Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Final Word on Enchanted Treasure Card Trading

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 07, 2009
109
JANAN271 wrote:
I'm new to this please explain how to draw treasure cards? Also my draw is never lite up when i play. Please help!

Esmee Icemancer


You have to have treasure cards in your side board. During a duel, right click on a card you dont think you'll need to use. Then the draw button will be lit up. Left click draw and a treasure will appear in the empty space.
Not good at explaining hope this helps.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
109
People just except the change!!! It is what it is. Earn your enchanted cards. That is part of the game. I never made cards for others. People want certain cards then start a new character. Use crowns at the shop to buy cards or the bazaar. Play the game and enjoy...or just go play another game else where and complain to them about their game problems!!! WAH, WAH, WAH!!! Thousands of other games if you are not happy about KI's decision about the rules of w101.

Stop this thread!!!!

HUNTER IRONFIST 50 DEATH
46 LIFE
37 BALANCE
32 STORM, MYTH, FIRE
28 ICE

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
28
I know rite. Some people are such drama queens. :|

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
I think you have failed miserably to fix the problem. So what if we as players can not make cards for our friends anymore, guess what, all we do is go to the bazaar and purchase other school's cards from it and still stuff our decks, and this is expecially true when dealing with the new quest and towers you have just introduced. The players just say no problem, we will all purchase quench and the cards of other schools that we need to own the quest. If you fixed it so we could not buy such cards from the card shop and bazaar due to class restrictions, we would still buy a ton of the cards and trade them with each other cause even though you made the cards we make untradeable, you failed to make the cards we buy and find untradeable. In short, your attempt to fix things has fallen way short of changing anything at all so far.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
62
seasnake wrote:
I think you have failed miserably to fix the problem. So what if we as players can not make cards for our friends anymore, guess what, all we do is go to the bazaar and purchase other school's cards from it and still stuff our decks, and this is expecially true when dealing with the new quest and towers you have just introduced. The players just say no problem, we will all purchase quench and the cards of other schools that we need to own the quest. If you fixed it so we could not buy such cards from the card shop and bazaar due to class restrictions, we would still buy a ton of the cards and trade them with each other cause even though you made the cards we make untradeable, you failed to make the cards we buy and find untradeable. In short, your attempt to fix things has fallen way short of changing anything at all so far.


Hi,
I think you have failed miserably to understand the logic of KingsIsle, which, coincidentally, probably a lot better than yours. Would you say that, before the update, it was easier to get an enchanted Wraith or to get a real Wraith treasure card (the kind that can be sold in the Bazaar)? It's still just as difficult to get "real" treasure cards; in fact, it's close to impossible to get ones that are actually good, aka the ones that were causing problems with enchanted treasure card trading. As far as I know, there are no "real" Wild Bolt treasure cards; that's a HUGE problem that was solved. In short, it's MUCH more difficult to get good cards to trade now than it was before; it's not completely eliminated, but you have to work exponentially harder to achieve the same results.
Best regards,
Jacob Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
940
seasnake wrote:
I think you have failed miserably to fix the problem. So what if we as players can not make cards for our friends anymore, guess what, all we do is go to the bazaar and purchase other school's cards from it and still stuff our decks, and this is expecially true when dealing with the new quest and towers you have just introduced. The players just say no problem, we will all purchase quench and the cards of other schools that we need to own the quest. If you fixed it so we could not buy such cards from the card shop and bazaar due to class restrictions, we would still buy a ton of the cards and trade them with each other cause even though you made the cards we make untradeable, you failed to make the cards we buy and find untradeable. In short, your attempt to fix things has fallen way short of changing anything at all so far.


Sorry, but that's not true. Treasure cards that you can buy are from spells that you can learn from teachers or trainers. Feel free to try and find a buyable treasure card that is school-specific.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
73
well.... I might make enchanted cards of my own school to enchant my deck stratagy a little. I am glad for the expanation and thank you for explaning. Even though I will miss using Orthrus ....

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
8
hmssnowdrop wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
um. yeah. this idea IS SO BAD!!!!!

your point, that doing this lets novices get lvl 48 cards, um tell me: WHY would a Master or Grandmaster give their best card to a novice anyway?!?! like you said, they'll share it with their "buddies", and the amount of high-level players that have under-lvl-20 friends is infinitesimal. people tend to group together with their level range.

also, there are those that, um, actually dont intend to use the cards in the arena! shocking!

and all you have to do is ban enchanted cards in the arena, say by, um, jettisoning them from the players' decks until they leave.

additionally, many people who go the the "black market" to sell demand high prices for powerful cards. want a wildbolt? fork over a minotaur or pheonix or, um, something like that.

this decision has completely put me out of business, along with a few, um, tens of thousands others. gonna repossess my dorm next? after all, no income.

and under your whole "class" thing, the point of treasure cards was to let people have access to other-school spells. this new action defeats the entire point.

your "last word" was far from. this debate will rage on.
the least you could do was let us express opinions about this BEFORE the action, to get both sides.

and for your "i hope you'll understand"? we DON'T.

and "in your eyes" doesn't mean "in the players' eyes"

please consider our side. the whining "a novice used wildbolt" side, in MY eyes, seem bitter that they were beaten to this. see how the whole "in *****'s eyes" works?














REVERSE THE CHANGE!!!!!!


A master or grandmaster may give cards to a novice because of the cheapness of enchantments cards, and how fast is is to make cards.
O, and how about you go and fight a novice with twenty tower shields, loads of satyr spells, and about ninety wildbolts? Go ahead and beat them, buddy. Let's see your rank after those matches.
Don't say: 'we', say you and others don't. I agree 100%
Also, after hundreds of hours of work, wouldn't you feel bad if after all that work, it was all wasted?
How many people did you demand fork over their hard-earned spells? That was just a business where you made cheap cards. Go out and earn the cards.



First off a novice can still USE satyrs and tower shield treasure cards, as they are still purchasable at the bazaar, also we say that banning the TRADING of treasure cards wasn't the problem it was the misuse of the enchanted cards in the ARENA that was the problem. This statement was in part of the debate that was over and it was some were in the middle and you are taking it out of context.The last thing I'll say is FoxFyr RARELY uses treasure cards and highly dislikes the arena and barely fights there ( trust me on that) ,he only trades them to people with people who wanted the treasure cards.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
8
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
People just except the change!!! It is what it is. Earn your enchanted cards. That is part of the game. I never made cards for others. People want certain cards then start a new character. Use crowns at the shop to buy cards or the bazaar. Play the game and enjoy...or just go play another game else where and complain to them about their game problems!!! WAH, WAH, WAH!!! Thousands of other games if you are not happy about KI's decision about the rules of w101.

Stop this thread!!!!

HUNTER IRONFIST 50 DEATH
46 LIFE
37 BALANCE
32 STORM, MYTH, FIRE
28 ICE



WOW I haven't seen you since page 3 . First off how exactly would we EARN enchanted cards when they are created with enchantment cards ,not gotten through game play. Also if you mean earn the actual spell by this, as you know some spells are exclusive and you can't get them, and sometimes a one time usage would help your character, so enchanted cards help in these situations. The last thing is it is hard to train up a new character and would be annoying, for one spell that you can"t even give to the character who needs it. So we won't stop the thread until KI will listen to reason.

P.S. I do still love wizard 101 and will keep playing, it's just this seems to be a rule that doesn't have good reasoning.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
62
lizardlord wrote:
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
People just except the change!!! It is what it is. Earn your enchanted cards. That is part of the game. I never made cards for others. People want certain cards then start a new character. Use crowns at the shop to buy cards or the bazaar. Play the game and enjoy...or just go play another game else where and complain to them about their game problems!!! WAH, WAH, WAH!!! Thousands of other games if you are not happy about KI's decision about the rules of w101.

Stop this thread!!!!

HUNTER IRONFIST 50 DEATH
46 LIFE
37 BALANCE
32 STORM, MYTH, FIRE
28 ICE



WOW I haven't seen you since page 3 . First off how exactly would we EARN enchanted cards when they are created with enchantment cards ,not gotten through game play. Also if you mean earn the actual spell by this, as you know some spells are exclusive and you can't get them, and sometimes a one time usage would help your character, so enchanted cards help in these situations. The last thing is it is hard to train up a new character and would be annoying, for one spell that you can"t even give to the character who needs it. So we won't stop the thread until KI will listen to reason.

P.S. I do still love wizard 101 and will keep playing, it's just this seems to be a rule that doesn't have good reasoning.


Alright, I'm really almost at the end of my rope here. I'm fairly sure you knew that he actually meant to type "earn your treasure cards" rather than "enchanted cards": you're not that dull, from what I can tell. And the point of exclusive spells is - what do you know? - being exclusive! What a surprise! A Fire wizard was never supposed to be able to use Scarecrow, and therefore should never need to. The bottom line is this: NO CHARACTER NEEDS ENCHANTED TREASURE CARDS TO COMPLETE THE GAME. Before you bring up Balance, I'm going to suggest in advance that Balance players should almost always play in teams; it's the weakest school, in my opinion. And it's not KingsIsle that isn't listening to reason; it's you.
Jacob Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
50
This thread really should be closed. People are just arguing, and nothing is gained. KI probably won't reverse the change, and really, enchanted cards aren't needed. Why do you think your school has spells? So you can complete the game. Why do you have training points? So the game is even easier, but more enjoyable. This was a good change, so now we can feel better about our own schools and how we have special spells.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
4
i just want to say that i love this game and the way that you have to play it.
it is a very challanging game that is both fun and hard as well as easy,
yes you have to choose a school and try to get through it,
yes you have to spend hours and hours to find regents to craft,
yes you have to use treasure cards,
no you can't trade outfits with other players,
what i am trying to say is that this is realy a great game to enhance your mind because you have to think and plan. but arent all games.
also on a diffrent note to all the people that are complaining about how hard it is to find regents, just keep looking and you will find them.

i have been playing this game four months and allready through it without cheating or using a cheat engine.

now hurry up and open celestia!!!!!!!
thank you so munch for a perfect game, wolf wildtail grandmaster pyromancr.


Survivor
May 09, 2010
2
Defender
Jan 08, 2010
104
"When everyone's Super, then no one is."

thats completely true. if one can use all of these unique cards it makes the game easy (way too easy) and unfair in pvp. ok i was fighting a lvl 1. he had level 48 spells and just destroyed me. like my myth person has a bunch of cards like that. BUT, i never use them under any circumstances in pvp. its just cheating.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
94
The enchanted cards they removed are those that require school quests to acquire. These are what make your school abilities unique.
Why would they allow just anyone to have them?

There are a few posts here condemning KI for the change, but this was an issue that was 'game breaking'. It took the premise of school choice and leveling out of the picture, which changes the nature of the game itself.

You can still buy the higher spell cards or get them through chests. What you can no longer do is help yourself to quest cards.


Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
8
ok so KI this is prob one of the best MISTAKES you have ever made....... i'm sry to tell you this but (IT WAS ONLY A PROBLEM IN THE ARENA) why would you take away trading cards for the story line stuff. This is what i would do, 1. MAKE PEOPLE NOT BE ABLE TO USE TREASURE CARDS IN PVP 2. let people be able to trade any card to each other for the story line stuff (pvm) Just to say this is a big problem for lower lvl wizards completing quests and don't care about pvp at all. and btw y the word trading means you can trade anything so maybe you can pass a clothing trade thing but make things like NO auction stuff be like stuff therefore stuff would be like NO TRADE :D


Ethan Shadowbringer lvl48 fire wizard (private)
Ethan Legendeyes lvl42 balance wizard (warlord of course)

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
399
hmssnowdrop wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
um. yeah. this idea IS SO BAD!!!!!

your point, that doing this lets novices get lvl 48 cards, um tell me: WHY would a Master or Grandmaster give their best card to a novice anyway?!?! like you said, they'll share it with their "buddies", and the amount of high-level players that have under-lvl-20 friends is infinitesimal. people tend to group together with their level range.

also, there are those that, um, actually dont intend to use the cards in the arena! shocking!

and all you have to do is ban enchanted cards in the arena, say by, um, jettisoning them from the players' decks until they leave.

additionally, many people who go the the "black market" to sell demand high prices for powerful cards. want a wildbolt? fork over a minotaur or pheonix or, um, something like that.

this decision has completely put me out of business, along with a few, um, tens of thousands others. gonna repossess my dorm next? after all, no income.

and under your whole "class" thing, the point of treasure cards was to let people have access to other-school spells. this new action defeats the entire point.

your "last word" was far from. this debate will rage on.
the least you could do was let us express opinions about this BEFORE the action, to get both sides.

and for your "i hope you'll understand"? we DON'T.

and "in your eyes" doesn't mean "in the players' eyes"

please consider our side. the whining "a novice used wildbolt" side, in MY eyes, seem bitter that they were beaten to this. see how the whole "in *****'s eyes" works?














REVERSE THE CHANGE!!!!!!


A master or grandmaster may give cards to a novice because of the cheapness of enchantments cards, and how fast is is to make cards.
O, and how about you go and fight a novice with twenty tower shields, loads of satyr spells, and about ninety wildbolts? Go ahead and beat them, buddy. Let's see your rank after those matches.
Don't say: 'we', say you and others don't. I agree 100%
Also, after hundreds of hours of work, wouldn't you feel bad if after all that work, it was all wasted?
How many people did you demand fork over their hard-earned spells? That was just a business where you made cheap cards. Go out and earn the cards.


dude, read the rest of lizardlord's and my posts.

first off, YOU (the supprters of this ban in general) HAVE YET AGAIN USED PVP AS AN EXCUSE FOR KI. i have already said that a ban on using the enchanted cards in the arena would have sufficed.

next, TOWER SHIELD CANNOT BE ENCHANTED, AND PEOPLE CAN GET NORMAL SATYR CARDS FROM THE LIBRARY. library satyrs heal more damage.

ok third, PLAYERS OF THE OLD TCBM HAD TO GET CARDS TO TRADE WITH. i often forked over multiple cards to get one card i wanted (think about someone giving a judgement, a blast, and a skel pirate to get one quake). besides, tcbm players had to earn what they offered.

fourth - NO NOVICE DECK CAN HOLD MORE THAN 5 TCS. fight a novice with that many tower shields and satyrs and bolts? they can't HAVE that many. a level 42 (that's me) can win easily. hello, wicked higher ranking.

subject #5: MASTERS AND GMS HAD NO REAL REASON TO GIVE THE CARDS. that was a personal choice, and you really should respect that.

six: GIVING SOMEONE A CARD THAT YOU EARNED DOES NOT WASTE THE EFFORT. in fact, it's the opposite effect, confirming that this card is yours to cast at any time forever. sort of like showing off, but being nice about it ("i've got an awesome card now, here's a sample").

now try to see it from our perspective (believe me, i've tried to agree... then i see gaping flaws :D)

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
44
Thank God!

This swapping of cards is the exact reason I stopped playing the arena. Too many bolts and too many beguile for my tast even at low percentage a regular Balance, Fire or Death cannot compete.

Maybe I go back, but I doubt it. I have 4 Grandmasters:
Balance, Fire, Death & Life. Working on Storm and Myth until Celestia comes.

Thanks!

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
399
TwinkleJinx wrote:
The enchanted cards they removed are those that require school quests to acquire. These are what make your school abilities unique.
Why would they allow just anyone to have them?

There are a few posts here condemning KI for the change, but this was an issue that was 'game breaking'. It took the premise of school choice and leveling out of the picture, which changes the nature of the game itself.

You can still buy the higher spell cards or get them through chests. What you can no longer do is help yourself to quest cards.



what are you talking about, man?

a: very few people are going to hand over cards for no reason, so you can't "help yourself". usually, people give cards to their friends, to help them. being NICE.

and b: this does not take "school choice and leveling out of the picture". as all tcs, enchanted cards can only be used ONCE. and how many times do you think a level 48+ will put up with a novice begging for cards? mm hmm, they are gonna get fed up, in my case pretty quickly, probably in millions of other cases too.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
399
mythomagic6 wrote:
lizardlord wrote:
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
People just except the change!!! It is what it is. Earn your enchanted cards. That is part of the game. I never made cards for others. People want certain cards then start a new character. Use crowns at the shop to buy cards or the bazaar. Play the game and enjoy...or just go play another game else where and complain to them about their game problems!!! WAH, WAH, WAH!!! Thousands of other games if you are not happy about KI's decision about the rules of w101.

Stop this thread!!!!

HUNTER IRONFIST 50 DEATH
46 LIFE
37 BALANCE
32 STORM, MYTH, FIRE
28 ICE



WOW I haven't seen you since page 3 . First off how exactly would we EARN enchanted cards when they are created with enchantment cards ,not gotten through game play. Also if you mean earn the actual spell by this, as you know some spells are exclusive and you can't get them, and sometimes a one time usage would help your character, so enchanted cards help in these situations. The last thing is it is hard to train up a new character and would be annoying, for one spell that you can"t even give to the character who needs it. So we won't stop the thread until KI will listen to reason.

P.S. I do still love wizard 101 and will keep playing, it's just this seems to be a rule that doesn't have good reasoning.


Alright, I'm really almost at the end of my rope here. I'm fairly sure you knew that he actually meant to type "earn your treasure cards" rather than "enchanted cards": you're not that dull, from what I can tell. And the point of exclusive spells is - what do you know? - being exclusive! What a surprise! A Fire wizard was never supposed to be able to use Scarecrow, and therefore should never need to. The bottom line is this: NO CHARACTER NEEDS ENCHANTED TREASURE CARDS TO COMPLETE THE GAME. Before you bring up Balance, I'm going to suggest in advance that Balance players should almost always play in teams; it's the weakest school, in my opinion. And it's not KingsIsle that isn't listening to reason; it's you.
Jacob Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer


all right, i'm even closer to the end of my rope than you are to the end of yours.

first off, we have already confirmed that it's a bad idea to use condescending sarcasm, it makes you come of as someone who doesn't respect others.

second, and this is something i have gone over many times before, SOMETIMES WE NEED OTHER SCHOOLS. even with secondary schools, there are going to be situations that almost require a school you don't have.

third, you continue to call balance weak; you have already told us that your opinion of it is poor, now stop it. it really doesn't help your argument.

ok fourth, i'd like to see any new arguments ki has, now that the original post has been so utterly vivisected. IF they have any. by contrast, we have offered about a dozen things that could have been done instead, or can be done now. i find it highly unlikely that more than half seem unsensible.

next, a fire wizard never had to be able to have a secondary school - but how come no one brings that up (in no way am i suggesting that training points should be nonexistant, and if anyone takes it out of context, i am swooping down like a HAWK)? no, it's only the single-use yet slightly more powerful stuff that gets people. what's the deal? whoever uses it either owns the card in question, or is gonna run out in due course.

now read this, read all the posts that others who do not support the ban make, read the posts from the ban's supporters, and ask yourself: who makes more convincing arguments?

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
399
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
People just except the change!!! It is what it is. Earn your enchanted cards. That is part of the game. I never made cards for others. People want certain cards then start a new character. Use crowns at the shop to buy cards or the bazaar. Play the game and enjoy...or just go play another game else where and complain to them about their game problems!!! WAH, WAH, WAH!!! Thousands of other games if you are not happy about KI's decision about the rules of w101.

Stop this thread!!!!

HUNTER IRONFIST 50 DEATH
46 LIFE
37 BALANCE
32 STORM, MYTH, FIRE
28 ICE


what? are you seriously telling me to leave the game? get real, none of us are going to, we'll be thorns in ki's side for a long time to come.

the reason being, of course, that despite ki's original post, there was no good rationale for this, as numerous other, less drastic changes would have sufficed. i don't care if that post came from a divine entity (of which, oddly, there seems to be in the game... i always seem to have a convenient form of spectral spells when i cast it, so it likes me :P), the concept is not a good one. i'm not going to even post any ideas here, they all have been posted in other pages. read.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
62
FoxFyr wrote:
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
People just except the change!!! It is what it is. Earn your enchanted cards. That is part of the game. I never made cards for others. People want certain cards then start a new character. Use crowns at the shop to buy cards or the bazaar. Play the game and enjoy...or just go play another game else where and complain to them about their game problems!!! WAH, WAH, WAH!!! Thousands of other games if you are not happy about KI's decision about the rules of w101.

Stop this thread!!!!

HUNTER IRONFIST 50 DEATH
46 LIFE
37 BALANCE
32 STORM, MYTH, FIRE
28 ICE


what? are you seriously telling me to leave the game? get real, none of us are going to, we'll be thorns in ki's side for a long time to come.

the reason being, of course, that despite ki's original post, there was no good rationale for this, as numerous other, less drastic changes would have sufficed. i don't care if that post came from a divine entity (of which, oddly, there seems to be in the game... i always seem to have a convenient form of spectral spells when i cast it, so it likes me :P), the concept is not a good one. i'm not going to even post any ideas here, they all have been posted in other pages. read.


Hello again FoxFyr,
Do you really think that KingsIsle is going to care what you and your little friends are going to do? This is an issue that they are very adamant about; players were never intended to be able to trade these cards, and it caused problems: they're just correcting these problems. Absolutely nothing you say or do will make them change their minds about it, unless you somehow manage to convince huge amounts of people to quit the game. Look at it this way; if you don't accept the change, you're going to be unhappy for a very long time.
Jacob Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
399
mythomagic6 wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
People just except the change!!! It is what it is. Earn your enchanted cards. That is part of the game. I never made cards for others. People want certain cards then start a new character. Use crowns at the shop to buy cards or the bazaar. Play the game and enjoy...or just go play another game else where and complain to them about their game problems!!! WAH, WAH, WAH!!! Thousands of other games if you are not happy about KI's decision about the rules of w101.

Stop this thread!!!!

HUNTER IRONFIST 50 DEATH
46 LIFE
37 BALANCE
32 STORM, MYTH, FIRE
28 ICE


what? are you seriously telling me to leave the game? get real, none of us are going to, we'll be thorns in ki's side for a long time to come.

the reason being, of course, that despite ki's original post, there was no good rationale for this, as numerous other, less drastic changes would have sufficed. i don't care if that post came from a divine entity (of which, oddly, there seems to be in the game... i always seem to have a convenient form of spectral spells when i cast it, so it likes me :P), the concept is not a good one. i'm not going to even post any ideas here, they all have been posted in other pages. read.


Hello again FoxFyr,
Do you really think that KingsIsle is going to care what you and your little friends are going to do? This is an issue that they are very adamant about; players were never intended to be able to trade these cards, and it caused problems: they're just correcting these problems. Absolutely nothing you say or do will make them change their minds about it, unless you somehow manage to convince huge amounts of people to quit the game. Look at it this way; if you don't accept the change, you're going to be unhappy for a very long time.
Jacob Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer


well ki can be adamant all they want, they're still wrong (and i'm even more adamant). and what do you think i'm doing on this thread, besides convincing people this is a bad idea? and i'm not going to be unhappy; this is an awesome game. it was just a bit more so when you could share the cards you earned with friends.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
28
Thanks J.Todd Coleman and everyone at Wizard101. I just loved it when that one guy said: "Hey, wanna see something cool? I mean, cool?" Then he just opens the door to Wizard101, I just love the game. And when I was little, I really did wanna create a game JUST like Wizard101, and I hope to work and Kingsisle one day. lol, I Didnt even know about this problem, but I can understand its a big one.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
94
Regardless of how you try to justify that trading these cards is in the best interest of everyone who had done so, KI has stated that this was an OVERSIGHT and should never have been allowed in the game in the first place.

You are not going to talk them out of this change for that reason. It's not something they decided to remove for the sake of removing it, but something that should never have existed.