter69 wrote:
noyeh wrote:
35437 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
I totally agree on this! One time I was fighting the Myth boss, forgot its name, and guess what was there? A level 13 PLAYER!!!!
And this level 16 player on Gurtok Demon did nothing but TROLLS AND CYCLOPSES! I think there should be a certain level when players cant port to Dragonspyre!

But until then, maybe switch the port off!

-brianna wildblood, lvl 45 pyromancer


I so agree! i spend like a half an hour trapping just to be taken away by a stinking wand spell! and its not just the grand chasam its every where! i see lvl 10s asking for someone totake them to malistare and i try and help them but they dont listen to me when i say you need three ppl or it harder than it looks! :x


This is why they need to include the "join fight feature". this way a button comes up and you can click yes or no to them joining your fight. If you click no and they are in a dungeon or in a bosses den they get "kicked out" or if it is just a general fight then they just can't join in. I think this would be a good feature and think the players should push for this. I am a soloist, I prefer to fight alone so I know how you feel about someone "ruining a fight" for you.


It will never work, coming from a Soloist as well. There needs to be another way. If players had a choice to let someone join there fight or not, then what you get is a player hogging all the boss fights up for them and there friends especially if they are farming any particular boss for a drop.

Speaking of friends a little off topic. If something needs to get changed this should be one of them. ASAP

I am EXTREMLY SICK of people spamming your friendship while you are shopping at the Bazzar, or Browsing one of the Libraries. If one is shopping, or Browsing, a message should pop up for the spammer saying: "Player is to Busy right now."

Because if you are in the middle of buying or selling and a friendship message comes up it goes in front of the window that says buy this item, sell this item, yes or no. So if you are buying, and selling like crazy, that friendship window pops up you accidently click yes for friendship, when you really wanted to click yes to buy or sell.

Random Friendship requests are annoying at most all ready, and when they spam it while you are shopping or browsing? Well, That really should be the last straw.

Sure we can turn this feature off, but if we meet someone the proper way, not the random way, (which is the wrong way in the first place) and you help each other out of course you wouldn't mind being this persons friend you are gonna want them to ask for friendship or visa versa.
Well in the part oh not allowing people to join your battles i shouldnt be avalible in an boss battle oh and about that random friend request just turn of the friend request feature and when you want someone to send you a request just turn it back on. hope this helps.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
258
Angelocean wrote:
aeroflash wrote:
I agree with most of the comments on this because just the other day i was fighting a boss by myself and than one of my friends teleported and i was like "you better not take of my traps" and she was like i wasn't and she was gonna go after the key" and then two of her friends came and where level 5 text chat and they took away my traps with like cyclops and blood bat and i got so mad then because they where like "Did you see that i did so much damage!" when it was like 500 damage, When i could have done like 2k using Earthquake .

Jack BattleTamer, Level 42 myth 8)


I feel your pain


Amber N.= i do too. i saw a lvl twin tea eight person with a ianthine spectre! personnally i dont think he deserved it. lots of people farm that gurtok boss for WEEKS to MONTHS so its not fair that someone of a low lvl just pops in and gets what you deserve! its SO aggravating!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
those low lvls dont know what " so much damage is." at least until they get to a higher lvl.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
94
Drifter, you need to use the entire post and not clips from it to attempt to prove your point on exploits. I am unsure how you simply bypass where it says you are allowed to port to friends in higher level areas.

Level minimums are not going to work. Why would you make it so you have to be level 40 to enter DS, when I have seen several friends make it there by level 35? Oh, and that is with calling the low level "noobs" to help them with bosses and quests.

Preacher, I did not say they have less rights. When kids get arrogant and say someone doesnt have the right to be in an area, or even play the game (yes I have had a person state I should not even play since I am an adult), thats when I will state if I pay to play for me and my children, I will have access to anywhere if allowed by the game. They do not have less rights, but they do not have the say to limit us as well.

Lower level players help the people get to DS in a high number of circumstances, I assure you. Just yesterday I was called into a battle in DS. As a low level 30 healer, I came in and saw a Grandmaster at 45 health and the master (friend who I ported to) at approx 200. After healing them initially with 2 fairy spells that allowed them to continue their battle until I could heal more with a couple Satyr and Unicorns.

Someone said it earlier as well. Its a game. If you dont want people tripping traps and stuff, go to another realm as there are several to choose from. I refuse to believe that people make it all the way to DS by themselves, with absolutely no help in combat. I am sure that low level "noobs" helped them in some boss fights, as well as some higher level characters that overpowered their enemy.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
262
Drifter- you need to take the whole quote in context or your position is on a slippery slope.

You PROGRESS through the game by doing quest 1, 2, 3 and so on so forth. By doing this you unlock WC, KT, GH, MB, MS, DS and Celestia in order. I believe this is SPECIFICALLY what the post you are using says. Here it is.

"During the time you are subscribed, you can access any areas in the Spiral that YOU HAVE EARNED ACCESS to through the PROGRESSION OF QUESTS."

Now the REST of that post is this. It clearly says we can teleport ANYWHERE in the Spiral PERIOD, no level needed, no area has to be unlocked. The right to port is not "earned". It is given to us.

"You can also teleport to friends in any area of the Spiral while you are a Subscriber. Subscribers will never be prompted to make an additional purchase of an area. Once your subscription expires, you can no longer access those areas, and are restricted to the Free to Play areas of Wizard101."

Then there is this from the Players Manual right here on the Wizard101 website. Once again you can teleport to your friends PERIOD. It also warns to be careful we may end up in a HIGH LEVEL AREA!!!!!

"Getting Around - Teleporting to Friends
When you select a friend from your Friends list, one of the options is to "Go to Location".

This means you can teleport to your friend, but be careful, your friend may be in a high level area that you are not prepared for! It's always nice to ask your friend first if you can teleport to them."

It is part of the game. It is not a mistake. I think the lack of response is simply because they have ALREADY addressed the issue. I don't see them putting in level requirements. There are already are requirements to unlock areas by doing quests in a certain order and by doing this you "earn" the right to move into the next area.

Porting is a separate piece of the game like PVP, crafting or pets. It simply lets us go to our friends and potentially cause headaches for others while doing it. KI can't make us be nice and considerate. Furthermore they gave us a way to stop this by turning porting off. Not KI's fault or problem if WE don't use the tools the gave us.

Megan F

Survivor
Jul 21, 2010
21
kind of off topic but there should be a tab to let yu see if someone does or doesnt need help. showing there health mana and maybe even a little sentence saying plz dont help or that reversed or dont use my traps or reverse

Survivor
Jan 12, 2009
4
Junebug838 wrote:
Hello, I've been farming there for the last few days, and there has been a massive increase in low level non-chatting players that ruin everybody's trap sets. Can you put some kind of minimum level cap to make sure this doesn't happen, or increase the threat on bosses? Low level players that can't communicate ruin the entire fight for us serious high level wizards.

Something that would be nice, is to have to first player in the fight (Sun) have the option to boot a player from the fight.


i STRONGLY agree

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
Low levels in DS. Well that is very bad. If a low level goes into DS then KI gets yelled at and loses money. If KI goes bankrupt no more W101. There has to be a solution to this MAJOR problem. Guys, I suggest you turn off teleports when low levels are on. Or if they have text chat tell them this.

"KingsIsle loses money and gets yelled at every time you teleport to places you have no access to." In fact, this is very true.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
94
fourmyant wrote:
Low levels in DS. Well that is very bad. If a low level goes into DS then KI gets yelled at and loses money. If KI goes bankrupt no more W101. There has to be a solution to this MAJOR problem. Guys, I suggest you turn off teleports when low levels are on. Or if they have text chat tell them this.

"KingsIsle loses money and gets yelled at every time you teleport to places you have no access to." In fact, this is very true.


How is KI getting yelled at for people teleporting to a higher level area? How would they lose money for someone teleporting to DS?

They state in the guide you can do so, why is there even a discussion on this? If anyone did complain to KI, they would point right to the part in their official guide where it says you can teleport to friends.

You cannot put a level minimum to enter an area. What happens when someone completes an area 3 levels below your proposed minimum? Since they could be out of quests, do you suggest someone fight battles to gain the 15K or whatever in order to hit the "requirement"?

Simple solution is this: Either put up with what is allowed or change realms.


Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
94
kaleeraisen wrote:


Amber N.= i do too. i saw a lvl twin tea eight person with a ianthine spectre! personnally i dont think he deserved it. lots of people farm that gurtok boss for WEEKS to MONTHS so its not fair that someone of a low lvl just pops in and gets what you deserve! its SO aggravating!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
those low lvls dont know what " so much damage is." at least until they get to a higher lvl.


How do you know this person did not gain it on a grandmaster account and share it to another character on his account?

To put that into perspective, I am sending my 2 children Ianthine spectres and they are level 4.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
fourmyant wrote:
Low levels in DS. Well that is very bad. If a low level goes into DS then KI gets yelled at and loses money. If KI goes bankrupt no more W101. There has to be a solution to this MAJOR problem. Guys, I suggest you turn off teleports when low levels are on. Or if they have text chat tell them this.

"KingsIsle loses money and gets yelled at every time you teleport to places you have no access to." In fact, this is very true.


Uh, you might want to explain that one. They don't lose money and get yelled at every time a lower level wizard ports to DS. At most, someone puts up yet another post on the message board. From what I've seen, there will be both compliments and complaints no matter what changes they make. The only way they lose money is if they lose players. Now, while I have found myself in battles with truly aggravating players (both low and high level wizards), I've never felt like canceling my membership because of it. Also, once you buy a subscription, they have your money. I bought a yearly subscription, so even if I did quit, it wouldn't effect their balance sheet until June. Finally, unless players were quitting in large numbers because of the issue, then it still wouldn't have much effect. It's simple really. If you don't want low level friends porting to you, then don't add them to your friends list (or remove them if they're already there) and/or turn off the porting option. If you're unhappy with all of the low level wizards already in the area, then simply switch to a different realm (the less filled the better in that case).

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
31
I have a possible solution to this: if you put up a trap then only you can use it or in the options menu you could choose too either let anyone use my traps or let only me be able to use my traps

Julia dragonrider, Level 44, Master Theurgist,
Julia WyrmShade, Level 32, Magus Necromancer,
Jasmine HawkRider, Level 11, Initiate Sorcerer,
Erica Drake, Level 9, Diviner,
Sabrina StarBreeze, Level 8, Apprentice Thaumaturge
Diana Jadeheart, Level 8, Apprentice conjurer

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
rubyb23 wrote:
fourmyant wrote:
Low levels in DS. Well that is very bad. If a low level goes into DS then KI gets yelled at and loses money. If KI goes bankrupt no more W101. There has to be a solution to this MAJOR problem. Guys, I suggest you turn off teleports when low levels are on. Or if they have text chat tell them this.

"KingsIsle loses money and gets yelled at every time you teleport to places you have no access to." In fact, this is very true.


How is KI getting yelled at for people teleporting to a higher level area? How would they lose money for someone teleporting to DS?

They state in the guide you can do so, why is there even a discussion on this? If anyone did complain to KI, they would point right to the part in their official guide where it says you can teleport to friends.

You cannot put a level minimum to enter an area. What happens when someone completes an area 3 levels below your proposed minimum? Since they could be out of quests, do you suggest someone fight battles to gain the 15K or whatever in order to hit the "requirement"?

Simple solution is this: Either put up with what is allowed or change realms.



Well KI will be yelled at because the low levels don't belong there and they did nothing about it. And the statement no money no W101 I am saying like Wizard101 would be canceled if KI goes bankrupt, which can happen at any time. Maybe if they lose people like someone else mentioned they lose money but either way.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
94
fourmyant wrote:

Well KI will be yelled at because the low levels don't belong there and they did nothing about it. And the statement no money no W101 I am saying like Wizard101 would be canceled if KI goes bankrupt, which can happen at any time. Maybe if they lose people like someone else mentioned they lose money but either way.


Now who exactly would be yelling at KI? The only people that can would be a customer, but as already stated it is clearly written that is allowed. Sorry to say, but whether a person thinks they "belong" there would matter little. That low level player may be helping that level 45 stay alive in a boss fight (which I myself have been called into DS in my early 20s to help on several occasions), and by keeping his friend alive certainly feels justified in staying every now and then.

Any online game can become bankrupt at any time. To say "KingsIsle loses money and gets yelled at every time you teleport to places you have no access to." is an incorrect statement. KI does not lose money if I teleport to a friend in DS, even though storywise I am in Mooshu. People who complain do not cancel their subscriptions because of that, and even if they did they are replaced with hundreds of other paying people.

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
262
rubyb23 wrote:

They state in the guide you can do so, why is there even a discussion on this? If anyone did complain to KI, they would point right to the part in their official guide where it says you can teleport to friends.


Indeed they do say that. The discussion is that the ability to port freely is having some unintended consequences. Low level people are farming higher level worlds and coming to them to level up quickly. They are getting the same goodies and XP as people who worked very hard to get there. That is causing a burning frustration amongst some players. They feel this is cheating and wrong or exploiting the game. I agree. Level 1+ people who don't have a Spiral Key simply should not farm an upper level world or use it level up fast.

You cannot put a level minimum to enter an area. What happens when someone completes an area 3 levels below your proposed minimum? Since they could be out of quests, do you suggest someone fight battles to gain the 15K or whatever in order to hit the "requirement"?

Simple solution is this: Either put up with what is allowed or change realms.


I don't see KI putting "level caps" per se on areas. I can see them and hope they do tie all rewards to the highest Spiral Key you hold. No picking up quests unless you have the Spiral Key to an area. If you don't have the Spiral Key to a world you don't get any pets, hats, wands, athames, rings or amulets from boss battles or street battles. Gold and XP would be the same as you get where you are currently questing. Dungeons and towers could give more gold and XP. I believe that would effectively end low level people actively farming upper level worlds and using them to leveling up faster.

Megan F

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
42
you get mad because a low level ruins your "big attack". there is a major difference with a low level trying their best and one low level making the battle harder on purpose. the thing is most grandmasters can't tell the difference between one that's trying to do their best and one that's ruining everything on purpose. they only see that low levels are just ruining the battles.also about the level cap, to enter dragonspyre if there is one it should be level 25 and up because i've been in dragonspyre during my adept levels and i can survive dragonspyre. going back to the calling noobs part , if you think you were never a noob and always a champion think back you every grand master used to be a "noob" a.k.a low level.so you shouldn't call low levels in dragonspyre or higer areas noobs because that makes everything worse. you may not even realize that was your real friend and you didn't know it was your friend because his name wasn't seeable then your friend tells you i'm your friend then you say no and your friend gets mad and removes you then when you see him/her again your best friend will not be happy. see calling people noobs because they ruin things does not make you feel better. it may but it doesn't solve anything. anger and aggressiveness doesn't solve anything.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
1
I totally agree with everyone there should be a 40 and up lvl cap on ds.
I hate when I am fighting anything on the streets for a quest and some
Lvl7 noob comes in on like your 100 health left and since I am fire I always load up for helephant then the noob uses like imp and then I die.
so what I did was anyone who was 34 and under I deleted unless we were friends in real life.

Lvl45 fire Jackdarkthorn :D :D :D

Survivor
Mar 24, 2010
12
Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
42
dragondueler66 wrote:
I totally agree with everyone there should be a 40 and up lvl cap on ds.
I hate when I am fighting anything on the streets for a quest and some
Lvl7 noob comes in on like your 100 health left and since I am fire I always load up for helephant then the noob uses like imp and then I die.
so what I did was anyone who was 34 and under I deleted unless we were friends in real life.

Lvl45 fire Jackdarkthorn :D :D :D
wow so what if one of them was a real friend that you didn't notice. that friend might login and find you removed him. did you see my post!?! that people are just being arrogant. they always are angry at the noobs for ruining the big spell when that is called being trap greedy. you hog up the traps then when the low level uses the trap you get all riled up because it resulted in you dieing. but what if they are going to heal you and they remove you! then when the "noob" dies or wins you get sent back for insulting the "noob" you must read my post i say under 15 should be if there is a level cap because journeymans can survive enough like me when i was a 15-20 level. there is one way to lose with a low level that can heal you and you insult them

Delver
Dec 26, 2009
243
dragondueler66 wrote:
I totally agree with everyone there should be a 40 and up lvl cap on ds.
I hate when I am fighting anything on the streets for a quest and some
Lvl7 noob comes in on like your 100 health left and since I am fire I always load up for helephant then the noob uses like imp and then I die.
so what I did was anyone who was 34 and under I deleted unless we were friends in real life.

Lvl45 fire Jackdarkthorn :D :D :D


True that a low level doesnt belong but are you being a little TOO harsh on these low levels. Nobody wants KI to lose customers.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
1
thank you! people should really like get text chat because they keep ruining everybodys plans! SERIOUSLY ask your guardians for text chat!!!!!
THX! : )

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
18
You know what? How about everyone stops complaining, sheesh! Its Kingsisle's decision, give them time to decide, and stop complaining! Its their choice to let lower level people to teleport to high places or not, you people just have to give Kingsisle some time!

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
39
daniel2bk i know what you mean but we really need the noobs not to do little attacks.

level 50 grand death stuent
Blaze Jadehammer

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
1
kaleeraisen wrote:
Angelocean wrote:
aeroflash wrote:
I agree with most of the comments on this because just the other day i was fighting a boss by myself and than one of my friends teleported and i was like "you better not take of my traps" and she was like i wasn't and she was gonna go after the key" and then two of her friends came and where level 5 text chat and they took away my traps with like cyclops and blood bat and i got so mad then because they where like "Did you see that i did so much damage!" when it was like 500 damage, When i could have done like 2k using Earthquake .

Jack BattleTamer, Level 42 myth 8)


I feel your pain


Amber N.= i do too. i saw a lvl twin tea eight person with a ianthine spectre! personnally i dont think he deserved it. lots of people farm that gurtok boss for WEEKS to MONTHS so its not fair that someone of a low lvl just pops in and gets what you deserve! its SO aggravating!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
those low lvls dont know what " so much damage is." at least until they get to a higher lvl.


im a low lvl but i totaly understand what you mean because my freind in real life is a lvl 49.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
12
just take out all low level freinds instead of arguing so much

Delver
Sep 01, 2009
268
I agree that something needs to change. It is really frustrating to be farming, and put a feint, two traps and two blades, put Woodwalker in hand, only to have a level 12 Life wizard cast Imp. REALLY? I like the idea that if you don't have the spiral key you cannot access a world. That would cut down on seriously low levels popping into Plaza, taking a 15 minute fight, and turning it into a half hour one. One thing I do-I won't heal them. If you are that stupid to port into DS and try and battle a boss with 10k health, you totally deserve whatever happens to you. My son even knows that he should stay in level appropriate worlds, simply because he wants to learn and not die. Heck, my son is a better player than some of the grands I know-he's polite, does not try to friend people just to trade or beg for mounts, equipment, gold or crowns, and he is extremely kind to other players.

I have a lot of low level players as friends, and I help them whenever I can. It's not all the low levels that are frustrating us, it's the usurpers, the ones who just take and take, and then beg and whine. That's annoying, and quite frankly, if KI does not do something about this problem, I think we will just cancel our membership next year when it runs out. The fact that so many players have issues with the EXACT same thing should tell KI that this is a real problem, and they need to address and change it, ASAP.

Erin Dawn Weaver Grand Life no I won't gift you a flipping HOUSE.