Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Final Word on Enchanted Treasure Card Trading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2009
TwinkleJinx wrote:
Regardless of how you try to justify that trading these cards is in the best interest of everyone who had done so, KI has stated that this was an OVERSIGHT and should never have been allowed in the game in the first place.

You are not going to talk them out of this change for that reason. It's not something they decided to remove for the sake of removing it, but something that should never have existed.

If trading enchanted cards was never supposed to happen in the first place then why did they take there sweet time dealing with it. i mean the game has been out since 2008 and they just got around to correcting the "mistake" in 2010. it doesn't seem like it was a very big priority to them. I mean look at how long it took them to investigate and fix the enhanced bosses and wings for gold glitch in that time along with putting out relatively useless updates .
So if they let this go on for the better part of 2 years and its not a big enough problem to change within that time frame and everyone is used to the function then the best option would be to let sleeping dogs lie.
Even if they felt it could use some restrictions the actions they took are so excessive that it is like killing a fly with a bazooka. Yes it can be done but it doesn't mean that it it should be done,

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I am mildly surprised that this post is still going, i still wish i could trade enchanted cards but now i guess its sorta dying down, now i just want to sell most of them or make a collection, after all now i have 5 pgs in a trade of non enchanted cards and 3 of enchanted ones.

Killing a fly with a bazooka???

errr........

that gave me a little laugh at 6 in the morning.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
People just except the change!!! It is what it is. Earn your enchanted cards. That is part of the game. I never made cards for others. People want certain cards then start a new character. Use crowns at the shop to buy cards or the bazaar. Play the game and enjoy...or just go play another game else where and complain to them about their game problems!!! WAH, WAH, WAH!!! Thousands of other games if you are not happy about KI's decision about the rules of w101.

Stop this thread!!!!

HUNTER IRONFIST 50 DEATH
46 LIFE
37 BALANCE
32 STORM, MYTH, FIRE
28 ICE

for some people, its not all about trading now, its how to get rid of the cards we dont want.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
sephiran7777 wrote:
i don't like this idea... in fact... i HATE this idea! i may just quit playing... I: i demand you fix it!

Cool down they're just trying to keep the game fair, and i think its about time at that.

Aaron FireStone lvl 49 Pyromancer

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Okay i must just be really slow or something. I read most of these messages and i still don't really get what has been changed. So lets say i beat some random bad guy and i get a ninja pig card. I don't do anything with the card no enhancments or changes or anything with it. Can i give that card to my friend or not? I never use treasure cards and you can't sell most of them for a very high price. So no trading any treasure cards or is it no crafting treasure cards and then giving them away?

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
I believe you have it right, Wolf. I guess you can take certain treasure cards and "enchant" them, turning them into high level treasure cards. I'm having trouble getting everything I need to complete the Dragonspyre crafting quests, so I don't get into crafting much.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Jai22 wrote:
TwinkleJinx wrote:
Regardless of how you try to justify that trading these cards is in the best interest of everyone who had done so, KI has stated that this was an OVERSIGHT and should never have been allowed in the game in the first place.

You are not going to talk them out of this change for that reason. It's not something they decided to remove for the sake of removing it, but something that should never have existed.

If trading enchanted cards was never supposed to happen in the first place then why did they take there sweet time dealing with it. i mean the game has been out since 2008 and they just got around to correcting the "mistake" in 2010. it doesn't seem like it was a very big priority to them. I mean look at how long it took them to investigate and fix the enhanced bosses and wings for gold glitch in that time along with putting out relatively useless updates .
So if they let this go on for the better part of 2 years and its not a big enough problem to change within that time frame and everyone is used to the function then the best option would be to let sleeping dogs lie.
Even if they felt it could use some restrictions the actions they took are so excessive that it is like killing a fly with a bazooka. Yes it can be done but it doesn't mean that it it should be done,

very very true. i'm sure ki was notified of this "oversight" way before this ridiculous ban. if they let it sit for that long... grr... see, if we weren't allowed to trade enchanted cards from the beginning, i probably would have said it was a good idea. and i say bringing it back is a good idea.

yes ki, permit drowsy canines to remain dormant. not that permitting things is high on your list. no parentheses, no trading enchanted tcs, etc etc ETC. so it actually does seem like they just woke up and said "i'll ban enchanted tc trading today" and then desperately wracked their brains to come up with some vague "justification" so people would buy it. looks like it only partially worked.

so yes, less drastic measures (already gone over at length, but here's a recap: banning cards in the arena, using level restrictions to influence when people could get the cards, doing this and then letting us sell the cards to elik) would have sufficed. this called for nothing in my opinion, maybe just some flypaper.

don't worry folks; ki wouldn't hurt a fly.
its nerves wouldn't have time to send the pain signal.
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
boom.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
SoxKid wrote:
i like it, and all of you who hate the "idea", well here's the thing its not an idea, it is a problem that will be fixed, and no amount of crying will change that. i am sick of playing PvP now, because too many people use wildolts, who arent storm, or are using certain healing spells that arent life wizards. i also agree with the quote "When everyone's Super, no one is" by syndrome. so get ready for the change

heh... heh heh heh... HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

be very careful how you phrase things... but you're right. this ban IS a problem. :P

and there you guys go using pvp again!!!! honestly. just ban the cards in pvp, and there you go.

ps: you misspelled "wildbolt"

pps: using a quote from the main VILLAIN is, as i think someone already brought up, not going to make a good impression. you agree with the bad guys! or at least seem to.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2009
So ...then what is the point of enchanted cards if you can't trade them? I guess i am one of the people not happy with the change. But still ... if you can't trade enchanted cards... then why have them ? :?

Survivor
May 16, 2009
rozovoeushko wrote:

ICE IS THE LAMEST SCHOOL

hey

i don't have a single grandmaster and i am very close and its on ice
my ice i just wanna say ice is not lame and i feel very insulted that
propably my only grandmaster would be considered LAME

o well i shouldn't take it to heart sry i got of topic

anyways it seems like that its not enchanted trading thats the probolem
but use in pvp so just ban it from pvp

ps another problem i see is amulets i'm mean really
in my early days of wizard101, i wanted a helephant or a wraith amulet

then it was all crushed when i found it was for the school only
so the best amulet for me is colossus which i already get from my pet
it takes the entire point of the amulet away and why get the
amulet for a spell you have

stronger... well you get it it from you lvl 48 pet (with the exeption of myth)
so basicly no point of an amulet after level 35 hydra and also why do you
have to be level 40 to get tower when ice gets it at level 16

just some thoughts

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
I think this isn't a very good idea, Some people might want to try out other schools level 48 spells but block things like wild bolt, regenerate, etc.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009

OK I can deal with no trading of enchanted treasure cards,what about mutated cards?fire elf to storm elf,and snowman to a stormsnowman the only schools that can make those cards are fire/ice schools,why cant storm make a fire kraken or life make a ice centor.

Could other schools have mutate cards as well? but only up to mid range spells and no higher then that.

thank you
m redblood death

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
Personally, thank you. I still remember giving a storm lord to a level 5 just to be nice. i friended him, to be nice. then for the next week and a half, he fallowed me around asking for more of them. that is, until i remembered a very useful remove button and switch realms button. now i don't have to worry about anyone asking for my cards, cause 50 gold wasted everytime you give a card, it adds up. trust me on that.

on the other hand, when ever i meet a friend of a friend i usually give them a storm lord or kraken or something to start off right. then again, giving people stuff probably isn't he road to a "healthy" friendship.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
If we can't trade enchanted treasure cards, so our selection of cards from other schools is limited, then why can the various monsters throw out spells from any school they feel like, rather than being limited to their own school, and perhaps one or two more. Same as a wizard who has a second and third school? Some monsters do more multi school spelling than others, but we all know we have seen it. It gives them an advantage... and handicaps the wizard.