Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 11, 2009
Well I am sorry but to me the pet hatching is a bust why? because having to pay 50,000-80,000 gold is ridiculous and alot of us do not have that plus to lvl a pet does take way too long......I was thinking why not let the pets help us fight and gain xp that way also.
I was hoping that the price of hatching will be lowered to be more benefical, and for rare I have tried 3 times and got the same pet with same stats, tried twice with wife and we got nothing exciting.
If we have to pay 80,000 gold then we should get a rare, paying 1,000-10,000 for a common etc would work also.
I am not rich so having to make money through game or even the store is almost non existant for us.
Please lower things and make it more enjoyable.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
i found out about a pet you can get by hatching a stormzilla and a hydra,
its called a Leviathan and its like a solid purple hydra. If anyone has one, i wonder if i could friend you and you could come show me it?

~Chris Griffinhaven, Advisor of Krokenkahmen~

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Wow! There are 8 pages of posts and all of them unhappy people, so let me add one more.... HUGE let down, Way too much time and money for pets. I spent who knows how much time trying to level up pets just to breed them, thinking the bigger the pet the better the egg right? NOT! All we got were VERY expensive duplicates. My daughter was soooo looking forward to this expansion. My advice to all the frustrated peeps out there... go back to the basics and forget the pets, at least until KI fixes these issues.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I am also disappointed in the pet system. The gold and time spent advancing pets isn't worth it. My current goal is to breed something useful to me using my Defender Pig as a base. I haven't had much luck that I've seen, but I've only recently hatched my first pet. The gold prices are still a bit too high, and the time and pet experience points required are still much higher than they should be, but aside from that, I'm having fun with the game.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
ajsvid wrote:
ROFL (at myself).... So. I finally decided to try to hatch a pet. Decided to use a Crimsonzilla and an Earthwalker. Cost me over 106k gold, which I had to partially buy crowns, and sell stuff to get enough. I ended up with another Crimsonzilla, same stats. Complete waste of time and money.
https://www.wizard101.com/game/announcements/2010march24
I believe this is where most of us have gotten our false hopes with how the hatching process was going to turn out.
"Coming this spring, players will have the opportunity to hatch customized pets from millions of potential combinations"
LOL. Good one, KI. Ya got me this time....
And only through researching fansites did I find out the answer to the big question EVERY one seems to be wondering: "How do I get a hybrid LOOKING pet (as well as hybrid stats)?!?!?"
such as an orthrus with lightning stripes etc. etc. You fail to tell us anywhere this crucial piece of information.
And honestly, KI, if you are going to charge as much gold as you do for crossing "rare" pets, you need to give us a preview of stats and appearance.
Pet Derby: meh...
the leveling process: meh...
terribly slow pet energy refill? Sheesh. Put some green pet energy wisps in Commons, then.
Big old thumbs down on this endeavour, KI....

Tell me about it....

When i finally got my ice colossus to an adult, I was super eager to hatch a cool new pet. I walk in the hatchery just to find out that it costs 50000 gold to do (which is better than before they changed it, but still ridiculous). my character had 40000 so i sold some stuff and got 10000 more, thinking that if it costed this much to hatch, it probably was worth it (boy was I wrong). It took awhile to find the right combo but i finally found a death grandmaster with a wraith to hacth with. Ive seen the dark colosuss and the ice wraith, and thought it would be cool to get one of those. I went and hatched an egg, and i didnt know what it was gonna be. I waited till the next day and what did i find? A SECOND ICE COLOSSUS!!!! I tried selling it but it would only sell for 400 gold so i kept it at my house. I was so upset i didnt play for 2 weeks. Why are we paying the price of a nice house for something that is just gonna give us a second pet that we already had? Im losing my faith in these updates and am requesting that KI either change how much it costs or make it so we get something we didnt start out with. Does anyone even read these?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I was breeding a helephant and a firezilla and I got the egg it was supposed to hatch in 4 min. 56 sec. When it was supposed to hatch, I got a message saying I just hatched a pet but when I checked my bag nothing was there. Plus, it took my gold :(

Explorer
Nov 12, 2009
I think you should hatch a White Rat Magician with a hydra and get a three headed rat.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I agree that they should lower the prices, I mean, who wants to pay 47000 gold for the same pet. I know from experience because I bread a stormzilla and a firezilla. I thought I was going to get fatezilla like other people did. Instead, I got my fourth firezilla.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
In deed hatching pet is too much asking. The prize is to high for the result.
But anyhow did someone mixt a pioneer dragon whit something cause i'll maybe want to try it but for the cost and the result iam still not sure.

Kayla and Miss Sugar

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
merlin356-"sometimes i cant get any rare pets like crabling not even through hatching"u can only get the crabling from the crazed woodwalker and jikiru or something in ancient burial grounds.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose

I Have hatched several pets and have never made a new species how does this work?!?

Also i agree that hatching prices are way too High and should be lowered to the thousands. :-)

Thx!
Caitlin (Super awesome girl )

Lvl 36

Magus Balance
Believing IS Consieving!

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
i hatched hybrid but it came out as a helephant!

plz plz send me the war oni hybrid plz kingsile plz.P.S. you can take my baby

helephant :(

lv.50 fire wizard joseph strongshield

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
I actually think the prices are fair, i mean really it was more then 50,000 before the update and you guys really want it to go lower? isn't that asking a little bit too much? So i think the prices are fair imo.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
For quite awhile now I have not participated pets. It was not the cost, which I actually found reasonable, but the disappointing results. The pet leveling system is horrendous; I was really looking forward to taking my pet into combat, even sharing/dividing my exp, not launching it from a cannon for two hours a day. Also, rare pets do not provide any stellar improvements over the basic ones. I have 5 lvl48 pets that give me the 5% pip boost and that is good enough. I’m not wasting my time with this. The game itself is still fun to play. I just pretend the pet expansion never happened. I didn’t bother to do the initial pet quest on some of my characters. It is hard to please everyone.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
To hatch pets is still expensive not having any idea what you will get. Where is our, say 25%, chance of getting a hybrid? I've tried 11 times to get a Tempest pet, wraith/stormzilla combo, finally did get one! That, to me, is an unreasonable amount of tries for a hybrid. Also, when you're hatching, do you really want another school pet that you already have? Perhaps it should be you either get: a pet like the other that you're hatching with, or one of the 2 possible hybrids. Also, a friend had an idea that I'd like to share. Prices start at say 20,000 gold to hatch, adding costs for the talents you'd like to receive, cost based on how rare the talent is, for example, add 5000 for pips, 5000 for accuracy, 5000 for power, 10000 for all school shield, etc. At level 48, who wants to receive the mana talent, or storm accuracy on a death pet?
Destiny, lvl 49 necro (1 of my 12 wizards)

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Hey, i was wondering how do i get the stormzilla pet/ card if i am a death wizard. I really want the pet and the card so do i have to hatch with another pet to get it or do i buy it somewhere. THANKS

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
Moribund wrote:
For quite awhile now I have not participated pets. It was not the cost, which I actually found reasonable, but the disappointing results. The pet leveling system is horrendous; I was really looking forward to taking my pet into combat, even sharing/dividing my exp, not launching it from a cannon for two hours a day. Also, rare pets do not provide any stellar improvements over the basic ones. I have 5 lvl48 pets that give me the 5% pip boost and that is good enough. I’m not wasting my time with this. The game itself is still fun to play. I just pretend the pet expansion never happened. I didn’t bother to do the initial pet quest on some of my characters. It is hard to please everyone.

I was like this as well for some time. But one day, I thought I would level up my Helephant to Teen (easy to get to). Low and behold it's new talent gave me 1% fire damage. Sweet deal for my fire wizard, It is now at level Ancient and gives me 5% pip chance and 5% fire damage. I can't wait to see what new talent I may get at level Epic...though I have to wait because that level takes WAY TOO LONG to reach...

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
RobertHunt205 wrote:
Killa567 wrote:
I was really looking forward to the advanced pet expansion, especially the hatchery. HOWEVER, after spending countless times feeding my pet and playing mini-games just so I can make it qualify, I find that it costs 80000 gold to hatch. This made outraged me. For one thing, I spent maybe an hour of nothing but mini-games, spending crowns for potions and such. And now I have found that I have completley wasted my time, since finding that quantity of gold is pretty much impossible. I demand this price to be lowered drasticly or to be completley removed. The constant spending of gold and crowns at random times just kills the fun out of the whole expansion.

Amen, and I totally agree. I do not think that getting a rare should be "easy", but half a month of playing and at the rate of drop that happens in this game. Then to buy a house. Price is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY to high. Besides that, I do not see why a pet should cost more than 50 houses. or even more than one at that. Not to say that people are going to do more than one breed for a pet to get variations. Then the training, You cannot trade them. You cannot trade foods to get the best for the pet you have.

WE NEED TO BAN TOGETHER AS PARENTS AND PLAYERS TO GET THIS SET TO A MORE FAIR AMOUNT.

This is Rediculous.
thats what im saying

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
androe2 wrote:
RobertHunt205 wrote:
Killa567 wrote:
I was really looking forward to the advanced pet expansion, especially the hatchery. HOWEVER, after spending countless times feeding my pet and playing mini-games just so I can make it qualify, I find that it costs 80000 gold to hatch. This made outraged me. For one thing, I spent maybe an hour of nothing but mini-games, spending crowns for potions and such. And now I have found that I have completley wasted my time, since finding that quantity of gold is pretty much impossible. I demand this price to be lowered drasticly or to be completley removed. The constant spending of gold and crowns at random times just kills the fun out of the whole expansion.

Amen, and I totally agree. I do not think that getting a rare should be "easy", but half a month of playing and at the rate of drop that happens in this game. Then to buy a house. Price is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY to high. Besides that, I do not see why a pet should cost more than 50 houses. or even more than one at that. Not to say that people are going to do more than one breed for a pet to get variations. Then the training, You cannot trade them. You cannot trade foods to get the best for the pet you have.

WE NEED TO BAN TOGETHER AS PARENTS AND PLAYERS TO GET THIS SET TO A MORE FAIR AMOUNT.

This is Rediculous.
thats what im saying
you hit it right on the head!!! I AGREE 100%

Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
Back to rare pets hatching.

Some of my friends and me, all have pioneer dragons.
We restarted playing wizard 2 months ago.
And in the beta , pet hatching wusnt there.

So my question is: Did someone , somewhere, hatched two pioneer dragon?
If so what wus the result or what result could we get?

Thanks you for answering!

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Sheffer wrote:
Back to rare pets hatching.

Some of my friends and me, all have pioneer dragons.
We restarted playing wizard 2 months ago.
And in the beta , pet hatching wusnt there.

So my question is: Did someone , somewhere, hatched two pioneer dragon?
If so what wus the result or what result could we get?

Thanks you for answering!

Well I don't have a pioneer dragon but I do have a Danger Hound.....wonder what type of pet would come from mixing the danger hound and pioneer dragon?????????Hmmm...

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
goldenheart387 wrote:
although i think it's nice that the pets get to do more in the game, i still think lvl up pets with those mini games is time consuming and boring. i believe it is best to have a separate quest for those pets which would be much more fun. the pets in your home can only run in circles in a small area which isn't all that fun to watch. they should be allowed to run around your entire home( inside and outside).

paying 80000 gold for the hatching process and ending up with one of the same pets we started with is ridiculous and a waste of time. be careful not to end up like other major games that started off with a bang and now are one of those dead games. you guys worked hard on it and won lots of awards but sorry to say, the recent updates are just not worth it anymore. hopefully Celestia will pull me back into the game cause nothing else so far is.

like dude this is totally bogus they made us sit here all year waiting for the new world and they give us a little strip of land to walk across and the level cap is still the same and even if cap was off we have to battle the same monster millions of times just to level up once

Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
i think we should have rare pets to hatch quicker and there should be more rare pets.

i also think every on should get a rare pet when they get a subscription hadly no one gets a rare pet!

i dont have a rare pet because there is only 1 out of 10 chance you will get one. i am so mad that there is 1 out of 10 chance you will get one.